ImageImageImageImageImage

2019 Off-Season: Draft, Trades, and FA Ideas Thread

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

DreamTeam09
RealGM
And1: 8,572

Re: 2019 Off-Season: Draft, Trades, and FA Ideas Thread 

Post#1781 » by DreamTeam09 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:55 pm

Aaron Gordon is the guy I want out there with Pascal somehow, but on the wings. Both of them could play the 3/4 spot. Ino neither of them are the knock down shooters but that can be addressed at the 1,2 and 5 spots.

I just wanna see Pascal and AG running the breaks and on the wings

In Raptor Ball I Trust
Dalek
RealGM
And1: 9,216

Post#1782 » by Dalek » Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:15 am

The guy I would love Toronto to target is Nickeil Alexander-Walker. New Orleans has Jrue ahead of him, but this guy is going to be special. Still remember his SL performance.

Read on Twitter

Trading one of our amazing vets for contracts and NAW would be a good get.

Maybe they dump Favors and NAW for Ibaka and a second.
TheBoi10
General Manager
And1: 11,891

Post#1783 » by TheBoi10 » Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:10 am

DreamTeam09 wrote:Aaron Gordon is the guy I want out there with Pascal somehow, but on the wings. Both of them could play the 3/4 spot. Ino neither of them are the knock down shooters but that can be addressed at the 1,2 and 5 spots.

That'd be great, AG has alot of untapped potential imo.
alan_156
Senior
And1: 755

Post#1784 » by alan_156 » Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:13 am

Sign Joakim Noah already. We need another veteran big who can rebound and hussle on defense. He would be a big plus if one of our bigs go down.
Raptorfan2012
Head Coach
And1: 4,260

Post#1785 » by Raptorfan2012 » Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:45 pm

alan_156 wrote:Sign Joakim Noah already. We need another veteran big who can rebound and hussle on defense. He would be a big plus if one of our bigs go down.

Agree. We really need a back up C (especially if we are going with a potential Gasol, Ibaka, Pascal front court). Dewan is not ready yet, and Boucher is more of a forward IMO. Noah is still serviceable.
gerrit4
Head Coach
And1: 3,195

Post#1786 » by gerrit4 » Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:27 pm

DreamTeam09 wrote:Aaron Gordon is the guy I want out there with Pascal somehow, but on the wings. Both of them could play the 3/4 spot. Ino neither of them are the knock down shooters but that can be addressed at the 1,2 and 5 spots.

I agree, but he was probably the most impressive Magic player in the first round. He looked really good - I don’t see them trading him any time soon unless the package is amazing.
Rapsfan07
RealGM
And1: 5,434

Post#1787 » by Rapsfan07 » Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:50 pm

Raptorfan2012 wrote:
alan_156 wrote:Sign Joakim Noah already. We need another veteran big who can rebound and hussle on defense. He would be a big plus if one of our bigs go down.

Agree. We really need a back up C (especially if we are going with a potential Gasol, Ibaka, Pascal front court). Dewan is not ready yet, and Boucher is more of a forward IMO. Noah is still serviceable.

Yeah I think Noah just to warm the bench and play a few minutes here or there would be a useful pick up for us.
LBJKB24MJ23
RealGM
And1: 21,171

Post#1788 » by LBJKB24MJ23 » Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:17 pm

Raptorfan2012 wrote:

na, no point in signing Noah. Raptors all about contribution and development of their young players.

Raptors already have their starting 5 (whoever the SG is) + a coach who will play his young players.

we already complain that Boucher doesn't get enough PT (for whatever reason - and plus I still don't know if he's ready to be a full time player in the L)
raf1995 wrote:I just don’t think he has that kind of potential. I think we will regret not trading him for a haul in a few years when he’s a mid-tier starter with nice playmaking and defense and a shaky jumper.
Rapsfan07
RealGM
And1: 5,434

Post#1789 » by Rapsfan07 » Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:20 pm

LBJKB24MJ23 wrote:
Raptorfan2012 wrote:

na, no point in signing Noah. Raptors all about contribution and development of their young players.

Raptors already have their starting 5 (whoever the SG is) + a coach who will play his young players.

we already complain that Boucher doesn't get enough PT (for whatever reason - and plus I still don't know if he's ready to be a full time player in the L)

Well that just it right? No one knows if Boucher is a ready to be a full time player. Sign Noah if he's willing to come in and play a very reduced role. That way if Boucher pans out, we play him and Noah knows what he signed up for and if Boucher doesn't work out then we have Noah in case of injuries/trades to Gasol or Ibaka.
LBJKB24MJ23
RealGM
And1: 21,171

Post#1790 » by LBJKB24MJ23 » Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:25 pm

Rapsfan07 wrote:
LBJKB24MJ23 wrote:
Raptorfan2012 wrote:

Well that just it right? No one knows if Boucher is a ready to be a full time player. Sign Noah if he's willing to come in and play a very reduced role. That way if Boucher pans out, we play him and Noah knows what he signed up for and if Boucher doesn't work out then we have Noah in case of injuries/trades to Gasol or Ibaka.

