ImageImageImageImageImage

2019 Off-Season: Draft, Trades, and FA Ideas Thread

Moderators: Yuri Vaultin, Morris_Shatford, Duffman100, Rhettmatic, Alfred, DG88, Patman, pbj

Raptorfan2012
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,293
And1: 2,529
Joined: Mar 25, 2012

Re: 2019 Off-Season: Draft, Trades, and FA Ideas Thread 

Post#1761 » by Raptorfan2012 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:39 pm

Asif16 wrote:Which potential All-Stars might become available at the Trade-deadline?

I heard someone on twitter say that if the Spurs fall behind before the All-Star Break....Demar might actually become available.

Not that I'm saying that we should get him. Just an example


Basically you are looking at key players off fringe playoff teams who are on long term deals- Love, Blake Griffin, Wiggins etc. Seems like the Wizards are stubborn on keeping Beal. I can see Masai making a play on Danilo (will take Ibaka though to match salaries), but more likely come next summer during FA.
Raptorfan2012
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,293
And1: 2,529
Joined: Mar 25, 2012

Re: 2019 Off-Season: Draft, Trades, and FA Ideas Thread 

Post#1762 » by Raptorfan2012 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:42 pm

Rapsfan07 wrote:
LBJKB24MJ23 wrote:
HeadtopChunes wrote:
Beal is one, Westbrook if his Houston pairing doesn’t work, Blake if the pistons suck also Drummond,Dlo if he doesn’t fit, Kevin Love probably

Those are the only ones that come to mind rn


Beal
Westbrook or/and Capela?
Griffin
Love
Conley?



non all stars but might peak interest:

Aaron Gordon/ Fultz?
Wiggins
Harrison Barnes
James Johnson
Chandler Parsons
Gorgui Dieng
Solomon Hill
Reggie Jackson
Otto Porter

this offseason sucks - so a trade might be even more realisitic for Masai to make a splash.

Or give all the current players 1 year contract to bridge to 2021. I don't see him busting out LT term contracts + taking on LT contracts this year unless that player is an >= allstar level player



Yeah the thing is - I don't think we have the value right now to acquire an all-star without
a) moving some combination of Siakam, OG and future picks
b) some all-star dropping so far in value that someone is going to undersell them.

I imagine Love will be the first on the block... Cavs are likely a lotto team this year and have nothing to gain by hanging on to an aging Love. May as well move him for whatever you can get right now.

We simply can't afford Westbrook and/or Capela.

Wouldn't mind Griffin in a vacuum but that contact is long, expensive, he's pretty oft injured and not good enough to be the main guy on a championship team. Even if we was, we'd have to move a lot of depth in order to facilitate a deal.

Would absolutely love Beal but it isn't happening without Siakim and its kinda pointless if we have to give him up to get Beal.

No point to Conley. Him and Lowry are approximately the same age and we don't gain anything by replacing one with the other.

I wouldn't mind Barnes though. Not an all-star but a kind of do it all SF. Shoots, rebounds, average defensively, locked up long-term and he's not old either. I don't know if the Kings would move him or what it would cost but I wouldn't be against getting him if we could get him on the cheap.

One guy who could be available too is Jrue Holiday. If I'm the Pels, I'd cash in on him while he still has value. They're going young anyway, might as well move Holiday for top dollar. I would absolutely love him on this team.


Jrue Holiday shares the same agent as guys like Jodie Meeks, Devin Robinson, and Cam Payne, which makes you wonder why Masai has been signing those guys.. I can definitely see Masai targeting Jrue as a potential replacement for Lowry.
TheAlchemist
Head Coach
Posts: 6,948
And1: 6,618
Joined: Apr 06, 2010
   

Re: 2019 Off-Season: Draft, Trades, and FA Ideas Thread 

Post#1763 » by TheAlchemist » Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:28 pm

Raptorfan2012 wrote:
Rapsfan07 wrote:
LBJKB24MJ23 wrote:
Beal
Westbrook or/and Capela?
Griffin
Love
Conley?



non all stars but might peak interest:

Aaron Gordon/ Fultz?
Wiggins
Harrison Barnes
James Johnson
Chandler Parsons
Gorgui Dieng
Solomon Hill
Reggie Jackson
Otto Porter

this offseason sucks - so a trade might be even more realisitic for Masai to make a splash.

