ImageImageImageImageImage

Some numbers without Kawhi this season

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

SHFT
Head Coach
And1: 4,956

Re: Some numbers without Kawhi this season 

Post#21 » by SHFT » Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:36 pm

First Step wrote:
Michael Jordan wrote:If he does end up leaving it'll be interesting to see if a full blown rebuild is actually commenced or if the roster gets retooled to continue winning. After all, Norm and OG are the only players under contract for the 20-21 season.

I think they've created a solid reputation for themselves to attract free agents.

Yeah exactly. I'm sure other stars are looking at Kawhi's role with the Raptors and thinking "I'll take that if he doesn't want it" And why go into full rebuild mode when we already have some good prospects like Siakam, FVV and OG. I like our prospects better than say the Hornets who have had better picks but ended up with guys like Monk, Kaminsky (although I like Bridges). We don't need a rebuild, we just need to replace pieces that exit the system. Yes, it will be hard to replace Kawhi, but we can still be really good with someone coming in and taking his role.
My buddy is convinced if Kawhi walks we will sign KD for that exact reason. His rep took a hit...he might feel the need to carry a team on his own...raps were his fav team growing up.

Man can dream i guess lol

Sent from my LG-H915 using RealGM mobile app
spoiled2dacore
Senior
And1: 331

Post#22 » by spoiled2dacore » Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:47 pm

SHFT wrote:
First Step wrote:
Michael Jordan wrote:If he does end up leaving it'll be interesting to see if a full blown rebuild is actually commenced or if the roster gets retooled to continue winning. After all, Norm and OG are the only players under contract for the 20-21 season.

I think they've created a solid reputation for themselves to attract free agents.

Yeah exactly. I'm sure other stars are looking at Kawhi's role with the Raptors and thinking "I'll take that if he doesn't want it" And why go into full rebuild mode when we already have some good prospects like Siakam, FVV and OG. I like our prospects better than say the Hornets who have had better picks but ended up with guys like Monk, Kaminsky (although I like Bridges). We don't need a rebuild, we just need to replace pieces that exit the system. Yes, it will be hard to replace Kawhi, but we can still be really good with someone coming in and taking his role.
My buddy is convinced if Kawhi walks we will sign KD for that exact reason. His rep took a hit...he might feel the need to carry a team on his own...raps were his fav team growing up.

I also think this is not that outlandish as it may appear. KD in Toronto with the right people to convince the superstar, never say never!
johanliebert
General Manager
And1: 5,665

Post#23 » by johanliebert » Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:49 pm

blastttOFF wrote:Raptors without Kawhi = a very good regular season team but a bad playoff team

Raptors with Kawhi = a mediocre regular season team but an elite playoff team

Elite playoff team? That’s to be determined. Kawhi as the man didn’t lead the spurs anywhere.
flipside21
Veteran
And1: 896

Post#24 » by flipside21 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:02 pm

I had said it in another thread - but I think what this highlights is the fact that Nurse has NOT successfully merged the old with the new yet.

I truly believe he is capable of doing so - but I believe there is a significant dissonance between Kawhi's ideal role and the remnants of the team's habits formed around DeRozan's role as a faux-superstar for this team.

We need to be the ball movement heavy, selfless, aggressive offensive team we are without Kawhi - but with him integrated and featured within that system.

Defensively the integration has been much more natural - we are undoubtedly a monstrous defensive unit when we've got Kawhi in the game.
bstein14
RealGM
And1: 8,048

Post#25 » by bstein14 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:26 pm

dacrusha wrote:
bstein14 wrote:How much cap space does Toronto have is Leonard leaves? Would they have the money to land someone like Tobias Harris?

Minus Kawhi, Raptors on the hook for $107 million in 2019/20 (unless Jonas ($17 million) and CJ ($8 million) opt out) which is not likely)... with a $109 million cap, they don't have much room for any FA of note.

If Leonard does leave, Marcus Morris might be an ideal replacement with the full MLE. He's been killing it off the bench for Boston this year.
Metallikid
RealGM
And1: 9,962

Post#26 » by Metallikid » Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:52 pm

johanliebert wrote:
blastttOFF wrote:Raptors without Kawhi = a very good regular season team but a bad playoff team

Elite playoff team? That’s to be determined. Kawhi as the man didn’t lead the spurs anywhere.

He was a Zaza injury away from going up 2-0 on the Warriors, single-handedly beating them at home... twice.
bluerap23
Head Coach
And1: 6,574

Post#27 » by bluerap23 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:31 am

They are 16-6 with Kawhi which is a 60 win team. Hardly mediocre
yogimvp
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,927

Post#28 » by yogimvp » Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:55 am

even if masai wanted to rebuild i dont think mlse would let him.
Kevin Willis
RealGM
And1: 7,941

Post#29 » by Kevin Willis » Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:08 am

vini_vidi_vici wrote:
pingpongrac wrote:
vini_vidi_vici wrote:To Oakleys point (because most of his rest days were on the 2nd of a b2b), this team is 5-0 on the second night of a b2b, with an avg point margin of 17.8 points.
So what you're saying is we're blowing out the Warriors tonight

Sent from my LG-H831 using RealGM mobile app

We havent won at the Oracle since KOs 2004 team (84-81 in OT!!!), so its the immovable object vs the unstoppable force, something has to give.