We also have Sagaba and Dewan + small ball bigs in Rondae + Devin Robinson in the camp as well.

Raps don't need Noah and Noah doesn't need us (to play a small role).

Raptors lived with Monroe and Moreland during the year. With Ibaka and JV/Gasol. Raptors are fine in the bigs department. Raptors play small ball for most of the year anyways.
raf1995 wrote:I just don’t think he has that kind of potential. I think we will regret not trading him for a haul in a few years when he’s a mid-tier starter with nice playmaking and defense and a shaky jumper.
TheAlchemist
General Manager
And1: 8,235

Post#1791 » by TheAlchemist » Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:57 am

TheBoi10 wrote:

I literally came on hair to write the same thing about Aaron Gordon.

I think I think we can get him too.
YelloC
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,489

Post#1792 » by YelloC » Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:59 am

LBJKB24MJ23 wrote:
Rapsfan07 wrote:
LBJKB24MJ23 wrote:

We also have Sagaba and Dewan + small ball bigs in Rondae + Devin Robinson in the camp as well.

Raps don't need Noah and Noah doesn't need us (to play a small role).

Raptors lived with Monroe and Moreland during the year. With Ibaka and JV/Gasol. Raptors are fine in the bigs department. Raptors play small ball for most of the year anyways.

I can’t wait for the death lineup that has Gasol, Sagaba, Spicy, OG and McCaw. Mix in some Dewan, Boucher, Serge, TD, Powell. This team is full of lengthy defenders. If for example Boucher and OG improve slightly and everyone else plays the same, that would put us in the top 4 in the east. Raptors could try to mimic the bench mob when they were an x-factor.
Red_Claw
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,646

Post#1793 » by Red_Claw » Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:01 am

TheAlchemist wrote:
TheBoi10 wrote:

Aaron Gordon: 0% @ SF / 66% @ PF / 0% @ C
Pascal Siakam: 0% @ SF / 58% @ PF / 5% @ C

Explain this.
TheBoi10
General Manager
And1: 11,891

Post#1794 » by TheBoi10 » Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:51 am

TheAlchemist wrote:
TheBoi10 wrote:

FVV + OG should do it
HeadtopChunes
Head Coach
And1: 10,224

Post#1795 » by HeadtopChunes » Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:15 pm

TheBoi10 wrote:
TheAlchemist wrote:
TheBoi10 wrote:

FVV + OG should do it

I don’t think Orlando would take that, one year of Fred is probably not worth it and they already have an extremely similar player to OG in Isaac
TheAlchemist
General Manager
And1: 8,235

Post#1796 » by TheAlchemist » Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:12 pm

HeadtopChunes wrote:
TheBoi10 wrote:
TheAlchemist wrote:

FVV + OG should do it

I don’t think Orlando would take that, one year of Fred is probably not worth it and they already have an extremely similar player to OG in Isaac

I think itd have to be something like Lowry, OG and some 1sts.

They replace DJ with Lowry, have OG play the 3, and have a team that fits way better positionally.

Lowry
Fournier / Ross
OG
Isaac
Vuc / Bamba

If they flip Bamba/Vuc for assets, that's a team I'd take notice.
Mauro Pedrosa
Analyst
And1: 4,387

Post#1797 » by Mauro Pedrosa » Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:00 pm

No disrespect, but there's no way we trade Gordon for anyone not named Siakam. Vuc is the guy that could be had, because he doesn't mesh very well with the Gordon-Isaac tandem.

I wouldn't be surprised to see y'all go for young guys that are more likely to be traded, like Jaylen Brown
LoveMyRaps
RealGM
And1: 42,875

Post#1798 » by LoveMyRaps » Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:34 pm

Dalek wrote:The guy I would love Toronto to target is Nickeil Alexander-Walker. New Orleans has Jrue ahead of him, but this guy is going to be special. Still remember his SL performance.

Read on Twitter

Pels are very high on NAW. I'm pretty certain they'd rather trade Jrue than NAW.
In Masai We Trust :meditate:
LoveMyRaps
RealGM
And1: 42,875

Post#1799 » by LoveMyRaps » Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:35 pm

Every morning I wake up and wish we had Sekou on our team.
Kids gonna be special
In Masai We Trust :meditate:
bballsparkin
RealGM
And1: 7,497

Post#1800 » by bballsparkin » Fri Sep 27, 2019 3:32 am

Dalek wrote:The guy I would love Toronto to target is Nickeil Alexander-Walker. New Orleans has Jrue ahead of him, but this guy is going to be special. Still remember his SL performance.

Read on Twitter

Favors and Ibaka are both expiring I believe. That's a wash IMO. You're trippin. 8-)

Return to Toronto Raptors