ImageImageImageImageImage

Former Raptor discussion thread 2.0

Moderators: Duffman100, Morris_Shatford, DG88, 7 Footer, Rhettmatic, niQ, Patman, pbj, Alfred

User avatar
TrustFundBaby
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,720
And1: 16,623
Joined: Oct 17, 2012
 

Re: Former Raptor discussion thread 2.0 

Post#941 » by TrustFundBaby » Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:19 am

Lol we really played the likes of Patterson, Hansbrough, Hayes, Gray over this guy when we had him.
Image
raptorstime
RealGM
Posts: 27,751
And1: 41,761
Joined: Dec 22, 2013

Re: Former Raptor discussion thread 2.0 

Post#942 » by raptorstime » Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:04 pm

Jonas has been on a tear during the month of April.
tecumseh18
RealGM
Posts: 14,098
And1: 6,421
Joined: Feb 20, 2006
Location: Big green house
 

Re: Former Raptor discussion thread 2.0 

Post#943 » by tecumseh18 » Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:14 pm

Jstock12 wrote:
rapstarter wrote:JV with a 34/22 :o


JV feasting on the offensive side for Memphis. And Poeltl feasting on the defensive side fo San Antonio (Poeltl is a more effective rim protector than Gobert this year, which sound pretty nuts).


One reason to keep Pascal (if GSW doesn't make a Godfather offer for him this summer) is that it may make it easir to bring back Jak when he's a UFA in 2023 - just two seasons away.

OTOH, JV is a UFA in 2022. Maybe a reason to punt the cap space for another year. But I don't think the board can handle bringing in another Baynes-esque stiff on a flexible deal.
"Say asterisk one more time, m_____rf_____r!"
Gntts
Junior
Posts: 466
And1: 568
Joined: Nov 01, 2012

Re: Former Raptor discussion thread 2.0 

Post#944 » by Gntts » Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:37 pm

lobosloboslobos wrote:
dTox wrote:JV with another dominant performance, he is finally living up to the expectations many of us had in him

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk


26/14/2 with 3 blks on 12-15 shooting while holding Vuc to 7/19 shooting

pressure's on as Memphis tries to make the playoffs and JV is stepping up big time: last 6 games (4 wins): 23/14/2 on 75% shooting


JV was usually increasing the level of his play toward the end of a season. I miss playoff JV.
User avatar
lobosloboslobos
General Manager
Posts: 9,956
And1: 12,780
Joined: Jan 08, 2009
Location: space is the place
 

Re: Former Raptor discussion thread 2.0 

Post#945 » by lobosloboslobos » Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:35 pm

Gntts wrote:
lobosloboslobos wrote:
dTox wrote:JV with another dominant performance, he is finally living up to the expectations many of us had in him

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk


26/14/2 with 3 blks on 12-15 shooting while holding Vuc to 7/19 shooting

pressure's on as Memphis tries to make the playoffs and JV is stepping up big time: last 6 games (4 wins): 23/14/2 on 75% shooting


JV was usually increasing the level of his play toward the end of a season. I miss playoff JV.


yep spring beast mode was definitely a thing.
BigShaq34
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,580
And1: 2,690
Joined: Mar 16, 2018
 

Re: Former Raptor discussion thread 2.0 

Post#946 » by BigShaq34 » Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:57 pm

tecumseh18 wrote:
Jstock12 wrote:
rapstarter wrote:JV with a 34/22 :o


JV feasting on the offensive side for Memphis. And Poeltl feasting on the defensive side fo San Antonio (Poeltl is a more effective rim protector than Gobert this year, which sound pretty nuts).


One reason to keep Pascal (if GSW doesn't make a Godfather offer for him this summer) is that it may make it easir to bring back Jak when he's a UFA in 2023 - just two seasons away.

OTOH, JV is a UFA in 2022. Maybe a reason to punt the cap space for another year. But I don't think the board can handle bringing in another Baynes-esque stiff on a flexible deal.

baynes-esque stiff? From a mobility perspective maybe, but there is no other comparison. Baynes can't even do half of what JV produces.
tecumseh18
RealGM
Posts: 14,098
And1: 6,421
Joined: Feb 20, 2006
Location: Big green house
 

Re: Former Raptor discussion thread 2.0 

Post#947 » by tecumseh18 » Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:39 am

BigShaq34 wrote:
tecumseh18 wrote:
Jstock12 wrote:
JV feasting on the offensive side for Memphis. And Poeltl feasting on the defensive side fo San Antonio (Poeltl is a more effective rim protector than Gobert this year, which sound pretty nuts).


One reason to keep Pascal (if GSW doesn't make a Godfather offer for him this summer) is that it may make it easir to bring back Jak when he's a UFA in 2023 - just two seasons away.

OTOH, JV is a UFA in 2022. Maybe a reason to punt the cap space for another year. But I don't think the board can handle bringing in another Baynes-esque stiff on a flexible deal.

baynes-esque stiff? From a mobility perspective maybe, but there is no other comparison. Baynes can't even do half of what JV produces.


Sorry, I wasn't clear. I meant that in order to bridge from next season to 2022, and maintain the cap space to sign JV in 2022, we'd have bring in a C who's willing to take a one year guaranteed deal. Only a "Baynes-esque stiff", e.g. Boogie Cousins or Dwight Howard, at this stage of their careers, would settle for a one year deal.

