ImageImageImageImageImage

2019 Off-Season: Draft, Trades, and FA Ideas Thread

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

NotMyKawhi
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,029

Re: 2019 Off-Season: Draft, Trades, and FA Ideas Thread 

Post#2061 » by NotMyKawhi » Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:22 am

Potential stars on the block are probably coming in the west.

spurs---LA or DD
Blazers-CJ
Warriors-Drussell
Bulls-Lavine
OKC-GAllo
Ell Curry
Head Coach
And1: 1,715

Post#2062 » by Ell Curry » Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:23 am

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/2020-nba-free-agency-top-30-players-available-in-next-years-class-led-by-anthony-davis-demar-derozan-brandon-ingram/

If this list is correct, VanVleet is the best free agent guard this summer when you take into account age. I wonder if Ujiri will try to extend him, maybe with a dip in 2021?

VanVleet-Davis-OG-Siakam-(Center)
(PG) (F) Hernandez
with 2020 and 2021 first rounders on the team

going into 2021 free agency, assuming Norm goes into free agency and extensions for OG and Van Vleet totalling about 40M per year (20M each) would still leave a max slot and some extra cash for a starting big, and defensively that team looks really strong.

If one of the two picks is a rotation quality player we could rebuild well on the fly.
Where's the D?
Rapsfan07
RealGM
And1: 5,428

Post#2063 » by Rapsfan07 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:40 am

Red_Claw wrote:
Spoiler:
Rapsfan07 wrote:
Red_Claw wrote:
You aren't gonna get much more value for an expiring 34 year old. I mean Gasol fits with Boston perfectly. His game is nearly exactly like Horford's but i give the passing to Gasol.

Hayward has a 32.7 mil contract which means we'll need to add salary to make it work. Luckily, we have some deals that we can live without ( ie. McCaw, Johnson, RHJ) to even it out.

Boston has 3 picks next draft: Their own, Milwaukee's and Memphis. Memphis will be in the lottery but you never know. Boston can't draft what so ever so if they feel they have a chance this year and the pick is late lottery, maybe they give up the pick for a "Raptors run". Preferably, id do something like this:

Hayward + Memphis pick ( or Bos and Mil pick)
for
Gasol, Johnson, RHJ

Lowry/FVV/Davis
Powell/McCaw/Thomas
OG/Hayward/Miller
Siakam/Boucher
Serge/Hernandez

Our depth is obviously thinner but with some picks, Masai can work his magic for the next Siakam in the offseason.

I can't see Boston giving up a likely lottery pick for Gasol but I do think we need fair compensation for his value plus the added expense of Hayward's extra year. I'd say Hayward + BOS & MIL 2019 firsts is fair, though Boston might be reluctant to move two picks and depending on what they would substitute one of those pick and/or Hayward's play early on, Masai should be open to negotiating.

Someone proposed an interesting deal somewhere on this forum - Ibaka, Vanvleet for Favors, Moore, Jackson and Walker. That would be amazing and I'd personally add a protected first to make that happen.

Masai would have a young core of OG, Walker, Jackson, Siakam and a pick to rebuild this team. Plus the expiring deals of Lowry and Hayward in the 2021 offseason.

I think its more likely Boston gives up a late lottery pick then New orleans trading Walker. He's got a bright future and they know it. New orleans can sign Serge in the off season if they want him that badly.

You could be right about the way NOLA views Walker...who knows?

But I do know that they have quite a few qualities guys at that SG position. Hart and Redick for sure plus Holiday and Ball will no doubt see some minutes there as well, even if its just spot minutes. As much as I'm sure they like Walker, maybe if they're playing well as the season progress and Ibaka continues to play well too, they might be willing.

Like I said, if it were me, I'd offer a protected first and Vanvleet for that package. That isn't anything to sneeze at either. Idk, just a thought

Return to Toronto Raptors