ImageImageImageImageImage

Official 2019 Offseason Training Thread (Update: New Pascal Footage)

Moderators: Yuri Vaultin, Duffman100, Rhettmatic, DG88, Patman, pbj, Alfred, Morris_Shatford

User avatar
Jcity08
Veteran
Posts: 2,695
And1: 3,701
Joined: May 06, 2018
       

Re: Official 2019 Offseason Training Thread (Update: New Pascal Footage) 

Post#661 » by Jcity08 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:05 am

Dude looks more ripped than last year I swear.
dalton749
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,331
And1: 3,780
Joined: May 12, 2015

Re: Official 2019 Offseason Training Thread (Update: New Pascal Footage) 

Post#662 » by dalton749 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:13 am

Red_Claw wrote:


Damn the shot is looking good. So much more effortless and consistently on line.
User avatar
LoveMyRaps
General Manager
Posts: 8,253
And1: 15,180
Joined: Jun 10, 2013
       

Re: Official 2019 Offseason Training Thread (Update: New Pascal Footage) 

Post#663 » by LoveMyRaps » Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:18 am

I honestly laugh every time someone says Raps won't finish top 3. Siakam is destined for greatness and is gonna keep our Raptors in the promised land for years & years to come.

Belieeee dat. :nod:
In Masai We Trust :meditate:
Image
User avatar
tdotrep2
General Manager
Posts: 9,233
And1: 9,885
Joined: May 21, 2011
 

Re: Official 2019 Offseason Training Thread (Update: New Pascal Footage) 

Post#664 » by tdotrep2 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:36 am

i still dont think siakam has the ball handling to consistently get his shot off on the dribble but if he gets it in the block its game over now. Also hopefully they can't sag off him which means blow bys for says.
User avatar
bon
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,012
And1: 9,388
Joined: Jul 17, 2015
 

Re: Official 2019 Offseason Training Thread (Update: New Pascal Footage) 

Post#665 » by bon » Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:35 am

tdotrep2 wrote:i still dont think siakam has the ball handling to consistently get his shot off on the dribble but if he gets it in the block its game over now. Also hopefully they can't sag off him which means blow bys for says.

The threat of his drive is what's going to let him get a shot off the dribble whenever he wants. He'll be unguardable in a couple of seasons
User avatar
Syd-TK3
Head Coach
Posts: 7,305
And1: 7,970
Joined: Jun 07, 2015
 

Re: Official 2019 Offseason Training Thread (Update: New Pascal Footage) 

Post#666 » by Syd-TK3 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:34 am

Red_Claw wrote:

Ho Man now this is what I wanna see
Image
YogiStewart
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 25,507
And1: 6,186
Joined: Aug 08, 2007
Location: Its ALL about Location, Location, Location!

Re: Official 2019 Offseason Training Thread (Update: New Pascal Footage) 

Post#667 » by YogiStewart » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:53 pm

what's with the one-legged jumper?
gha4life
Senior
Posts: 669
And1: 94
Joined: Apr 18, 2007
Location: toronto

Re: Official 2019 Offseason Training Thread (Update: New Pascal Footage) 

Post#668 » by gha4life » Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:38 pm

can the season start tomm! excited to see him take the next step

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using RealGM mobile app
User avatar
Yeezus_
General Manager
Posts: 7,804
And1: 9,967
Joined: Feb 18, 2009
Location: Toronto
     

Re: Official 2019 Offseason Training Thread (Update: New Pascal Footage) 

Post#669 » by Yeezus_ » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:28 pm

YogiStewart wrote:what's with the one-legged jumper?

Fade away jumpers in the post.
Yeezy SZN approaching
And1Skip
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,916
And1: 5,777
Joined: Jun 08, 2003
       

Re: Official 2019 Offseason Training Thread (Update: New Pascal Footage) 

Post#670 » by And1Skip » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:38 pm

Wow, Siakam as SF at times doesn't seem so far fetched anymore. looking forward to a much improved perimeter game this season.
User avatar
niQ
RealGM
Posts: 11,700
And1: 21,478
Joined: Jun 14, 2011

Re: Official 2019 Offseason Training Thread (Update: New Pascal Footage) 

Post#671 » by niQ » Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:21 pm

SPICY!
Image
Credits Clutch0z24
tecumseh18
RealGM
Posts: 11,831
And1: 4,232
Joined: Feb 20, 2006
Location: Big green house
 

Re: Official 2019 Offseason Training Thread (Update: New Pascal Footage) 

Post#672 » by tecumseh18 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:23 pm

And1Skip wrote:Wow, Siakam as SF at times doesn't seem so far fetched anymore. looking forward to a much improved perimeter game this season.


