ImageImageImageImageImage

Former Raptor discussion thread 2.0

Moderators: Yuri Vaultin, Patman, DG88, pbj, Duffman100, Alfred, Morris_Shatford, Rhettmatic

Kingsway_fan
Veteran
Posts: 2,521
And1: 2,125
Joined: May 25, 2016
 

Re: Former Raptor discussion thread 2.0 

Post#261 » by Kingsway_fan » Sun Jul 7, 2019 5:45 pm

Damn wish we had Bruno and delon... serious
User avatar
6ixSideSniper
Head Coach
Posts: 7,015
And1: 10,791
Joined: Jan 10, 2005
         

Re: Former Raptor discussion thread 2.0 

Post#262 » by 6ixSideSniper » Mon Jul 8, 2019 3:14 am

Can't believe Biyombo is still getting paid 17mil a year off of his run with the Raptors.
Image
What about DeRozan dawg?!?!

2018-2019 NBA CHAMPIONS
User avatar
ItsDanger
Analyst
Posts: 3,098
And1: 233
Joined: Nov 01, 2008

Re: Former Raptor discussion thread 2.0 

Post#263 » by ItsDanger » Mon Jul 8, 2019 3:34 am

Ujiri gonna regret letting Caboclo go, bulked up a bit, Robert Horry style game.
Its all Garbo's fault!
User avatar
Kabookalu
RealGM
Posts: 61,372
And1: 67,428
Joined: Aug 18, 2006
Location: Long Beach, California

Re: Former Raptor discussion thread 2.0 

Post#264 » by Kabookalu » Mon Jul 8, 2019 4:32 am

Read on Twitter


He's looking so nice now.
Read on Twitter
User avatar
DreamTeam09
General Manager
Posts: 8,767
And1: 3,534
Joined: Jan 06, 2009
Location: EAST END TORONTO

Re: Former Raptor discussion thread 2.0 

Post#265 » by DreamTeam09 » Tue Jul 9, 2019 1:09 am

Kabookalu wrote:
Read on Twitter


He's looking so nice now.


This board never respected the future legend, Bruno.

Does he have a deal? I don't think so or i'm not sure. We should've brought him back instead of Stanley Johnson, I like RHJ pick up tho
Image

In Raptor Ball I Trust
User avatar
Clay Davis
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,617
And1: 1,772
Joined: Nov 06, 2013
 

Re: Former Raptor discussion thread 2.0 

Post#266 » by Clay Davis » Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:42 am

Do you guys think that speshal Ed will finally get the recognition he deserves this year?
We talkin' 'bout money laundering? In WEST BALTIMORE?!
bboyskinnylegs
RealGM
Posts: 28,988
And1: 14,805
Joined: Jul 11, 2009

Re: Former Raptor discussion thread 2.0 

Post#267 » by bboyskinnylegs » Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:54 am

DreamTeam09 wrote:
This board never respected the future legend, Bruno.

Does he have a deal? I don't think so or i'm not sure. We should've brought him back instead of Stanley Johnson, I like RHJ pick up tho

$1,882,867 non-guaranteed for this upcoming season, $300k guaranteed if not waived on or before 7/10/19. So I guess today is the day to find out. Stackhouse was high on him, and he's no longer with the team. Let's see what happens.
User avatar
hsb
RealGM
Posts: 16,763
And1: 14,133
Joined: Nov 19, 2006
       

Re: Former Raptor discussion thread 2.0 

Post#268 » by hsb » Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:26 pm

Delon will be starting in Dallas.

our first call literally was Delon Wright, because we wanted somebody that could defend next to Luka and most of our guys, particularly our ones, twos were walk-it-up guys. Delon's a downhill guy who can defend multiple positions. We'll work with him some on his shot, but he's a great finisher, he can get to the rim, he'll make the play, he helps make his teammates better, and that's what we were looking for. Because trying to get Luka to guard point guards is not going to work. With Jalen Brunson, he did a great job as a rookie and he'll get better, but his strength still, he's still learning to stay in front of guys. Delon is there. Delon's a passer, a creator, but now 6-foot-5 will be our smallest guy in the starting lineup. That changes who we are.


https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dallas-mavericks/mavericks/2019/07/10/mark-cuban-losing-kemba-walker-whydelon-wright-mavericks-first-call-free-agency
"I definitely knew he traveled, but I didn't know they were going to call it. That was one of them situations in which a great player made a move...and they called the call. And I was like, 'Oh, man, there is a God.'
True North
Sophomore
Posts: 113
And1: 153
Joined: Jul 04, 2019

Re: Former Raptor discussion thread 2.0 

Post#269 » by True North » Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:41 am

Read on Twitter
?s=21
djsunyc
RealGM
Posts: 56,087
And1: 29,179
Joined: Dec 28, 2003

Re: Former Raptor discussion thread 2.0 

Post#270 » by djsunyc » Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:48 pm

ItsDanger wrote:Ujiri gonna regret letting Caboclo go, bulked up a bit, Robert Horry style game.