Or give all the current players 1 year contract to bridge to 2021. I don't see him busting out LT term contracts + taking on LT contracts this year unless that player is an >= allstar level player



Yeah the thing is - I don't think we have the value right now to acquire an all-star without
a) moving some combination of Siakam, OG and future picks
b) some all-star dropping so far in value that someone is going to undersell them.

I imagine Love will be the first on the block... Cavs are likely a lotto team this year and have nothing to gain by hanging on to an aging Love. May as well move him for whatever you can get right now.

We simply can't afford Westbrook and/or Capela.

Wouldn't mind Griffin in a vacuum but that contact is long, expensive, he's pretty oft injured and not good enough to be the main guy on a championship team. Even if we was, we'd have to move a lot of depth in order to facilitate a deal.

Would absolutely love Beal but it isn't happening without Siakim and its kinda pointless if we have to give him up to get Beal.

No point to Conley. Him and Lowry are approximately the same age and we don't gain anything by replacing one with the other.

I wouldn't mind Barnes though. Not an all-star but a kind of do it all SF. Shoots, rebounds, average defensively, locked up long-term and he's not old either. I don't know if the Kings would move him or what it would cost but I wouldn't be against getting him if we could get him on the cheap.

One guy who could be available too is Jrue Holiday. If I'm the Pels, I'd cash in on him while he still has value. They're going young anyway, might as well move Holiday for top dollar. I would absolutely love him on this team.


Jrue Holiday shares the same agent as guys like Jodie Meeks, Devin Robinson, and Cam Payne, which makes you wonder why Masai has been signing those guys.. I can definitely see Masai targeting Jrue as a potential replacement for Lowry.


Jrue, Harrison Barnes and Blake Griffin in that order.

Turning Lowry and Ibaka into Jrue and Harrison Barnes, is an INSTANT win for us.

The contract for Barnes is hardcore, but I'd go with it.

I realized with the Warriors winning and teams like the Kobe's Lakers and Pierces Celtics, that you actually don't need a top flight Small forward to win.

What you do need is an adequate top 20, especially defensively, small forward, with all-stars at different spots.

A team of ;

Jrue
Powell
Barnes
Siakim
Gasol

Is perhaps top 4 in the conference for the next few years. If Jrue plays to his career potential, we're in good hands.

Conversely, if we trade some of the younger guys like OG, Powell, and FVV for Jrue, I'd really love to keep Lowry and Gasol.

We'd most likely be better.
TheAlchemist
Head Coach
Posts: 6,948
And1: 6,618
Joined: Apr 06, 2010
   

Re: 2019 Off-Season: Draft, Trades, and FA Ideas Thread 

Post#1764 » by TheAlchemist » Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:30 pm

I just looked at the trade checker, and a trade of FVV, OG and Powell , can nab us Jrue.

I'd do it in a heartbeat. New Orleans wants to make Jrue their "Steve Nash", so he'll be costly to get.

Lowry
Jrue
Stanley Johnson
Siakim
Gasol

and Swing a trade of Ibaka's expiring for either Barnes or Gallo.

That's a team I think can go toe to toe with Philly or Miluwake.
Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 17,659
And1: 2,014
Joined: Dec 29, 2005
Location: Jurassic Park
         

Re: 2019 Off-Season: Draft, Trades, and FA Ideas Thread 

Post#1765 » by Mr Swagtastic » Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:15 am

Rapsfan07 wrote:I wonder if the Thunder would be willing to do a Ibaka for Gallo swap.

I love Ibaka... I thought he rejuvenated his career and overall trade value with his performance last season, especially in the playoffs. Gallo is oft injured and expiring this year as well, same as Ibaka.

Lowry, Powell, Gallo, SIakam, Gasol is still a top 4 seed in the East this year. Plus we still have FVV, OG, RHJ and the rest on our bench

Granted this deal doesn't do much for our future but unless there's someone out there willing to give young players and/or picks for our expiring vets, these kinds of deals are likely as good as its going to get.

