ImageImageImageImageImage

Lin over FVV time

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Boogie!
RealGM
And1: 52,782
Location: Ba da da da daaaaaa. If you build it, they will come!

Re: Lin over FVV time 

Post#221 » by Boogie! » Mon May 20, 2019 9:54 pm

Patman wrote:
Boogie! wrote:this is what someone posted on lins picture on the toronto raptors page:

"Hey, that looks like the China Dragon delivery boy. The #4 combo meal is the best."

so yeah, tell me racism isnt a thing.

People are idiots. Black and white players get this kind of crap too. Too many keyboard warriors out there.

Except in today's society if someone posted something of that nature on a black players photo the outrage would be insane. But for Lin and Asians in general, people jsst on overlook it and say things like "oh well, people are just stupid it is what it is."
mdenny wrote:In anycase....Masai is probably gonna make Fred the first active player/head coach in franchise history now that Nurse is out of the way. That's been the plan all along.
Patman
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23,410

Post#222 » by Patman » Mon May 20, 2019 10:13 pm

Boogie! wrote:
Patman wrote:
Boogie! wrote:this is what someone posted on lins picture on the toronto raptors page:

"Hey, that looks like the China Dragon delivery boy. The #4 combo meal is the best."

People are idiots. Black and white players get this kind of crap too. Too many keyboard warriors out there.

Except in today's society if someone posted something of that nature on a black players photo the outrage would be insane. But for Lin and Asians in general, people jsst on overlook it and say things like "oh well, people are just stupid it is what it is."

I get it. I'm Asian.

I don't want to drive too deep into a racial discussion, but a lot of the "outrage" against black racism is superficial. There is still deep-rooted, systemic racism against black folks, especially in America.
refshateRaps
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,947

Post#223 » by refshateRaps » Mon May 20, 2019 10:21 pm

Boogie! wrote:
Patman wrote:

The internet brings out the most extreme minds and is not a reflection of the balance in outside society in any way. Most racism i see these days is on public transit and its almost always someone who is severely mentally ill and truly not ok in the head.

Bias exists for any race or culture ans always will but vile racism is not the issue the internet makes it out to be in today's regular society.

Never the less the poster should have been scolded for their post as it needs to be called out for the stupidity it is every time.
Sakkreth
Starter
And1: 3,404

Post#224 » by Sakkreth » Mon May 20, 2019 10:21 pm

Just play McCaw. FVV proved too many times that he's unplayable these playoffs,
Boogie!
RealGM

Post#225 » by Boogie! » Mon May 20, 2019 10:23 pm

Patman wrote:
Boogie! wrote:
Patman wrote:

I get it. I'm Asian.

I don't want to drive too deep into a racial discussion, but a lot of the "outrage" against black racism is superficial. There is still deep-rooted, systemic racism against black folks, especially in America.

I'm not really tryinf to get into a political discussion about racism, I'm just pointing out that I truly believe that racism is part of the reason people still don't like Lin whether they admit it or not. Maybe it's not blatant in the sense That they don't like Asians in general, but the perception that he's not a good basketball player and not better than players who are basically out there proving how much they Suck, comes fron something other than just basketball. I wish I was wrong. Even Barkley threw a little jab at nurse/fvv suggesting Lin should get minutes. Objextively speaking, fvv has been so bad that no other player should be overlooked when talking about replacing him.
mdenny wrote:In anycase....Masai is probably gonna make Fred the first active player/head coach in franchise history now that Nurse is out of the way. That's been the plan all along.
Patman
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23,410

Post#226 » by Patman » Mon May 20, 2019 10:27 pm

Boogie! wrote:
Patman wrote:
Boogie! wrote:

I get it. I'm Asian.

I'm not really tryinf to get into a political discussion about racism, I'm just pointing out that I truly believe that racism is part of the reason people still don't like Lin whether they admit it or not. Maybe it's not blatant in the sense That they don't like Asians in general, but the perception that he's not a good basketball player and not better than players who are basically out there proving how much they Suck, comes fron something other than just basketball. I wish I was wrong.

