ImageImageImageImageImage

why did the bucks and 76ers go ALL in this season?

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Harcore Fenton Mun
RealGM
And1: 7,727

Re: why did the bucks and 76ers go ALL in this season? 

Post#41 » by Harcore Fenton Mun » Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:51 am

Don't think they don't take Simmons as a Rich Paul client seriously.

They don't know how long they have.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,563

Post#42 » by 76ciology » Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:26 am

sidsid wrote:
76ciology wrote:1.) uncertainty on the availability of star players after this wave. I dont see a set of star wings after the traded ones this season. I also dont see bucks or sixers winning the kd or kawhi fa lottery
2.) gsw looks like the tower of babel with the dmc move then rumors of Kd leaving with the sharp decline of draymond and a struggling klay
3.) bucks built a very special team and are just moving according to the momentum while sixers has a limited window until ben’s max extension while they’re just capitalizing on clips and wolves direction of wanting to dispose tobias and butler

The first point is accurate I think. The Sixers struck out on LeBron et al last year, and now all the speculation is going towards the LA and NY teams. They're taking a calculated risk on bringing these guys together and selling them on the team now instead of just hoping an FA decides to join them.

I think it was the right risk to take considering they were on the outside looking in on expected rumours/destinations and running out of runway after this year.

The Bucks don't have a ton to work with, since their entire team is expiring. It was just a relatively low cost move to add to what they're already doing this year. The whole team might be different next year.

For the sixers, ive said this on our board. We just have to accept that we are not New York or LA. We’re just a destination for second tier FAs. And thats pretty much what we did when we went after Jimmy and Tobias.

Sure we can probably just get them through FA. But the risk of letting those two get away will really be a big blow given how our team was built (poor perimeter players) and the fultz situation.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Badonkadonk
Head Coach
And1: 11,756

Post#43 » by Badonkadonk » Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:31 am

Not sure how people don't understand how fleeting competitive windows can be and how important it is to take your shot while the opportunity exists.

You never know what's going to happen. Injuries. New generational talent (Zion). FA movement. Unexpected player drama (AD).

With respect to Philly specifically, Simmons, Reddick, Harris and Butler will all be making more money on their next deals than their current - and the latter three will be doing so next year. It was very smart for Brand to go for it IMO.
OakleyDokely
RealGM
And1: 63,513

Post#44 » by OakleyDokely » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:03 pm

The East hasn't been this wide open since 2009 or 2010. When you have a legit chance to go the finals, you have to take it.
JShuttlesworth
General Manager
And1: 12,848

Post#45 » by JShuttlesworth » Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:57 pm

SFour wrote:
JShuttlesworth wrote:Bucks and Sixers haven't gone all in the same way we have. If Kawhi leaves the ride is all but over for us - The old core is gone.

I like what both of those teams have done to bulk up for the playoffs.

Butler and Tobias can leave just like Kawhi can. These guys want to get paid the max.

Absolutely. But their two best players and future core in Simmons and Embiid aren't going anywhere. They'll go 'all in' again and again with this core in coming years.
Raptor_Guy
General Manager
And1: 3,053

Post#46 » by Raptor_Guy » Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:15 pm

You're asking why 2 teams with a good shot at making the finals improved themselves?
johanliebert
General Manager
And1: 5,665

Post#47 » by johanliebert » Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:43 pm

Because their owners want to win lol
PT416
Assistant Coach
And1: 6,243

Post#48 » by PT416 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:59 pm

Thread should be titled why did the 76ers go Buck this season
Hero
RealGM
And1: 53,364

Post#49 » by Hero » Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:55 pm

Raptor_Guy wrote:You're asking why 2 teams with a good shot at making the finals improved themselves?
I have to say....I don't get it either. It seems obvious why they would. No LeBron to stop anyone this year.

Return to Toronto Raptors