ImageImageImageImageImage

Apologize to Lowry

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

GreatWhiteStiff
RealGM
And1: 12,414

Re: Apologize to Lowry 

Post#41 » by GreatWhiteStiff » Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:24 am

I mean his ts% is 56% and he's been incredible with the pass and plays passable defence. I remember when derozan had intolerable fanbois and he was shooting like 50% with no defence and little passing ability, and he was our best young asset. Take it easy on lowry guys, we have it pretty good.

Let's playin for 9th!

"OG puts the clamps on point guards like Trae Young." -DelAbbot
Young Moosehead
Veteran
And1: 4,025

Post#42 » by Young Moosehead » Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:25 am

Brettfinch wrote:Agreed ppl in this place are so toxic, it's getting unbearable... Starting to just come for news and not opinions anymore... The best team we've ever had and this place is the worst I've seen it...

Sent from my CLT-L04 using RealGM mobile app

That is so freaking true. After a loss or 2 I basically just avoid posting, and only read the first couple of posts in a thread to check the news and the emotional state of the board.

First in the league by a solid margin, our best win percentage this late in a season, good wins against good teams, almost all of our losses were 2 possessions away from being a victory, an MVP caliber player, 3 players gunning for a all star spot, a candidate for MIP, and still the negativity continues. "Wins against Golden State don't count because no Steph". "We will lose to MIlwaukee in playoffs".

Why can't people learn to be happy?
“It’s like being the ugly step child… I’m 6’9 in my heart.” - FVV
rotty
Head Coach
And1: 35,090

Post#43 » by rotty » Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:26 am

Johnny Bball wrote:
rottweiler93 wrote:
Johnny Bball wrote:
you really going to dig in on this one. Probably best to just end it and admit you were wrong.

Wrong about what exactly? Is it not a fact that he had a terrible shooting stretch and was inconsistent?

I wasnt wrong about ****. Apologizing for one good shooting game from a guy getting paid the amount of money he is getting paid is funny

What were you wrong about? Players can have slumps, not understanding variance, match-ups matter... I dunno... players don't exceed their average every night... he isn't all of a sudden a bad player, he just was sucking for a bit ...it was only his shooting, not sure what else you thought it was...

Except this isnt a slump. He is having his worst shooting season since 2014-2015.

In the last 6 games he had horrible shooting games where 5 of those games were against the best teams in the league.

I never also once said he was a bad player. I strictly criticized his shooting. And is that a crime to do? The guy is the second best player on the team and he was afraid to shoot the last couple of games and all of a sudden he hits shots ONE GAME and everyone says "oh **** you haters"

I even said in the PG thread that I hope he is consistent. Some of you fanboys cant take criticisms of your favorite player, that doesnt mean I hate the guy or think he's bad :crazy:
Johnny Bball
RealGM
And1: 48,802

Post#44 » by Johnny Bball » Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:27 am

rottweiler93 wrote:
Johnny Bball wrote:
rottweiler93 wrote:
Wrong about what exactly? Is it not a fact that he had a terrible shooting stretch and was inconsistent?

I wasnt wrong about ****. Apologizing for one good shooting game from a guy getting paid the amount of money he is getting paid is funny

What were you wrong about? Players can have slumps, not understanding variance, match-ups matter... I dunno... players don't exceed their average every night... he isn't all of a sudden a bad player, he just was sucking for a bit ...it was only his shooting, not sure what else you thought it was...

Except this isnt a slump. He is having his worst shooting season since 2014-2015.

In the last 6 games he had horrible shooting games where 5 of those games were against the best teams in the league.

I never also once said he was a bad player. I strictly criticized his shooting. And is that a crime to do? The guy is the second best player on the team and he was afraid to shoot the last couple of games and all of a sudden he hits shots ONE GAME and everyone says "oh **** you haters"

Would you prefer I wait for 3 games then do it.

