ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Casual / OT Wasteman Thread '20-21 Season XI

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

Jonas DeRoss
RealGM
And1: 102,548

Re: Official Casual / OT Wasteman Thread '18-19 Season XI 

Post#521 » by Jonas DeRoss » Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:10 am

wish i could get into that discord
Red_Claw
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,646

Post#522 » by Red_Claw » Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:42 am

Raps in 4 wrote:Lol at Don Cherry's latest racist comments. Not sure how this guy is still employed.

I love Don.....when he talks hockey.... but he needs to stop with his old timer views. Hopefully he realizes how ignorant those comments are and learns from it. That being said, I don't believe in firing people for something they can learn from though.
lebron stopper
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 24,049

Post#523 » by lebron stopper » Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:40 pm

kai_bouche wrote:cute

RaptorsNorth
RealGM
And1: 13,757

Post#524 » by RaptorsNorth » Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:12 pm

Red_Claw wrote:
Raps in 4 wrote:Lol at Don Cherry's latest racist comments. Not sure how this guy is still employed.

I love Don.....when he talks hockey.... but he needs to stop with his old timer views. Hopefully he realizes how ignorant those comments are and learns from it. That being said, I don't believe in firing people for something they can learn from though.

The question is what does a immigrant look like to him.. This is what the people that support his idiotic comments don't understand. How did he look at these "you people" and know they were immigrants ? I can walk around this country and I can't point out who's a immigrants and who wasn't born here, and I'm sure nobody else can. I mean my parents are immigrants from
Portugal, but can he tell they're immigrants or a "you people" ? You can go to little Italy, china town, the beaches area where there's a bunch of Greek people and I wouldn't be able to tell they're immigrants from the people that's born here... What they need to ask him is how can he tell an immigrant from a person that's born here to know that it was immigrants he was looking at that didn't have poppies ? This is what makes this dudes comments racist as hell, because you know he's how he came about saying they're "immigrants" a immigrant to him is a non white people person. This is the typical "I'm white so this is my country" bigot mentality. How can he tell they were immigrant from just looking at them to say immigrants don't wear poppies :lol: He thought by saying "immigrants" he could get a pass on the air... People knew what he meant and who those comments were towards. "Immigrants" was just a cover word. Off the air he would have been using racial terms. People that work with these guys know who they are and what they're about. They talk like thats around co workers in a group setting. The people responsible for him being on the air are just as bigoted as cherry because he's been doing this for years.
“Elephant in the room : Nick Thibodeau” Board member seanbig :lol: :lol: :lol:

"THEY'RE SAYING US AND GOLDEN STATE ARE THE SUPER TEAMS" Knicks PG Derrick Rose :lol:
Steelo Green
RealGM
And1: 24,799

Post#525 » by Steelo Green » Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:43 pm

Jonas DeRoss wrote:wish i could get into that discord

I heard you need to sacrifice a child, but that was from that Inevitable guy.
raptorstime
RealGM
And1: 43,280

Post#526 » by raptorstime » Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:19 am

TIRED OF SNOW..... im moving to BC **** this
kai_bouche
Sixth Man
And1: 10,166

Post#527 » by kai_bouche » Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:13 pm

Steelo Green wrote:

Think you just need to pay a one time fee of $60 to DocOc Patron.
Trust me it’s well worth it.
Kingsway_fan wrote:Lol boucher in two minutes.. 2 blocks, 2 pts, 2 ribs, 1 stl
a_child
Pro Prospect
And1: 4,273

Post#528 » by a_child » Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:43 pm

Steelo Green wrote:

please don't kill me
Kabookalu
RealGM
And1: 70,114

Post#529 » by Kabookalu » Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:28 pm

a_child wrote:
Steelo Green wrote:

please don't kill me

Too late, you've already been chosen.

Read on Twitter
13th Man
General Manager
And1: 6,117

Post#530 » by 13th Man » Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:28 pm

RaptorsNorth wrote:
Red_Claw wrote:

The question is what does a immigrant look like to him.. This is what the people that support his idiotic comments don't understand. How did he look at these "you people" and know they were immigrants ? I can walk around this country and I can't point out who's a immigrants and who wasn't born here, and I'm sure nobody else can. I mean my parents are immigrants from
Portugal, but can he tell they're immigrants or a "you people" ? You can go to little Italy, china town, the beaches area where there's a bunch of Greek people and I wouldn't be able to tell they're immigrants from the people that's born here... What they need to ask him is how can he tell an immigrant from a person that's born here to know that it was immigrants he was looking at that didn't have poppies ? This is what makes this dudes comments racist as hell, because you know he's how he came about saying they're "immigrants" a immigrant to him is a non white people person. This is the typical "I'm white so this is my country" bigot mentality. How can he tell they were immigrant from just looking at them to say immigrants don't wear poppies :lol: He thought by saying "immigrants" he could get a pass on the air... People knew what he meant and who those comments were towards. "Immigrants" was just a cover word. Off the air he would have been using racial terms. People that work with these guys know who they are and what they're about. They talk like thats around co workers in a group setting. The people responsible for him being on the air are just as bigoted as cherry because he's been doing this for years.