Maybe something like Ibaka + McCaw/S. Johnson for Gallo + Noel?

Lowry/Powell/Gallo/Siakam/Gasol
FVV/McCaw/OG/RHJ/Noel
Gallo isn't a SF anymore he's too slow, look at the numbers he spent at the three it's less then a hour I bet. He's a PF now
Lord Leoshes wrote:i personally would rather keep Chalmers over Lowry
TheAlchemist
Head Coach
Posts: 6,948
And1: 6,618
Joined: Apr 06, 2010
   

Re: 2019 Off-Season: Draft, Trades, and FA Ideas Thread 

Post#1766 » by TheAlchemist » Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:11 am

Was thinking that a good trade candidate might just be Andre Igoudala.

He'd fit perfectly with our team and fill a need. Wonder what wed trade to get him.
User avatar
Red_Claw
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,678
And1: 7,125
Joined: May 31, 2012
Location: Edmonton
       

Re: 2019 Off-Season: Draft, Trades, and FA Ideas Thread 

Post#1767 » by Red_Claw » Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:25 pm

TheAlchemist wrote:Was thinking that a good trade candidate might just be Andre Igoudala.

He'd fit perfectly with our team and fill a need. Wonder what wed trade to get him.


We need to get younger, not older.

Iggy isin't the final piece to our defending championship so why trade for him?
TheAlchemist
Head Coach
Posts: 6,948
And1: 6,618
Joined: Apr 06, 2010
   

Re: 2019 Off-Season: Draft, Trades, and FA Ideas Thread 

Post#1768 » by TheAlchemist » Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:22 pm

Red_Claw wrote:
TheAlchemist wrote:Was thinking that a good trade candidate might just be Andre Igoudala.

He'd fit perfectly with our team and fill a need. Wonder what wed trade to get him.


We need to get younger, not older.

Iggy isin't the final piece to our defending championship so why trade for him?


He's a one year gap filler.

I think what I've learnt most from the Kawhi situation is that a championship team needs a DOMINANT offensive option or two, but it doesn't have to be at the Small Forward position (would definitely help).

What is a essential requirement is first rate defense from that position.

The teams that have won without a superstar Small Forward in the lat decade - decade and a half, won with stellar defense at that spot with amazing offensive options elsewhere.

Dallas in 2011 had Shawn Marion
Lakers in 2009 and 2010 had Ron Artest (with Kobe obviously as the shooting guard)
Spurs in 2007 and 2005 had Bruce Bowen, Jackson, and Horry
Heat in 2006 had James Posey
Detroit in 2004 had Tayshaun Prince

And of course the Warriors Pre-Durant had Igoudala.

I think Pascal is a great offensive option, we need a guy or two that are as good as him in different spots (SG,PG,Center) with a top 3 defensive guy at the 3 spot.

That's IF we go the route of building without a star/superstar swing (which in todays day is a unicorn to get).

The reason to trade for Igoudala might just be to get at least 60-70% of what Kawhi gave defensively (maybe more since Kawhi dominated offensively more in the playoffs), while having others pick up the buckets in an motion offense.

He's clearly not what you build around, but if we're building and not trading away our vets for picks, it's essential.

That's what I'm thinking Masai is doing here anyways, with RHJ, Stanley, and OG. He's going the young route though.
User avatar
Asif16
RealGM
Posts: 16,046
And1: 23,658
Joined: Feb 03, 2013
     

Re: 2019 Off-Season: Draft, Trades, and FA Ideas Thread 

Post#1769 » by Asif16 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:14 pm

Hypothetical....If Demar Becomes available at the Trade deadline...would we have an interest?

One of the biggest complaints when he was here is that we could not find that "3rd Option"...to go along with Lowry/Demar core.

If Siakam develops into the player he can be....would a Lowry/Demar/Siakam/Gasol be good enough to possibly challenge the East again?

Dont kill me or anything on this idea. I'm just rambling on a message board
Raptorfan2012
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,293
And1: 2,529
Joined: Mar 25, 2012

Re: 2019 Off-Season: Draft, Trades, and FA Ideas Thread 

Post#1770 » by Raptorfan2012 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:18 pm

TheAlchemist wrote:Was thinking that a good trade candidate might just be Andre Igoudala.