But yea, Raps by 30.

Prophet VVV has spoken. So let it be written, so let it be done.
Ska needs to make a comeback.
WaltFrazier
RealGM
And1: 26,631

Post#30 » by WaltFrazier » Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:36 am

I don't want Kawhi to leave, but if he does and you plug a decent guy in there,a poor man's Kawhi as replacement, our young core will be improved enough next year to have a very good playoff team. No rebuild needed, just retool a bit
There goes my hero. Watch him as he goes.
nabbs
RealGM
And1: 19,365

Post#31 » by nabbs » Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:55 am

Outside of the Wizards, we blew all of those teams out :o

2018 My Top Guys (no particular order): Doncic, JJJ, Zhaire Smith, Miles Bridges, Knox, Wendell, Bamba, Ayton, Sexton, Brown, Huerter, Okogie, Svi,
nabbs
RealGM
And1: 19,365

Post#32 » by nabbs » Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:59 am

VanWest82 wrote:What makes it so incredible is the quality opponents we've faced without him. Four playoff caliber teams vs. two cupcakes. I'd argue three of our best wins on the year were in these games (@LAL, @Utah, @Clippers).

I mentioned earlier but out of context. Outside of the Washington win, we blew out all of our opponents on the second night of B2Bs

2018 My Top Guys (no particular order): Doncic, JJJ, Zhaire Smith, Miles Bridges, Knox, Wendell, Bamba, Ayton, Sexton, Brown, Huerter, Okogie, Svi,
bboyskinnylegs
RealGM
And1: 25,497

Post#33 » by bboyskinnylegs » Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:00 am

WaltFrazier wrote:I don't want Kawhi to leave, but if he does and you plug a decent guy in there,a poor man's Kawhi as replacement, our young core will be improved enough next year to have a very good playoff team. No rebuild needed, just retool a bit

would KD fit the bill?
microjacklin
Pro Prospect
And1: 555

Post#34 » by microjacklin » Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:02 am

Image if We got LBJ instead Kawhi with the team
Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,427

Post#35 » by Raps in 4 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:04 am

johanliebert wrote:

Only to a an NBA championship.
kai_bouche
Sixth Man
And1: 10,166

Post#36 » by kai_bouche » Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:34 am

Screw off,
Look at our record.
Look at his numbers.
We are trying to get him acclimated to the team,
That’s normal and Lowry was in a slump.
Kingsway_fan wrote:Lol boucher in two minutes.. 2 blocks, 2 pts, 2 ribs, 1 stl
LuDux1
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,042

Post#37 » by LuDux1 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:56 am

SHFT wrote:
First Step wrote:

"They criticized him for joining 73 win team, so he joined 63 win team. That will show them" Notadurant
vini_vidi_vici
RealGM
And1: 20,796

Post#38 » by vini_vidi_vici » Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:00 pm

Kevin Willis wrote:
vini_vidi_vici wrote:
pingpongrac wrote:So what you're saying is we're blowing out the Warriors tonight

Sent from my LG-H831 using RealGM mobile app

We havent won at the Oracle since KOs 2004 team (84-81 in OT!!!), so its the immovable object vs the unstoppable force, something has to give.

But yea, Raps by 30.

Prophet VVV has spoken. So let it be written, so let it be done.

I got you.

As for the topic, I dont think KL can carry a team for a full 82, but I love when they let him run the offense and hes not deferring.
iDRTG is terrible. ** Paid for by Pfizer Inc.
SHFT
Head Coach
And1: 4,956

Post#39 » by SHFT » Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:38 pm

LuDux1 wrote:
SHFT wrote:
First Step wrote:Yeah exactly. I'm sure other stars are looking at Kawhi's role with the Raptors and thinking "I'll take that if he doesn't want it" And why go into full rebuild mode when we already have some good prospects like Siakam, FVV and OG. I like our prospects better than say the Hornets who have had better picks but ended up with guys like Monk, Kaminsky (although I like Bridges). We don't need a rebuild, we just need to replace pieces that exit the system. Yes, it will be hard to replace Kawhi, but we can still be really good with someone coming in and taking his role.

"They criticized him for joining 73 win team, so he joined 63 win team. That will show them" Notadurant
Little different lol. 73 win team with other HOF players. That came back to beat him from 3-1 in the playoffs. That already won 2 rings without him.....

OakleyDokely
RealGM
And1: 63,506

Post#40 » by OakleyDokely » Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:26 pm

Kyle Lowry in the games Kawhi has missed:

8 games: 18.5 points (45.3 FG%), 12.1 assists, 6.4 rebounds, 1.8 steals

Return to Toronto Raptors