ImageImageImageImageImage

Clippers Roster with Kawhi

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

nabbs
RealGM
And1: 19,365

Re: Clippers Roster with Kawhi 

Post#61 » by nabbs » Sun Jul 7, 2019 4:53 pm

My issue is that if they need to bolster depth by the deadline who are they trading? All their picks are gone. Harkless contract?

2018 My Top Guys (no particular order): Doncic, JJJ, Zhaire Smith, Miles Bridges, Knox, Wendell, Bamba, Ayton, Sexton, Brown, Huerter, Okogie, Svi,
Ke-y
Sophomore
And1: 241

Post#62 » by Ke-y » Sun Jul 7, 2019 5:23 pm

KrazyP wrote:
Ke-y wrote:Ppl doubting clips will be eating crow.. kawhi and PG are MJ pip 2.0 - rare duo that's elite on both sides

They already have a solid squad with chemistry and a good coach and system in place.. shamet and harrell are young and up and coming.. beverley is a dog.. zubac is solid young C.. and they still have time to reload before training camp.

also, it's an insane luxury to have lou will as your 3rd best scorer.. he's one of the best scorers in the league!

They will lock you up and get buckets.. they are favs to win chip next yr imo

Jordan and Pippen had point guard type of natural instincts when it came to play making. They could drop 6-7 dimes a game for teammates easy.....when you adjust for pace, they'd probably average 8-9 in today's wide open, free flowing NBA. Niether Kawhi or George have ever displayed this type of play making ability...they are very ISO heavy.

Ball movement, roster depth and spot up 3pt shooting from your role players is important....practically every team thats won in the last decade has had these things whereas the Clippers dont have any of these things.

The NBA will be wide open next year with no clear but favourite....I could see any one of 6-7 different teams winning.

They are not as good as mj and pip but not far from them either.. They are both elite iso scorers (command doubles) who don't dominate the ball like a melo or harden so the "others" won't get frozen out.. Both are ultra competitive and play team ball more than hero ball so I believe that will make it work.

Yes the league has more parity now than in recent memory but I won't bet against kawhi especially when he has a good squad.. What he did with the raps was historic.. If clips load manage and stay healthy I can't see many teams beating them 4 out of 7
gerrit4
Head Coach
And1: 3,195

Post#63 » by gerrit4 » Mon Jul 8, 2019 3:50 pm

execoftheyear wrote:
gerrit4 wrote:I think they are lacking in playmaking, but defensively a monster. They can get a cheap backup pg at some point but they are probably the best roster in the league right now.

Highly disagree, Leonard has shown to be an underrated playmaker/passer and George has always been a great playmaker. They have two elite playmakers and don't need a traditional pg to carry the playmaking duties.

Really. Leonard's biggest weakness has always been his playmaking. I mean he's good, but he's elite at just about everything else.
execoftheyear
Analyst
And1: 2,171

Post#64 » by execoftheyear » Mon Jul 8, 2019 4:06 pm

gerrit4 wrote:
execoftheyear wrote:
gerrit4 wrote:I think they are lacking in playmaking, but defensively a monster. They can get a cheap backup pg at some point but they are probably the best roster in the league right now.

Highly disagree, Leonard has shown to be an underrated playmaker/passer and George has always been a great playmaker. They have two elite playmakers and don't need a traditional pg to carry the playmaking duties.

Really. Leonard's biggest weakness has always been his playmaking. I mean he's good, but he's elite at just about everything else.

I think he's better than advertised. He had no trouble passing out of double and triple teams and finding open shooters off his drive and kicks. Our lack of shooting didn't help, we had so many open looks in the playoffs created by teams locking in and collapsing on him. He would've averaged more assists if our shooting wasn't so bad. He eventually lost a bit of trust in our shooting and that's when he had to put our offense on his back and that's when we were forced to rely on his ISO game. Put him on a team with better shooters and I could see him being a really dangerous facilitator/playmaker.
nabbs
RealGM
And1: 19,365

Post#65 » by nabbs » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:53 am

Bump

2018 My Top Guys (no particular order): Doncic, JJJ, Zhaire Smith, Miles Bridges, Knox, Wendell, Bamba, Ayton, Sexton, Brown, Huerter, Okogie, Svi,
Randle McMurphy
RealGM
And1: 19,329

Post#66 » by Randle McMurphy » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:59 am

WaltFrazier wrote:People underestimating or forgetting Denver here. Young solid roster, 2nd best record in West, went thru a tough playoff loss that all rising teams have to do to learn. They could be poised to win the West, and with a team built the right way.

Wow
One flew east, one flew west, one flew over the cuckoo’s nest.
Raptaz
Starter
And1: 2,400

Post#67 » by Raptaz » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:14 am

WaltFrazier wrote:People underestimating or forgetting Denver here. Young solid roster, 2nd best record in West, went thru a tough playoff loss that all rising teams have to do to learn. They could be poised to win the West, and with a team built the right way.

Pimp pimp Walt frazier
sidsid
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,232

Post#68 » by sidsid » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:43 am

Some fun hindsight here.

The premise of the Clippers being favored contenders was based on the understanding that they had two superstars. Matched with a bunch of Danny Green level (Toronto Danny) role players.

The problem is that PG played like a regressed Siakam most of this series, and even worse in game seven.

That's a team fighting for the 8th seed, not a Raptors level contender with multiple veteran all-stars like Lowry and Gasol, plus a young all star in Siakam.
OAKLEY_2
RealGM
And1: 8,889

Post#69 » by OAKLEY_2 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:26 am

sidsid wrote:Some fun hindsight here.

The premise of the Clippers being favored contenders was based on the understanding that they had two superstars. Matched with a bunch of Danny Green level (Toronto Danny) role players.

The problem is that PG played like a regressed Siakam most of this series, and even worse in game seven.

That's a team fighting for the 8th seed, not a Raptors level contender with multiple veteran all-stars like Lowry and Gasol, plus a young all star in Siakam.

Pretty simple. Clips would have won it all if they had had the foresight to bring JR Smith out of mothballs to every opportunity for a hype title. Boston-Denver final... Miami-Denver is Cali burning down.

Return to Toronto Raptors