ImageImageImageImageImage

Former Raptor discussion thread 2.0

Moderators: Duffman100, Morris_Shatford, DG88, 7 Footer, Rhettmatic, niQ, Patman, pbj, Alfred

Son Goku 25
RealGM
And1: 36,038

Re: Former Raptor discussion thread 2.0 

Post#981 » by Son Goku 25 » Tue May 4, 2021 4:41 am

tecumseh18 wrote:Lakers seem to be turning it around against Denver on the B2B without Lebron. Let's see: Drummond plays 18 minutes and is -5. Gasol plays 15 minutes and is a team leading +15. :dontknow:

Frustrates me when ppl don't understand how impactful Gasol is.. even at that age and being washed up and all. I will seriously forever cherish how our team had 2 dpoy guys on our team plus a bunch of excellent all around players that just fit in 2019.. even that 2020 Raptors team just needed Siakam to play slightly better and we'd be in finals.

Anyways, Gasol can't ever be disrespected as a Basketball player.
PT416
Veteran
And1: 4,220

Post#982 » by PT416 » Tue May 4, 2021 4:59 am

Son Goku 25 wrote:
tecumseh18 wrote:Lakers seem to be turning it around against Denver on the B2B without Lebron. Let's see: Drummond plays 18 minutes and is -5. Gasol plays 15 minutes and is a team leading +15. :dontknow:

Frustrates me when ppl don't understand how impactful Gasol is.. even at that age and being washed up and all. I will seriously forever cherish how our team had 2 dpoy guys on our team plus a bunch of excellent all around players that just fit in 2019.. even that 2020 Raptors team just needed Siakam to play slightly better and we'd be in finals.

Anyone who couldn't see that Gasol was the best defensive player we've ever had in franchise history was a fool. Casuals don't understand that defence is a thing. We lost our Embiid stopper. He's a Jokic stopper now. It's crazy, Jokic was carving them up vs Drummond and couldn't hit anything vs Gasol. It's so obvious that it's crazy. He's like 36 3rd string C still shutting down MVP candidates like it's nothing.
I literally eat poo
Son Goku 25
RealGM
And1: 36,038

Post#983 » by Son Goku 25 » Tue May 4, 2021 7:36 pm

PT416 wrote:
Son Goku 25 wrote:

Anyone who couldn't see that Gasol was the best defensive player we've ever had in franchise history was a fool. Casuals don't understand that defence is a thing. We lost our Embiid stopper. He's a Jokic stopper now. It's crazy, Jokic was carving them up vs Drummond and couldn't hit anything vs Gasol. It's so obvious that it's crazy. He's like 36 3rd string C still shutting down MVP candidates like it's nothing.

Yeah I remember when we had him as well, it was like watching a father going up against his son lol Gasol is truly one of the smartest and most underappreciated players.
PT416
Veteran
And1: 4,220

Post#984 » by PT416 » Yesterday 1:34 am

Son Goku 25 wrote:
PT416 wrote:
Son Goku 25 wrote:

Yeah I remember when we had him as well, it was like watching a father going up against his son lol Gasol is truly one of the smartest and most underappreciated players.

He's a Lowry level C.
I literally eat poo
WaltFrazier
Head Coach
And1: 5,187

Post#985 » by WaltFrazier » Yesterday 6:46 pm

Zach Lowe on Derozan:

DeRozan is wrapping maybe the best season of his career. Do people realize he's averaging 7.2 assists -- with an assist-to-turnover ratio approaching 4.0? Wild.

DeRozan has been a good passer for a while, but he has made another late-career step forward. He's making reads a beat earlier, and getting off the ball while the defense is still rotating toward him -- not only after they've swarmed. Those early-release passes kick-start swing-swing-swing sequences.

Only Damian Lillard has more points than DeRozan in the last three minutes of games when the score is within three points.

But no one here thinks it'd be good to bring him back.

Return to Toronto Raptors