Page 30 of 41

Re: Official 2019 Offseason Training Thread (Update: New Pascal Footage)

Posted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:16 pm
by HeadtopChunes
lebron stopper wrote:
HeadtopChunes wrote:What I want to see from Vanvleet this season is an improvement in running the PnR

He's good at using it for scoring but he really struggles w/ the playmaking aspect of it.

Idk if its because of his size or hes just not confident in attempting some of these passes but he frequently misses the roll man or just doesn't create anything good.

That's the major thing I want to see from him if hes going to be Lowry's successor.


Fred VanVleet was 58th percentile as the PnR ball handler in 2017-18, and that declined to 39th percentile in 2018-19.



Yeah it matches the eye test that’s his major weakness as a point gaurd

His current skill set is great for a 2 gaurd but at his size he needs to be able to run an offense if he wants to start in the future

Re: Official 2019 Offseason Training Thread (Update: New Pascal Footage)

Posted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:24 pm
by xAIRNESSx
Looks like the 15th man has signed with the Thunder.

Re: Official 2019 Offseason Training Thread (Update: New Pascal Footage)

Posted: Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:26 am
by lebron stopper
raptor jesus wrote:
IceBelly05 wrote:

There are definitely some tools to work with I have no idea why this board is so down on a 21 year old who had his role changed, multiple injuries, and personal challenges in his second year in the league.

He’s still 21 he’s 6’7 he shot 37% from three in his rookie year. All things considered his ppg went up last year playing along side a pretty sh** bench unit. There’s a lot of tools in that toolbox folks

13.4 - 3.3 - 1.7 - 1.1 on 46-38-70 season coming up


OG gets his shot blocked at a staggering amount when he puts the ball on the floor. I'm too lazy to find the stat, because the NBA Stats site is a mess, but I remember looking about halfway through the season after noticing this trend, and sure enough OG got his shot blocked at a higher rate than anybody on the team, which isn't a great sign for a wing with his size and athleticism. He really needs to clean that up to become something more than a spot up/cutter guy.


Really old post, I know, but I'm replying to it right now because I stumbled upon the stat that you were looking for (see "% of FG2AB" all the way to the right).

Anunoby gets blocked on 12.4% of his 2-point attempts, which is almost as much as 6 foot VanVleet who gets blocked on 12.5% of his 2-point attempts. Anunoby also gets blocked on 3.5% of his 3-point attempts, which leads all Raptors who played at least 400 minutes.

Re: Official 2019 Offseason Training Thread (Update: New Pascal Footage)

Posted: Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:04 am
by HeadtopChunes
lebron stopper wrote:
raptor jesus wrote:
IceBelly05 wrote:

There are definitely some tools to work with I have no idea why this board is so down on a 21 year old who had his role changed, multiple injuries, and personal challenges in his second year in the league.

He’s still 21 he’s 6’7 he shot 37% from three in his rookie year. All things considered his ppg went up last year playing along side a pretty sh** bench unit. There’s a lot of tools in that toolbox folks

13.4 - 3.3 - 1.7 - 1.1 on 46-38-70 season coming up


OG gets his shot blocked at a staggering amount when he puts the ball on the floor. I'm too lazy to find the stat, because the NBA Stats site is a mess, but I remember looking about halfway through the season after noticing this trend, and sure enough OG got his shot blocked at a higher rate than anybody on the team, which isn't a great sign for a wing with his size and athleticism. He really needs to clean that up to become something more than a spot up/cutter guy.


Really old post, I know, but I'm replying to it right now because I stumbled upon the stat that you were looking for (see "% of FG2AB" all the way to the right).

Anunoby gets blocked on 12.4% of his 2-point attempts, which is almost as much as 6 foot VanVleet who gets blocked on 12.5% of his 2-point attempts. Anunoby also gets blocked on 3.5% of his 3-point attempts, which leads all Raptors who played at least 400 minutes.



I thought this was interesting so i decided to go back and look at it

I compiled a bunch of clips of times OG was blocked last season (He was blocked 32 times last season this video has 23 of them) Which is all I could find on NBA.com

The poster attempt on McGee was very ambitious lol


Watch on YouTube



The issues with his jump shot are fairly obvious (it's low and slow)

But honestly around the rim didn't look too bad to me. Seems that the main issues are w/ strength, ball security, and predictability/footwork.

All of which seem to be correctable

Also seems to be lacking explosiveness or struggling to create separation when a defender is draped all over him.

Idk could be my homer glasses. But it don’t look to bad to me. Some improved footwork and learning to use fakes could do a lot for him.

