ImageImageImageImageImage

2018-19 Season - Trades & FA Ideas Thread II

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

sogood
Analyst
And1: 5,096

Re: 2018-19 Season - Trades & FA Ideas Thread II 

Post#121 » by sogood » Wed May 15, 2019 9:19 pm

yungmasaiah wrote:Just an Idea, could happen probably not though.

Kyle Lowry for Lakers 4th ovr pick

draft Morant/Barrett/Hunter in that order based on availability. If Barrett or Hunter picked move them to SG

Offer Serge Ibaka for either the Nets 16th pick or Pacers 18th pick + cap filler. Draft Rui Hachimura

Saves a lot in cap and gets younger. If we don't have to take any contracts back which is extremely unlikely we could go after a top FA.

lmao why the hell would Lakers do that?

Not only are they trading the 4th pick for a declining point guard, they just destroyed their cap space with this trade.
Raptors_128
Analyst
And1: 3,275

Post#122 » by Raptors_128 » Thu May 16, 2019 12:24 am

Psubs wrote:
Raptors_128 wrote:
deeps6x wrote:Man, it would be amazing if we could rent AD for one year in exchange for Ibaka, OG and a future first.

AD is going to the Lakers. No one else is willing to offer anything close to what the Lakers will/can offer. Man even when the Lakers lose, they still win. They get clowned for failing to reach the playoffs and now they have the 4th pick.

Ingram + Lonzo + Kuzma + Hart + 4th is better than anything else out there unless Ben Simmons is available.

0. Simmons + Smith + 24th
1. Ingram + Lonzo + Kuzma + Hart + 4th
2. Tatum + Brown + Smart + Memphis 2020 1st + 14th + 20th
3. Markkanen + Dunn + 7th + 2021 Chicago 1st
4. Siakam + OG + FVV + Norm + 2021 Raps 1st
5. Murray + MPJ + Barton + 2021 Denver 1st
6. DSJ + Knox + Robinson + Ntilikina + 3rd + 2021 unprotected Dallas 1st
7. Jackson + Warren + Bridges + 6th + 2021 Suns 1st + 2020 Bucks 1st
8. Nurkic + Collins + 25th + 2021 Portland 1st.
9. Richardson + Winslow + Adebayo + 13th

25. SGA + Shamet + Robinson + Harrell + 2020 Clippers 1st + 2021 Unprotected Miami 1st (**** the Clippers)

I really like the Knicks package.

6. DSJ + Knox + Robinson + Ntilikina + 3rd + 2021 unprotected Dallas 1st + Lance Thomas (expiring filler)

Pairs Zion and RJ Barrett again!

PG Jrue - Ntilikina
SG RJ - DSJr - Moore
SF Zion - RJ
PF Randle - Knox - Zion
C Robinson - Okafor

Hmmm, would Washington dump Wall? Ntilikina, Moore, Thomas, Hill and rights to Stanley Johnson? When Wall's contract ends that money would go to Zion and RJ.

PG Jrue - DSJr - Jackson
SG Wall - DSJr
SF RJ - Zion
PF Zion - Randle - Knox
C Robinson - Okafor

I'm not high on any of the Knicks players. Only the 3rd pick (RJ or Ja) interests me and the Dallas pick is not going to be a good pick, it will be at best an end of lottery pick.

Pelicans can't be petty, they need to take the best package available. The Lakers package is an instant retool. You can even win-now. Trade the 4th + Lonzo for Beal. Jrue/Beal/Ingram/Zion + maybe sign Vucevic. That's a squad.

Only rebuilding teams or mediocre capped-out teams will take a chance on Wall. I don't think the Pelicans will.
Rapsfan07
RealGM
And1: 5,468

Post#123 » by Rapsfan07 » Thu May 16, 2019 8:26 pm

Raptors_128 wrote:
Psubs wrote:
Raptors_128 wrote:
AD is going to the Lakers. No one else is willing to offer anything close to what the Lakers will/can offer. Man even when the Lakers lose, they still win. They get clowned for failing to reach the playoffs and now they have the 4th pick.

Ingram + Lonzo + Kuzma + Hart + 4th is better than anything else out there unless Ben Simmons is available.

