ImageImageImageImageImage

Official NBA General Discussion 2019 V2.0

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Dennis 37
RealGM
And1: 17,779

Re: Official NBA General Discussion 2019 V2.0 

Post#2541 » by Dennis 37 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:43 pm

Kabookalu wrote:Celtics have the best offense in the league even with DeTatum having the second highest usage on the team and shooting .493TS%.

8 games vs the East. Could only beat the Warriors by 5 last night. They've played Cleveland three times and the Knicks twice. They've haven't played a quality western team as of yet.

Edit: They have only played Cleveland once, the other two were during the preseason. However they have played Washington. A lot of bottom feeders among their opponents.
Maxpainmedia:
"NYC has the **** most Two Faced fans, but we ALL loved IQ,, and that is super rare, I've been a Knicks fan for 37 years, this kid is a star and he will snap in Toronto"
Kabookalu
RealGM
And1: 70,114

Post#2542 » by Kabookalu » Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:44 pm

Dennis 37 wrote:
Kabookalu wrote:Celtics have the best offense in the league even with DeTatum having the second highest usage on the team and shooting .493TS%.

8 games vs the East. Could only beat the Warriors by 5 last night. They've played Cleveland three times and the Knicks twice. They've haven't played a quality western team as of yet.

Wow, that puts things into perspective.
Read on Twitter
fbalmeida
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,891

Post#2543 » by fbalmeida » Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:47 pm

Harden is just about the closest thing there's ever been to an actual Harlem Globetrotter playing in the NBA.

Sure their style, defence, and personae are all equally horrid and detestable, but I think the Rockets are the scariest team in the league as far as the Raptors repeat aspirations are concerned.
"The Raptors will be fine." - Masai Ujiri, March 26th, 2021
Gant
General Manager
And1: 11,267

Post#2544 » by Gant » Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:11 pm

Dennis 37 wrote:

The Celtics did play Cleveland three times, but two of them were in preseason. : )

I kinda think this has some truth:
Read on Twitter

As far as the quality western teams- spot on. They're on the road and will play Phoenix on the second night of a back to back, then the Clippers and Denver. It's not likely they'll get through that unscathed.

Tatum is the opposite of DeRozan. He's shooting and hitting the 3 but not the 2, and he's clutch.
He definitely is struggling right now with layups and midrange jumpers. Strong defense though and his season long plus/minus is by far the best in the league. He's got talent. He'll get there.
Boogie!
RealGM
And1: 52,778
Location: Ba da da da daaaaaa. If you build it, they will come!

Post#2545 » by Boogie! » Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:12 pm

fbalmeida wrote:Harden is just about the closest thing there's ever been to an actual Harlem Globetrotter playing in the NBA.

Sure their style, defence, and personae are all equally horrid and detestable, but I think the Rockets are the scariest team in the league as far as the Raptors repeat aspirations are concerned.

I hate Houston. It's weird to me Tha people were rooting for them over gs just because they hated gs so much when they play such annoying basketball. I don't see them as being scary either considering both Westbrook and Harden turn into brick city in the playoffs. They're gonna be the new brick bros.
mdenny wrote:In anycase....Masai is probably gonna make Fred the first active player/head coach in franchise history now that Nurse is out of the way. That's been the plan all along.
fbalmeida
Lead Assistant

Post#2546 » by fbalmeida » Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:19 pm

Hope so.
Dennis 37
RealGM

Post#2547 » by Dennis 37 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 6:26 pm

Gant wrote:
Dennis 37 wrote:

The Celtics did play Cleveland three times, but two of them were in preseason. : )

Read on Twitter

As far as the quality western teams- spot on. They're on the road and will play Phoenix on the second night of a back to back, then the Clippers and Denver. It's not likely they'll get through that unscathed.

Tatum is the opposite of DeRozan. He's shooting and hitting the 3 but not the 2, and he's clutch.
He definitely is struggling right now with layups and midrange jumpers. Strong defense though and his season long plus/minus is by far the best in the league. He's got talent. He'll get there.

I searched their schedule and the one I found didn't differentiate between Preseason and RS. Should have looked at the dates. They have played NY twice, Cleveland once, and Wizards once. That's four gimmes right there. Also, they barely beat the last place Warriors. We have not played a bottom seeded team once as of yet.

Plus minus doesn't mean much when you consider the Celtics schedule.
Maxpainmedia:
"NYC has the **** most Two Faced fans, but we ALL loved IQ,, and that is super rare, I've been a Knicks fan for 37 years, this kid is a star and he will snap in Toronto"
Boogie!
RealGM
And1: 52,778
Location: Ba da da da daaaaaa. If you build it, they will come!

