ImageImageImageImageImage

Former Raptor discussion thread 2.0

Moderators: Yuri Vaultin, DG88, Patman, pbj, Alfred, Morris_Shatford, Duffman100, Rhettmatic

mtcan
RealGM
Posts: 12,783
And1: 8,311
Joined: May 19, 2001

Re: Former Raptor discussion thread 2.0 

Post#321 » by mtcan » Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:44 pm

And1Skip wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

Great ad for melamine enriched milk.
gpoon
Senior
Posts: 749
And1: 565
Joined: Sep 10, 2015
 

Re: Former Raptor discussion thread 2.0 

Post#322 » by gpoon » Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:22 pm

Looking at the spurs current roster a lot of ex raptors...
Demar
Demarre
Marco
Jakob
Rudy
User avatar
Mikistan
RealGM
Posts: 15,099
And1: 23,474
Joined: Jun 30, 2008
Location: Shamblesland
     

Re: Former Raptor discussion thread 2.0 

Post#323 » by Mikistan » Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:57 pm

gpoon wrote:Looking at the spurs current roster a lot of ex raptors...
Demar
Demarre
Marco
Jakob
Rudy

Doesn't matter, lacking talent right, that's what held back Casey too with the same guys...
Image
Boogie! wrote:Fvvvcccc ommggvvgg I forgive u
TheAlchemist
Head Coach
Posts: 6,668
And1: 6,382
Joined: Apr 06, 2010
   

Re: Former Raptor discussion thread 2.0 

Post#324 » by TheAlchemist » Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:23 pm

Mikistan wrote:
gpoon wrote:Looking at the spurs current roster a lot of ex raptors...
Demar
Demarre
Marco
Jakob
Rudy

Doesn't matter, lacking talent right, that's what held back Casey too with the same guys...


Difference is, most of these guys are glorified role players.

Rudy has become somewhat of a reclaimed project at the Power Forward. He's doing good at the 4 spot and is a solid role player. However, considering the guy could've been a Kawhi like (lite?) type of player, that's severely depressing.

Demar is the only guy who's somewhat of a borderline star there. I wonder if Pop had these guys when Casey did (5 years ago ) , how would they all develop?
And1Skip
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,914
And1: 5,774
Joined: Jun 08, 2003
       

Re: Former Raptor discussion thread 2.0 

Post#325 » by And1Skip » Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:24 am

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Read on Twitter
?s=21
YogiStewart
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 25,507
And1: 6,186
Joined: Aug 08, 2007
Location: Its ALL about Location, Location, Location!

Re: Former Raptor discussion thread 2.0 

Post#326 » by YogiStewart » Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:27 am

"talents"
User avatar
Too Late Crew
Head Coach
Posts: 6,272
And1: 729
Joined: Jun 09, 2008
Location: Nova Scotia

Re: Former Raptor discussion thread 2.0 

Post#327 » by Too Late Crew » Mon Sep 2, 2019 3:33 pm

TheAlchemist wrote:
Mikistan wrote:
gpoon wrote:Looking at the spurs current roster a lot of ex raptors...
Demar
Demarre
Marco
Jakob
Rudy

Doesn't matter, lacking talent right, that's what held back Casey too with the same guys...


Difference is, most of these guys are glorified role players.e

Rudy has become somewhat of a reclaimed project at the Power Forward. He's doing good at the 4 spot and is a solid role player. However, considering the guy could've been a Kawhi like (lite?) type of player, that's severely depressing.

Demar is the only guy who's somewhat of a borderline star there. I wonder if Pop had these guys when Casey did (5 years ago ) , how would they all develop?


They would likely develop the same as they have now. Maybe in the case of Demar even less given that he was given an oversized role with Toronto compared to what he would have had in SA.
User avatar
kwajo
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,738
And1: 10,338
Joined: Apr 29, 2015
Location: Floating on the Bay of Fundy
     

Re: Former Raptor discussion thread 2.0 

Post#328 » by kwajo » Mon Sep 2, 2019 11:20 pm

Surprised no-one mentioned ex-Raptors Jamario Moon in the Big 3 championship hoisting the trophy alongside Iso Joe

”I’m just a man, standing in front of a Raptor, asking them to love me.”
Alfred
Senior Mod - Raptors
Senior Mod - Raptors
Posts: 22,810
And1: 17,830
Joined: Jul 08, 2006
 

Re: Former Raptor discussion thread 2.0 

Post#329 » by Alfred » Tue Sep 3, 2019 11:42 pm

kwajo wrote:Surprised no-one mentioned ex-Raptors Jamario Moon in the Big 3 championship hoisting the trophy alongside Iso Joe


Also former Raptor Alan “Stankface” Anderson.
Image
User avatar
niQ
RealGM
Posts: 11,686
And1: 21,456
Joined: Jun 14, 2011

Re: Former Raptor discussion thread 2.0 

Post#330 » by niQ » Thu Sep 5, 2019 3:54 pm

Alfred wrote:
kwajo wrote:Surprised no-one mentioned ex-Raptors Jamario Moon in the Big 3 championship hoisting the trophy alongside Iso Joe


Also former Raptor Alan “Stankface” Anderson.


Image
Image
Credits Clutch0z24
GordanFreeman
Analyst
Posts: 3,019
And1: 3,722
Joined: Mar 27, 2018
       

Re: Former Raptor discussion thread 2.0 

Post#331 » by GordanFreeman » Fri Sep 6, 2019 12:29 am

Didn't anyone watch the Greece vs Brazil game? It looks like Giannis was held in check. Was bruno the primary defender?
Alfred
Senior Mod - Raptors
Senior Mod - Raptors
Posts: 22,810
And1: 17,830
Joined: Jul 08, 2006
 

Re: Former Raptor discussion thread 2.0 

Post#332 » by Alfred » Fri Sep 6, 2019 1:21 am

GordanFreeman wrote:Didn't anyone watch the Greece vs Brazil game? It looks like Giannis was held in check. Was bruno the primary defender?

Yes, he did an incredible job defensively. He also had the game winning “block” on the free throw attempt as well (FIBA rules are stupid).
Image
User avatar
kwajo
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,738
And1: 10,338
Joined: Apr 29, 2015
Location: Floating on the Bay of Fundy
     

Re: Former Raptor discussion thread 2.0 

Post#333 » by kwajo » Fri Sep 6, 2019 2:33 am

Alfred wrote:
GordanFreeman wrote:Didn't anyone watch the Greece vs Brazil game? It looks like Giannis was held in check. Was bruno the primary defender?

Yes, he did an incredible job defensively. He also had the game winning “block” on the free throw attempt as well (FIBA rules are stupid).


I like some of the FIBA stuff, but the ability to knock the ball out clean/clear after a bounce is awful given how long and athletic players are these days.
”I’m just a man, standing in front of a Raptor, asking them to love me.”
User avatar
kwajo
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,738
And1: 10,338
Joined: Apr 29, 2015
Location: Floating on the Bay of Fundy
     

Re: Former Raptor discussion thread 2.0 

Post#334 » by kwajo » Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:21 pm

Want to point out how dominant Scola is in the a World Cup right now. Love seeing old guys schooling people 10-20 years younger than them.
”I’m just a man, standing in front of a Raptor, asking them to love me.”

Return to Toronto Raptors