ImageImageImageImageImage

Kawhi back in Toronto for Caribana/OVO Fest

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

GordanFreeman
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,165

Re: Kawhi back in Toronto for Caribana/OVO Fest 

Post#101 » by GordanFreeman » Mon Aug 5, 2019 4:10 am

XxIronChainzxX wrote:
GordanFreeman wrote:
rocky_da_best wrote:
Don't know if that was reported and if he asked for it but he'd be getting paid $200 million with endorsements and everything. He can't afford to pay rent for a house or two? He also has to ask the team to provide that? Free food isn't enough? A free condo in downtown isn't enough? GTFO with this notion. He was never coming back. Period.

EDIT: And for you to also shittalk the best raptor of all time in this same post calling him a mental midget is despicable all the while getting on your knees for Kawhi. Some people will forget about the **** you singlehandedly caused during free agency, but I won't. Can't believe you have the audacity to post from this account. Any self respecting individual would have created another one and let this one die.

Man did say he was sure kawhi wasn't coming back, and he was proven right.

If I posted that the invisible, psychic German speaking ferrets that live in my attic told me Kawhi would go, and he ends up leaving, it doesn't mean invisible, psychic, German speaking ferrets exist.

Bruh do you remember the thread he made about his source telling him the bad news regarding whi's decision? While it did cause mass panic, his mouth was held open and everyone in here dropped a deuce. That's enough punishment if you ask me.
What did your source tell you btw alchemist?
XxIronChainzxX
RealGM
And1: 7,659

Post#102 » by XxIronChainzxX » Mon Aug 5, 2019 7:37 am

GordanFreeman wrote:
XxIronChainzxX wrote:
GordanFreeman wrote:
Man did say he was sure kawhi wasn't coming back, and he was proven right.

If I posted that the invisible, psychic German speaking ferrets that live in my attic told me Kawhi would go, and he ends up leaving, it doesn't mean invisible, psychic, German speaking ferrets exist.

Bruh do you remember the thread he made about his source telling him the bad news regarding whi's decision? While it did cause mass panic, his mouth was held open and everyone in here dropped a deuce. That's enough punishment if you ask me.

It was a complete troll thread. As serious as my invisible, psychic German speaking ferrets. Btw, they can see the future and next year we're winning 50+ games and Siakam is going to be all-NBA. People will mock me now, but I'm sure you'll be the first to defend how 100% real my invisible, psychic German speaking ferrets if when my made up bull prediction well-sourced statement that is 100% true comes to pass.
Kevin Willis
RealGM
And1: 7,941

Post#103 » by Kevin Willis » Mon Aug 5, 2019 12:55 pm

TheAlchemist rep got hurt with the Kawhi predictions and his sources. I have to admit he fooled me, I backed him up on that one.
Ska needs to make a comeback.
Klayforspicy
Head Coach
And1: 7,248

Post#104 » by Klayforspicy » Mon Aug 5, 2019 1:46 pm

itsme23 wrote:
MikeM wrote:Kawhi likes Toronto. He just likes LA better because he was born there and his family lives there. How hard is this to grasp?

Run it back m”fer.

Just the Raps luck to have the one and only time a star player wins a title with a team and then decides that he wants to go home and doesn’t want to try and repeat.

Like I said, run it back. I will cheer for his time with the Raptors and what the team accomplished, however I will hope he does not have the same success with the Clippers.

I really think one more year to defend a title was not a lot to ask for considering we rehabilitated the guy, but whatever.

Seeing how psychopathic Ballmer is it seems Clippers were willing to do anything to land him this summer.
team edward
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,981

Post#105 » by team edward » Mon Aug 5, 2019 2:19 pm

The Clippers are not actually a well run organization, despite swiping two games from Golden State thanks to a hot Lou Williams.

And Paul George does not have the playoff chops everyone seems to think he does.