Post#2548 » by Boogie! » Sat Nov 16, 2019 6:49 pm

Dennis 37 wrote:
Gant wrote:
Dennis 37 wrote:

Read on Twitter

I searched their schedule and the one I found didn't differentiate between Preseason and RS. Should have looked at the dates. They have played NY twice, Cleveland once, and Wizards once. That's four gimmes right there. Also, they barely beat the last place Warriors. We have not played a bottom seeded team once as of yet.

We played the pelicans twice the kings and the pistons. Pretty **** teams. That being said I agree the Celtics are overrated.
mdenny wrote:In anycase....Masai is probably gonna make Fred the first active player/head coach in franchise history now that Nurse is out of the way. That's been the plan all along.
Dennis 37
RealGM

Post#2549 » by Dennis 37 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:27 pm

Boogie! wrote:
Dennis 37 wrote:
Gant wrote:

Read on Twitter

We played the pelicans twice the kings and the pistons. Pretty **** teams. That being said I agree the Celtics are overrated.

True enough.
Maxpainmedia:
sbsat
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,635

Post#2550 » by sbsat » Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:30 pm

Give the celtics credit. I cannot see them sustaining this though?

Also we shouldve beat them!!
lebron stopper
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 24,049

Post#2551 » by lebron stopper » Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:42 pm

sbsat wrote:Give the celtics credit. I cannot see them sustaining this though?

Celtics have had an easy schedule to start the season. Knicks x2, Cavaliers, Hornets, Spurs, Wizards, Warriors. That's 7 of their 11 games played so far, and their average margin of victory against those below .500 teams is +12.00. Against the four above .500 teams they've played so far, that margin of victory is just +3.25.

By SOS they've had the second easiest schedule (-1.93) behind the Pacers (-2.32).
fbalmeida
Lead Assistant

Post#2552 » by fbalmeida » Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:52 pm

Celtics have had the 2nd easiest schedule according to the people at NBAMath.

About Simmons: So this happened:

Read on Twitter
Gant
General Manager
And1: 11,267

Post#2553 » by Gant » Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:47 pm

lebron stopper wrote:
sbsat wrote:Give the celtics credit. I cannot see them sustaining this though?

Celtics have had an easy schedule to start the season. Knicks x2, Cavaliers, Hornets, Spurs, Wizards, Warriors. That's 7 of their 11 games played so far, and their average margin of victory against those below .500 teams is +12.00. Against the four above .500 teams they've played so far, that margin of victory is just +3.25.

By SOS they've had the second easiest schedule (-1.93) behind the Pacers (-2.32).

I'm actually not sure of this, but isn't that the best margin of victory in the league vs .500 and aboves? (There are only 5 teams with winning records against .500 and aboves going into tonight.)
2019nbachamps
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,521

Post#2554 » by 2019nbachamps » Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:38 am

Warriors are really going for the worst record in the league. Watch them milk the Russell injury now. If they can trade Russell for some depth, get a top 5 pick, bring Steph, Klay, and Dray back healthy, and attract a few veterans for the minimum then they can very well become title contenders again next season.
vbmeer
Pro Prospect
And1: 735

Post#2555 » by vbmeer » Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:46 am

People here like to disparage Paul George, but Masai did try to trade Derozan in his best regular season straight up for him for just 3 months for a playoff run.
milkii
Rookie
And1: 835

Post#2556 » by milkii » Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:52 am

Damn, PG playing great, should have traded Siakam for PG.
SurgeIblocka
Head Coach
And1: 5,254

Post#2557 » by SurgeIblocka » Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:44 am

Absolutely would have traded Siakim for PG if Kawhi would commit. They both probably would have left to LA soon after but we would have been a lock for another championship.
Kevin Willis
RealGM
And1: 7,941

Post#2558 » by Kevin Willis » Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:48 pm

milkii wrote:Damn, PG playing great, should have traded Siakam for PG.

PG has played great and right now he's a better player than Pascal. Let's give it some time, there is a reason he came back against NO and Atlanta. I want to see how the team will look with their guys back. What's more concerning is Kawhi missing a game on a non back to back. Plus Beverley being out again. Hopefully they can get it together before heading to the playoffs.

I would keep Pascal, he will only get better and PF is not a strong position in the league right now. He can dominate.
Ska needs to make a comeback.
AndreasLeftCalf
Analyst
And1: 3,904

Post#2559 » by AndreasLeftCalf » Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:56 pm

ouffff celtics had a good look bad luck but what a good team they have this year
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
RealGM
And1: 66,480

Post#2560 » by 720 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:57 pm

Boston probably losing their next game too. Wish we didn’t get screwed in the clippers and mavs game.

Return to Toronto Raptors