0. Simmons + Smith + 24th
1. Ingram + Lonzo + Kuzma + Hart + 4th
2. Tatum + Brown + Smart + Memphis 2020 1st + 14th + 20th
3. Markkanen + Dunn + 7th + 2021 Chicago 1st
4. Siakam + OG + FVV + Norm + 2021 Raps 1st
5. Murray + MPJ + Barton + 2021 Denver 1st
6. DSJ + Knox + Robinson + Ntilikina + 3rd + 2021 unprotected Dallas 1st
7. Jackson + Warren + Bridges + 6th + 2021 Suns 1st + 2020 Bucks 1st
8. Nurkic + Collins + 25th + 2021 Portland 1st.
9. Richardson + Winslow + Adebayo + 13th

25. SGA + Shamet + Robinson + Harrell + 2020 Clippers 1st + 2021 Unprotected Miami 1st (**** the Clippers)

I really like the Knicks package.

6. DSJ + Knox + Robinson + Ntilikina + 3rd + 2021 unprotected Dallas 1st + Lance Thomas (expiring filler)

Pairs Zion and RJ Barrett again!

PG Jrue - Ntilikina
SG RJ - DSJr - Moore
SF Zion - RJ
PF Randle - Knox - Zion
C Robinson - Okafor

Hmmm, would Washington dump Wall? Ntilikina, Moore, Thomas, Hill and rights to Stanley Johnson? When Wall's contract ends that money would go to Zion and RJ.

PG Jrue - DSJr - Jackson
SG Wall - DSJr
SF RJ - Zion
PF Zion - Randle - Knox
C Robinson - Okafor

I'm not high on any of the Knicks players. Only the 3rd pick (RJ or Ja) interests me and the Dallas pick is not going to be a good pick, it will be at best an end of lottery pick.

Pelicans can't be petty, they need to take the best package available. The Lakers package is an instant retool. You can even win-now. Trade the 4th + Lonzo for Beal. Jrue/Beal/Ingram/Zion + maybe sign Vucevic. That's a squad.

Only rebuilding teams or mediocre capped-out teams will take a chance on Wall. I don't think the Pelicans will.

If Phoenix can't get Rozier this summer, I could see them taking a chance on Wall.
gerrit4
Head Coach
And1: 3,197

Post#124 » by gerrit4 » Fri May 17, 2019 1:33 pm

sogood wrote:

draft Morant/Barrett/Hunter in that order based on availability. If Barrett or Hunter picked move them to SG

Offer Serge Ibaka for either the Nets 16th pick or Pacers 18th pick + cap filler. Draft Rui Hachimura

Saves a lot in cap and gets younger. If we don't have to take any contracts back which is extremely unlikely we could go after a top FA.

Not only are they trading the 4th pick for a declining point guard, they just destroyed their cap space with this trade.

Right, that's insane. If we do decide to go a different direction next year (and I don't think we will), I think he's got a bit of trade value as a good player on a (high expiring deal) - there's a chance you find a team in need of a PG who can match the salary and give up a little something. But we aren't getting a top 5 pick for him.

My guess is that if Kawhi leaves, we re-sign Danny to a fat one year deal, make a few small moves and have a team that will clearly win 45-50 games unless we get lucky with another Siakam, or unlucky. After that, Ibaka, Gasol, Fred and Kyle all expire, and we have a bit of a clean slate to start over.
navyblue
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,614

Post#125 » by navyblue » Fri May 17, 2019 2:36 pm

gerrit4 wrote:
sogood wrote:

Right, that's insane. If we do decide to go a different direction next year (and I don't think we will), I think he's got a bit of trade value as a good player on a (high expiring deal) - there's a chance you find a team in need of a PG who can match the salary and give up a little something. But we aren't getting a top 5 pick for him.

My guess is that if Kawhi leaves, we re-sign Danny to a fat one year deal, make a few small moves and have a team that will clearly win 45-50 games unless we get lucky with another Siakam, or unlucky. After that, Ibaka, Gasol, Fred and Kyle all expire, and we have a bit of a clean slate to start over.

look at the teams that were/are interested in conely and see if they are interested in a cheaper (value wise not contract) player in lowry.
utah, indy.

add teams that can use a stop gap pg but want to maintain future cap flexi. Chi, det, suns

-lowry to jazz for favors, crowder(or korver who is thinking of retiring to get out of tax) and a 1st rounder.
- pacers dont have salary balast anymore, so unless they want to use cap space and give up a first rounder i think they are out.
- chi with dunn being the main piece, parallels to when we got lowry. would be going on his 3rd team, near end of rookie contract. like lowry was when we got him, bulldog defensively but needs to improve his PG play.
- pistons reggie jackson + 15th pick.
- suns (fi they dont get a pg in draft), tyler johnson, josh jackson, and a future 1st rounder(like the bucks one they own)

imo the market for lowry is package of salary filler, a failed prospect looking for 2nd chance/lowend prospect, and a lateish first rounder.
UneducatedFan86
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,590

Post#126 » by UneducatedFan86 » Fri May 17, 2019 4:37 pm

If the rumors that the Lakers are interested in Lowry, then you have to do it; even if Kawhi doesn't leave the Raptors.

