ImageImageImageImageImage

Former Raptor discussion thread 2.0

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

RaptorsLife
RealGM
And1: 84,016

Re: JV gets absolutely destroyed on a poster by Derrick Jones JR 

Post#381 » by RaptorsLife » Thu Oct 24, 2019 1:00 am

Jv already on dunk of the year
Raptors til death
FreshyFlames
Rookie
And1: 1,044

Post#382 » by FreshyFlames » Thu Oct 24, 2019 1:01 am

Good for JV.
Raps in 6ix
macNcheese3
RealGM
And1: 6,915

Post#383 » by macNcheese3 » Thu Oct 24, 2019 1:06 am

Like Jack would say “hello”
Kevin Willis
RealGM
And1: 7,941

Re: Former Raptor discussion thread 2.0 

Post#384 » by Kevin Willis » Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:33 pm

Kawhi really has opened up since coming to Toronto. He went from not doing interviews in San Antonio to addressing the crowds and making jokes in Toronto and the Clippers. If he went from San Antonio directly to the Clippers I doubt he would be able to do this.
Ska needs to make a comeback.
ruckus
RealGM
And1: 11,283

Post#385 » by ruckus » Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:03 am

****. This has to be PatPat's best game in like 3 years. Good for him.
Rust_Cohle
Starter
And1: 2,226

Post#386 » by Rust_Cohle » Fri Oct 25, 2019 4:12 pm

Kevin Willis wrote:

Kawhi really has opened up since coming to Toronto. He went from not doing interviews in San Antonio to addressing the crowds and making jokes in Toronto and the Clippers. If he went from San Antonio directly to the Clippers I doubt he would be able to do this.

Kawhi did this in SA and tons of commercials with HEB:

Rust_Cohle
Starter

Post#387 » by Rust_Cohle » Fri Oct 25, 2019 4:14 pm

Dalek wrote:Watched the TNT feed yesterday and with the Terminator commercials, New Balance ads, and just playing at home, you could see why Kawhi went for the Clippers.

Aside from business, I actually like that team. They are just like the Raptors with how they compete so hard. When they get George that team is pretty unstoppable.

Even when Kawhi rests they had pretty good pick-up. Their bench scored 60 points which is pretty dominant.

People on this sub are sleeping on the Clippers, it’s scary how good they look despite having some new faces. Long way to go but Kawhi, Paul George and Beverly are going to be absolute hell to deal with on the perimeter defensively
Kevin Willis
RealGM

Post#388 » by Kevin Willis » Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:19 pm

Rust_Cohle wrote:
Kevin Willis wrote:

That. Was Just. The Worse.

I know he did community service videos but it was usually with teammates. He still didn't do interviews. In Toronto he was front and center all the time including his New Balance work.
Rust_Cohle
Starter

Post#389 » by Rust_Cohle » Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:38 pm

Kevin Willis wrote:
Rust_Cohle wrote:
Kevin Willis wrote:

I know he did community service videos but it was usually with teammates. He still didn't do interviews. In Toronto he was front and center all the time including his New Balance work.

He still did come out of his shell though, and probably even more so with LA than he did in Toronto. To assume it was Toronto that allowed him to do silly videos in LA is silly considering he did them back in SA.

You can see why he wants the bigger market in LA vs Toronto. No one goes to LA to stay away from the spotlight.
Kevin Willis
RealGM

Post#390 » by Kevin Willis » Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:40 pm

Rust_Cohle wrote:
Kevin Willis wrote:
Rust_Cohle wrote:

He still did come out of his shell though, and probably even more so with LA than he did in Toronto. To assume it was Toronto that allowed him to do silly videos in LA is silly considering he did them back in SA.

You can see why he wants the bigger market in LA vs Toronto. No one goes to LA to stay away from the spotlight.

Well Canada is a big market. It's not like Utah or something like that, it is a country. If he stayed in Toronto his New Balance campaign would've taken over the Canadian market instead of competing with several others in California. He wanted to go home or he would stay in San Antonio. I would agree he has come out of his shell more in LA but Raptors helped him. I will give you an example, look at the introduction press conference with Toronto and LA. Toronto he was so uncomfortable but in LA he was very comfortable with the attention. The only thing different is one year with the Raptors.

