ImageImageImageImageImage

Kawhi Comments On His Experience In Toronto So Far

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

raptorstime
RealGM
And1: 43,280

Re: Kawhi Comments On His Experience In Toronto So Far 

Post#141 » by raptorstime » Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:43 am

JShuttlesworth wrote:Everyone is tired of the winter by February. Myself included, I'm hoping for an early spring

feb is close to being over, we are almost there
Meeksology
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,549

Post#142 » by Meeksology » Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:53 am

neurotik wrote:
Lucky 24 wrote:
neurotik wrote:Let me put it this way: There hasn't been a single day this winter where I looked outside and said "this looks like nice weather for a walk."

Then leave if you don't like it LOL. There are many more people lining up to gladly take your spot in one of the top cities in the world.

Move to the middle east, Africa, south america or South Asia and I'm sure you will be much happier...as you know those countries always rank near the top of living quality. /Sarcasm

Lol Easy there buddy. No need to get so defensive. There is nothing wrong with someone having a different opinion than you on a subject as trivial as the weather in Toronto.
I was about to reply to him too, like calm the **** down. Like damn, he even goes on to insult the quality of living in other countries because someone on the internet said they don't like winter.

Sent from my SM-N950W using RealGM mobile app
suntzuballin
Head Coach
And1: 2,770

Post#143 » by suntzuballin » Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:16 am

he sayin its cold in the tdot say if tdot got weather from where im from like -40(nwo) he be leafing after season over lol.
SFour
RealGM
And1: 58,421

Post#144 » by SFour » Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:18 am

like Kawhi has said multiple times already, yes it's cold during the winter but all you have to do is put on a coat.
XxIronChainzxX
RealGM
And1: 7,659

Post#145 » by XxIronChainzxX » Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:45 pm

LoveMyRaps wrote:
Scott Hall wrote:The Cold makes you tougher

people that complain about the cold just don't know how to dress up for the weather

I know how to dress up for the weather just fine. The cold still sucks, as does walking/driving through slush and snow. It's all a pain. And I'm someone who lives winter activities like skiing.
lin is ok
Bench Warmer
And1: 160

Post#146 » by lin is ok » Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:49 pm

SFour wrote:like Kawhi has said multiple times already, yes it's cold during the winter but all you have to do is put on a coat.

The cold is good for muscle recovery. free Cryotherapy
And1+2
Head Coach
And1: 10,407

Post#147 » by And1+2 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:57 pm

HokutoNoCamera
Senior
And1: 419

Post#148 » by HokutoNoCamera » Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:04 pm

Meeksology wrote:
HokutoNoCamera wrote:The more this comes up the more it frustrates me.

Is it really newsworthy to state that one has to put on boots and coat to go outside. Is this for real. Some retired basketball players must cringe when they hear this stuff.

Hell, I'll take Kawhi's contract and go play in Alaska if they had a team.

Kawhi is a great baller but he sure is a
b!tch.

Sent from my SM-G960W using RealGM mobile app
How does this make kawhi a bitch? U really need to calm down

Sent from my SM-N950W using RealGM mobile app
Yah. I was heated up there I'll admit and didn't need to be do harsh. I'm glad Kawhi is here and he's going great things with our team but I work in film and we routinely work outside, all hours of the night in the worst weather do hear a millionaire conplin about the cold on his days off irks me a bit.

Still...go Raps!

Sent from my SM-G960W using RealGM mobile app
___________________Image
JackedFinancier
Starter
And1: 3,902

Post#149 » by JackedFinancier » Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:21 pm

Might as well throw the worst winter in decades at Kawhi to test his resilience - if he re-signs - isn't that telling?
StopitLeo
RealGM
And1: 6,605

Post#150 » by StopitLeo » Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:52 pm

People act as if he has never seen winter before. Like New York and Chicago can't get nasty cold as well. And it's not like he's living outdoors or working outdoors. Smh at hese reporters.

The worst parts of winter to me are shoveling snow, dealing with your car (snow times, brushing and scraping, needing to warm it up for comfort), and other pain in the butt things that someone like Kawhi wouldn't have to deal with. A coat, boots, and toque for when he gets in and out of vehicles going in and out of buildings? Come on, nobody is that delicate.

