ImageImageImageImageImage

Can Pascal play small Forward?

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Brinbe
RealGM
And1: 35,477

Re: Can Pascal play small Forward? 

Post#21 » by Brinbe » Sat Aug 3, 2019 12:58 am

i can easily see us close with lowry?/siakam/ibaka/gasol. we're just missing the 5th element of that grouping but hopefully someone steps up for us to take that spot. maybe og? that's a pretty damn good defensive team and i think lowry/siakam are good enough ballhandlers/playmakers to make that work on offense.
OAKLEY_2
RealGM
And1: 8,885

Post#22 » by OAKLEY_2 » Sat Aug 3, 2019 1:40 am

ReaLiez wrote:Id rather send Gasol to the bench
Lowry
Powell
OG
Siakam
Ibaka

FVV and Gasol off the bench makes us deep!

26 mil coming off the bench...

I go:

KL/Fred/Paskal/Serge/Gasol

McCaw/Norm/Stanimal/RJH/Boucher

Davis/Hernandez/Thomas
OAKLEY_2
RealGM
And1: 8,885

Post#23 » by OAKLEY_2 » Sat Aug 3, 2019 2:36 am

OH.

Gee.

My Bad.
gerrit4
Head Coach
And1: 3,195

Post#24 » by gerrit4 » Sat Aug 3, 2019 4:21 am

VanWest82 wrote:Pascal's biggest advantage is that he's too fast for most PFs to guard. Defensively he can guard almost anyone with the exception of elite bigs. Why would we take away his biggest strength? Gasol and Ibaka can work in the same line up and I have no doubt Nurse will use that in certain match ups, but we're slow like that and they're also older and can't do it every night anymore. It's better to rotate them like we did last year.

Keep Siakam at the 4. Let's not mess with our biggest weapon.

I think that he’s more effective in a half court posting up smaller players, than blowing by bigger players.

I would argue on the flip side that Gasol/Ibaka aren’t great at abusing smaller players at this stage in their career. Obviously the prime example was how Embiid shut down Pascal, and Gasol couldn’t dominate Harris.

Pascals biggest advantage is his ability to run the floor, and he can still do that in any positon.
Patman
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23,410

Post#25 » by Patman » Sat Aug 3, 2019 4:22 am

He can in spurts but he's much more useful at the 4. He's better at getting a step on big men than he would be backing down or shooting jumpers over smaller players.
Smitch
Bench Warmer
And1: 168

Post#26 » by Smitch » Sat Aug 3, 2019 2:53 pm

HeadtopChunes wrote:The NBA where positions are made up and contracts don’t matter

neurotik
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,864

Post#27 » by neurotik » Sat Aug 3, 2019 5:45 pm

VanWest82 wrote:Pascal's biggest advantage is that he's too fast for most PFs to guard. Defensively he can guard almost anyone with the exception of elite bigs. Why would we take away his biggest strength? Gasol and Ibaka can work in the same line up and I have no doubt Nurse will use that in certain match ups, but we're slow like that and they're also older and can't do it every night anymore. It's better to rotate them like we did last year.

Keep Siakam at the 4. Let's not mess with our biggest weapon.
I expect the majority of Siakam's minutes to be at the 4 spot. I can see Nurse going big or small in certain matchups but that's it. Also I think if you go small, and pair Siakam and OG, I think Siakam would play 4 on defence and some 3 on offence
(1 of 10)
Indeed
RealGM
And1: 3,055

Post#28 » by Indeed » Sun Aug 4, 2019 2:06 am

Red_Claw wrote:
Indeed wrote:I want to see if Johnson has the handle to play SG.
As for Siakam at SF, I think if we play RHJ at PF, we might see that happen.
This lineup will get us a post up opportunity against other teams SG/SF:
Lowry-Johnson-Siakam-RHJ-Ibaka

Thats a tank team.

Stanley is a career 30% 3 pt shooter
RHJ is a career 22%

Players in the NBA don't have to take 3s, but they do need to make them. Meaning they don't need to force it or look to make 3s, but another player has given them a wide open look, they gotta drain. Those guys can't do that.

The idea of that line up is to force turn over into fast break. This is not a starting lineup unit as you probably notice, and good against some bench lineup that is not great at defending transition.
tor1234567
Rookie
And1: 990

Post#29 » by tor1234567 » Sun Aug 4, 2019 3:13 am

Sandman88 wrote:
NotMyKawhi wrote:i think our best lineup next year will be

lowry
FVV
Pascal
ibaka
gasol

Nurse mentioned he might play Pascal at the 3...do you guys think it will help or hurt his game?

Nah, we can’t start Ibaka & Gasol, we need a big who can give us some offence off the bench. I’d start OG or Rondae at the 4

True... But it's a good "increase trade value" lineup for the trade deadline.

I think there will definitely be a market for Gasol come playoff time. We can probably get a couple of picks for him. Maybe Ibaka gets us something too. Lowry, for sure, will get us something good... Assuming we have the balls to trade him.

Fred may be worth trading if he's expecting a huge payday that we don't want to lock ourselves into, so upping his stats would be good for us.

Siakam is the only one in that lineup that should not be considered for a trade. Guys like OG and Roadhouse Rollins shouldn't really be showcased, as they could be good future options for us. Definitely give them minutes to develop, but try not to stat stuff with them like you would with Ibaka or Gasol.

Return to Toronto Raptors