The thinking may be that for Pascal to take the next step and be a legit all-star at his position, he either has to gain enough weight to handle the Blake Griffins and Al Horfords of the league (not that there's a lot), or move to the 3. I'd hate to see Pascal bulk out too much. OG seems to have the thicker frame and legs to be handle the bumping down there better than Pascal. With Serge in a contract year, we'll probably see him play more PF with Marc than last season. Hell, he started at PF all season when Raps won 59 games.

So if an even further improved Pascal is our starting 3 instead of Kawhi, that's a downgrade, but not a crushing one. And Norm (who's been shooting 40% from 3 lately) instead of Danny at the starting 2. Hmm, let's see how this works.

And this isn't even a tax team. Hah!
"Say asterisk one more time, m_____rf_____r!"
User avatar
HeadtopChunes
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,866
And1: 7,105
Joined: Apr 04, 2017
 

Re: Official 2019 Offseason Training Thread (Update: New Pascal Footage) 

Post#673 » by HeadtopChunes » Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:06 pm

tecumseh18 wrote:
And1Skip wrote:Wow, Siakam as SF at times doesn't seem so far fetched anymore. looking forward to a much improved perimeter game this season.


The thinking may be that for Pascal to take the next step and be a legit all-star at his position, he either has to gain enough weight to handle the Blake Griffins and Al Horfords of the league (not that there's a lot), or move to the 3. I'd hate to see Pascal bulk out too much. OG seems to have the thicker frame and legs to be handle the bumping down there better than Pascal. With Serge in a contract year, we'll probably see him play more PF with Marc than last season. Hell, he started at PF all season when Raps won 59 games.

So if an even further improved Pascal is our starting 3 instead of Kawhi, that's a downgrade, but not a crushing one. And Norm (who's been shooting 40% from 3 lately) instead of Danny at the starting 2. Hmm, let's see how this works.

And this isn't even a tax team. Hah!


I think moving Pascal to the 3 is the right move. He has by far the most perimeter skills of any forward on our roster and i think hes an decent pull up jumper away from being a Great Value Scottie Pippen (who wasnt a great shooter or scorer himself but completely eclipses Pascal as a defender+playmaker (for the moment anyway lol))

OG has shown some flashes of a handle and post game but i do think hes the more suitable of the 2 to play PF. He was probably our best blake defender last year and i like what ive seen from him even playing center vs unskilled bigs (like Deandre Jordan) + his offensive toolbag at the moment is pretty well suited for a modern 4

If we move Siakam to the 3 like Nurse has alluded to before, starting Ibaka makes sense as hes currently a far superior player to OG, but it also leaves us a hole at backup C.

So in that respect the best solution is to probably start with OG/Powell but close with Ibaka/Fred in their place
GordanFreeman
Analyst
Posts: 3,021
And1: 3,722
Joined: Mar 27, 2018
       

Re: Official 2019 Offseason Training Thread (Update: New Pascal Footage) 

Post#674 » by GordanFreeman » Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:20 pm

Red_Claw wrote:


Mans looking thicker.
User avatar
LoveMyRaps
General Manager
Posts: 8,253
And1: 15,180
Joined: Jun 10, 2013
       

Re: Official 2019 Offseason Training Thread (Update: New Pascal Footage) 

Post#675 » by LoveMyRaps » Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:55 pm

Wow 20k views in less than 24hours. Remarkable.
Wouldn't be surprised if the video hits 100k in a week.
People are finally starting to realize how much potential this man possesses.
In Masai We Trust :meditate:
Image
User avatar
Vorticity
Head Coach
Posts: 6,032
And1: 3,986
Joined: Oct 27, 2005
Location: scientific dawg
   

Re: Official 2019 Offseason Training Thread (Update: New Pascal Footage) 

Post#676 » by Vorticity » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:22 pm

YogiStewart wrote:what's with the one-legged jumper?