And JV may still decide to resign with the Grizzlies, who have some good young talent. So Raptors would sacrifice yet another season for nothing.
"Say asterisk one more time, m_____rf_____r!"
C_Money
RealGM
Posts: 20,232
And1: 18,747
Joined: Jun 30, 2008
   

Re: Former Raptor discussion thread 2.0 

Post#948 » by C_Money » Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:28 am

They’ve got my boy Norman Powell standing in the corner all game like he’s Steve Novak. Portland is a bad fit for him.
Image
User avatar
Brinbe
RealGM
Posts: 46,320
And1: 19,203
Joined: Feb 26, 2005
Location: Terana
         

Re: Former Raptor discussion thread 2.0 

Post#949 » by Brinbe » Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:37 am

normgod
Image
User avatar
FrozenLeafz
Starter
Posts: 2,397
And1: 3,318
Joined: Dec 09, 2011
 

Re: Former Raptor discussion thread 2.0 

Post#950 » by FrozenLeafz » Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:38 am

Norm :o
Passing the torch - VC15--> CB4--> DD10+KL7--> PS43 + FVV23
ImageImage
TD2FutureStar
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,324
And1: 1,063
Joined: Feb 04, 2020

Re: Former Raptor discussion thread 2.0 

Post#951 » by TD2FutureStar » Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:37 am

NormGods talents are wasted in Portland
Prediction, April 2021. Raps will get the #9 pick in the 2021 NBA Draft and select Moses Moody.
User avatar
TheRealDeal
RealGM
Posts: 10,069
And1: 9,965
Joined: Nov 17, 2004
 

Re: Former Raptor discussion thread 2.0 

Post#952 » by TheRealDeal » Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:08 am

Read on Twitter
?s=21
TD2FutureStar
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,324
And1: 1,063
Joined: Feb 04, 2020

Re: Former Raptor discussion thread 2.0 

Post#953 » by TD2FutureStar » Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:50 am

TheRealDeal wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

Went 5-8 from the field. Haters will point out his bad games only though....sad

Damn that dunk was INSANE!
Prediction, April 2021. Raps will get the #9 pick in the 2021 NBA Draft and select Moses Moody.
User avatar
Psubs
RealGM
Posts: 11,784
And1: 7,662
Joined: Nov 20, 2004
Location: Toronto

Re: Former Raptor discussion thread 2.0 

Post#954 » by Psubs » Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:00 am

Watching Lowry and Derozan talking, got me wondering if they might be both playing in NY next season.
Image
gbball
Junior
Posts: 403
And1: 537
Joined: Oct 23, 2009

Re: Former Raptor discussion thread 2.0 

Post#955 » by gbball » Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:44 am

This is who we should target next year. He and Siakam would work well together. Bring back our 905 championship squad. Bruno's breaking out in France.

User avatar
Jstock12
General Manager
Posts: 9,755
And1: 16,448
Joined: Jun 24, 2012

Re: Former Raptor discussion thread 2.0 

Post#956 » by Jstock12 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 5:38 pm

gbball wrote:This is who we should target next year. He and Siakam would work well together. Bring back our 905 championship squad. Bruno's breaking out in France.



Seems like he's figuring out how to use his length.
gbball
Junior
Posts: 403
And1: 537
Joined: Oct 23, 2009

Re: Former Raptor discussion thread 2.0 

Post#957 » by gbball » Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:17 am

Jstock12 wrote:
gbball wrote:This is who we should target next year. He and Siakam would work well together. Bring back our 905 championship squad. Bruno's breaking out in France.



Seems like he's figuring out how to use his length.


Yeah, I don't see why he couldn't provide at the minimum what we got from Serge. But with more ability to create for himself off the dribble.
blackcosmos
Sophomore
Posts: 203
And1: 189
Joined: Nov 20, 2019
     

Re: Former Raptor discussion thread 2.0 

Post#958 » by blackcosmos » Sat Apr 17, 2021 4:18 am

gbball wrote:
Jstock12 wrote:
gbball wrote:This is who we should target next year. He and Siakam would work well together. Bring back our 905 championship squad. Bruno's breaking out in France.



Seems like he's figuring out how to use his length.


Yeah, I don't see why he couldn't provide at the minimum what we got from Serge. But with more ability to create for himself off the dribble.


better than Baynes for sure
Gntts
Junior
Posts: 466
And1: 568
Joined: Nov 01, 2012

Re: Former Raptor discussion thread 2.0 

Post#959 » by Gntts » Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:16 am

gbball wrote:This is who we should target next year. He and Siakam would work well together. Bring back our 905 championship squad. Bruno's breaking out in France.



I liked how #23 was traveling for as much as he wanted (0:20–0:24) and referees were just watching.
GreatWhiteStiff
General Manager
Posts: 9,330
And1: 7,372
Joined: Oct 17, 2011
Location: #EmbraceTheTreadmill
 

Re: Former Raptor discussion thread 2.0 

Post#960 » by GreatWhiteStiff » Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:10 pm

C_Money wrote:They’ve got my boy Norman Powell standing in the corner all game like he’s Steve Novak. Portland is a bad fit for him.


No one puts Norman in a corner!
"Yes because he completely turned around a disastrous 5-12 team and helped them in every facet of the game. If Melo keeps it up, he is legit MVP candidate."

-EricMillegan

Return to Toronto Raptors