ImageImageImageImageImage

Kawhi Leonard Doesn't... | New Balance Commercial

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Double Helix
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 28,754

Re: Kawhi Leonard Doesn't... | New Balance Commercial 

Post#181 » by Double Helix » Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:16 am

Honestly, they look way better than expected.

Read on Twitter
Kordic27
Analyst
And1: 3,290

Post#182 » by Kordic27 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:43 am

Double Helix wrote:Honestly, they look way better than expected.

Read on Twitter

Agree - those look great. I’m in.
Trusted Ujiri Watcher
Double Helix
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#183 » by Double Helix » Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:08 am

The blue (Huskies) colorway is called Black Ice.

The red and black and yello one with the the Dino bones on the sole is called DNA.

The black one above is called Best Kept Secret.

The red and white retro ones from the 80s are called project 515.
lexxus
Rookie
And1: 1,733

Post#184 » by lexxus » Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:31 am

**** dope of a shoe man.
bboyskinnylegs
RealGM
And1: 25,497

Post#185 » by bboyskinnylegs » Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:33 am

I think this is going to work out really well for both Kawhi and New Balance
Jcity08
RealGM
And1: 15,542

Post#186 » by Jcity08 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:45 am

Read on Twitter

They look damn good. I actually would rock those.

Signed with team T.W.O for the 2022-23 2023-24 season.
JShuttlesworth
General Manager
And1: 12,846

Post#187 » by JShuttlesworth » Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:50 am

Multiple colour ways released on NBHoops IG. These sneakers look dope imo. Coming from someone who plays tennis as well, strictly wearing NB, I feel these will perform well.

Love the fact they are mid cuts. Too many lows these days. I'm not taping my ankles to play pickup and can't risk it wearing lows.

I'll likely cop to check these out.
PhilBlackson
RealGM
And1: 42,282

Post#188 » by PhilBlackson » Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:53 am

I like the actual overall design but would have used some different materials to really make it look good.

Just glad they're not completely fugly lol
>>>SCOTTIEALLSTARSEASON<<< -- U KNOW THE VIBEZ :guitar: Club Shai Shai GA
Taking names of who OG will be better than Shaedon: DelAbbott, ThaCynic, pingpongrac, Los_29, OakleyDokley
WeTheNorth123
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,363

Post#189 » by WeTheNorth123 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:58 am

Read on Twitter

Ya i get a supreme vibe, i like it
Valard
Sixth Man
And1: 2,902

Post#190 » by Valard » Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:45 am

will buy
Boardbreaker
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,880

Post#191 » by Boardbreaker » Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:48 am

I’m not sure if it’s the N logo or just the placement but I think they would have looked better with that on the tongue and keep the new balance text on the strap. Overall it’s a decent looking shoe (though it does take a few design cues from the Jordan XXXIIs he seemed to be fond of).
yodamaster
Veteran
And1: 2,629

Post#192 » by yodamaster » Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:00 am

i doubt these will come in varying widths we expect from new balances....
if it comes in 2E, i'm buying at least 3 pairs in different colourways. it's so hard to find a well fitting basketball shoes, lebrons are almost criminal in how narrow they are.
raptorstime
RealGM
And1: 43,291

Post#193 » by raptorstime » Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:12 am

PhilBlackson wrote:I like the actual overall design but would have used some different materials to really make it look good.

Just glad they're not completely fugly lol

looks cheap
NBJ13
Head Coach
And1: 7,196

Post#194 » by NBJ13 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:01 pm

I'd be in on the blacked out ones but with the red band
Sakkreth
Starter
And1: 3,404

Post#195 » by Sakkreth » Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:26 pm

Where can I see all the colors?
JShuttlesworth
General Manager
And1: 12,846

Post#196 » by JShuttlesworth » Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:29 pm

Sakkreth wrote:Where can I see all the colors?

