ImageImageImageImageImage

Woj: Jeremy Lin to be bought out and sign with Toronto

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

steady
Veteran
And1: 1,351

Re: Woj: Jeremy Lin to be bought out and sign with Toronto 

Post#1021 » by steady » Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:59 am

Kawhi Hands wrote:

Read on Twitter
?s=20

How loud was it?
PG13
Starter
And1: 845

Post#1022 » by PG13 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:21 am

Tim Horton wrote:
lin is ok wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
im still trying to wrap my head around the notion that Lin should relegate FVV to the wright 3rd string role

Haha prokorov , :crazy:
How’s your nets doing?

we don't expect him to wrap his around the relegation since he just watched his first Raptors game.

What made him the expert? :lol: :lol: :lol:

i'll click report on his next troll post.

:lol: Minutes before that post Prok got into an argument on the Nets board with Kamaze, who Prok alleged to be a Lin fan, in the Nets @ Raptors 2/11/19 thread. Rich Rane the mod gave Prok a warning, told him to “stop flooding the board” or he swore he would have Prok “banned much longer than a day”, and locked up that thread. So Prok came over here trying to stir things up as a revenge to the Raptors, to Lin, and to Lin fans :lol: :lol: :lol:
raptorstime
RealGM
And1: 43,288

Post#1023 » by raptorstime » Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:22 pm

Bankai wrote:Random thought. Is Jeremy Lin the biggest FA signing since Hedo? And I don't mean guys who re signed. I mean guys looking from the outside and go "yup I want to play for the Raptors." Lin obviously had other teams interested but he chose Toronto.

yes, but it shows how sad our history is unfortunately.
Boogie!
RealGM
And1: 52,782
Location: Ba da da da daaaaaa. If you build it, they will come!

Post#1024 » by Boogie! » Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:14 am

Prokorov wrote:
StopitLeo wrote:50 pages. Wow.

im still trying to wrap my head around the notion that Lin should relegate FVV to the wright 3rd string role

I mean no one said that he was relegating fvv to anything, but the fact that you think that's such a ludicrous idea is exactly the issue in the first place.
mdenny wrote:In anycase....Masai is probably gonna make Fred the first active player/head coach in franchise history now that Nurse is out of the way. That's been the plan all along.
Scott Hall
RealGM
And1: 62,605

Post#1025 » by Scott Hall » Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:00 am

Read on Twitter
SpiderMunn
Starter
And1: 5,506

Post#1026 » by SpiderMunn » Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:36 am

Scott Hall wrote:
Read on Twitter

That article made me feel weird
PoundTown
Sixth Man
And1: 1,154

Post#1027 » by PoundTown » Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:15 pm

The raps were so bad that year, but man, I hate seeing the arena happy after Lin hits that shot. If Steve Nash hit a game winner on us I wouldn’t cheer and I loved Steve Nash and was proud of his contribution to Canadian basketball. I think rookie Kyrie hit one against us that year in same fashion if I’m recalling it correctly.

Good to have Lin with us now though, but do we ever have a crowded backcourt on the bench... is it Lin, Freddy or norm that will be squeezed out at playoff time? Because I don’t think all three are going to have a significant role come playoff time.
niQ
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 29,216

Post#1028 » by niQ » Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:54 am

Scott Hall wrote:
Read on Twitter

Am I tripping or does it look like he's about to cross over in mid air in that pic?
Anatomize
General Manager
And1: 6,167

Post#1029 » by Anatomize » Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:29 pm

niQ wrote:
Scott Hall wrote:
Read on Twitter

Am I tripping or does it look like he's about to cross over in mid air in that pic?

You're not tripping, he's asian Jesus
Sweetdownlow
Senior
And1: 308

Post#1030 » by Sweetdownlow » Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:03 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21
ontnut
RealGM
And1: 8,038

Post#1031 » by ontnut » Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:17 pm

niQ wrote:
Scott Hall wrote:
Read on Twitter

Jeremy Lin >>> David Blaine
Dalek
RealGM
And1: 9,214

Post#1032 » by Dalek » Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:37 pm

Excited to see Lin who will have a real challenge in locating Patty Mills tonight. Mills is one of those waterbug PGs that can get their shot off from deep. Lin looks like he is committed to busting through screens, but it will be challenge for him.

