ImageImageImageImageImage

Former Raptor discussion thread 2.0

Moderators: Alfred, 7 Footer, Reeko, lebron stopper, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, gojoorange

LBJKB24MJ23
RealGM
And1: 14,317

Re: Former Raptor discussion thread 2.0 

Post#1081 » by LBJKB24MJ23 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:09 am

DreamTeam09 wrote:
Dalek wrote:
Read on Twitter

I am glad Paul Watson Jr. landed another NBA shot. OKC will likely give him minutes which likely allows him to showcase his skill. I would not be surprised him getting a quick 3 year deal once they see him on court. The guy has talent to be a rotation player.

Like Oshae, I am not sure why Toronto gave up on him. The guy is athletic, good size and can score from three levels. Not a bad defender either - but I guess they wanted to go with Ish Wainright.

Interestingly, Wainright is a few months older than Waston. Curious why they opted for a guy with less NBA experience. Must be the Africa basketball connection that swayed their decision.

Wainwright looks better than PWJ in my books

I think both players are entirely different. PWJ is swingman/guard and Wainwright looks like a small ball center/4 man in a small man lineup - dude is built
DreamTeam09
RealGM
And1: 4,860

Re: Former Raptor discussion thread 2.0 

Post#1082 » by DreamTeam09 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:42 am

LBJKB24MJ23 wrote:
DreamTeam09 wrote:
Dalek wrote:
Read on Twitter

I am glad Paul Watson Jr. landed another NBA shot. OKC will likely give him minutes which likely allows him to showcase his skill. I would not be surprised him getting a quick 3 year deal once they see him on court. The guy has talent to be a rotation player.

Like Oshae, I am not sure why Toronto gave up on him. The guy is athletic, good size and can score from three levels. Not a bad defender either - but I guess they wanted to go with Ish Wainright.

Interestingly, Wainright is a few months older than Waston. Curious why they opted for a guy with less NBA experience. Must be the Africa basketball connection that swayed their decision.

I think both players are entirely different. PWJ is swingman/guard and Wainwright looks like a small ball center/4 man in a small man lineup - dude is built

Well no he's not a 5 or a small ball 5. He is a pf/sf tho who will operate from the wing spot and ask to hit 3s and play defense similar to PWJ. I just think he's better suited for the things what we wanna do.

In Raptor Ball I Trust
LBJKB24MJ23
RealGM
And1: 14,317

Former Raptor discussion thread 2.0 

Post#1083 » by LBJKB24MJ23 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:22 am

DreamTeam09 wrote:
LBJKB24MJ23 wrote:
DreamTeam09 wrote:

Well no he's not a 5 or a small ball 5. He is a pf/sf tho who will operate from the wing spot and ask to hit 3s and play defense similar to PWJ. I just think he's better suited for the things what we wanna do.

I think you will see him in some cases - the PJ Tucker role. Which is a small ball center. Won’t be huge minutes in that lineup but I can see him bodying up big men the way OG already does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to Toronto Raptors