ImageImageImageImageImage

2018-19 Season - Trades & FA Ideas Thread II

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

HeadtopChunes
Head Coach
And1: 10,224

Re: 2018-19 Season - Trades & FA Ideas Thread II 

Post#181 » by HeadtopChunes » Tue May 21, 2019 11:47 pm

nabbs wrote:
PhilBlackson wrote:
nabbs wrote:Took my trade ideas to the some of the analytics community on twitter who have done consulting work to build evaluations tools and models for front offices around the league. The consensus are these trades are the most realistic to get done:

- Kevin Love for Fred, Norm and a protected first (allows to keep Ibaka's expiring in the bag)
- Ibaka for Favors
- Fred and Norm for Prince and Bazemore
- Gasol for Adams

Of those I really like the one for Prince and Bazemore the most (if Kawhi is retained, not a fan of any if he leaves).

Because we could certainly use some depth on the wings with some guys that can defend and knock down shots.

Not a big fan of adding Adams, he's an expensive hustle C with little offensive game that eats too much cap, just hell no to Love, he disappears for long stretches, seems to be getting injured more and more will be on the wrong side of 31 with a big contract that's not worth his production nvm a bad defender that will only get worse.

I don't mind Favors, eats up a bit of cap himself but at least he's in the right age bracket and can be used as a back up C that can score and defend, I'm sure Utah would want us to attach some 2nd rdrs at minimum too.

Lowry/???
Danny/Bazemore
Kawhi/OG/Prince
Siakam/Prince/Favors
Gasol/Favors

Is pretty damn deep (minus PG obv) and I think would be hella tough but I'd be tempted to package a couple pieces + pick(s) to try and add that legit 2nd option that Kawhi and this team really needs to get to the next level imo. But I do think that would help close the gap with MIL if we actually had a few more pieces that would could count on.

A PG can be had on the FA market or we transition Lloyd in to a backup over the offseason. See I don't think any second options will be available and the ones that our will have obscene asking prices. i just can't see it but trades we never expect happen all the time. Here' s another I thought of:

Gasol, FVV for Shump, Gordon and Nene

So this would have to take place before or on the draft given Iman's expiring iirc. Houston needs upgrades defensively and are in cap HELL. There is no conceivable way for them to get out of repeater tax without trading one of Capela/Eric Gordon. Now you could argue Eric Gordon could probably yield better offers but how many give Houston what they truly need above defensive upgrades in 34 million in expiring next year? FVV is tough defensively and can play off ball to CP3 in non harden lineups and imagine Gasol in Houston's system. He makes up for Capela's weaknesses

Dont see Houston doing that

and I dont see why we would be trading Gasol. Hes a pretty good fit here if anything Ibaka is much more likely to be moved
OAKLEY_2
RealGM
And1: 8,889

Post#182 » by OAKLEY_2 » Wed May 22, 2019 12:16 am

BowlRips wrote:
KawhiRaptors wrote:I do Pascal for #3 and DSJ

I think Dgreen is getting old, RJ will be a star and DSJ will replace FVV. Ibaka to start

Was thinking about this a little bit.

Frank Ntilikina
RJ Barrett

for

Pascal Siakim
OG Anunoby

For knicks they shave about $8mil off the payroll and get a player in Siakim that would fit very nicely next to Durant
For toronto if Kawhi leaves they get the best Canadian prospect ever to build around

Knicks won't trade the big pick with a big ? of whether they could be elite especially when they also have cap space to finally sign somebody of note.
OAKLEY_2
RealGM
And1: 8,889

Post#183 » by OAKLEY_2 » Wed May 22, 2019 12:17 am

HeadtopChunes wrote:
nabbs wrote:
PhilBlackson wrote:
Of those I really like the one for Prince and Bazemore the most (if Kawhi is retained, not a fan of any if he leaves).

Because we could certainly use some depth on the wings with some guys that can defend and knock down shots.

Not a big fan of adding Adams, he's an expensive hustle C with little offensive game that eats too much cap, just hell no to Love, he disappears for long stretches, seems to be getting injured more and more will be on the wrong side of 31 with a big contract that's not worth his production nvm a bad defender that will only get worse.

I don't mind Favors, eats up a bit of cap himself but at least he's in the right age bracket and can be used as a back up C that can score and defend, I'm sure Utah would want us to attach some 2nd rdrs at minimum too.

