ImageImageImageImageImage

Kawhi back in Toronto for Caribana/OVO Fest

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Basketball_Jones
RealGM
And1: 16,733

Re: Kawhi back in Toronto for Caribana/OVO Fest 

Post#141 » by Basketball_Jones » Tue Aug 6, 2019 4:46 pm

OVO day 2 looked crazy! I know the routine now, buy for day 2. Ignore whatever cheeseball lineup is there for day one. I still wouldn’t pay more then 300 for a ticket though
2019 Eastern Conference All Stars

Derozan
Lowry
Ibaka
Valanciunas
Van Vleet
Delon Wright
Lebron
Embiid

There are only 2 teams in the league that rank in the top 6 in offensive and defensive efficiency: the Golden State Warriors and the Toronto Raptors.
Kevin Willis
RealGM
And1: 7,941

Post#142 » by Kevin Willis » Tue Aug 6, 2019 4:55 pm

hype_2004 wrote:
Kevin Willis wrote:
GG0701 wrote:
Restaurant pic in SD was before he left. There wouldn’t be pics at the club. I’m not sure what fashion event you mean so I don’t know about that. I thought he left before OVO so I was confused by Drake saying he was there.

https://toronto.citynews.ca/video/2019/08/01/serge-ibaka-launches-underwear-line-with-local-company/

Serge had a charitable fashion event for underwear on August 1st. Serge has also been doing fashion in Paris recently. Kawhi was not at Serge's event. Plus Serge was at Yorkville and the pictures of Kawhi were from Yorkdale, not close. Considering Drake said Kawhi was here, he was most likely here. Maybe Kawhi and Serge met up this weekend, we have no clue and really it doesn't matter.

Who gives a ****, NBA players love to visit the city in the SUMMER, but would never live here 365 days in the year.

I'm not a fan of absolutes and you shouldn't be too. I am 100% positive that there are plenty of NBA players who would live here all year long. Even if you remove the Canadians and those that are married to Canadians, there are many who would.
Ska needs to make a comeback.
MavCarter
RealGM
And1: 30,987

Post#143 » by MavCarter » Tue Aug 6, 2019 8:32 pm

Read on Twitter
#Enjoytheride
MavCarter
RealGM

Post#144 » by MavCarter » Tue Aug 6, 2019 8:33 pm

#Enjoytheride
And1Skip
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,740

Post#145 » by And1Skip » Tue Aug 6, 2019 8:34 pm

MavCarter wrote:
Read on Twitter

That pic is old and was likely after they won but before free agency. The custom suit company was simply posting that they are going to work on something with Kawhi. The photo you posted above, the suit company posted yesterday should be recent as Kawhi is wearing the same t-shirt he was spotted at Sherway.
MavCarter
RealGM

Post#146 » by MavCarter » Tue Aug 6, 2019 8:39 pm

And1Skip wrote:
MavCarter wrote:
Read on Twitter

That pic is old and was during last season when he was playing for the Raptors. The custom suit company was simply posting that they are going to work on something with Kawhi. The photo you posted above, the suit company posted yesterday should be recent as Kawhi is wearing the same t-shirt he was spotted at Sherway.

Hes wearing the ovo championship hat how could it be during the season?
#Enjoytheride
And1Skip
Lead Assistant

Post#147 » by And1Skip » Tue Aug 6, 2019 8:57 pm

MavCarter wrote:
And1Skip wrote:
MavCarter wrote:

That pic is old and was during last season when he was playing for the Raptors. The custom suit company was simply posting that they are going to work on something with Kawhi. The photo you posted above, the suit company posted yesterday should be recent as Kawhi is wearing the same t-shirt he was spotted at Sherway.

