ImageImageImageImageImage

Superfan Nav Bhatia Sounds Off On Kawhi’s Decision

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Boogie!
RealGM
And1: 52,778
Location: Ba da da da daaaaaa. If you build it, they will come!

Re: Superfan Nav Bhatia Sounds Off On Kawhi’s Decision 

Post#21 » by Boogie! » Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:47 am

Lol at people being mad at nav. For years the guy has been using his connections with the players to help kids in the community. The **** have you guys done for anyone lately?
mdenny wrote:In anycase....Masai is probably gonna make Fred the first active player/head coach in franchise history now that Nurse is out of the way. That's been the plan all along.
maternal85
Starter
And1: 1,736

Post#22 » by maternal85 » Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:48 am

Wait, players give this guy their numbers ?
anotherhomer
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,992

Post#23 » by anotherhomer » Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:00 am

That's just salty.

Is nav appealing to a certain fanbase
PT416
Assistant Coach
And1: 6,243

Post#24 » by PT416 » Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:45 am

IDGAF. Did Nav win me a chip? Naw. Did Kawhi? Kinda. More than kinda. Thanks Kawhi I guess. Go away now. We defend.
LBJKB24MJ23
RealGM
And1: 21,158

Post#25 » by LBJKB24MJ23 » Sun Jul 28, 2019 11:14 am

his status as superfan has his ebbs and flows.

but as far as i'm concerned - this is less cringy than him and Tory calling a press conference telling the people of Toronto to leave Kawhi alone.
raf1995 wrote:I just don’t think he has that kind of potential. I think we will regret not trading him for a haul in a few years when he’s a mid-tier starter with nice playmaking and defense and a shaky jumper.
So_Fresh
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,450

Post#26 » by So_Fresh » Sun Jul 28, 2019 11:35 am

Boogie! wrote:I think it's telling that he deleted his number. Usually nav stays in contact with guys even after they leave the team. Hence the unending Vince love who he really seemed to bond with. Like I said kawhi never really embraced the city team and organization the way everyone is making it seem. It's fine, I just don't like how we feel the need to constanltly suck his dick. Kawhi was truly an elite talent and performed like a true professional. But things like statues and retiring numbers are reserved for those that built their legacy with the organization.

C Court
RealGM
And1: 25,103

Post#27 » by C Court » Sun Jul 28, 2019 3:08 pm

Fred and Norm both said the Raptors won the championship because of the depth of contributions from a bunch of guys, not just Kawhi. They mentioned the Raptors record (17-5) without Kawhi last year as an indication of the team’s talent beyond Kawhi.

No question Kawhi was great, but the narrative that the Raps won just because of Kawhi, understandably bothers the other guys.
NBA Champion Toronto Raptors
XxIronChainzxX
RealGM
And1: 7,659

Post#28 » by XxIronChainzxX » Sun Jul 28, 2019 3:16 pm

Boogie! wrote:I think it's telling that he deleted his number. Usually nav stays in contact with guys even after they leave the team. Hence the unending Vince love who he really seemed to bond with. Like I said kawhi never really embraced the city team and organization the way everyone is making it seem. It's fine, I just don't like how we feel the need to constanltly suck his dick. Kawhi was truly an elite talent and performed like a true professional. But things like statues and retiring numbers are reserved for those that built their legacy with the organization.

Or people who achive something incredible. Kawhi was the core of our title team. That's something. I certainly think there is an argument that he's taken himself out of the running for a jersey retirement with the way he hasn't embraced the city.

Part of Kawhi's legacy will always be tied to this organization. And for all we know, he might never win a title again. He had plenty of runs with the Spurs that had ended before the WCF or Finals.
XxIronChainzxX
RealGM
And1: 7,659

Post#29 » by XxIronChainzxX » Sun Jul 28, 2019 3:18 pm

Boogie! wrote:Also kawhi apparently said he wasn't load managing with LA correct? Part of me feels like kawhi basically told the organization that he would play for us under his terms and if he felt he wasn't ready to go we just had to trust him. Hence all the confusion with load management and even nick nurse not knowing when he was gonna play and when he wasn't. Honestly I feel the organization did just as much for him as he did for them. Basically pampered him until the end and everyone showed him so much love and support, fed his ego, rebirthed his image and reputation and career that now everyone's on his dick again calling him the best player, Michael Jordan, etc... I feel exactly like nav. We did it all for him, but he clearly didn't want us so **** it. I respect that he at least had the decency to try and help us win a championship on the way out, but again let's not pretend it didn't help his own legacy as well.