Lowry/???
Danny/Bazemore
Kawhi/OG/Prince
Siakam/Prince/Favors
Gasol/Favors

Is pretty damn deep (minus PG obv) and I think would be hella tough but I'd be tempted to package a couple pieces + pick(s) to try and add that legit 2nd option that Kawhi and this team really needs to get to the next level imo. But I do think that would help close the gap with MIL if we actually had a few more pieces that would could count on.

A PG can be had on the FA market or we transition Lloyd in to a backup over the offseason. See I don't think any second options will be available and the ones that our will have obscene asking prices. i just can't see it but trades we never expect happen all the time. Here' s another I thought of:

Gasol, FVV for Shump, Gordon and Nene

So this would have to take place before or on the draft given Iman's expiring iirc. Houston needs upgrades defensively and are in cap HELL. There is no conceivable way for them to get out of repeater tax without trading one of Capela/Eric Gordon. Now you could argue Eric Gordon could probably yield better offers but how many give Houston what they truly need above defensive upgrades in 34 million in expiring next year? FVV is tough defensively and can play off ball to CP3 in non harden lineups and imagine Gasol in Houston's system. He makes up for Capela's weaknesses

Dont see Houston doing that

and I dont see why we would be trading Gasol. Hes a pretty good fit here if anything Ibaka is much more likely to be moved

Yes because Marc opts in @ 24/.
Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,187

Post#184 » by Mr Swagtastic » Wed May 22, 2019 1:08 am

nabbs wrote:- Serge Ibaka for Derrick Favors
- Fred, Norm, second for Prince and Bazemore
- Fred, Ibaka and Protected First for Kevin Love
- Gasol's expiring for Cody Zeller and Malik Monk
- Saric, Dieng and a 2nd for Serge Ibaka
- JJ, Olynyk, 2 seconds for Serge and FVV

All trades I came up with off the top of my head (assuming Kawhi and Green stay). These are smaller moves that still preserve most of our draft capital and all of our prospects in OG and SIakam going forward but they act to fill out our depth. The Love trade is the only starting 5 upgrade

The Favors deal is one I think Toronto should look at idk if Utah does it though

I love that Atlanta deal as Bazemore is a bulldog type of defender and can be a decent third or fourth option. I really like Prince as well he can play both forward spots and shoot the three well. Both guys fill out the roster well and don't add a ton of future cap

I walk away from The Cavs deal, Kevin Love is crap, he can't play defense, can't stay healthy, can't run with a fast team. He's basically a guy who's a catch and shoot guy getting paid superstar money. I wouldn't give up an first for him

The Gasol to Charlotte move does really nothing, Monk is excess here I don't see where his minutes are coming from? Powell is ahead of him on my depth chart. Zeller is not a good defender compared to Gasol and no where near as impactful.

The last two we get bad contracts back in James Johnson and Dieng respectively which are bad going forward. Saric isn't worth taking on Dieng for two expiring deals. Olynik isn't worth it as well
Lord Leoshes wrote:i personally would rather keep Chalmers over Lowry
RaptorsNorth
RealGM
And1: 13,757

Post#185 » by RaptorsNorth » Wed May 22, 2019 1:10 am

Adam is drunk
“Elephant in the room : Nick Thibodeau” Board member seanbig :lol: :lol: :lol:

"THEY'RE SAYING US AND GOLDEN STATE ARE THE SUPER TEAMS" Knicks PG Derrick Rose :lol:
RaptorsNorth
RealGM

Post#186 » by RaptorsNorth » Wed May 22, 2019 1:16 am

Man Pasal gives up a lot of OG type dumb fouls

"THEY'RE SAYING US AND GOLDEN STATE ARE THE SUPER TEAMS" Knicks PG Derrick Rose :lol:
RaptorsNorth
RealGM

Post#187 » by RaptorsNorth » Wed May 22, 2019 1:21 am

How is that not a foul smh

RaptorsNorth
RealGM

Post#188 » by RaptorsNorth » Wed May 22, 2019 1:24 am

Adam showed up to make sure to refs do their job to get the raps outta here

nabbs
RealGM
And1: 19,365

Post#189 » by nabbs » Wed May 22, 2019 3:11 am

Mr Swagtastic wrote:

All trades I came up with off the top of my head (assuming Kawhi and Green stay). These are smaller moves that still preserve most of our draft capital and all of our prospects in OG and SIakam going forward but they act to fill out our depth. The Love trade is the only starting 5 upgrade

The Favors deal is one I think Toronto should look at idk if Utah does it though

I love that Atlanta deal as Bazemore is a bulldog type of defender and can be a decent third or fourth option. I really like Prince as well he can play both forward spots and shoot the three well. Both guys fill out the roster well and don't add a ton of future cap

I walk away from The Cavs deal, Kevin Love is crap, he can't play defense, can't stay healthy, can't run with a fast team. He's basically a guy who's a catch and shoot guy getting paid superstar money. I wouldn't give up an first for him

The Gasol to Charlotte move does really nothing, Monk is excess here I don't see where his minutes are coming from? Powell is ahead of him on my depth chart. Zeller is not a good defender compared to Gasol and no where near as impactful.

