ImageImageImageImageImage

Kawhi back in Toronto for Caribana/OVO Fest

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

xAIRNESSx
RealGM
And1: 13,146

Re: Kawhi back in Toronto for Caribana/OVO Fest 

Post#81 » by xAIRNESSx » Sun Aug 4, 2019 6:21 pm

He's just here for a good time, not a long time.

**** Kawhi.
-AirCanada-
Pro Prospect
And1: 847

Post#82 » by -AirCanada- » Sun Aug 4, 2019 6:23 pm

xAIRNESSx wrote:He's just here for a good time, not a long time.

**** Kawhi.

"can’t put out a paragraph or whatever"

bitch ass ******
Mister Ze
RealGM
And1: 23,201

Post#83 » by Mister Ze » Sun Aug 4, 2019 6:32 pm

tdotrep2 wrote:hopefully in 2 years when he realizes no 1 cares about the clippers he comes back.

Does anyone outside of Canada care about the Raptors though ?
Jim Todd Jr.
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,483

Post#84 » by Jim Todd Jr. » Sun Aug 4, 2019 6:36 pm

Man wins us our first title and hes not welcome back? LOL

He can keep that key to the city as far as Im concerned. Yall just so short sighted and emotional.
Chips with the dip baybeeee.
RaptorsLife
RealGM
And1: 84,016

Post#85 » by RaptorsLife » Sun Aug 4, 2019 6:38 pm

-AirCanada- wrote:
RaptorsLife wrote:Only people who hating on Kawhi is on message boards not irl in Canada

Never met anyone I know that said **** Kawhi

Born and raised in Toronto my whole life.

**** Kawhi and anyone who thinks the Raptors or Toronto should treat him any type of special way.

I don’t think you even read my post

I don’t give a single **** about what you think of Kawhi

My point was the vast majority don’t feel that feel way just internet boards
Raptors til death
xAIRNESSx
RealGM
And1: 13,146

Post#86 » by xAIRNESSx » Sun Aug 4, 2019 6:50 pm

RaptorsLife wrote:
-AirCanada- wrote:
RaptorsLife wrote:Only people who hating on Kawhi is on message boards not irl in Canada

**** Kawhi and anyone who thinks the Raptors or Toronto should treat him any type of special way.

It’s not usually sound thinking to make conclusions based off anecdotal evidence.
-AirCanada-
Pro Prospect
And1: 847

Post#87 » by -AirCanada- » Sun Aug 4, 2019 7:10 pm

RaptorsLife wrote:
-AirCanada- wrote:

the vast majority do feel that way though, you in the bubble
Young_Buc
General Manager
And1: 9,130

Post#88 » by Young_Buc » Sun Aug 4, 2019 7:26 pm

Vast majority in Toronto (can't speak for outside of here) are either **** Kawhi or sad that he left and trying to come to terms.

The whole "honor him" thing is on the net or probably outside of the city.
jaketherap
General Manager
And1: 3,174

Post#89 » by jaketherap » Sun Aug 4, 2019 7:27 pm

Glad Kawhi was a Raptor. Too bad it was only for one year. Hope he has/had a good time here this weekend and dropped lots of $$$. Hope the Clippers fail miserably this year.
TheAlchemist
General Manager
And1: 8,235

Post#90 » by TheAlchemist » Sun Aug 4, 2019 7:38 pm

I'm in Toronto, been born and raised.

I was pretty upset he left and in the manner of the way he did it; putting a gun to Masais head demanding things not brokered in the collective bargaining agreement.

Most likely Balmer followed through with everything Uncle D asked for, including houses for family relatives etc.

But we're a corporate run franchise with a corporate structured ownership, so until Drake finances the team, we cant run away with it like other franchises.

That being said he's the best Raptors Legend, he put his whole body on the line, and was clearly really injured in the playoffs. Did he do it all for the team , or for his own selfish reasons (establishing himself again)?

We dont know.

But I do know is he literally carried our team through a round or two and took over like a DOMINANT superstar.

Considering Lowry plays the yearly; "mental midget" post season game, We would've been toast without Kawhi.

He brought a championship, gave us a shot, I'm sure it came down to the wire. He deserves respect and adoration. He hasnt once talked down about our city and he has been extremely loving, he just wanted to go home.

If Toronto had warmer weather here, hell even it stays like baseline, a lot of us would want to play here due to the fact that you dont get to see family as much. This also ties in to the whole , asking for houses for families thing. He wanted his extended family to relocate to Canada.
Kingsway_fan
RealGM
And1: 8,890

Post#91 » by Kingsway_fan » Sun Aug 4, 2019 7:48 pm

You can't change the weather...nba is a winter sport... Toronto winters are horrible.... can't blame him or other southern US born players from preferring sun over snow and cold...