My bad i meant it was after they won and before free agency. That picture was posted by the custom suit company 5 days ago and Kawhi wasn't here then. The photo they posted yesterday matches though and Jeremy is still wearing the hat.
B-Ball Freak
RealGM
And1: 11,433

Post#148 » by B-Ball Freak » Tue Aug 6, 2019 9:57 pm

LOL who really cares if he was here for Caribana weekend? he did say he was going to check it out in How Hungry Are You. Lebron, Draymond and a bunch of other players were also here for the weekend.
B-Ball Freak
RealGM
And1: 11,433

Post#149 » by B-Ball Freak » Tue Aug 6, 2019 9:58 pm

RedX wrote:
RaptorsLife wrote:**** derozan and JV

Bums couldn’t win us ****

So happy they won’t ever wear a raptors jersey again

The **** is wrong w you? Going through a breakup?

:lol: :lol: :lol:
hype_2004
RealGM
And1: 4,658

Post#150 » by hype_2004 » Tue Aug 6, 2019 10:03 pm

Kevin Willis wrote:
hype_2004 wrote:
Kevin Willis wrote:
https://toronto.citynews.ca/video/2019/08/01/serge-ibaka-launches-underwear-line-with-local-company/

Serge had a charitable fashion event for underwear on August 1st. Serge has also been doing fashion in Paris recently. Kawhi was not at Serge's event. Plus Serge was at Yorkville and the pictures of Kawhi were from Yorkdale, not close. Considering Drake said Kawhi was here, he was most likely here. Maybe Kawhi and Serge met up this weekend, we have no clue and really it doesn't matter.

Who gives a ****, NBA players love to visit the city in the SUMMER, but would never live here 365 days in the year.

I'm not a fan of absolutes and you shouldn't be too. I am 100% positive that there are plenty of NBA players who would live here all year long. Even if you remove the Canadians and those that are married to Canadians, there are many who would.

Name one American player that lived here 365 days a year and chose to become a Canadian citizen and put down his roots here.
XxIronChainzxX
RealGM
And1: 7,659

Post#151 » by XxIronChainzxX » Tue Aug 6, 2019 10:44 pm

hype_2004 wrote:
Kevin Willis wrote:
hype_2004 wrote:

Name one American player that lived here 365 days a year and chose to become a Canadian citizen and put down his roots here.

Hasn't Bonner done it? And no one with money would be here 365 even if they're Canadian.
Section_306
Analyst
And1: 1,576

Post#152 » by Section_306 » Tue Aug 6, 2019 10:59 pm

lol this **** place in the middle of summer is like winning over cancer only to get aids the next day
Kevin Willis
RealGM

Post#153 » by Kevin Willis » Wed Aug 7, 2019 12:01 am

XxIronChainzxX wrote:
hype_2004 wrote:
Kevin Willis wrote:

Hasn't Bonner done it? And no one with money would be here 365 even if they're Canadian.

Yes Bonner has done it. Also don't switch parameters for the hype poster. Living here and becoming a citizen are two different things. Garnett for one had a property here. Most athletes have multiple properties throughout the states and becoming a citizen is not necessary to have a property in Canada. Citizenship is a hassle and it looks 'unAmerican' to get a citizenship to another country.

I also don't know what you mean by no one with money would be here 365 even if they're Canadian. This inferiority complex is silly. Many actors and actresses have moved to Canada, or own property, for the simple fact of legalized gay marriage and smoking weed legally. Free healthcare is also a draw. Have faith in your country, it's a desired place.

Also the Canadians that play in the NBA tend to live here because they're Canadian citizens. If you're Lou Williams who has lived most of his life in the US and now lives in LA I can understand why he wants to back to what's familiar. That's why European players tend to go back to Europe during the off-season. They're citizens of Germany, Lithuanian, Spain, Greece or whatever.
XxIronChainzxX
RealGM
And1: 7,659

Post#154 » by XxIronChainzxX » Wed Aug 7, 2019 12:08 am

Kevin Willis wrote:
XxIronChainzxX wrote:
hype_2004 wrote:

Yes Bonner has done it. Also don't switch parameters for the hype poster. Living here and becoming a citizen are two different things. Garnett for one had a property here. Most athletes have multiple properties throughout the states and becoming a citizen is not necessary to have a property in Canada. Citizenship is a hassle and it looks 'unAmerican' to get a citizenship to another country.