The last two we get bad contracts back in James Johnson and Dieng respectively which are bad going forward. Saric isn't worth taking on Dieng for two expiring deals. Olynik isn't worth it as well

Yeah I just wanted to provide as many options as I could come up with. Didn't think too long. Utah and Atlanta are my favorite options tbh. They aren't a second/third star or any top heavy improvements but if we could turn Fred, Norm and Ibaka in to Favors, Prince and Bazemore. That gives us so much size and versatility

2018 My Top Guys (no particular order): Doncic, JJJ, Zhaire Smith, Miles Bridges, Knox, Wendell, Bamba, Ayton, Sexton, Brown, Huerter, Okogie, Svi,
Rapsfan07
RealGM
And1: 5,436

Post#190 » by Rapsfan07 » Wed May 22, 2019 9:06 pm

Mr Swagtastic wrote:

I probably don't do Ibaka for Favors unless Kawhi doesn't come back. IIRC, both guys are expiring at the same time so if we're trying to compete on more year, I rather keep the guy that can shoot.

Fred, Powell and a second for Prince and Bazemore is a steal IMO. I'd do that without a second thought. We'd be in desperate need of a PG though but now that we'd have Prince, we could probably dangle OG for one. I like Kris Dunn and think he could be Lowry 2.0
PhilBlackson
RealGM
And1: 42,284

Post#191 » by PhilBlackson » Wed May 22, 2019 9:48 pm

If Kawhi comes back then I go back to my stance that I did from the beginning of the season the priority in trades is NOT DEPTH.

It's getting Kawhi a RELIABLE 2nd option (period).

The Playoffs have been a gleaming example of why exactly THAT is most important. Everything in Kawhi's bball life could change if we just get him that go to guy. Don't tell me it's Pascal because the better teams in our conference EXPOSED that he's simply not there yet in his development and we can't just assume that he will get there because what he's missing is a mid-range game and pull up jumper --- he wasn't even confident to take an open one if there was length around.

I'm not sure who exactly would be available that fits that bill, we were hopeful it was Butler, PHI acted, then Beal and the Wiz wanted to more than what makes sense for us to act. IMO we almost need to spot a "Oladipo", "D'Angelo Russell" type of player who's just not shinning for whatever reason or situation but has the raw talent that it can be brought out of him so that we're not forced to fill one gap only to leave another crack in the foundation (ie/ trade Pascal in a package to get Beal).

However imo one that may work with the rumor that the Lakers may be interested in Lowry is to trade him (and maybe OG if needed) in a package that brings back Brandon Ingram. To me THAT kid, has "Dipo", "Russell" type of talent (if not greater imo) written all over him. I believe he could become a legit 2nd option. He's incredibly skilled and the great thing is the Lakers tested him as a "point forward" and he shinned which also helps when losing a (aging) PG like Kyle but he was also successful as a SG when they had Bron and Kuz on the floor with him. Suddenly we have ridiculous length on the wings that can switch nearly everything and a guy that Kawhi can rely on and will only get better (I love OG as you can see with the sig but he'll never be that). For now that's the best lowkey option that MIGHT be available but that's all dependent on if there was any truth to the rumors. Should be noted that there was wind going around that Brandon and his camp have wanted out since being made available in the AD sweepstakes, the health concern may have somewhat compressed his value and the Lakers are an incompetent bunch....maybe a perfect recipe for us; just saying.
>>>SCOTTIEALLSTARSEASON<<< -- U KNOW THE VIBEZ :guitar: Club Shai Shai GA
Taking names of who OG will be better than Shaedon: DelAbbott, ThaCynic, pingpongrac, Los_29, OakleyDokley
nabbs
RealGM

Post#192 » by nabbs » Wed May 22, 2019 9:49 pm

Rapsfan07 wrote:
Mr Swagtastic wrote:

I probably don't do Ibaka for Favors unless Kawhi doesn't come back. IIRC, both guys are expiring at the same time so if we're trying to compete on more year, I rather keep the guy that can shoot.

