ImageImageImageImageImage

Earned Edition jerseys

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Lord Eder
General Manager
And1: 16,625

Re: Earned Edition jerseys 

Post#21 » by Lord Eder » Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:03 am

Couple good examples from ‘Terry’ posted above as well

http://terryqiuyi.x.yupoo.com/26041694?uid=1

Raptors arc is off, #2 seems misshapen or too thin and the biggest tell on most of these jerseys is the chevrons on the side are way too thick

http://terryqiuyi.x.yupoo.com/26041697?uid=1

Nameplate lettering seems to blocky, and again, the numbers seem either missapen or too skinny, possibly too large as well. It just all looks off.

http://terryqiuyi.x.yupoo.com/26041690?uid=1

This is another tell I mentioned earlier, the gold chevron seems to stop short on both sides. Also the letters in NORTH are all jacked up and again #2 is misshapen and skinny
"Jerome Moiso with 2 rebounds and a steal.... Put him in the hall of fame!"
- Chuck Swirsky
dgr81
General Manager
And1: 10,889

Post#22 » by dgr81 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:54 am

LilRomeo905 wrote:Go to Terry: http://terryqiuyi.x.yupoo.com/albums/68161482?uid=1&referrercate=2768068
You can get his/her contact info under "contact"

I bought a fake Lowry Earned jersey with Finals patch from Terry. It's seriously a near-identical to the real ones. The only difference is that the Finals is an iron-on patch rather than an embroidered one that you can get at RS.

edit: Nike Connect works for me.

terry is definitely the correct answer.

can't believe the subreddit went private :lol:
LilRomeo905
Junior
And1: 267

Post#23 » by LilRomeo905 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:47 pm

dgr81 wrote:
LilRomeo905 wrote:Go to Terry: http://terryqiuyi.x.yupoo.com/albums/68161482?uid=1&referrercate=2768068
You can get his/her contact info under "contact"

I bought a fake Lowry Earned jersey with Finals patch from Terry. It's seriously a near-identical to the real ones. The only difference is that the Finals is an iron-on patch rather than an embroidered one that you can get at RS.

edit: Nike Connect works for me.

terry is definitely the correct answer.

can't believe the subreddit went private :lol:

I know .. i was stunned it went private. lmaaoooo

I tried to join and sent the mods a dm. They got back to me asking to fill up a couple of info. I was like nah, nvm. :lol:
ruckus
RealGM
And1: 11,283

Post#24 » by ruckus » Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:58 pm

Terry is pretty great.

This is the haul I picked up cause Lids was taking too damn long.

3 jerseys, 5 shirts.

At $200 CAD shipping included, I can live with the minor flaws.
niQ
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 29,220

Post#25 » by niQ » Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:31 pm

Concept for 25th Anniversary?

bozothepope
Sixth Man
And1: 4,225

Post#26 » by bozothepope » Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:30 pm

niQ wrote:Concept for 25th Anniversary?

Someone needs to go back to design school.
Detective
Head Coach
And1: 24,545

Post#27 » by Detective » Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:54 pm

I am disappointed AF that there is no updated version of the pinstripe OG unis
Westside Gunn
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,077

Post#28 » by Westside Gunn » Fri Aug 2, 2019 12:27 am

Lord Eder wrote:
Boardbreaker wrote:
Lord Eder wrote:
The purple dinos are a little harder to spot, probably cause they aren’t in use regularly, but once you notice it, you’ll spot them like nothing.

With this one, you can see McGrady’s name is too low on the black name plate. The letters are almost on the purple at the bottom. Really obvious at the A. I notice a lot of time, Lowry ones seem to be too high. The W is almost touching the points.

It seems nitpicky, but for me personally, it’s all I see when I see the fake ones. And I think part of it is being a fan of this team, you see these jerseys all the time, the details get engrained in your head. I probably wouldn’t mind it so much if it was another team because the details wouldn’t be so obvious.