@nbhoops on instagram. It's a sneak peak - not full shots of all the colour ways last time I checked.
flipside21
Veteran
And1: 896

Post#197 » by flipside21 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:29 pm

Okay seriously that's a nice spot.
KingSebastian
Rookie
And1: 1,219

Post#198 » by KingSebastian » Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:33 pm

All black
I will wear theseImage

Sent from my Redmi 4X using Tapatalk
Double Helix
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#199 » by Double Helix » Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:27 am

From GQ:

https://www.gq.com/story/kawhi-leonard-new-balance-omn1s-release

Reaction online has been mixed. Based on an informal survey of tweets and Instagram comments, there’s roughly a 50-50 split between “Damn these clean”- and “This ain’t it chief”-type comments—not bad, all things considered, given how fickle and outright nasty the internet sneaker community can sometimes be.
For our money, the OMN1S is a promising initial foray that both suits Kawhi’s reserved demeanor and demonstrates New Balance’s ability to craft a competent performance hoops shoe. They were never going to come out the gate with something as radical as the Nike Hyperadapt BB, but we can’t help but wish a brand with such a rich and unusual heritage had delivered something a little more distinctive.

Of the six initial colorways NB previewed over the weekend, by far the most alluring is the “Trust Leonard” version—with “Kawhi Leonard.” printed across the back in a Times New Roman-y font—a nod to the shoemakers’ iconic 1980s ads starring Lakers great James Worthy. If New Balance’s basketball line is going to succeed, those are the kinds of things they’ll need to lean into: the dad-ish, normcore vibes that have made their classic kicks a hit with a certain type of fashion guy.
The biggest problem with the OMN1S, really, is the name, which presents a Wonders/Oneders-esque quandary: how in the hell are you supposed to pronounce it? Is it just “Omnis”? “Omni Ones”? “Omn-Ones”? “Om-nom-noms”? Hopefully New Balance will clear that up before the OMN2S eventually drop.

What It Means for Kawhi
This is what Kawhi wanted. Last March, the former Finals MVP reportedly turned down a four-year, $22-million deal from Jordan Brand—his shoe sponsor since 2013—in search of an opportunity to grow his profile and become the face of a brand. When New Balance swooped in to sign him in November, it seemed like an ideal match of unconventional company and unconventional superstar. Now, though, it’s time for Kawhi to step up and fill his role as a brand ambassador.
The non-verbal schtick in the commercial above is clever, but it’s not going to work forever. When you’ve got your name on the shoe, you need to do more than just play well to move product—even if you’re a perennial MVP candidate and former Defensive Player of the Year. Kids watched Jordan act a fool with Spike Lee and bring the smackdown to the Monstars. They’ve seen LeBron pal around with Drake, and laughed at Kyrie in old man makeup. All that most NBA fans know about Kawhi is that he’s quiet, hates the limelight, and has an awkward laugh. That kind of anti-personality might sell emo folk albums, but it won’t help much with a basketball sneaker.
Kawhi asked for a bigger platform; New Balance has given him one. For their relationship to continue to be mutually beneficial, he’s going to have to open up and be willing to play ball off the court. No one’s asking Kawhi to suddenly become a trash-talking savant like Gary Payton or a fit god like Russell Westbrook, but flashing a little more personality and moving beyond the two-word interview answers would go a long way toward improving his marketability—and dispelling all the rumors that he’s a steal-savvy cyborg.

What It Means for Raptors Fans
Despite Toronto’s steady success in the East over the last few seasons—and despite their global ambassador’s meme-making antics on the sidelines—the OMN1S is the first signature model for a Raptor since Vince Carter’s severely underrated Shox line in the early ‘00s. It’s a much-appreciated milestone for a self-flagellating fanbase that feels constantly overlooked and disrespected by officials, TV networks and the league as a whole.
But it also serves as yet another reminder that the team’s current window—with a legitimate superstar in Kawhi, backed up by all-stars Kyle Lowry and Marc Gasol and a bevy of young talent—might slam shut far faster than it creaked open. With Kawhi expected to hit unrestricted free agency in July, Raps fans are desperately searching for clues to his plans, Da Vinci Code-ing the hell out of his postgame comments, his real estate investments, and now, of course, his sneakers.
Sneaker brands are notorious for nudging their stars toward more traditional media-friendly hubs like New York or Los Angeles, but Toronto is low-key the fourth-largest market in the NBA and the only team in a country of 37 million. If enough Canadians cop OMN1S to turn some heads at New Balance—and the Kawhi-led Raptors can earn a Finals berth for the first time in franchise history—it could help Toronto keep its brightest star, and his budding new sneaker line, up north for years to come.

Return to Toronto Raptors