But you really aremt getting variance.
RaptorsNorth
RealGM
And1: 13,757

Post#45 » by RaptorsNorth » Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:38 am

LJKO wrote:1 game and we should apologize smh? Why should we apologize? We know Lowry can do this and this is what we expect him to do with or without Kawhi. If anything he should be the one apologizing for costing us 3 games with his poor offense against: Denver, Brooklyn, and Milwaukee. We should be 25-4 and not 22-7 :banghead:
just apologize dude. Nut Huggers know nothing about accountability and consistency.. We'll have to "apologize" to brown and miles soon.
“Elephant in the room : Nick Thibodeau” Board member seanbig :lol: :lol: :lol:

"THEY'RE SAYING US AND GOLDEN STATE ARE THE SUPER TEAMS" Knicks PG Derrick Rose :lol:
And1Skip
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,747

Post#46 » by And1Skip » Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:39 am

whoknows wrote:As soon as he finally steps up when it matters - playoffs

Which was last playoffs which was one of his best stretches of his career, regular season or playoffs combined. But no ppl always want to point to game 4 of Cavs series when there was nothing to really play for being down 0-3 on the road. Even with that one bad game his averages where one of his best 10 game stretches of his career. He wasn’t the reason for the series loss against Cavs, it was coaching and DeMar.
Raptaz
Starter
And1: 2,400

Post#47 » by Raptaz » Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:48 am

HeadtopChunes wrote:This happens with every player lmao

(Ibaka is lazy Garbage)
(Apologize to Ibaka)

(JV is unplayable)
(Apologize to JV)

(Lowry is washed)
(apologize to lowry)

This isnt the first time nor will it be the last. The internet has made the world a more reactionary place.

up next FVV/CJ
Ackshun
General Manager
And1: 4,603

Post#48 » by Ackshun » Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:02 am

RaptorsNorth wrote:I Iove this board!! Star player making max money shows up for 1 out of 8 games.. Apologize to him hahahahahahaha keep that same energy tomorrow!

He's only played eight games this year ? Thought he played more than that.

Or are we using eight because it suits your point?

Has he shown up once all season ? More than once?

If you are going to use statistics, use them properly. If you can't do that, find another angle.
LJKO
RealGM
And1: 16,356

Post#49 » by LJKO » Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:20 am

RaptorsNorth wrote:
LJKO wrote:1 game and we should apologize smh? Why should we apologize? We know Lowry can do this and this is what we expect him to do with or without Kawhi. If anything he should be the one apologizing for costing us 3 games with his poor offense against: Denver, Brooklyn, and Milwaukee. We should be 25-4 and not 22-7 :banghead:
just apologize dude. Nut Huggers know nothing about accountability and consistency.. We'll have to "apologize" to brown and miles soon.

If you or one of the regulars made this thread i'd probably think about it but until he give me 1 month of good balance of offense, defense, and assist padding; I'll "NEVER" submit to an Apologize to Lowry. I like Lowry and i've been one of his supporters for a long time and will continue to support him when he makes Wowry shots but seriously I felt disgusted of poor offense for the past couple of weeks :sigh:
Badonkadonk
Head Coach
And1: 11,756

Post#50 » by Badonkadonk » Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:51 am

rottweiler93 wrote:not apologizing that he had one good shooting game in how long?

good job but hope he is consistent

"Consistent"

Dude plays 459 games as a Raptor and shoots 38% from three on some of the highest volume over those 7 years (almost 3,000 attempts).

He hits an ugly slump over 4-5 games. RealGM loses its mind and demands "consistency".

Man. That is some ass-backwards logic.
Anatomize
General Manager
And1: 6,167

Post#51 » by Anatomize » Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:42 am

VanWest82 wrote:I hate these threads and for that I am sorry, but in this case you really deserve it ungrateful Raptors fans. All this man does is lead us to wins. Even when his shot is off he's helping. Lowry goes on a cold streak because he's gassed and hurt, and you witch trial him off the team. Shame on you!

Eventually Lowry will no longer be a Raptor and we will likely lose. Remember these games. Appreciate the man responsible for so much of the Raptor organization's winning.

Oh shush. You can have bad games, but the leader of the team and it's 2nd best player should not have 0 for games let alone shooting confidence issues at the NBA level. This guy isn't Bargnani, no one is expecting such a horrible level of play, especially not in such close games, the guy looked like he checked out completely. How often do you see star players go 4 games in a row with 5, 7, 3, and 0 points on 4 of 28 shooting combined? Please, I'm waiting. People say this guy is better than Irving, I don't think I've ever seen Irving or any point guard worth their salt have 4 such atrocious games in a row (sprinkled throughout a season, sure). We've seen star players have bad games, and they bounce back the next game or the game after, but there was zero excuse for how piss poor he played considering how good he is. You can pretty much point at him directly and say he cost us three very winnable games (BKN, DEN, MIL).