Rust_Cohle
Starter

Post#391 » by Rust_Cohle » Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:30 pm

Kevin Willis wrote:
Rust_Cohle wrote:
Kevin Willis wrote:

Well Canada is a big market. It's not like Utah or something like that, it is a country. If he stayed in Toronto his New Balance campaign would've taken over the Canadian market instead of competing with several others in California. He wanted to go home or he would stay in San Antonio. I would agree he has come out of his shell more in LA but Raptors helped him. I will give you an example, look at the introduction press conference with Toronto and LA. Toronto he was so uncomfortable but in LA he was very comfortable with the attention. The only thing different is one year with the Raptors.

I live in Toronto, I know canada isn't tiny but in fairness Canada has less people than the entire state of California. Toronto is peanuts compared to LA. The US market will always be more enticing than the canadian one.
Kingsway_fan
RealGM
And1: 8,890

Post#392 » by Kingsway_fan » Sat Oct 26, 2019 3:14 am

Delon with an outstanding night....
RaptorHusky
Veteran
And1: 4,876

Post#393 » by RaptorHusky » Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:54 pm

JV last night - 3/5 3’s, 4AST in 20 minutes of action. Isn’t it what we wanted him to become?
BigShaq34
Sixth Man
And1: 2,849

Post#394 » by BigShaq34 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:25 pm

RaptorHusky wrote:JV last night - 3/5 3’s, 4AST in 20 minutes of action. Isn’t it what we wanted him to become?

he's on a minute restriction healing from a foot injury.
ghettobplayer
Sophomore
And1: 287

Post#395 » by ghettobplayer » Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:04 pm

Raptorfan2012
Head Coach
And1: 4,260

Post#396 » by Raptorfan2012 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:22 pm

https://streamable.com/emqg9

Kawhi already starting to miss his Raptor teammates. :lol:
Kabookalu
RealGM
And1: 70,114

Post#397 » by Kabookalu » Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:54 pm

Raptorfan2012 wrote:https://streamable.com/emqg9

I was watching this game, and my takeaway when I saw this is that I've never seen him display this level of frustration with us, which I see as a knock against us. He never cared enough about the team to lash out at his teammates. I think I recall him do it maybe a couple of times, but not within the same game.
Read on Twitter
Kevin Willis
RealGM

Post#398 » by Kevin Willis » Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:38 pm

Kabookalu wrote:
Raptorfan2012 wrote:https://streamable.com/emqg9

I was watching this game, and my takeaway when I saw this is that I've never seen him display this level of frustration with us, which I see as a knock against us. He never cared enough about the team to lash out at his teammates. I think I recall him do it maybe a couple of times, but not within the same game.

Also Lou and Montrezl aren't great defenders. Lou is a scorer and Montrezl is a hustle guy. So he didn't need to say anything on a team where everyone can defend even bench guys like OG, FVV and Norm. But I do think he cares more in LA. When he was asked about why he was getting more assists as a Clipper he said they are hitting their shots. So that is a subtle shade. Pressure is on him now as favourite.
Bankai
RealGM
And1: 26,487

Post#399 » by Bankai » Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:57 pm

Rumours that Kawhi and Lowry both took the trade hard and basically everyone on the team knew that Lowry was sulking. And Kawhi first few absences was that he didn't care and thought about mailing it in, not because of load management. Can't remember who was interviewed, I think it was Danny Green and Lowry together where they had to have a team meeting early on the Season and just try to clear the air with Masai also present. Kawhi eventually started caring and Lowry stopped sulking. Masai even admitted that if Lowry continued to act like that, he would've traded him. Eventually all the bad vibes left and the team came together and eventually won a Title.

But multiple Raptor People admitted on Interviews through the Season, their was alot of Team Drama early on that they didn't want to leak out. The Lowry-Kawhi phone call claim, has not been corroborated. Simply put, the teams best players didn't like or believe in each other at first.
Childs
RealGM
And1: 26,231

Post#400 » by Childs » Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:24 pm

Return to Toronto Raptors