Kawhi will eventually regret his decision
Mascot
Lead Assistant
And1: 972

Post#106 » by Mascot » Mon Aug 5, 2019 2:28 pm

Clippers are going to dot he Boston flop this year. Bunch of guys who worked hard for the team are now thrown on the back burner for guys they brought in.
Basketball_Jones
RealGM
And1: 16,759

Post#107 » by Basketball_Jones » Mon Aug 5, 2019 2:40 pm

Did Drake even perform last night? Or is it tonight? All I see on Instagram are Lloyd/Omarion/Ying Yang twins. Glad I didn’t pay a stack for that crap.
2019 Eastern Conference All Stars

Derozan
Lowry
Ibaka
Valanciunas
Van Vleet
Delon Wright
Lebron
Embiid

There are only 2 teams in the league that rank in the top 6 in offensive and defensive efficiency: the Golden State Warriors and the Toronto Raptors.
Tha Cynic
RealGM
And1: 24,413

Post#108 » by Tha Cynic » Mon Aug 5, 2019 2:45 pm

The Leonard hype is gone in Toronto imo. I doubt he gets even a quarter of the fanfare he got before signing with the Clippers. He's not exactly a blue collar guy that Toronto fans love. A lot of the fanfare was from bandwagon fans and most probably don't give a **** now that he's no longer a Raptor. Heck, I don't give a **** and I've been following this team for 20 years.
Kobe Bryant:You asked for my hustle - I gave you my heart, because it came with so much more."~Kobe #MambaOut
LJKO
RealGM
And1: 16,356

Post#109 » by LJKO » Mon Aug 5, 2019 3:07 pm

Tha Cynic wrote:The Leonard hype is gone in Toronto imo. I doubt he gets even a quarter of the fanfare he got before signing with the Clippers. He's not exactly a blue collar guy that Toronto fans love. A lot of the fanfare was from bandwagon fans and most probably don't give a **** now that he's no longer a Raptor. Heck, I don't give a **** and I've been following this team for 20 years.

Then we still have people who still cares about former ex-Raptors players who hasn't done anything for this franchise :crazy: Trust me when we go back to the dark days they going regret hating on Kawhi and appreciates what he's done :wink:
RaptorsLife
RealGM
And1: 84,016

Post#110 » by RaptorsLife » Mon Aug 5, 2019 3:10 pm

**** derozan and JV

Bums couldn’t win us ****

So happy they won’t ever wear a raptors jersey again
Raptors til death
TheAlchemist
General Manager
And1: 8,235

Post#111 » by TheAlchemist » Mon Aug 5, 2019 3:28 pm

rocky_da_best wrote:
TheAlchemist wrote:I'm in Toronto, been born and raised.

I was pretty upset he left and in the manner of the way he did it; putting a gun to Masais head demanding things not brokered in the collective bargaining agreement.

Most likely Balmer followed through with everything Uncle D asked for, including houses for family relatives etc.

But we're a corporate run franchise with a corporate structured ownership, so until Drake finances the team, we cant run away with it like other franchises.

That being said he's the best Raptors Legend, he put his whole body on the line, and was clearly really injured in the playoffs. Did he do it all for the team , or for his own selfish reasons (establishing himself again)?

We dont know.

But I do know is he literally carried our team through a round or two and took over like a DOMINANT superstar.

Considering Lowry plays the yearly; "mental midget" post season game, We would've been toast without Kawhi.

He brought a championship, gave us a shot, I'm sure it came down to the wire. He deserves respect and adoration. He hasnt once talked down about our city and he has been extremely loving, he just wanted to go home.

If Toronto had warmer weather here, hell even it stays like baseline, a lot of us would want to play here due to the fact that you dont get to see family as much. This also ties in to the whole , asking for houses for families thing. He wanted his extended family to relocate to Canada.

Don't know if that was reported and if he asked for it but he'd be getting paid $200 million with endorsements and everything. He can't afford to pay rent for a house or two? He also has to ask the team to provide that? Free food isn't enough? A free condo in downtown isn't enough? GTFO with this notion. He was never coming back. Period.