You can support and love your players but still criticize them, the two things are not mutually exclusive. It doesn't mean you hate said player, I've been supporting Lowry around here forever and still love him as a player, which is why it's even more infuriating when he goes 0-5 and scores 0 points. It looked like he nearly pulled a Vince there when he stopped dunking.
hype_2004
RealGM
And1: 4,664

Post#52 » by hype_2004 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:53 am

Nope, he's trying to make a point, that the Raptors need him to win and he's more important than Leonard. That's a **** attitude, if proven right, smdh.
firekil
Rookie
And1: 1,209

Post#53 » by firekil » Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:04 am

incoming "RealGM needs to look in a mirror" post
OAKLEY_2
RealGM
And1: 8,889

Post#54 » by OAKLEY_2 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:19 am

firekil wrote:incoming "RealGM needs to look in a mirror" post

I never slammed him for his abilities but am guilty of looking too far ahead and should know that Raptors are a roller coaster ride and when Kyle is on he is an allstar without question. Even his attitude doesn't bug me because it is also part of his sense of humour and being a competitor. Encouraged to see Freddy with 14 assists... And yeah I would re-sign Green no matter what. No blowing anything up that is for fired Sam Hinkie's, the Bulls and not MLSE. Team negative needs legal weed.
J-Roc
RealGM
And1: 7,550

Post#55 » by J-Roc » Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:52 am

OP gives a backhanded apology by saying Kyle is "gassed and hurt".
rapsdontlie
Pro Prospect
And1: 985

Post#56 » by rapsdontlie » Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:53 am

Lol yeah I think Rap fans tend to forget that NBA players are humans just like us.

No one is really focused and consistent at work or school all the time. We all go through our ups and downs.... Doesn't matter matter if you're getting paid millions either. You'll still have these moments.
chimpston17
Sixth Man
And1: 644

Post#57 » by chimpston17 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:24 pm

LJKO wrote:1 game and we should apologize smh? Why should we apologize? We know Lowry can do this and this is what we expect him to do with or without Kawhi. If anything he should be the one apologizing for costing us 3 games against: Denver, Brooklyn, and Milwaukee as well going MIA for 2 week with his poor offense. We should be 25-4 and not 22-7 :banghead:
This logic makes no sense. Kyle is a huge reason this team is on first place and carried the team through much of the season. We would not even be 22-7 without him. You can't say it's his fault aren't 25-4. I think the team needs to be more conscious of not burning him out because he plays so hard all the time in a way that probably isn't sustainable for the load he has to carry for this team. Maybe it makes it clear to Masai that we also need a no 2 scorer because he carries this team in so many other ways that it probably isn't smart to expect that of him. Kyle should be a no 3 scorer. Make no mistake though he is the engine and heart of this team and that can't be taken for granted

Sent from my LG-H812 using RealGM mobile app
GenuineRapCrack
Junior
And1: 1,142

Post#58 » by GenuineRapCrack » Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:25 pm

Don't let this distract you from the fact that we still need a couple of people

Sent from my SM-N960U using RealGM mobile app
LBJKB24MJ23
RealGM
And1: 21,171

Post#59 » by LBJKB24MJ23 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:27 pm

Ackshun wrote:
RaptorsNorth wrote:I Iove this board!! Star player making max money shows up for 1 out of 8 games.. Apologize to him hahahahahahaha keep that same energy tomorrow!

He's only played eight games this year ? Thought he played more than that.

Or are we using eight because it suits your point?

Has he shown up once all season ? More than once?

If you are going to use statistics, use them properly. If you can't do that, find another angle.

lol can't argue with him tbh. RaptorsNorth, RaptorsLife etc

he's really bipolar when it comes to topics and there's no in-between with him. hot takes everywhere. kudos to him, the forum feeds off these hot takes and its usually what the forum is feeling at the moment at time. very similar to how the political situation in the states was won. say a bunch of **** that a lot of people are subtlely feeling and exploit their feelings, not their intelligence.
raf1995 wrote:I just don’t think he has that kind of potential. I think we will regret not trading him for a haul in a few years when he’s a mid-tier starter with nice playmaking and defense and a shaky jumper.
NiL8r87
Pro Prospect
And1: 832

Post#60 » by NiL8r87 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:50 pm

Uh dumbasses, you aren’t apologizing because Lowry came out of his slump. You’re apologizing because you’re most likely one of the morons who thought he was actively trying to sabotage the team as an FU to Masai.

Return to Toronto Raptors