And I mean, like I said, if people are okay with it for the price point then all the power to them. I just don’t like when people say yeah go buy fakes they’re really good without actually pinpointing their flaws.

The cut of that jersey is the biggest giveaway. Shoulders are way too wide.

Yes, the front looks like a car wreck as well

were you good at spotting fake nike shoes
i miss the days when the bricks was only nineteeeeeeeen, i need a 100 right now
Lord Eder
General Manager
And1: 16,625

Post#29 » by Lord Eder » Fri Aug 2, 2019 12:52 am

Westside Gunn wrote:
Lord Eder wrote:
Boardbreaker wrote:
The cut of that jersey is the biggest giveaway. Shoulders are way too wide.

Yes, the front looks like a car wreck as well

were you good at spotting fake nike shoes

Nah, never got into shoes like I did with jerseys tbh
"Jerome Moiso with 2 rebounds and a steal.... Put him in the hall of fame!"
- Chuck Swirsky
Liberal
Assistant Coach
And1: 97

Post#30 » by Liberal » Fri Aug 2, 2019 2:24 am

Lord Eder wrote:
Westside Gunn wrote:
Lord Eder wrote:I always laugh inside when I see people wearing those Chinese jerseys in public. They stick out so bad.

Like look at this nonsense from the amazon link above.

https://www.amazon.ca/hz/reviews-render/mobile-media-feed/B07S9C488M/ref=cm_cr_dp_mb_crsl_img_3?ie=UTF8&physicalId=71gN5AiZH8L&imageExtension=jpg&reviewId=R1CEJCUT5HWA0B

How drunk do you have to be to place the lettering like that.

I get trying to save a few bucks, but to me they’re not even worth it when they’re that far off. Raps jerseys in particular seem to be really bad in the counterfeit market. Chevrons are always way to thick, lettering doesn’t line up, jersey numbers are either too thin or too thick, the chevron on white and gold alternate doesn’t extend far enough. There’s a bunch of Carter dunk contest ones I see on eBay now where the jersey numbers are obnoxiously large. Purple throwbacks nameplates are not lined up properly and the jersey number is usually not in the right placement either.

If you’re cool with all that, then that’s on you, but just be aware

i really thought there was no difference in the purple dino ones, but thats good info.

agreed about the dunk.contest ones...just horrible.

but hey spending 200 bucks vs a 20 dollar knock off...thats saving quite a bit of money.

going to hockey games in buffalo and a couple in toronto, I would say majority of the fanbase that had em on were fakes.

tfc jerseys are an absolute joke. there is no way i would pay 150 or whatever for that flimsy screenrpinted material.

god bless the sweatshops in china

The purple dinos are a little harder to spot, probably cause they aren’t in use regularly, but once you notice it, you’ll spot them like nothing.

With this one, you can see McGrady’s name is too low on the black name plate. The letters are almost on the purple at the bottom. Really obvious at the A. I notice a lot of time, Lowry ones seem to be too high. The W is almost touching the points.

It seems nitpicky, but for me personally, it’s all I see when I see the fake ones. And I think part of it is being a fan of this team, you see these jerseys all the time, the details get engrained in your head. I probably wouldn’t mind it so much if it was another team because the details wouldn’t be so obvious.

And I mean, like I said, if people are okay with it for the price point then all the power to them. I just don’t like when people say yeah go buy fakes they’re really good without actually pinpointing their flaws.
Those letters look better than the Carter one I got some years ago had to give it away cause I couldn't stand looking at it lol and the bigger issue with me was that the Raptor wasn't touching the "RapTorS" wordmark like the legit jerseys.

Sent from my G3223 using RealGM mobile app

[F] Spicy P : Khem : Precious
[F] Scottie : Boucher
[F] OG : Scottie
[G] GTJ : Freddy
[G] Freddy : Banton : Flynn

Return to Toronto Raptors