Fred, Powell and a second for Prince and Bazemore is a steal IMO. I'd do that without a second thought. We'd be in desperate need of a PG though but now that we'd have Prince, we could probably dangle OG for one. I like Kris Dunn and think he could be Lowry 2.0

Dunn could definitely be had for cheap and Fred gives Atlanta a reliable backup and probably the top 2-3 best backup PGs in the league. Sets them up to make the playoffs, bolsters their depth and gives them playoff tested players. I actually would love to keep OG because Bazemore/Prince/OG at our 3/4/5 is incredibly switchable and dynamic. Assuming OG improves the consistency of his three point shot that's three guys capable of knocking down an open three and defending. A follow up trade would be to trade for Kris Dunn and maybe sign a backup big like Rolo, Ed Davis, Dedmon and all of a sudden

Kyle/Dunn
Green/Bazemore
Kawhi/Prince
Siakam/OG
Gasol/Davis

Shooting wouldn't be elite but that's a lot of size and a lot of versatility

2018 My Top Guys (no particular order): Doncic, JJJ, Zhaire Smith, Miles Bridges, Knox, Wendell, Bamba, Ayton, Sexton, Brown, Huerter, Okogie, Svi,
YelloC
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,489

Post#193 » by YelloC » Thu May 23, 2019 4:42 am

I wonder if Taj Gibson would take a 1 year deal to play on a contender?
He would fit this team's defence perfectly.
Raptorfan2012
Head Coach
And1: 4,260

Post#194 » by Raptorfan2012 » Thu May 23, 2019 1:21 pm

https://www.spotrac.com/nba/free-agents/power-forward/

I think Raptors could really use a back up PF who can shoot and grab a couple of rebounds (assuming Kawhi and Danny re-sign, and Masai and Bobby roll with the same roster for one more season). I would see if Bobby Portis can be had; even if he is an RFA, not sure if the Bulls want to keep him. Alternatively, I would also make a call to JayM. Green or Al-Farouq Aminu to see if they want to join us with the MLE.
HeadtopChunes
Head Coach
And1: 10,224

Post#195 » by HeadtopChunes » Thu May 23, 2019 2:03 pm

I wonder if it be worth taking a shot at Markell’s Fultz or if Orlando would move him for peanuts
OskarTheGroucho
Sophomore
And1: 208

Post#196 » by OskarTheGroucho » Fri May 24, 2019 8:17 pm

So realistically what are some SG targets in FA we can get? Green just isn't cutting it when it comes to crunch time at all
nabbs
RealGM

Post#197 » by nabbs » Fri May 24, 2019 8:21 pm

OskarTheGroucho wrote:So realistically what are some SG targets in FA we can get? Green just isn't cutting it when it comes to crunch time at all

Trade:

- Josh Richardson
- Gary Harris

Only guys that interest me

Signings:

- Wes Matthews
- Jeremy Lamb
- Bullock

Raptorfan2012
Head Coach
And1: 4,260

Post#198 » by Raptorfan2012 » Fri May 24, 2019 8:23 pm

OskarTheGroucho wrote:So realistically what are some SG targets in FA we can get? Green just isn't cutting it when it comes to crunch time at all

Honestly it depends on how much Danny Green will earn. We have his bird rights, so we can afford him outside the cap. Green may have lost a couple of bucks based on these playoffs though.

https://hoopshype.com/2019/04/29/nba-free-agency-2019-shooting-guards/

If not Green, maybe bring back Ross or even Lamb? If we are cheap, then maybe Wesley Matthews; none of these guys are an upgrade on Green IMO.
OskarTheGroucho
Sophomore
And1: 208

Post#199 » by OskarTheGroucho » Fri May 24, 2019 8:25 pm

Raptorfan2012 wrote:

Honestly it depends on how much Danny Green will earn. We have his bird rights, so we can afford him outside the cap. Green may have lost a couple of bucks based on these playoffs though.

https://hoopshype.com/2019/04/29/nba-free-agency-2019-shooting-guards/

If not Green, maybe bring back Ross or even Lamb? If we are cheap, then maybe Wesley Matthews; none of these guys are an upgrade on Green IMO.

Many of those guys are an upgrade on those guys Offensive wise. If Green isn't hitting his 3's he is useless
trending
Junior
And1: 238

Post#200 » by trending » Sat May 25, 2019 2:41 pm

trade for westbrook. keep kawhi and gasol. dynasty.
theedgeam.com every saturday night
the inventor of bball was born in canada and the inventor of the phone is buried in canada
i'm also from canada

Return to Toronto Raptors