He'd fit perfectly with our team and fill a need. Wonder what wed trade to get him.


Iggy makes around $11 mill a year, so unless the Grizz want Norm, I don't see a trade that makes sense. More likely Iggy will be bought out mid season (but don't think he will come here).
Raptorfan2012
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,293
And1: 2,529
Joined: Mar 25, 2012

Re: 2019 Off-Season: Draft, Trades, and FA Ideas Thread 

Post#1771 » by Raptorfan2012 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:19 pm

Asif16 wrote:Hypothetical....If Demar Becomes available at the Trade deadline...would we have an interest?

One of the biggest complaints when he was here is that we could not find that "3rd Option"...to go along with Lowry/Demar core.

If Siakam develops into the player he can be....would a Lowry/Demar/Siakam/Gasol be good enough to possibly challenge the East again?

Dont kill me or anything on this idea. I'm just rambling on a message board


I rather focus on getting guys like Jrue Holiday than revisit Demar.
User avatar
bape_lovers
RealGM
Posts: 17,086
And1: 13,572
Joined: Oct 28, 2010
Location: 6ix side
 

Re: 2019 Off-Season: Draft, Trades, and FA Ideas Thread 

Post#1772 » by bape_lovers » Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:27 pm

rather get Melo tbh

Asif16 wrote:Hypothetical....If Demar Becomes available at the Trade deadline...would we have an interest?

One of the biggest complaints when he was here is that we could not find that "3rd Option"...to go along with Lowry/Demar core.

If Siakam develops into the player he can be....would a Lowry/Demar/Siakam/Gasol be good enough to possibly challenge the East again?

Dont kill me or anything on this idea. I'm just rambling on a message board
Image

Credit to JaysRule, Detective
User avatar
Asif16
RealGM
Posts: 16,046
And1: 23,658
Joined: Feb 03, 2013
     

Re: 2019 Off-Season: Draft, Trades, and FA Ideas Thread 

Post#1773 » by Asif16 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:30 pm

Raptorfan2012 wrote:
Asif16 wrote:Hypothetical....If Demar Becomes available at the Trade deadline...would we have an interest?

One of the biggest complaints when he was here is that we could not find that "3rd Option"...to go along with Lowry/Demar core.

If Siakam develops into the player he can be....would a Lowry/Demar/Siakam/Gasol be good enough to possibly challenge the East again?

Dont kill me or anything on this idea. I'm just rambling on a message board


I rather focus on getting guys like Jrue Holiday than revisit Demar.


Holiday's contract run through 2022. Demar contact runs our 2020, so it matches up with Masai's plans for keeping the books open past 2020.

But I agree Holiday is a far better target
User avatar
HeadtopChunes
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,298
And1: 7,658
Joined: Apr 04, 2017

Re: 2019 Off-Season: Draft, Trades, and FA Ideas Thread 

Post#1774 » by HeadtopChunes » Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:12 pm

Id be interested in targeting a guy like Josh Hart

He under-performed last season due to injury but is a ultra competitive do it all guard & and his value is probably dirt cheap (maybe a couple 2nds?)



Rapsfan07
General Manager
Posts: 9,704
And1: 2,427
Joined: Nov 19, 2010
 

Re: 2019 Off-Season: Draft, Trades, and FA Ideas Thread 

Post#1775 » by Rapsfan07 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:53 pm

TheAlchemist wrote:I just looked at the trade checker, and a trade of FVV, OG and Powell , can nab us Jrue.

I'd do it in a heartbeat. New Orleans wants to make Jrue their "Steve Nash", so he'll be costly to get.

Lowry
Jrue
Stanley Johnson
Siakim
Gasol

and Swing a trade of Ibaka's expiring for either Barnes or Gallo.

That's a team I think can go toe to toe with Philly or Miluwake.


I actually would like to somehow get Barnes AND Jrue. The only issue is we don't have the value to make it happen and even if we did, Jrue and Barnes are not good enough for us to get away with us sacrificing serious depth to acquire them and still win.