You might be correct there. It's the same way how white players are "deceptively athletic" instead of just "athletic", or how smart black QB's have "good reflexes" instead of just being intelligent players.
PearJordan
Ballboy
And1: 74

Post#227 » by PearJordan » Mon May 20, 2019 10:29 pm

spre8well wrote:Don’t forget Masai brought Lin on board. He had a vision and Lin is part of it. You’re going to give him 0 meaningful minutes because he was bad in the regular season? How good was Gasol in the regular season? Another player who got here late and needed to adjust.

Worst of all, Nurse is playing a midget who shoots 20% in the playoffs? Who was good in the “regular season” Lol. I don’t expect Nurse to play Lin at this point because he’ll be exposing himself for playing FVV so much. Even if Lin scored 1 basket and 1 assist in 10 mins. That’s better than VV’s production.

Gasol was consistently a positive in the +/- category in the reg season while Lin was a negative.
LoveMyRaps
RealGM
And1: 42,871

Post#228 » by LoveMyRaps » Mon May 20, 2019 10:30 pm

I'd rather play Jordan Lloyd over both these guys.
In Masai We Trust :meditate:
AreBe
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,472

Post#229 » by AreBe » Mon May 20, 2019 10:30 pm

Lin over FVV?
Linsane.
For anyone who wants Lin over FVV, can I recommend trying heavy drinking?Image
Holy Moses! Take a look! Flesh decayed in every nook! Some rare bits of brain lie here, Mortal loads of beef and beer. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amanda_McKittrick_Ros
Live Free
General Manager
And1: 2,836

Post#230 » by Live Free » Mon May 20, 2019 10:49 pm

Lin had his chance to prove he can be a spark plug and he was abysmal.. wasn't he like 1/24 from three? FVV is cold but I still trust him way more than JLin
steady
Veteran
And1: 1,351

Post#231 » by steady » Mon May 20, 2019 10:55 pm

PearJordan wrote:
spre8well wrote:Don’t forget Masai brought Lin on board. He had a vision and Lin is part of it. You’re going to give him 0 meaningful minutes because he was bad in the regular season? How good was Gasol in the regular season? Another player who got here late and needed to adjust.

Worst of all, Nurse is playing a midget who shoots 20% in the playoffs? Who was good in the “regular season” Lol. I don’t expect Nurse to play Lin at this point because he’ll be exposing himself for playing FVV so much. Even if Lin scored 1 basket and 1 assist in 10 mins. That’s better than VV’s production.

Gasol was consistently a positive in the +/- category in the reg season while Lin was a negative.

Gasol played more often with starters. Lin has a positive +/- when he was on the court for example with Kawhi. For the 100 minutes of both KL2 and Lin being on court this season, the team was + 15.

He also had fewer playmakers next to him. He was often trying to create offense for himself and McCaw, OG, Ibaka. I’m not trying to make excuses for him because he was legitimately terrible but i think he does deserve a little benefit of doubt that he could be better in playoffs playing next to better players,

But the most important thing is to give FVV Less significant playing time. There are different options for doing that - it doesn’t have to be Lin
team edward
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,981

Post#232 » by team edward » Mon May 20, 2019 11:04 pm

poomaster wrote:I don't understand why Nurse is obsessed with playing FVV no matter what.

He has been awful, beyond awful, unplayable.

Just let Pascal and Kawhi bring the ball up the floor or even Norm while Lowry catches a breather.

Let Norm take Lowry's backup minutes and let Pascal / Kawhi be the initiators. I don't understand why Nurse refuses to do this, he is a coach, this should be staring at him in the face.
norm can’t handle the ball properly and fouled out anyway, and pascal is an opportunistic ball handler. Kawhi can but the man does enough already without making him the point guard.

I mean, if someone else was hitting shots, then yeah maybe you think about something. Like if green was going 5-8 from 3 and norm didn’t foul out then you do something.