Totally agree. I have conservative views for the most part but have little tolerance for bigots especially those that express them publicly without apology. Don Cherry reminds me of a former local news radio host Lowell Green, and old-timer who's always bashing immigrants but we know the underlying message which is to bash anybody who is non-white.

There's no place for that in today's society. He can say what he wants without going to jail due to our freedom of speech but is not immune to the consequences. Sportsnet had no choice in the matter to fire him and anybody that defends Don Cherry should be ashamed of themselves imo.

Don Cherry is a proud Canadian but he needs to get with the times and not live from 40 - 50 years ago. Many Immigrants have become proud Canadians too and many Canadian born citizens may look like immigrants but they're not. As many have pointed out, there's no way of Cherry being able to distinguish the immigrants from the non-immigrants so what he said was indeed racist.
Westside Gunn
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,043

Post#531 » by Westside Gunn » Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:51 am

the racist thing is wayy overblown. as someone who has watched HNIC for a long long time, this is how Cherry talks. he will say you to anyone, you hab fans, you new yorkers, you people, you kids etc. he is far from being bigoted and racist.

i thought neo cons and right wingers were **** crazy but the left is also getting to that extreme at this rate. everyones a racist, misogynist, homophobe, nazi, etc. you cant have a conversation anymore in this environment.
i miss the days when the bricks was only nineteeeeeeeen, i need a 100 right now
Rasho Brezec
Knicks Forum Euro Scout
And1: 18,400

Post#532 » by Rasho Brezec » Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:54 pm

Kabookalu wrote:
a_child wrote:
Steelo Green wrote:I heard you need to sacrifice a child, but that was from that Inevitable guy.

please don't kill me

Office Rashida is the cutest Rashida.
Scott Hall
RealGM
And1: 62,604

Post#533 » by Scott Hall » Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:58 pm

Read on Twitter
lolwut
General Manager
And1: 12,909

Post#534 » by lolwut » Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:19 pm

Westside Gunn wrote:the racist thing is wayy overblown. as someone who has watched HNIC for a long long time, this is how Cherry talks. he will say you to anyone, you hab fans, you new yorkers, you people, you kids etc. he is far from being bigoted and racist.

i thought neo cons and right wingers were **** crazy but the left is also getting to that extreme at this rate. everyones a racist, misogynist, homophobe, nazi, etc. you cant have a conversation anymore in this environment.

You don't see the difference between "you immigrants" and "you Habs fans"?
2023-2024 FatherTracker™ - baby raptors looking to be adopted by a warm, loving family man
Scott Hall
RealGM
And1: 62,604

Post#535 » by Scott Hall » Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:30 am

Read on Twitter
raptorstime
RealGM
And1: 43,280

Post#536 » by raptorstime » Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:45 pm

Put on my winter tires today... Monday got me **** up still
will
RealGM
And1: 49,385
Location: Pat's Homestyle Jamaican Restaurant. Shouts to Sheryl's Caribbean Cuisine

Post#537 » by will » Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:40 pm

Kabookalu wrote:
a_child wrote:
Steelo Green wrote:I heard you need to sacrifice a child, but that was from that Inevitable guy.

please don't kill me

Rashida Jones SO SO SO SOooooooooo fine.

She can do the nerdy and sexy vibes.

I'm sprung. BEEN sprung for years.
Patman
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23,409

Post#538 » by Patman » Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:37 am

Westside Gunn wrote:the racist thing is wayy overblown. as someone who has watched HNIC for a long long time, this is how Cherry talks. he will say you to anyone, you hab fans, you new yorkers, you people, you kids etc. he is far from being bigoted and racist.

I don't think it's the same. How does he know by looking at someone not wearing a poppy and know that they're immigrants? I can pretty easily tell who's a kid or not. When he says "New Yorker" for example, he's meaning people currently in a specific geographic area. When he's speaking about fans of a specific team, he's usually talking about people in a specific arena in a specific game. You can also point out a fan if they're wearing that team's gear. There's no immigrant jersey.
Patman
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23,409

Post#539 » by Patman » Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:39 am

will wrote:
Kabookalu wrote:
a_child wrote:please don't kill me

Rashida Jones SO SO SO SOooooooooo fine.

She can do the nerdy and sexy vibes.

I'm sprung. BEEN sprung for years.

She's half-black and half-white. Which half is nerdy and which is sexy, hmmm???

8-) :wink: :D
Mikistan
RealGM
And1: 38,333

Post#540 » by Mikistan » Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:07 pm

**** I forgot my car key in my car at the go train station.... Sweating now... Hopes its still there when the work day ends

Return to Toronto Raptors