Re: Official 2019 Offseason Training Thread (Update: New Pascal Footage)

Posted: Sat Aug 31, 2019 2:14 pm
by Tha Cynic
If Masai can add another scorer to this team, or if someone new becomes a better scorer, this team has a legit chance to get past the second round. This team is severely underrated, which is crazy after a championship run.

Re: Official 2019 Offseason Training Thread (Update: New Pascal Footage)

Posted: Sat Aug 31, 2019 2:25 pm
by Patman
HeadtopChunes wrote:
lebron stopper wrote:
raptor jesus wrote:
OG gets his shot blocked at a staggering amount when he puts the ball on the floor. I'm too lazy to find the stat, because the NBA Stats site is a mess, but I remember looking about halfway through the season after noticing this trend, and sure enough OG got his shot blocked at a higher rate than anybody on the team, which isn't a great sign for a wing with his size and athleticism. He really needs to clean that up to become something more than a spot up/cutter guy.


Really old post, I know, but I'm replying to it right now because I stumbled upon the stat that you were looking for (see "% of FG2AB" all the way to the right).

Anunoby gets blocked on 12.4% of his 2-point attempts, which is almost as much as 6 foot VanVleet who gets blocked on 12.5% of his 2-point attempts. Anunoby also gets blocked on 3.5% of his 3-point attempts, which leads all Raptors who played at least 400 minutes.



I thought this was interesting so i decided to go back and look at it

I compiled a bunch of clips of times OG was blocked last season (He was blocked 32 times last season this video has 23 of them) Which is all I could find on NBA.com

The poster attempt on McGee was very ambitious lol




The issues with his jump shot are fairly obvious (it's low and slow)

But honestly around the rim didn't look too bad to me. Seems that the main issues are w/ strength, ball security, and predictability/footwork.

All of which seem to be correctable

Also seems to be lacking explosiveness or struggling to create separation when a defender is draped all over him.

Idk could be my homer glasses. But it don’t look to bad to me. Some improved footwork and learning to use fakes could do a lot for him.


His outside shot is both a tad low and a tad slow. Correcting both will likely not just lead to it getting blocked less, but his 3P% should go up as well.

On the inside, he lacks body control. Needs to watch Kyle Lowry tape and how he manipulates the defense with his hips. OG is kind of halfway between initiating contact and creating space. You need to be all the way in or all the way out.

Re: Official 2019 Offseason Training Thread (Update: New Pascal Footage)

Posted: Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:11 pm
by HeadtopChunes
Patman wrote:
HeadtopChunes wrote:
lebron stopper wrote:
Really old post, I know, but I'm replying to it right now because I stumbled upon the stat that you were looking for (see "% of FG2AB" all the way to the right).

Anunoby gets blocked on 12.4% of his 2-point attempts, which is almost as much as 6 foot VanVleet who gets blocked on 12.5% of his 2-point attempts. Anunoby also gets blocked on 3.5% of his 3-point attempts, which leads all Raptors who played at least 400 minutes.



I thought this was interesting so i decided to go back and look at it

I compiled a bunch of clips of times OG was blocked last season (He was blocked 32 times last season this video has 23 of them) Which is all I could find on NBA.com

The poster attempt on McGee was very ambitious lol




The issues with his jump shot are fairly obvious (it's low and slow)

But honestly around the rim didn't look too bad to me. Seems that the main issues are w/ strength, ball security, and predictability/footwork.

All of which seem to be correctable

Also seems to be lacking explosiveness or struggling to create separation when a defender is draped all over him.

Idk could be my homer glasses. But it don’t look to bad to me. Some improved footwork and learning to use fakes could do a lot for him.


His outside shot is both a tad short and a tad slow. Correcting both will likely not just lead to it getting blocked less, but his 3P% should go up as well.

On the inside, he lacks body control. Needs to watch Kyle Lowry tape and how he manipulates the defense with his hips. OG is kind of halfway between initiating contact and creating space. You need to be all the way in or all the way out.


Yeah a while back i made this GIF comparing his jumper to Paul George's

Image

You can see OGs is released so much lower and his elbow flares significantly. Also, his footwork is far less smooth.

Image


Obviously nobody expects him to become an elite shooter like Paul but this comparison does a good job of highlighting the issues with his jumper.

Re: Official 2019 Offseason Training Thread (Update: New Pascal Footage)

Posted: Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:56 pm
by TheBoi10
Tha Cynic wrote:If Masai can add another scorer to this team, or if someone new becomes a better scorer, this team has a legit chance to get past the second round. This team is severely underrated, which is crazy after a championship run.


Norm has a chance but I think we need a taller scorer. Point guards and combo guards can't be relied upon in the playoffs.

