ImageImageImageImageImage

Kawhi regarding Toronto weather: "Just wear a jacket. We're in a building. We're not outside playing in a snow"

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

KrazyP
General Manager
And1: 5,451

Re: Kawhi regarding Toronto weather: 

Post#121 » by KrazyP » Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:58 am

Clay Davis wrote:
KrazyP wrote:
soloxylo wrote:
Reason why I don't get the cold weather stigma Toronto has, as if teams on the East Coast (New York, Boston, Philly), Mid-West (Chicago, Minnesota, Detroit, Cleveland) don't experience the same winters we do here; if not colder. It's just something that leans back to the whole American ignorance of us living in Igloos over here. It's ridiculous.

I don't think its ridiculous at all. I think a lot of fans have a hard time putting themselves in other peoples shoes....their views are often myopic.

If I was a young and rich prime time NBA free agent with no ties to Toronto, I would never ever consider signing here as a free agent. I wouldn't consider other cold weather places like Detroit, Milwaukee, Minnesota, Cleveland, Denver, Indiana, etc either. When was the last time any one of these teams landed anybody significant?

New York, Boston, Chicago, LALakers would be on my list because they are storied franchises.....after that, I'd consider Miami, LAClips, Golden State and maybe Portland, Orlando and a Texas team if they were good. Thats it. Toronto is a middle of the pack NBA city in terms of desirability.

On a side note - I love how Kawhi handles interviews. He's an introvert like I am.....we dont like wasting time on stupid questions and useless chit chat.
Did you forget about Lebron returning back to Cleveland?

Sent from my ASUS_X00HD using RealGM mobile app

Lebron was born and raised in Cleveland. I'm talking about bringing in big time free agents with no previous ties to a city.

Return to Toronto Raptors