If something can be worked out for Gasol and Lowry where they're traded and bought out, then maybe we can get some smaller more usable long term deals in exchange? I don't know
Image
DreamTeam09
General Manager
Posts: 8,935
And1: 3,657
Joined: Jan 06, 2009
Location: Scarborough
 

Re: 2019 Off-Season: Draft, Trades, and FA Ideas Thread 

Post#1776 » by DreamTeam09 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:46 pm

ummm I'm not giving all that up for Jrue Holiday, nor do I think Jrue Holiday is a better scorer than Demar.

FVV norm + og for Jrue holiday, umm yeah i'll pass and I like Jrue. Is holiday better than Lowry?? I unno about that 1. Ya'all are talking trading for holiday and barnes, yikes.

Like I wouldn't mind either of those guys, but not at the salary matching needed to get that done.
Image

In Raptor Ball I Trust
TheAlchemist
Head Coach
Posts: 6,948
And1: 6,618
Joined: Apr 06, 2010
   

Re: 2019 Off-Season: Draft, Trades, and FA Ideas Thread 

Post#1777 » by TheAlchemist » Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:09 pm

DreamTeam09 wrote:ummm I'm not giving all that up for Jrue Holiday, nor do I think Jrue Holiday is a better scorer than Demar.

FVV norm + og for Jrue holiday, umm yeah i'll pass and I like Jrue. Is holiday better than Lowry?? I unno about that 1. Ya'all are talking trading for holiday and barnes, yikes.

Like I wouldn't mind either of those guys, but not at the salary matching needed to get that done.


Holiday has a much better 3 point shot then DeMar, has been definitely creating more offense with his assist total almost league high and he can create his shot better due to the shooting and athletic ability he has.

Oh ya, and he's one of the best perimeter defenders in the whole league. The other side of the ball that equally matters.
User avatar
Syd-TK3
General Manager
Posts: 7,659
And1: 8,260
Joined: Jun 07, 2015
 

Re: 2019 Off-Season: Draft, Trades, and FA Ideas Thread 

Post#1778 » by Syd-TK3 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:21 pm

I think it's more likely that we are "Sellers" and not "Buyers". It doesn't make much sense to go after semi stars unless siakam looks like a true superstar. The only person imo we would go for is Beal
Image
YelloC
Starter
Posts: 2,127
And1: 3,007
Joined: Apr 19, 2018
     

Re: 2019 Off-Season: Draft, Trades, and FA Ideas Thread 

Post#1779 » by YelloC » Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:41 pm

I’m thinking that the Bulls and Knicks are the most likely trade partners. Knicks have a full roster of PFs so if Spicy slides over to SF they would be a good match for trade.
The Bulls have some vets at positions that could block the young guys development. Young, Otto and Dunn are the targets that could fit the Raptors. Young and Otto are quite similar from a skill perspective so it seems likely that one of if not both would be on the block.
DreamTeam09
General Manager
Posts: 8,935
And1: 3,657
Joined: Jan 06, 2009
Location: Scarborough
 

Re: 2019 Off-Season: Draft, Trades, and FA Ideas Thread 

Post#1780 » by DreamTeam09 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:52 pm

TheAlchemist wrote:
DreamTeam09 wrote:ummm I'm not giving all that up for Jrue Holiday, nor do I think Jrue Holiday is a better scorer than Demar.

FVV norm + og for Jrue holiday, umm yeah i'll pass and I like Jrue. Is holiday better than Lowry?? I unno about that 1. Ya'all are talking trading for holiday and barnes, yikes.

Like I wouldn't mind either of those guys, but not at the salary matching needed to get that done.


Holiday has a much better 3 point shot then DeMar, has been definitely creating more offense with his assist total almost league high and he can create his shot better due to the shooting and athletic ability he has.

Oh ya, and he's one of the best perimeter defenders in the whole league. The other side of the ball that equally matters.


Demar is like top 7 in scoring over this last decade, Jrue holiday is not a better bucket getter compared to DeMar even with his vastly superior 3pt %s. Ino you guys don't like iso ball, but come playoff time, someone has to get those tough buckets.

I'm not hating on Jrue, great player, but not at the cost he'll require. I'd much rather roll with our depth then squander depth for Jrue
Image

In Raptor Ball I Trust

Return to Toronto Raptors