You will gain some cap relief and a few assets (pick + Ingram or Ball) for an expiring contract. You maintain most of your cap flexibility for 2020 and show Kawhi you are invested for long-term stability.
Kinger95
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,730

Post#127 » by Kinger95 » Fri May 17, 2019 5:25 pm

If this whole laker and Lowry report is true I guess you go to kawhi and ask him if he wants Kyle here or not. Pretty tough to make a move before July 1st when we know what kawhis plans are.
sogood
Analyst
And1: 5,096

Post#128 » by sogood » Fri May 17, 2019 5:29 pm

UneducatedFan86 wrote:If the rumors that the Lakers are interested in Lowry, then you have to do it; even if Kawhi doesn't leave the Raptors.

You will gain some cap relief and a few assets (pick + Ingram or Ball) for an expiring contract. You maintain most of your cap flexibility for 2020 and show Kawhi you are invested for long-term stability.

Lmao you don't seriously believe Lowry will actually get those assets back do you? Imo the report if BS but if true, it would be a straight salary dump. No one is giving any significant assets for a declining point guard with a expiring contract.
justanotherdude
Ballboy
And1: 19

Post#129 » by justanotherdude » Fri May 17, 2019 9:59 pm

Before Kawhi re-sign he gotta ask FO what their plan is, this bench is **** garbage and we have aging starters with Gasol, Lowry and Green. Kawhi will be 28 by next season, and will still be in his prime for another 2-3 years perhaps. FO needs to get rid of the entire garbage bench and look for players that is not going to choke under pressure.
UneducatedFan86
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,590

Post#130 » by UneducatedFan86 » Sat May 18, 2019 12:19 am

sogood wrote:
UneducatedFan86 wrote:If the rumors that the Lakers are interested in Lowry, then you have to do it; even if Kawhi doesn't leave the Raptors.

Lmao you don't seriously believe Lowry will actually get those assets back do you? Imo the report if BS but if true, it would be a straight salary dump. No one is giving any significant assets for a declining point guard with a expiring contract.

For Ingram probably not. But Ball is probably very attainable. Lowry might be declining but he is still a great option for a team that needs shooting, very good defense, is expecting more a 3rd or 4th option, and can't afford not to put a contending team together.

Ball has potential but his shot is super suspect and he comes with a lot of baggage (Papa Ball). The Lakers cannot afford to waste another year of LeBron. So you're either building a contender or you're looking to rebuild (again).

Also, just for clarification, I'm not saying the 4th pick or anything. Just a future first/non-lottery pick.
nabbs
RealGM
And1: 19,365

Post#131 » by nabbs » Sat May 18, 2019 4:24 am

Alright so I can't find a trade partner for Gasol without giving up a pick buttttt Fred and Norm for Bazemore and Prince. Ibaka and two seconds for Richardson/Olynyk. Those two trades leave us here. Taxpayer MLE on Jamychal Green. We still have Miller and Boucher

Kyle/Richardson
Danny/Bazemore
Kawhi/OG
Siakam/Green
Gasol/Olynyk

2018 My Top Guys (no particular order): Doncic, JJJ, Zhaire Smith, Miles Bridges, Knox, Wendell, Bamba, Ayton, Sexton, Brown, Huerter, Okogie, Svi,
BoyzNTheHood
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,751

Post#132 » by BoyzNTheHood » Sat May 18, 2019 5:46 am

Question:

If Kawhi decides to sign elsewhere are we still able to sign and trade? I ask because that 4th pick looks juicy.
deeps6x wrote:I guarantee you that (Jaylen) Brown and (Kris) Dunn are drafted OUT of the top 5.
OAKLEY_2
RealGM
And1: 8,905

Post#133 » by OAKLEY_2 » Sun May 19, 2019 12:56 am

BoyzNTheHood wrote:Question:

If Kawhi decides to sign elsewhere are we still able to sign and trade? I ask because that 4th pick looks juicy.

No. Rules have changed. We cannot add the 50 and flip him. He either takes the extra 50 with us or goes home minus 50.