As far as playmaming gasol has some slick plays as point center. Wouldn’t mind seeing some more of that.
Johnwick4ever
Sophomore
And1: 72

Post#233 » by Johnwick4ever » Mon May 20, 2019 11:08 pm

I don't get it, Nurse should play Lin for few mins, no matter what happen, he still the winner.
1. Lin sux again, Nurse prove that keep playing FVV is the right decision.
2. Lin Play good, Nurse prove that he made the right decision by play Lin.

is it too hard to understand?
Boogie!
RealGM

Post#234 » by Boogie! » Mon May 20, 2019 11:11 pm

Live Free wrote:Lin had his chance to prove he can be a spark plug and he was abysmal.. wasn't he like 1/24 from three? FVV is cold but I still trust him way more than JLin

Yeah fvv is just cold. There's nothing about his game and skillset that's preventing him from consistently sucking. It's just bad luck.
Clutch0z24
General Manager
And1: 8,020

Post#235 » by Clutch0z24 » Mon May 20, 2019 11:16 pm

You have to try it...Nurse won't....I mean Lin has legit experience as a Starter in the NBA ....Sure he wasn't the best in that role but to treat him like a bench warmer under Jodie Meeks even is dumb af....Give Lin a chance especially when FVV is playing the worst of thee worst....Nurse is not a good coach at all
PearJordan
Ballboy
And1: 74

Post#236 » by PearJordan » Tue May 21, 2019 12:57 am

steady wrote:
PearJordan wrote:

Gasol played more often with starters. Lin has a positive +/- when he was on the court for example with Kawhi. For the 100 minutes of both KL2 and Lin being on court this season, the team was + 15.

He also had fewer playmakers next to him. He was often trying to create offense for himself and McCaw, OG, Ibaka. I’m not trying to make excuses for him because he was legitimately terrible but i think he does deserve a little benefit of doubt that he could be better in playoffs playing next to better players,

But the most important thing is to give FVV Less significant playing time. There are different options for doing that - it doesn’t have to be Lin

Are there any players on the team in negative territory while being on the court at the same time as Kawhi?
Waylanderz
Veteran
And1: 6,241

Post#237 » by Waylanderz » Tue May 21, 2019 1:01 am

Sakkreth wrote:Just play McCaw. FVV proved too many times that he's unplayable these playoffs,

Easier said than done.

Read on Twitter
Zeno
RealGM
And1: 19,781

Post#238 » by Zeno » Tue May 21, 2019 1:02 am

LoveMyRaps wrote:I'd rather play Jordan Lloyd over both these guys.

I'm fairly certain he is not even on the roster. I don't think his two way was converted, was it? Just a guy with great seats right now.

Sakkreth wrote:Just play McCaw. FVV proved too many times that he's unplayable these playoffs,

Away from team for personal reason since game 7 against Philly.

The choice is really, no back up point guard or Lin. That's all there is.
When will we just change the name of 25 of the 30 teams to the Washington Generals?

Please advise….

Dan G.
13th Man
General Manager
And1: 6,117

Post#239 » by 13th Man » Tue May 21, 2019 1:10 am

Live Free wrote:Lin had his chance to prove he can be a spark plug and he was abysmal.. wasn't he like 1/24 from three? FVV is cold but I still trust him way more than JLin

Lin has had zero meaningful minutes in the playoffs.

Cold is an understatement. What would you rather have, abysmal stats during the regular season or abysmal stats during the playoffs?
Boardbreaker
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,880

Post#240 » by Boardbreaker » Tue May 21, 2019 1:16 am

13th Man wrote:

Lin has had zero meaningful minutes in the playoffs.

Cold is an understatement. What would you rather have, abysmal stats during the regular season or abysmal stats during the playoffs?

Fred’s been consistently bad. I’d rather roll with the unknown with Lin and see what he has to offer. If he’s worse than Fred (which is hard to envision) then sure put Fred back in.

Return to Toronto Raptors