ImageImageImageImageImage

Clippers recruitment of Kawhi already underway

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

neurotik
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,864

Re: Clippers recruitment of Kawhi already underway 

Post#41 » by neurotik » Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:48 pm

OakleyDokely wrote:Lawrence Frank has the charisma of a traffic cone.
So does Kawhi
(1 of 10)
tripa
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,352

Post#42 » by tripa » Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:50 pm

Can you guys quit talking about hockey? Thanks.
Dalek
RealGM
And1: 9,199

Post#43 » by Dalek » Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:54 pm

I don't care about the recruitment or what random reporters with supposed 'inside knowledge' say. Despite all that noise, Kawhi at every single turn has been everything you want on and off the court for Toronto. There are absolutely no character questions. He even talks about the weather without any malice and even speaks to how impressive the team is on the court.

Even if he walks, the players are better for it. You learn from playing with the best. OG has had some really good moments until he got hurt in Boston. Siakam made a huge leap. Everyone learns more about being a champion with Kawhi around. I think the trade was worth it at this point.
Kevin Willis
RealGM
And1: 7,941

Post#44 » by Kevin Willis » Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:02 pm

Retired San Diego State head coach Steve Fisher joined the Raptors broadcast and was effusive in his praise for his former player in Leonard: “All he wants to do is win. He doesn’t caught up with stats, and shots, or points. He just wants to win. I’ve never had a guy who works harder on skill building than he does.”
Ska needs to make a comeback.
Metallikid
RealGM
And1: 9,962

Post#45 » by Metallikid » Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:29 pm

v1n5anity wrote:
ATLTimekeeper wrote:Showing up at games isn't really something that's going to impress a guy like Kawhi. I'd bet Ballmer's used car salesman energy makes him cringe. Lawrence Frank isn't like some highly respected NBA voice, he's a burnout coach a la Thibs/Scott Skiles that's been bumped to the front office because he couldn't hack it as a coach anymore. I would fear Jerry West and I would fear the location draw of playing at home and I would fear their liquid cap situation giving Kawhi an opportunity to put his GM hat on. I don't think it matters that the Clippers are watching Kawhi play or that they're rolling out the red carpet.

Well you could also argue that Jerry West can be a disadvantage. Everyone knows he's highly respected kinda like Pop, and Kawhi and his reps may not like that. They may like our front office more because aside from them also being competent, they're the type that will give into Kawhi's every request no questions asked. I just feel like you can't do that with Jerry West.

I remember Nick Nurse was asked on Danny Green's podcast about who decides if Kawhi will play on b2b's and Nurse said that it was actually the front office (of course Kawhi and/or his reps as well) and not his decision and so he just finds out on that day as well if Kawhi is a go.

Actually I think the reason he might be a disadvantage is that Kawhi is tired dealing with crusty old white guys. Pop and RC probably don't seem too different from West, Winger and Ballmer. Masai is black, and Bobby is young, come on MLSE, get 'er done!

Return to Toronto Raptors