J####N?

K##E?
Zona Zoo wrote:
spudwebb wrote:OKC has one black guy in the crowd

Russell Westbrook?

Image
sig by http://www.turbozone.ca
User avatar
bape_lovers
RealGM
Posts: 16,967
And1: 13,467
Joined: Oct 28, 2010
Location: 6ix side
 

Re: Official 2019 Offseason Training Thread (Update: New Pascal Footage) 

Post#677 » by bape_lovers » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:36 pm

#wearetheviewers

LoveMyRaps wrote:Wow 20k views in less than 24hours. Remarkable.
Wouldn't be surprised if the video hits 100k in a week.
People are finally starting to realize how much potential this man possesses.
Image

Credit to JaysRule, Detective
User avatar
TheBoi10
Veteran
Posts: 2,549
And1: 4,661
Joined: Apr 13, 2018
 

Re: Official 2019 Offseason Training Thread (Update: New Pascal Footage) 

Post#678 » by TheBoi10 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:27 pm

HeadtopChunes wrote:
tecumseh18 wrote:
And1Skip wrote:Wow, Siakam as SF at times doesn't seem so far fetched anymore. looking forward to a much improved perimeter game this season.


The thinking may be that for Pascal to take the next step and be a legit all-star at his position, he either has to gain enough weight to handle the Blake Griffins and Al Horfords of the league (not that there's a lot), or move to the 3. I'd hate to see Pascal bulk out too much. OG seems to have the thicker frame and legs to be handle the bumping down there better than Pascal. With Serge in a contract year, we'll probably see him play more PF with Marc than last season. Hell, he started at PF all season when Raps won 59 games.

So if an even further improved Pascal is our starting 3 instead of Kawhi, that's a downgrade, but not a crushing one. And Norm (who's been shooting 40% from 3 lately) instead of Danny at the starting 2. Hmm, let's see how this works.

And this isn't even a tax team. Hah!


I think moving Pascal to the 3 is the right move. He has by far the most perimeter skills of any forward on our roster and i think hes an decent pull up jumper away from being a Great Value Scottie Pippen (who wasnt a great shooter or scorer himself but completely eclipses Pascal as a defender+playmaker (for the moment anyway lol))

OG has shown some flashes of a handle and post game but i do think hes the more suitable of the 2 to play PF. He was probably our best blake defender last year and i like what ive seen from him even playing center vs unskilled bigs (like Deandre Jordan) + his offensive toolbag at the moment is pretty well suited for a modern 4

If we move Siakam to the 3 like Nurse has alluded to before, starting Ibaka makes sense as hes currently a far superior player to OG, but it also leaves us a hole at backup C.

So in that respect the best solution is to probably start with OG/Powell but close with Ibaka/Fred in their place


It's due or die time for Hypebeast Aminu, we haven't seen videos of him over the summer. Hopefully he comes back with some semblance of a handle and doesn't run high knees with legs 3 feet in front of his body.
mtcan
RealGM
Posts: 12,783
And1: 8,311
Joined: May 19, 2001

Re: Official 2019 Offseason Training Thread (Update: New Pascal Footage) 

Post#679 » by mtcan » Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:45 pm

YogiStewart wrote:what's with the one-legged jumper?

He has been watching Dirk Nowitzki videos...
User avatar
Kevin Willis
General Manager
Posts: 8,626
And1: 5,040
Joined: Apr 17, 2009
       

Re: Official 2019 Offseason Training Thread (Update: New Pascal Footage) 

Post#680 » by Kevin Willis » Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:15 pm

mtcan wrote:
YogiStewart wrote:what's with the one-legged jumper?

He has been watching Dirk Nowitzki videos...


Yeah, it's also part of Durant's game. Gives seperation for his jumper. He has the co-ordination to do that. Giannis hasn't added that to his game but then again Giannis needs to get a jumper first or it's pointless. The Nowitzki / KD is virtually unblockable.
Best games I have ever seen 1. Kobe dropping 81 2. Portland x Denver May 3, 2019

Return to Toronto Raptors