ImageImageImageImageImage

A lot of the NBA thinks Kawhi Leonard is gone no matter what Raptors do

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

ForeverTFC
RealGM
And1: 14,406

Re: A lot of the NBA thinks Kawhi Leonard is gone no matter what Raptors do 

Post#61 » by ForeverTFC » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:28 pm

bluerap23 wrote:
Steelo Green wrote:You have to read what it says carefully. Windhorst said the people he has heard from say Kawhi wants the Westcoast life, but then he also kind of bactracks saying he is hard to read.

Again, his source could be Chris Carter who has been all over the place on the situation.

The media was sure Love, George and Westbrook would be Lakers and given that that was also the LA narrative, wouldn't be surprised if it is the same people without any info saying it.

Two words. Paul George

Windhorst and everyone else had him going to LA all year. They got destroyed in the playoffs last year and he still stayed.

No one knows, not even Kawhi at this point.

Woj reported that PG may stay in OKC. Let's not be delusional as a fan base. Where there is smoke, there is likely fire. We always knew the odds were stacked against us. He still may stay, no one knows for certain. For now, let's push for a championship this year, everything else is bonus.
nuggett
Rookie
And1: 897

Post#62 » by nuggett » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:38 pm

15 to go.
RaptorsLife
RealGM
And1: 84,016

Post#63 » by RaptorsLife » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:39 pm

Siakam got us
Raptors til death
Johnny Bball
RealGM
And1: 48,792

Post#64 » by Johnny Bball » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:41 pm

Hero wrote:July 1st.

So basically if we crash out in the ECF it's gonna be a lot of speculation.
Yosemite Dan wrote:Do the Raptors have to wait until July 1 to re-sign Kawhi or can they do it before that date?

Sigh. The Bucks are going to be incredibly tough and it's no going to be the deal breaker.
gnaz
Junior
And1: 803

Post#65 » by gnaz » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:42 pm

Raps1103 wrote:
gnaz wrote:
Raps1103 wrote:
Huh? Did Barkley bang your wife or something? .., that’s some extremely strange anger, directed at someone saying positive things!

Barkley fan boy, eh? I guess you're not very good at sniffing out BS, are you...Just because he's saying something positive doesn't mean he's being truthful. Like I said, he's full of ****.

Bahahahahaha ... I find your level of misery and misdirected anger extremely entertaining ! Lol lol .. I’m a “fanboy” lol lol .. ( I’m legit laughing reading this) ... I could care less about ol’ chuck.. he kinda seems like an idiot ... oh and just because YOU think something, doesn’t make it so... you my friend are hilarious ... but in the way that I’m laughing at you! ( still laughing) ... I hope you respond with more baseless “facts”. It’s seriousjy funny

Calm your tits there, Nancy. I don't know understand why you're trying to pick a fight. I'm not an angry person and I'm not angry at anybody, including you. I'm not miserable either, just expressing myself as a fan. That's what these forums are for, no? So kindly remove that stick out of your vagina and relax yourself. I'm not gonna argue with a 13 year old child.
"The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph."
Thomas Paine
Raps1103
Veteran
And1: 3,235

Post#66 » by Raps1103 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:50 pm

gnaz wrote:
Raps1103 wrote:
gnaz wrote:
Barkley fan boy, eh? I guess you're not very good at sniffing out BS, are you...Just because he's saying something positive doesn't mean he's being truthful. Like I said, he's full of ****.

Bahahahahaha ... I find your level of misery and misdirected anger extremely entertaining ! Lol lol .. I’m a “fanboy” lol lol .. ( I’m legit laughing reading this) ... I could care less about ol’ chuck.. he kinda seems like an idiot ... oh and just because YOU think something, doesn’t make it so... you my friend are hilarious ... but in the way that I’m laughing at you! ( still laughing) ... I hope you respond with more baseless “facts”. It’s seriousjy funny

Calm your tits there, Nancy. I don't know understand why you're trying to pick a fight. I'm not an angry person and I'm not angry at anybody, including you. I'm not miserable either, just expressing myself as a fan. That's what these forums are for, no? So kindly remove that stick out of your vagina and relax yourself. I'm not gonna argue with a 13 year old child.

Ohhh.... you did not disappoint !! BaHahaha... the epic contradiction in your reply is absolute gold! My god .. its like telling someone you’re not cold as You button up your parka and pull on your touque ... you sir are an absolute joke! But keep going .. you’re absolutely hilarious! :lol: :nod:
Raptors_128
Analyst
And1: 3,275

Post#67 » by Raptors_128 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:52 pm

Lets get this championship and then he can do whatever he wants.

As long as Masai's here, we'll be alright.
gnaz
Junior
And1: 803

Post#68 » by gnaz » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:58 pm

Raps1103 wrote:
gnaz wrote:
Raps1103 wrote:

Ohhh.... you did not disappoint !! BaHahaha... the epic contradiction in your reply is absolute gold! My god .. its like telling someone you’re not cold as You button up your parka and pull on your touque ... you sir are an absolute joke! But keep going .. you’re absolutely hilarious! :lol: :nod:

I guess you're one of the cancers of this board, huh? That's expected, I guess. Our fan base isn't perfect.
"The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph."
Thomas Paine
Young_Buc
General Manager
And1: 9,130

Post#69 » by Young_Buc » Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:01 am

team edward wrote:Not to sway off topic, but what’s with the shade from TMac to the Toronto fans? “Those cheers were sarcastic” ... “that footage is fake”. bull. **** you tmac get bent, you never won a playoff series so what the **** do you know about playoff fans.