I also don't know what you mean by no one with money would be here 365 even if they're Canadian. This inferiority complex is silly. Many actors and actresses have moved to Canada, or own property, for the simple fact of legalized gay marriage and smoking weed legally. Free healthcare is also a draw. Have faith in your country, it's a desired place.

Also the Canadians that play in the NBA tend to live here because they're Canadian citizens. If you're Lou Williams who has lived most of his life in the US and now lives in LA I can understand why he wants to back to what's familiar. That's why European players tend to go back to Europe during the off-season. They're citizens of Germany, Lithuanian, Spain, Greece or whatever.

I'm just saying that literally 365 days is a bit of a nonsense standard because people with money travel, etc. If you count travel for work and leisure, I probably only live here 300 days / year.

My point is that if you had someone who lived here half the year long-term that's more or less adopting Canada.

It doesn't really have anything to do with an inferiority complex, it was just a needlessly hyperbolic thing to say.
hype_2004
RealGM
And1: 4,658

Post#155 » by hype_2004 » Wed Aug 7, 2019 12:11 am

XxIronChainzxX wrote:
hype_2004 wrote:
Kevin Willis wrote:

I'm talking about having roots here, raising a family completely abandoning America to live in Canada. Of course no one with money will live in Canada for 365 days yr lol they can take vacations out of the country but the question is about putting roots.
Patman
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23,410

Post#156 » by Patman » Wed Aug 7, 2019 1:38 am

MavCarter wrote:
And1Skip wrote:
MavCarter wrote:
Read on Twitter

Because that's how confident Kawhi was that we were winning it all.
Mattd97
Head Coach
And1: 2,489

Post#157 » by Mattd97 » Wed Aug 7, 2019 1:51 am

And1Skip wrote:
MavCarter wrote:
And1Skip wrote:

My bad i meant it was after they won and before free agency. That picture was posted by the custom suit company 5 days ago and Kawhi wasn't here then. The photo they posted yesterday matches though and Jeremy is still wearing the hat.

For what it's worth, they said it was taken this past weekend in the comments
vergogna wrote:- game starts at 3.50
- nice passing at 4.15
- BARGS REBOUND at 4.47
- BARGS REBOUND (almost) at 6.23
And1Skip
Lead Assistant

Post#158 » by And1Skip » Wed Aug 7, 2019 2:07 am

Mattd97 wrote:
And1Skip wrote:
MavCarter wrote:

Ya my bad. Perhaps that’s just how Kawhi is and he doesn’t like to waste clothing. Maybe left some boxes in Toronto so he didn’t have to pack that much coming back lol

Though I still don’t understand how that pic was posted by the suit company “6 days ago” from right now at 10pm which was last Thursday and how the pic would’ve been taken on Saturday which is what the guy said in the comments
GG0701
Junior
And1: 207

Post#159 » by GG0701 » Wed Aug 7, 2019 2:21 am

And1Skip wrote:
Mattd97 wrote:
And1Skip wrote:

Ya my bad. Perhaps that’s just how Kawhi is and he doesn’t like to waste clothing. Maybe left some boxes in Toronto so he didn’t have to pack that much coming back lol

Though I still don’t understand how that pic was posted by the suit company “6 days ago” from right now at 10pm which was last Thursday and how the pic would’ve been taken on Saturday which is what the guy said in the comments

The recent pic was Saturday. Maybe he’s talking about that? Because the can’t be in San Diego since Kawhi was here.
Kevin Willis
RealGM

Post#160 » by Kevin Willis » Wed Aug 7, 2019 2:35 am

MavCarter wrote:
Read on Twitter

That wrap is not encouraging. I hope he doesn't try to play all 82 games to prove a point, he needs load management...

Then again, it's an issue for Clippers.

Return to Toronto Raptors