We will not know his intentions until around June 30 unless he gives Masai the earlier heads up which means the draft might give us some clues. Masai could trade for bad deals and extract picks. I am thinking Wall, Wiggins, Batum or Love type deals. We would have no problem matching those deals with expirings. That way we have serviceable players if Kawhi stays or we have picks for retrofitting. Lowry and Serge would be the trade bait. Masai has to actually like players in this draft to deal for picks but teams might be more motivated because of lack of quality in this draft.
Whole Truth
Head Coach
And1: 3,687

Post#134 » by Whole Truth » Sun May 19, 2019 1:46 pm

sogood wrote:

I suggested something similar from Memphis around Conley, Don't think they will give up the 4th pick but Ball could be in play. Lebron has a small 3yrs window where LA can't afford to develop any picks. Their primary trade targets rumored are Beal, Davis & I think Love could & should be as well.

Ball is a good defender but he can't shoot. Both Conley & Lowry give LA an upgrade in a PG that can help Lebron space the floor. Conley has 2 yrs so Raptors will have competition, Masai maybe looking solely for cap space which will give LA an alternative to giving up value for Conley.

Reason why, Lakers have no large salaries outside of Lebron, their cap is structured for 2 max contracts. They have no choice but to absorb salary in trade if they want the upgrade if Irving goes to NY with Durant as rumored. Which brings to the second point, losing out on the A list of FA targets like Durant & Kyrie. It's possible NO's & Washington look to keep Beal & Davis leaving the likes of Loxe, Lowry or Conley as B options for building around Lebron's 3yr window where desperation sets in.

If Raptors want a top 10 pick, if Suns strike out on Morant & Garland for their PG draft option. They want a defensive playmaking guard next to Booker where Ball could make sense to be flipped for the 6th pick.
Cool-Hand-Luke
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,530

Post#135 » by Cool-Hand-Luke » Sun May 19, 2019 2:17 pm

I’m not really surprised we are down 0-2. They’ve played 9 games and we’ve played 12 in the same amount of days. They are younger and have a deeper bench. Let’s hope we come out with some poise and resiliency tonight. The season is on the line folks! Nostradamus predicts a Raptors win tonight.
sig by TZ
nabbs
RealGM

Post#136 » by nabbs » Sun May 19, 2019 2:29 pm

Enough Lowry trade proposals. The only way we are trading him is if Kawhi leaves. Kyle, in the even Kawhi leaves, will likely be transitioned to strictly a floor general role in the offseason as opposed to half way through the season. Knowing now definitively that Kyle really cannot be relied upon to score, Masai will address offensive production at other positions:

Potential cheap upgrades:

- Jeremy Lamb
- TJ Warren
- Mike Scott
- ROdney Hood
- Kent Bazemore

2018 My Top Guys (no particular order): Doncic, JJJ, Zhaire Smith, Miles Bridges, Knox, Wendell, Bamba, Ayton, Sexton, Brown, Huerter, Okogie, Svi,
nabbs
RealGM

Post#137 » by nabbs » Sun May 19, 2019 5:06 pm

Would the Hornets do Zeller and Monk for Gasol?

Hornets can't get off of Batum and need cap relief ASAP. Hernangomez should be getting the bulk of the backup minutes and Gasol + Biz equates to about $41 million off the books in 2020

Red_Claw
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,646

Post#138 » by Red_Claw » Sun May 19, 2019 5:13 pm

Lowry to Lakers
for
Lonzo + Capspace

Lonzo + Serge + OG
For
Jrue Holliday + Etwuan Moore

Holliday/Moore
Powell/FVV
Kawhi
Pascal/Boucher
Gasol

Need to still trade Gasol then add some bench depth which could be easier than its ever been now that we would have Kawhi and Holliday. Would be fine with sending Gasol back to Memphis so he can end his career there.
Altern8
Sophomore
And1: 157

Post#139 » by Altern8 » Sun May 19, 2019 6:57 pm

Openly supporting any means by which the roster could be strip mined (save for Leonard and Siakam) for the following:

Daniel Gafford (University of Arkansas)

Matisse Thybulle (University of Washington)

Spencer Dinwiddie

Taller, more athletic - w/ Leonard hopefully guiding as the elder statesman.
OAKLEY_2
RealGM
And1: 8,905

Post#140 » by OAKLEY_2 » Sun May 19, 2019 7:02 pm

A deal for Lowry I would consider. KL and OG for Tristan, Clarkson and the #26 pick.

Return to Toronto Raptors