When he said the snow can be beautiful, that's totally his kid(s). All kids love to play in the snow.
GordanFreeman
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,165

Post#151 » by GordanFreeman » Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:58 pm

ac1011990 wrote:
J-Roc wrote:At 4:00min, he says he hasn't eaten at a restaurant in Toronto yet?

https://twitter.com/i/broadcasts/1YpKkVVgEemxj

People have seen him at restaurants in Toronto, there are pics of him. Im pretty sure he doesn't want to go into where he likes eating. Dont think hes into those kinds of questions. Probably thought it was easier to just say he doesn't go out lol

You can please post said pics? It'll help ease my worries.
GordanFreeman
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,165

Post#152 » by GordanFreeman » Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:00 pm

Lucky 24 wrote:
neurotik wrote:
Lucky 24 wrote:
Then leave if you don't like it LOL. There are many more people lining up to gladly take your spot in one of the top cities in the world.

Move to the middle east, Africa, south america or South Asia and I'm sure you will be much happier...as you know those countries always rank near the top of living quality. /Sarcasm

Lol Easy there buddy. No need to get so defensive. There is nothing wrong with someone having a different opinion than you on a subject as trivial as the weather in Toronto.

Ironic how something as trivial as weather can make you feel like you can't go outside for a walk in February when thousands of us do it every day. It's a bit ridiculous, no?

Lots of people even go out jogging in cold weather, yet you can't muster up the energy to go out because it's a bit cold out? I just find it interesting about how people whine on about cold weather to the point they find it adds to a miserable life they have. If warm weather really means that much to your general happiness you should really consider pursuing it. That's all I'm saying.

Sheesh you're being way too defensive bruh.
Double Helix
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 28,754

Post#153 » by Double Helix » Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:25 pm

They key to harmony in Toronto? Serge Ibaka?

Read on Twitter
Inklink
RealGM
And1: 19,214

Post#154 » by Inklink » Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:00 pm

StopitLeo wrote: Come on, nobody is that delicate.

We are talking about NBA players though.
For lease.
Boardbreaker
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,877

Post#155 » by Boardbreaker » Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:17 pm

Double Helix wrote:They key to harmony in Toronto? Serge Ibaka?

Read on Twitter

I'm surprised there haven't been any comments regarding Kawhi and Lowry not sitting together last night.
JackedFinancier
Starter

Post#156 » by JackedFinancier » Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:38 pm

Boardbreaker wrote:

Read on Twitter

I'm surprised there haven't been any comments regarding Kawhi and Lowry not sitting together last night.

I really dont think its a big deal. You saw them laughing it up the game against Atlanta.

Who was Kawhi sitting with?
And1Skip
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,743

Post#157 » by And1Skip » Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:43 pm

JackedFinancier wrote:
Boardbreaker wrote:

I really dont think its a big deal. You saw them laughing it up the game against Atlanta.

As from the clip of Kawhi getting the ATV gift from NB in the parking garage, and another pic of Kawhi watching the festivities not amused, he's with his family..wife, daughter, other relatives. I don't think its a big deal. More like difficult for the NBA to assist with all these requests to bring each players and their families together and sit beside each other.
JackedFinancier
Starter

Post#158 » by JackedFinancier » Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:52 pm

And1Skip wrote:
JackedFinancier wrote:
Boardbreaker wrote:

As from the clip of Kawhi getting the ATV gift from NB in the parking garage, and another pic of Kawhi watching the festivities not amused, he's with his family..wife, daughter, other relatives. I don't think its a big deal. More like difficult for the NBA to assist with all these requests to bring each players and their families together and sit beside each other.

Yeah that's cool. Man - it's such a mystery where Kawhi is going to go. It's almost more exciting than the upcoming playoff run. I genuinely think its 50/50 based on the fact that he's kept so silent - but I also see slight nuances that show he likes playing for the Raptors. However then he goes and buys a mansion in Rancho Santa Fe - which kind of is meaningless since its 2 hours south of LA - but then again could be considered still potentially telling. I personally dont think its indicative of his desire to play for the Lakers or Clippers - maybe long term yes but in the end maybe he's still willing to sign with TO to get that max and give this roster a shot at a title.
Johnny Bball
RealGM
And1: 48,658

Post#159 » by Johnny Bball » Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:01 pm

Good thing the decision is made in summer when it's warm.
Boardbreaker
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,877

Post#160 » by Boardbreaker » Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:09 pm

JackedFinancier wrote:
Boardbreaker wrote:

Read on Twitter

Oh yeah that was tongue in cheek, I should have clarified that in green font.

From what I recall kawhi was behind Westbrook and pg and Lowry was over in the front row next to Blake.

Return to Toronto Raptors