EDIT: And for you to also shittalk the best raptor of all time in this same post calling him a mental midget is despicable all the while getting on your knees for Kawhi. Some people will forget about the **** you singlehandedly caused during free agency, but I won't. Can't believe you have the audacity to post from this account. Any self respecting individual would have created another one and let this one die.

Every time I post something you show up and quote me and try to bait me into a argument.

It won't work.

Continue on being the herpes of this board. You clearly don't have a life and I feel sad for you. Go out, take a walk, find something to do. The world is beautiful. No need to get angry and harbor vandetta's.
TheAlchemist
General Manager
And1: 8,235

Post#112 » by TheAlchemist » Mon Aug 5, 2019 3:30 pm

Basketball_Jones wrote:Did Drake even perform last night? Or is it tonight? All I see on Instagram are Lloyd/Omarion/Ying Yang twins. Glad I didn’t pay a stack for that crap.

OVO day 1 had a myriad of crap B list guys that people went crazy for.

Like I was shocked at people losing their minds over Omarion rofl.

I think he performs on day 2 or 3. I'm with you.
Hoodwink
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,273

Post#113 » by Hoodwink » Mon Aug 5, 2019 3:38 pm

TheAlchemist wrote:
rocky_da_best wrote:
TheAlchemist wrote:I'm in Toronto, been born and raised.

I was pretty upset he left and in the manner of the way he did it; putting a gun to Masais head demanding things not brokered in the collective bargaining agreement.

Most likely Balmer followed through with everything Uncle D asked for, including houses for family relatives etc.

But we're a corporate run franchise with a corporate structured ownership, so until Drake finances the team, we cant run away with it like other franchises.

That being said he's the best Raptors Legend, he put his whole body on the line, and was clearly really injured in the playoffs. Did he do it all for the team , or for his own selfish reasons (establishing himself again)?

We dont know.

But I do know is he literally carried our team through a round or two and took over like a DOMINANT superstar.

Considering Lowry plays the yearly; "mental midget" post season game, We would've been toast without Kawhi.

He brought a championship, gave us a shot, I'm sure it came down to the wire. He deserves respect and adoration. He hasnt once talked down about our city and he has been extremely loving, he just wanted to go home.

If Toronto had warmer weather here, hell even it stays like baseline, a lot of us would want to play here due to the fact that you dont get to see family as much. This also ties in to the whole , asking for houses for families thing. He wanted his extended family to relocate to Canada.

Every time I post something you show up and quote me and try to bait me into a argument.

It won't work.

Continue on being the herpes of this board. You clearly don't have a life and I feel sad for you. Go out, take a walk, find something to do. The world is beautiful. No need to get angry and harbor vandetta's.

Now that he's left, what did you know that you weren't sharing with the rest of us? No harm telling us now...

PM me, if you still cant. I'm curious.
Yeezus_
RealGM
And1: 13,741

Post#114 » by Yeezus_ » Mon Aug 5, 2019 3:47 pm

TheAlchemist wrote:
Basketball_Jones wrote:Did Drake even perform last night? Or is it tonight? All I see on Instagram are Lloyd/Omarion/Ying Yang twins. Glad I didn’t pay a stack for that crap.

Drake has never performed on Day 1. Day 1 was the Millennium Tour since they didnt come to Toronto basically. Drake is performing tonight like he always does at OVO fest Day 2. There is no day 3.
Yeezy SZN approaching
GordanFreeman
Assistant Coach

Post#115 » by GordanFreeman » Mon Aug 5, 2019 3:49 pm

RaptorsLife wrote:**** derozan and JV

Bums couldn’t win us ****

So happy they won’t ever wear a raptors jersey again

You've got alot of misplaced anger in you thivyan.
GordanFreeman
Assistant Coach

Post#116 » by GordanFreeman » Mon Aug 5, 2019 3:51 pm

XxIronChainzxX wrote:
GordanFreeman wrote:
XxIronChainzxX wrote:

It was a complete troll thread. As serious as my invisible, psychic German speaking ferrets. Btw, they can see the future and next year we're winning 50+ games and Siakam is going to be all-NBA. People will mock me now, but I'm sure you'll be the first to defend how 100% real my invisible, psychic German speaking ferrets if when my made up bull prediction well-sourced statement that is 100% true comes to pass.