He gets a standing ovation upon his return..no doubts about that...

People who boo just have no class as far as I am concerned.
rocky_da_best
Assistant Coach
And1: 8,850

Post#92 » by rocky_da_best » Sun Aug 4, 2019 8:39 pm

TheAlchemist wrote:I'm in Toronto, been born and raised.

I was pretty upset he left and in the manner of the way he did it; putting a gun to Masais head demanding things not brokered in the collective bargaining agreement.

Most likely Balmer followed through with everything Uncle D asked for, including houses for family relatives etc.

But we're a corporate run franchise with a corporate structured ownership, so until Drake finances the team, we cant run away with it like other franchises.

That being said he's the best Raptors Legend, he put his whole body on the line, and was clearly really injured in the playoffs. Did he do it all for the team , or for his own selfish reasons (establishing himself again)?

We dont know.

But I do know is he literally carried our team through a round or two and took over like a DOMINANT superstar.

Considering Lowry plays the yearly; "mental midget" post season game, We would've been toast without Kawhi.

He brought a championship, gave us a shot, I'm sure it came down to the wire. He deserves respect and adoration. He hasnt once talked down about our city and he has been extremely loving, he just wanted to go home.

If Toronto had warmer weather here, hell even it stays like baseline, a lot of us would want to play here due to the fact that you dont get to see family as much. This also ties in to the whole , asking for houses for families thing. He wanted his extended family to relocate to Canada.

Don't know if that was reported and if he asked for it but he'd be getting paid $200 million with endorsements and everything. He can't afford to pay rent for a house or two? He also has to ask the team to provide that? Free food isn't enough? A free condo in downtown isn't enough? GTFO with this notion. He was never coming back. Period.

EDIT: And for you to also shittalk the best raptor of all time in this same post calling him a mental midget is despicable all the while getting on your knees for Kawhi. Some people will forget about the **** you singlehandedly caused during free agency, but I won't. Can't believe you have the audacity to post from this account. Any self respecting individual would have created another one and let this one die.
Coco Costanza
Analyst
And1: 5,993

Post#93 » by Coco Costanza » Mon Aug 5, 2019 12:22 am

Spicy P wrote:
Scott Hall wrote:
Double Helix wrote:Torontonians: “We told ya it was fun in the summer!”

Kawhi: “I know. My friends and family now have this all year long plus an actual ocean! But enjoy this guys! In 5 more months it’s...”

:-(

I must be the only sick f*ck that likes this weather.... Today I had to have a shower when I came home from sweating
under the sun all day today.

Also Winter clothing is so much more stylish then summer clothes only thing I like is watching all the girls
wear skimpy clothes and seeing the puppies out for the summer.

You’re not the only one. I’m starting to hate summer now as an adult. I like summer evenings, but can’t deal with it during the day. Spring and fall are my preferred seasons. Summer is way too hot and getting unbearable. At least in the winter, I can control my temperature by adding or reducing layers. That one weekend where we had 45+ degrees with the humidity was disgusting and I had to stay inside all day. The snow is my only gripe with winter. If there was no snow in the winter, I’d have no issue with it.

I feel the same way. While winter certainly has its drawbacks, I feel like it's easier to make yourself comfortable than it is in the summer. The heat just makes me feel very lethargic, and not having AC can be brutal.
Antinomy wrote:Bucks are going to win the next 2 games (convincingly). This place is gonna be a wasteland :lol:

In the words of Charles Barkley: I Guar-RUN-tee.

You are all welcome to sig me.
Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,407

Post#94 » by Raps in 4 » Mon Aug 5, 2019 12:29 am

Coco Costanza wrote:
Spicy P wrote:
Scott Hall wrote:
I must be the only sick f*ck that likes this weather.... Today I had to have a shower when I came home from sweating
under the sun all day today.

Also Winter clothing is so much more stylish then summer clothes only thing I like is watching all the girls
wear skimpy clothes and seeing the puppies out for the summer.

You’re not the only one. I’m starting to hate summer now as an adult. I like summer evenings, but can’t deal with it during the day. Spring and fall are my preferred seasons. Summer is way too hot and getting unbearable. At least in the winter, I can control my temperature by adding or reducing layers. That one weekend where we had 45+ degrees with the humidity was disgusting and I had to stay inside all day. The snow is my only gripe with winter. If there was no snow in the winter, I’d have no issue with it.