he's a UFA after the season. if we want him back, we can bring him back.
zoidberg22
Freshman
Posts: 89
And1: 88
Joined: Feb 15, 2016
   

Re: Former Raptor discussion thread 2.0 

Post#271 » by zoidberg22 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:52 pm

The kawhi thread /s
djsunyc
RealGM
Posts: 56,087
And1: 29,179
Joined: Dec 28, 2003

Re: Former Raptor discussion thread 2.0 

Post#272 » by djsunyc » Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:53 pm

hsb wrote:Delon will be starting in Dallas.

our first call literally was Delon Wright, because we wanted somebody that could defend next to Luka and most of our guys, particularly our ones, twos were walk-it-up guys. Delon's a downhill guy who can defend multiple positions. We'll work with him some on his shot, but he's a great finisher, he can get to the rim, he'll make the play, he helps make his teammates better, and that's what we were looking for. Because trying to get Luka to guard point guards is not going to work. With Jalen Brunson, he did a great job as a rookie and he'll get better, but his strength still, he's still learning to stay in front of guys. Delon is there. Delon's a passer, a creator, but now 6-foot-5 will be our smallest guy in the starting lineup. That changes who we are.


https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dallas-mavericks/mavericks/2019/07/10/mark-cuban-losing-kemba-walker-whydelon-wright-mavericks-first-call-free-agency


delon really needs an inbetween game - like a floater or pull up at the elbow. he's 3 or drive. the inbetween game can propel him to a legit starter.
User avatar
Slo
Head Coach
Posts: 6,023
And1: 8,137
Joined: Jan 12, 2003
Location: Slovenia
Contact:

Re: Former Raptor discussion thread 2.0 

Post#273 » by Slo » Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:55 pm

Bruno gotta be the leader in summer league games played man
User avatar
Mack11
RealGM
Posts: 20,247
And1: 54,841
Joined: May 15, 2006

Re: Former Raptor discussion thread 2.0 

Post#274 » by Mack11 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:42 pm

I don’t know if you can count On delon as a starter dude is pretty injury prone. Hope he stays healthy tho much success to him in Dallas always liked his game
User avatar
Kabookalu
RealGM
Posts: 61,372
And1: 67,428
Joined: Aug 18, 2006
Location: Long Beach, California

Re: Former Raptor discussion thread 2.0 

Post#275 » by Kabookalu » Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:11 pm

F*** KAWHI




Read on Twitter
User avatar
niQ
RealGM
Posts: 11,609
And1: 21,226
Joined: Jun 14, 2011

Re: Former Raptor discussion thread 2.0 

Post#276 » by niQ » Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:33 pm

I don't even know where I be standing.

Image
Credits Clutch0z24
User avatar
niQ
RealGM
Posts: 11,609
And1: 21,226
Joined: Jun 14, 2011

Re: Former Raptor discussion thread 2.0 

Post#277 » by niQ » Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:37 pm

TRex520 wrote:Original KD falls, Brazilian KD rises... Yes I know it is only summer league, but I hope Bruno proves people wrong.



Man. He'd be perfect for our team right now.
Image
Credits Clutch0z24
Sanyo
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,449
And1: 1,320
Joined: Jun 15, 2019

Re: Former Raptor discussion thread 2.0 

Post#278 » by Sanyo » Sat Jul 13, 2019 4:20 am

about one week ago kawhi ripped our hearts out.
Alfred
Senior Mod - Raptors
Senior Mod - Raptors
Posts: 22,771
And1: 17,783
Joined: Jul 08, 2006
 

Re: Former Raptor discussion thread 2.0 

Post#279 » by Alfred » Sat Jul 13, 2019 4:38 am

hsb wrote:Delon will be starting in Dallas.

our first call literally was Delon Wright, because we wanted somebody that could defend next to Luka and most of our guys, particularly our ones, twos were walk-it-up guys. Delon's a downhill guy who can defend multiple positions. We'll work with him some on his shot, but he's a great finisher, he can get to the rim, he'll make the play, he helps make his teammates better, and that's what we were looking for. Because trying to get Luka to guard point guards is not going to work. With Jalen Brunson, he did a great job as a rookie and he'll get better, but his strength still, he's still learning to stay in front of guys. Delon is there. Delon's a passer, a creator, but now 6-foot-5 will be our smallest guy in the starting lineup. That changes who we are.


https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dallas-mavericks/mavericks/2019/07/10/mark-cuban-losing-kemba-walker-whydelon-wright-mavericks-first-call-free-agency


That's very cool! Glad to hear that. That sounds like the perfect role for him.
Image
User avatar
RaptorPride
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,107
And1: 10,652
Joined: May 16, 2012
Contact:
   

Re: Former Raptor discussion thread 2.0 

Post#280 » by RaptorPride » Sat Jul 13, 2019 4:50 am

niQ wrote:
TRex520 wrote:Original KD falls, Brazilian KD rises... Yes I know it is only summer league, but I hope Bruno proves people wrong.



Man. He'd be perfect for our team right now.

Holy **** I can't believe that's Bruno. Go to 1:48
Image
Spoiler:
Read on Twitter

Return to Toronto Raptors