I don't think it was, although we'll never know with certainty unless alchemist tells us. He seemed pretty upset, almost suicidal, about what his source told him.
Basketball_Jones
RealGM
And1: 16,759

Post#117 » by Basketball_Jones » Mon Aug 5, 2019 3:54 pm

Yeezus_ wrote:
TheAlchemist wrote:

Drake has never performed on Day 1. Day 1 was the Millennium Tour since they didnt come to Toronto basically. Drake is performing tonight like he always does at OVO fest Day 2. There is no day 3.

Oh damn. I wonder if there were rookies like me that would get day 1 and not day 2 pissed off they spent 800 bucks on b2k tickets
2019 Eastern Conference All Stars

Derozan
Lowry
Ibaka
Valanciunas
Van Vleet
Delon Wright
Lebron
Embiid

There are only 2 teams in the league that rank in the top 6 in offensive and defensive efficiency: the Golden State Warriors and the Toronto Raptors.
Danny1616
General Manager
And1: 12,725

Post#118 » by Danny1616 » Mon Aug 5, 2019 5:13 pm

Mascot wrote:Clippers are going to dot he Boston flop this year. Bunch of guys who worked hard for the team are now thrown on the back burner for guys they brought in.

Not really...they replaced SGA and Danilo with George and Kawhi...the rotations and everything else won't change much.

If healthy, as much as I hate them, they are the favorites. Not since Jordan and Pippen has a team had 2 of the top 3 two-way players on the same squad.

The only way they will be a flop is due to injuries. George is coming off a torn labrum to his right shoulder and Kawhi has those quad issues. George has had other injury issues in the past, as well. At 29 years old it will be interesting to see if he starts breaking down like McGrady did or can continue to play well.
Boogie!
RealGM
And1: 52,782
Location: Ba da da da daaaaaa. If you build it, they will come!

Post#119 » by Boogie! » Mon Aug 5, 2019 5:45 pm

Mascot wrote:Clippers are going to dot he Boston flop this year. Bunch of guys who worked hard for the team are now thrown on the back burner for guys they brought in.

Kawhi and George are better than irving and Hayward tbh...
mdenny wrote:In anycase....Masai is probably gonna make Fred the first active player/head coach in franchise history now that Nurse is out of the way. That's been the plan all along.
lobosloboslobos
RealGM
And1: 17,824

Post#120 » by lobosloboslobos » Mon Aug 5, 2019 8:43 pm

Spicy P wrote:
Scott Hall wrote:
Double Helix wrote:Torontonians: “We told ya it was fun in the summer!”

Kawhi: “I know. My friends and family now have this all year long plus an actual ocean! But enjoy this guys! In 5 more months it’s...”

:-(

I must be the only sick f*ck that likes this weather.... Today I had to have a shower when I came home from sweating
under the sun all day today.

Also Winter clothing is so much more stylish then summer clothes only thing I like is watching all the girls
wear skimpy clothes and seeing the puppies out for the summer.

You’re not the only one. I’m starting to hate summer now as an adult. I like summer evenings, but can’t deal with it during the day. Spring and fall are my preferred seasons. Summer is way too hot and getting unbearable. At least in the winter, I can control my temperature by adding or reducing layers. That one weekend where we had 45+ degrees with the humidity was disgusting and I had to stay inside all day. The snow is my only gripe with winter. If there was no snow in the winter, I’d have no issue with it.

Ah the 24 on Sherbrooke (that's Montreal FYI)...brings back memories...I used to bumper hitch on the 24 when it was all snowy like that. man that was fun. dangerous af but fun! one time i watched my buddy go by on Sherbrooke right where this picture was taken bumper hitching with a cop car driving right behind him. good times!

Return to Toronto Raptors