Tmac was VERY pro Toronto until he became an analyst. Almost every time he would always lament that he should have stayed.
Tribe
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,531

Post#70 » by Tribe » Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:15 am

Yawn
Chandan
RealGM
And1: 21,142

Post#71 » by Chandan » Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:27 am

Slo wrote:1. What people "think" is not important at all, even moreso regarding Kawhi. The **** do they know about him, they still write California even though the man is from CAPETOWN!

2. Im kind of at peace whatever he does. Sure it would suck if he leaves but i saw Masai and the organisation literally do everything they could to sell the man on staying. If he goes, he goes. Still props to Masai and co for not only the trade, but the whole year round pitch.

I know kawhi has roots there, but his father was murdered in California when he was a kid, does he even have a great impression of that city? How much does he really like LA, or does he just like warm weather?
TheAlchemist
General Manager
And1: 8,235

Post#72 » by TheAlchemist » Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:32 am

Guys, stop worrying about what we can't handle.

If he stays we're great, if he doesn't oh well. Analysts dont know much at all. Especially now.

It's kind of weird how Kawhi plays great and NBA analysts are talking about his free agency.

This has Clippers front office all over it. They're feeding the analysts a lot of this crap. We shall see how it really goes.
PG13
Starter
And1: 845

Post#73 » by PG13 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:37 am

I think the Raptors have to AT LEAST reach the finals for Kawhi to stay. There's no indication that the squad next year will be better than this year's (the same squad will be even older). The weather will not change, global warming and all. No other free agents have expressed a desire to team up in Toronto. He'll have 30 teams to choose from and I don't see Toronto has an advantage unless Kawhi feels the Raptors have a legit chance to win it all.
vbmeer
Pro Prospect
And1: 735

Post#74 » by vbmeer » Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:45 am

Siakam may "got us", but where that "got" is, is a lot closer to the middle of the pack and out of true contention while on a 28+ million per year contract and with a hindered reputation that will continue to sway any top level free agents away from the franchise.

Trading Lowry, Ibaka, and Gasol away, letting Danny Green walk will all happen in the Kawhi leaves scenario. Then it's basically this year's bench with Siakam in the year after next.

Thus, THIS playoffs is the true window, so buckle up.
GreatWhiteStiff
RealGM
And1: 12,414

Post#75 » by GreatWhiteStiff » Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:51 am

Steelo Green wrote:You have to read what it says carefully. Windhorst said the people he has heard from say Kawhi wants the Westcoast life, but then he also kind of bactracks saying he is hard to read.

Again, his source could be Chris Carter who has been all over the place on the situation.

The media was sure Love, George and Westbrook would be Lakers and given that that was also the LA narrative, wouldn't be surprised if it is the same people without any info saying it.

I mean in the case of George I'm pretty sure its because he wanted to be a laker, but enjoyed OKC and decided to stay there. IF i had to guess lakers would be his second choice. ANthony Davis apparently also wanted to be a laker and nearly forced a trade there, and the lakers had a significant package offer for him which was rejected. I'm getting a bit off topic here but there's a bit of a "no one wants to play with lebron" myth going on in general which is unsupported by actual reality.

That all said the media supposing guys are going to LA and sometimes New York, unjustifiably, is a thing.

Let's playin for 9th!

"OG puts the clamps on point guards like Trae Young." -DelAbbot
PhilBlackson
RealGM
And1: 42,282

Post#76 » by PhilBlackson » Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:20 am

You mean to tell me all the same talking heads/"execs" that were CERTAIN Paul George was gone to LAL (heck even Game of Zones prematurely did an ep of PG telling Russ he's leaving) are now saying Kawhi is too?!

I'm stunned.

/greenfont

The reality is this media just needs ish to talk about. He certainly could be set on going to LAC as he could equally be pretty set on staying but he's the last player in the entire league that's going to leak info about what his plans are. It's ALL nothing but complete speculation and ofc will be biased with the HOPE that he comes to the media central that is LA so just ignore it and enjoy the ride. Whatever will be, will be...
>>>SCOTTIEALLSTARSEASON<<< -- U KNOW THE VIBEZ :guitar: Club Shai Shai GA
Taking names of who OG will be better than Shaedon: DelAbbott, ThaCynic, pingpongrac, Los_29, OakleyDokley
Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,433

Post#77 » by Raps in 4 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:27 am

There was zero insight provided in that clip.
whoknows
General Manager
And1: 1,495

Post#78 » by whoknows » Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:33 am

I doubt he knows yet.
A lot will depend on the playoffs run!
Raps1103
Veteran
And1: 3,235

Post#79 » by Raps1103 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:48 am

gnaz wrote:
Raps1103 wrote:
gnaz wrote:

I guess you're one of the cancers of this board, huh? That's expected, I guess. Our fan base isn't perfect.

:lol: :roll:
Badonkadonk
Head Coach
And1: 11,756

Post#80 » by Badonkadonk » Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:51 am

I've seen no reason to change my opinion - I don't think he's staying. Everything's kind of gone according to script, so what he wanted when the Spurs drama went down is probably what he still wants.

Whatever, I'm still ecstatic to get one year of this over two more years of the crap we had before. Thank god for the trade.

Return to Toronto Raptors