I'd like it if Toronto tried to use the following line-up for speed:

Lin
McCaw
Powell
OG
Ibaka/Siakam

I think they need to play with more pace off the bench. It isn't about shooting the lights out as much as getting the transition game going. Lin is a willing to move the ball in transition, and having some wings who can go with him makes some sense.
metafisical
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,744

Post#1033 » by metafisical » Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:56 pm

PoundTown wrote:The raps were so bad that year, but man, I hate seeing the arena happy after Lin hits that shot. If Steve Nash hit a game winner on us I wouldn’t cheer and I loved Steve Nash and was proud of his contribution to Canadian basketball. I think rookie Kyrie hit one against us that year in same fashion if I’m recalling it correctly.

A lot of people in Toronto are not fans of the Raptors. They are fans of certain players or teams for ethnic or nationalist reasons.

I don't care. They are paying customers so they have every right to cheer or boo whoever they want and whenever they want.

All that matters to me is if there are pretty women in the crowd. I don't care at all for what happens on the court. I don't even know half the players on our team lol.
I acknowledge and thank the lək̓ʷəŋən peoples of the Songhees, Esquimalt and W̱SÁNEĆ First Nations for allowing me to live, work and play on their unceded traditional territories. I also acknowledge the Métis Charter Community of Victoria.
visionquest
Starter
And1: 2,378

Post#1034 » by visionquest » Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:50 pm

Who gets a bigger ovation, DD or Lin?
Sweetdownlow
Senior
And1: 308

Post#1035 » by Sweetdownlow » Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:27 am

jlin7 IG after Celtics game

As athletes, we’re wired to always want, work and achieve. But it’s sooo healthy to pause, be still and count my blessings! Health to hoop, health to live. The game of basketball. The tens of thousands of fans who fill the arena and the millions worldwide who tune in too. Teammates, coaches, opponents, competition. Blessings, successes, adversity, failures. Family, friends, fans, haters. Everything down to having basic necessities to live! Thank you Lord for it all!! #WeTheNorth #gratitudeattitude #shortarmsequalsnoblocks

Basketball_Jones
RealGM
And1: 16,759

Post#1036 » by Basketball_Jones » Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:31 am

Impressive defense, never knew it was so good.
2019 Eastern Conference All Stars

Derozan
Lowry
Ibaka
Valanciunas
Van Vleet
Delon Wright
Lebron
Embiid

There are only 2 teams in the league that rank in the top 6 in offensive and defensive efficiency: the Golden State Warriors and the Toronto Raptors.
Tanner
Veteran
And1: 4,173

Post#1037 » by Tanner » Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:33 am

Lin is a really good back up PG. Turning JV/Delon into Gasol/Lin (with the added bonus of dumping Miles) was excellent.
ForeverTFC
RealGM
And1: 14,404

Post#1038 » by ForeverTFC » Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:47 am

Wish he had better playmaking/PG skills. With that said, he's been a solid addition, very steady - much better player than I thought he was.
scopy
General Manager
And1: 16,421

Post#1039 » by scopy » Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:49 am

Best is yet to come from Lin, he can light it up when he gets going. It's going to be fun, can't wait.
Thanks to Turbo_Zone for the sig.
Boardbreaker
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,880

Post#1040 » by Boardbreaker » Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:05 am

ForeverTFC wrote:Wish he had better playmaking/PG skills. With that said, he's been a solid addition, very steady - much better player than I thought he was.

I've actually been impressed with what I've seen from him as a pg, his vision and passing are on point. He's making a lot of good reads and passes it's just our guys aren't converting or aren't expecting the pass so it ends up a broken play. Just like with Gasol, once he's more acclimated with the team you'll start seeing his assist numbers rack up.

Return to Toronto Raptors