I feel the same way. While winter certainly has its drawbacks, I feel like it's easier to make yourself comfortable than it is in the summer. The heat just makes me feel very lethargic, and not having AC can be brutal.

I can't force myself to do anything in the winter. I'd rather stay in and watch TV/play video games/jerk off than do anything fun or productive.

I'm so much more motivated to do things in the summer. There is no need to get dressed in 18 layers of clothing (you can actually dress nicely in summer). If I need to walk 50 meters to the convenience store, I can do it in my slippers and shorts. Your skin also doesn't burn from the -35 wind chill. You can hide from the sun but you can't hide from the cold.

Sure, sweating sucks, but you sweat in winter too whenever you enter any form of public transit and don't have room to take off your 50 kg jacket.
Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,407

Post#95 » by Raps in 4 » Mon Aug 5, 2019 12:33 am

Scott Hall wrote:
Raps in 4 wrote:
Scott Hall wrote:Also Winter clothing is so much more stylish then summer clothes

lolwut

?

Dressing nice in winter is the hardest thing to do. Layers are ugly. Boots are ugly. Winter jackets are ugly. Hats ruin your hair.
Coco Costanza
Analyst
And1: 5,993

Post#96 » by Coco Costanza » Mon Aug 5, 2019 1:12 am

Raps in 4 wrote:
Coco Costanza wrote:
Spicy P wrote:

I can't force myself to do anything in the winter. I'd rather stay in and watch TV/play video games/jerk off than do anything fun or productive.

I'm so much more motivated to do things in the summer. There is no need to get dressed in 18 layers of clothing (you can actually dress nicely in summer). If I need to walk 50 meters to the convenience store, I can do it in my slippers and shorts. Your skin also doesn't burn from the -35 wind chill. You can hide from the sun but you can't hide from the cold.

Sure, sweating sucks, but you sweat in winter too whenever you enter any form of public transit and don't have room to take off your 50 kg jacket.

Like I said, they both have drawbacks. But I find there sometimes reaches a point in the summer where you just can't get cooler if you don't have air conditioning. At night, in bed, it's not like I can get any more naked than I already am. At least in winter I can dress warmer, or put on more blankets on my bed if I get cold.

As for dressing, I think I prefer the cold. I don't wear t-shirts and shorts when I go out anymore, so clothing options for keeping myself cool tend to be limited for me.
Antinomy wrote:Bucks are going to win the next 2 games (convincingly). This place is gonna be a wasteland :lol:

In the words of Charles Barkley: I Guar-RUN-tee.

You are all welcome to sig me.
B-Ball Freak
RealGM
And1: 11,433

Post#97 » by B-Ball Freak » Mon Aug 5, 2019 1:43 am

Im not on team f*ck Kawhi but I'm damn sure not going to honor or cheer for him while he's here, he doesn't play for the Raptors any more.
GordanFreeman
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,165

Post#98 » by GordanFreeman » Mon Aug 5, 2019 1:48 am

rocky_da_best wrote:

We dont know.

Don't know if that was reported and if he asked for it but he'd be getting paid $200 million with endorsements and everything. He can't afford to pay rent for a house or two? He also has to ask the team to provide that? Free food isn't enough? A free condo in downtown isn't enough? GTFO with this notion. He was never coming back. Period.

EDIT: And for you to also shittalk the best raptor of all time in this same post calling him a mental midget is despicable all the while getting on your knees for Kawhi. Some people will forget about the **** you singlehandedly caused during free agency, but I won't. Can't believe you have the audacity to post from this account. Any self respecting individual would have created another one and let this one die.

Man did say he was sure kawhi wasn't coming back, and he was proven right.
XxIronChainzxX
RealGM
And1: 7,659

Post#99 » by XxIronChainzxX » Mon Aug 5, 2019 3:15 am

GordanFreeman wrote:
rocky_da_best wrote:

We dont know.

Man did say he was sure kawhi wasn't coming back, and he was proven right.

If I posted that the invisible, psychic German speaking ferrets that live in my attic told me Kawhi would go, and he ends up leaving, it doesn't mean invisible, psychic, German speaking ferrets exist.
itsme23
Rookie
And1: 1,064

Post#100 » by itsme23 » Mon Aug 5, 2019 3:24 am

MikeM wrote:Kawhi likes Toronto. He just likes LA better because he was born there and his family lives there. How hard is this to grasp?

Run it back m”fer.

Just the Raps luck to have the one and only time a star player wins a title with a team and then decides that he wants to go home and doesn’t want to try and repeat.

Like I said, run it back. I will cheer for his time with the Raptors and what the team accomplished, however I will hope he does not have the same success with the Clippers.

Return to Toronto Raptors