Re: Official 2019 Offseason Training Thread (Update: New Pascal Footage)

Posted: Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:40 pm
by Syd-TK3

Watch on YouTube

People talking about OG and Luckily bleacher Report just posted this to help for the lack of OG material

Re: Official 2019 Offseason Training Thread (Update: New Pascal Footage)

Posted: Sun Sep 1, 2019 2:29 am
by LoveMyRaps

Re: Official 2019 Offseason Training Thread (Update: New Pascal Footage)

Posted: Sun Sep 1, 2019 8:07 pm
by HeadtopChunes
Smh OG is trash getting roasted by some kid


Re: Official 2019 Offseason Training Thread (Update: New Pascal Footage)

Posted: Sun Sep 1, 2019 8:09 pm
by HeadtopChunes
Also looks like a Mamba Academy T-shirt so he’s probably been training there iirc

Stanley, Derozan AD and Jrue Holiday have been there recently from their instagram

Re: Official 2019 Offseason Training Thread (Update: New Pascal Footage)

Posted: Sun Sep 1, 2019 8:43 pm
by Syd-TK3
HeadtopChunes wrote:Also looks like a Mamba Academy T-shirt so he’s probably been training there iirc

Stanley, Derozan AD and Jrue Holiday have been there recently from their instagram

I need videos damnit

Re: Official 2019 Offseason Training Thread (Update: New Pascal Footage)

Posted: Sun Sep 1, 2019 9:23 pm
by LoveMyRaps
Serge training at Rico's gym.
I knew he'd show up later in the summer.
Expecting some more Rico x Raptors runs this week.

Re: Official 2019 Offseason Training Thread (Update: New Pascal Footage)

Posted: Mon Sep 2, 2019 5:56 pm
by The Warrior
LoveMyRaps wrote:Serge training at Rico's gym.
I knew he'd show up later in the summer.
Expecting some more Rico x Raptors runs this week.
What makes you think he's training with Rico?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Re: Official 2019 Offseason Training Thread (Update: New Pascal Footage)

Posted: Mon Sep 2, 2019 6:10 pm
by LoveMyRaps
The Warrior wrote:
LoveMyRaps wrote:Serge training at Rico's gym.
I knew he'd show up later in the summer.
Expecting some more Rico x Raptors runs this week.
What makes you think he's training with Rico?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk


I never said ''with''. I said he's training AT Rico's gym because he uploaded a pic of him training there a few days ago.

Re: Official 2019 Offseason Training Thread (Update: New Pascal Footage)

Posted: Mon Sep 2, 2019 6:15 pm
by LoveMyRaps
Siakam:
Image

Norm:
Currently in St.Lucia for a vacay. Also training there.
Image

Dewan Hernandez:
Was in Miami a few days back training at his college


Now he's in Toronto; was training at the OVO Atheltic Center this morning.

Re: Official 2019 Offseason Training Thread (Update: New Pascal Footage)

Posted: Mon Sep 2, 2019 6:41 pm
by The Warrior
LoveMyRaps wrote:
The Warrior wrote:
LoveMyRaps wrote:Serge training at Rico's gym.
I knew he'd show up later in the summer.
Expecting some more Rico x Raptors runs this week.
What makes you think he's training with Rico?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk


I never said ''with''. I said he's training AT Rico's gym because he uploaded a pic of him training there a few days ago.
Oh okay I didn't even realize he was even training AT his gym lol.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Re: Official 2019 Offseason Training Thread (Update: New Pascal Footage)

Posted: Mon Sep 2, 2019 7:44 pm
by nabbs
LoveMyRaps wrote:Siakam:
Image

Norm:
Currently in St.Lucia for a vacay. Also training there.
Image

Dewan Hernandez:
Was in Miami a few days back training at his college


Now he's in Toronto; was training at the OVO Atheltic Center this morning.



Good stuff man! I believe Sagaba was in Toronto as well training with Dewan. Boucher was in the weight room upstairs. I know Serge has been at UCLA quite a bit recently. Stanley has been constantly working at the Mamba Academy

Re: Official 2019 Offseason Training Thread (Update: New Pascal Footage)

Posted: Tue Sep 3, 2019 4:13 am
by niQ
HeadtopChunes wrote:
Yeah a while back i made this GIF comparing his jumper to Paul George's

Image

You can see OGs is released so much lower and his elbow flares significantly. Also, his footwork is far less smooth.



I dunno about footwork if its from that clip. Though, they let everything pass in the NBA nowadays. But I definitely remember doing the exact same thing as PG in that gif and getting called for a travel by a ref.