Who cares? If he was completely healthy and lying, then our load management approach kept him fresher than a lot of other superstars and helped us win.
TrustFundBaby
Head Coach
And1: 19,762

Post#30 » by TrustFundBaby » Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:04 pm

Haha @ calling Kawhis impact overrated

Is that why he scheduled a press conference with the damn Mayor to beg Kawhi to stay :lol:
RyderMike
Assistant Coach
And1: 6,799

Post#31 » by RyderMike » Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:12 pm

v1n5anity wrote:This. I wish the networks stop asking for his opinion. It's the same thing over and over. "I've never missed a home game; I'll wave the towel/get the player to miss the FT; clap for the player before tipoff and after the game; I don't womanize I Raptorize, blah, blah, blah". Now he feels like he's officially part/employed by the team and a celebrity.

In his defense, if I got a microphone shoved in my face every day with the same questioon over and over, I'd run out of unique things to say.
RyderMike
Assistant Coach
And1: 6,799

Post#32 » by RyderMike » Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:14 pm

Inevitable wrote:Only casuals are talking about retiring his jersey. Only person who deserves that is Lowry.

vbmeer
Pro Prospect
And1: 735

Post#33 » by vbmeer » Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:18 pm

Never seen a player whose impact was now retroactively being painted as "overrated" have a news channel follow him in a helicopter and have screen plastered of "The King in the North is back in Toronto." Or have dozens of people in the middle of a work day camp out at just a rumored location he may or may not arrive at.
Demari
Senior
And1: 628

Post#34 » by Demari » Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:26 pm

i saw Nav at a gas station once (i recognized him from the back because he literally had a shirt/jersey that said SUPERFAN on the back) and i was like "HEY superfan" and he got startled and turned back and then smiled at me

i could have swung on him if i wanted to make a viral video but i let him live that day and smiled back and paid for my gas and left
refshateRaps
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,947

Post#35 » by refshateRaps » Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:34 pm

Kawhi was amazing here. He stepped up with a very strong but often passive supporting cast. It was a great combo given such little time to gel

He made his interesting decision and i really hope he struggles with his future team to remind him a bit more of this special run and what he could have had with Masai and an entire Country behind him.

Mad respect for the work he did here. But sorry absolutely no love with the decision he made to leave.
will
RealGM
And1: 49,385
Location: Pat's Homestyle Jamaican Restaurant. Shouts to Sheryl's Caribbean Cuisine

Post#36 » by will » Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:36 pm

Was there another press conference with Tory I missed?
carlosey
General Manager
And1: 2,054

Post#37 » by carlosey » Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:15 pm

He isn't wrong. Kawhi for some obscure reason left the best situation the NBA as a system can provide and did it under very awkward circumstances for something that is not guaranteed. There's obviously more to it than playing at home.

I do think Kawhi took all the credit for the champiomship and he is the reason we got past the sixers but it was the team that closed it out with the warriors.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using RealGM mobile app
Legal Non-Conforming
Sixth Man
And1: 388

Post#38 » by Legal Non-Conforming » Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:42 pm

And Pascal Siakam should take it personally. He's got more of a chip on his shoulder than people realize. And I think that's a good thing....

Centre Court wrote:Fred and Norm both said the Raptors won the championship because of the depth of contributions from a bunch of guys, not just Kawhi. They mentioned the Raptors record (17-5) without Kawhi last year as an indication of the team’s talent beyond Kawhi.

No question Kawhi was great, but the narrative that the Raps won just because of Kawhi, understandably bothers the other guys.
“The North Remembers"
Kevin Willis
RealGM
And1: 7,941

Post#39 » by Kevin Willis » Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:01 pm

tor1234567 wrote:LOL.

Nav only deleted Kawhi's number, after Kawhi blocked his.

Kawhi wants no part of Nav, Drake, Cargojet, etc. These guys would love nothing more than to rub shoulders with Kawhi whenever Kawhi's in town, but Kawhi won't even give them a look (and they know it).

Is this a fact or an assumption that Kawhi blocked his number and wants nothing to do with Drake,Cargojet, etc?
Ska needs to make a comeback.
DonDoolie
Veteran
And1: 3,705

Post#40 » by DonDoolie » Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:05 pm

TrustFundBaby wrote:Haha @ calling Kawhis impact overrated

Is that why he scheduled a press conference with the damn Mayor to beg Kawhi to stay :lol:

:lol:

Exactly this dude is no different than one of the salt buckets crying on realgm right now. Trying to discredit kawhi because he left. GTFO
Making Salat, I ain't miss a beat Praise to Allah, made it out the clink Alhamdulillah, praise be to God Big booty freak, givin' a massage

Return to Toronto Raptors