ImageImageImageImageImage

Its been hot as **** since June,

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

AirCanadaMouse
Starter
And1: 1,857

Re: Its been hot as **** since June, 

Post#41 » by AirCanadaMouse » Mon Aug 5, 2019 12:45 pm

May, June, July, August, September, heck even October is bearable.

Where are you guys getting "there's only 3 months" to enjoy Toronto. Ya'll are spoiled AF or in high school.

Half the year is warm, half the year is cold. That's how it is. May was colder this year, but let's not act like we can't enjoy the city when it's 11 degrees outside. Seriously. Rock a sweater and a toque and enjoy your night, even in late April. These are usually the best times to enjoy the city anyways, because going out when it's not too hot or too cold is obviously the sweet spot.

I hate Winter simply for the driving, it legit makes commutes really bad. It might be easy to say "I can't wait for Winter" when you're unemployed and able to hibernate at home, but for us working folk, Winter is the absolute worst. I will take 30 degree weather anytime over that.
Thank you Clutch0z24
Hipster Doofus
Head Coach
And1: 6,491

Post#42 » by Hipster Doofus » Mon Aug 5, 2019 1:13 pm

Brandon_Roy wrote:Ive heard how some prefer winter to summer..I wouldn't go that far but this heat is not fun. Coming from a very hot background i might add.

And after its all said and done we still have to hold a bad rep among the league for **** weather even though the climate is no different than NY, CHI etc.
We The North my ass.

Unless youre laid out on Wasaga beach this heat is not pleasant to be out and about in.
I much rather prefer the Fall (Fall > Spring > Summer= Winter, tbh im actually looking forward to that more than the actual NBA season.

Good writing, I lol-ed.

In any case, in terms of global warming in general, while most countries of the world will suffer, Canada will flourish because of it. At least in the short-term (~50 years or so).
Truth is on the side of the oppressed.
rotty
Head Coach
And1: 35,090

Post#43 » by rotty » Mon Aug 5, 2019 1:28 pm

It has actually gotten better as you made this thread. The weather rn is good. When it goes past 35 is when it sucks. But yes hot > cold
arneil
Sophomore
And1: 119

Post#44 » by arneil » Mon Aug 5, 2019 1:35 pm

I guess Im one of the rare ones that love winter lol! Well, I like seasonal change. I sweat when I sleep and I hate it. I have a hard time sleeping when its really hot. I sleep much easier in the winter or when the AC is on to cool me off. And for some reason..Ill take snow any day lol! Although I was born and raised in Toronto I now live in Montreal and the summers here are haaaaaaawt! And the winters are cold. The weather in Montreal is pretty the same in Toronto but just a bit more extreme. But, I like winter lol! There's something humbling about being inside during the cold nights with a bowl of warm soup (usually home made ramen for me) and watching some Netflix/basketball games. But theres also something refreshing walking out in a very brisk sunny day with the sound of crunching snow
under my feet. I dunno. I like it lol!
Jcity08
RealGM
And1: 15,527

Post#45 » by Jcity08 » Mon Aug 5, 2019 2:25 pm

I love the heat, so I'm not complaining. As soon as I retire, I'm going to be a snowbird and fly south for the winter.

Signed with team T.W.O for the 2022-23 2023-24 season.
ratul
General Manager
And1: 4,402

Post#46 » by ratul » Mon Aug 5, 2019 2:32 pm

The winter sucks but at least we are not Calgary. My buddy was saying it starts snowing in September!
Basketball_Jones
RealGM
And1: 16,759

Post#47 » by Basketball_Jones » Mon Aug 5, 2019 2:37 pm

720 wrote:
Basketball_Jones wrote:Lol @ enjoying winter over summer. Snow storms, ice storms, power outages, traffic accidents, wind chill blowing all in your face when walking outside, yeah it’s great...

I’d honestly take the wind directly hitting my face during the middle of winter over this humidity.

You like that frost bite turning your face numb? I don’t get it.
2019 Eastern Conference All Stars

Derozan
Lowry
Ibaka
Valanciunas
Van Vleet
Delon Wright
Lebron
Embiid

There are only 2 teams in the league that rank in the top 6 in offensive and defensive efficiency: the Golden State Warriors and the Toronto Raptors.
nestea
Veteran
And1: 1,778

Post#48 » by nestea » Mon Aug 5, 2019 5:29 pm

Last year was much more humid than this year
Im an Optomist, not an optometrist!
kwajo
Lead Assistant
And1: 12,227

Post#49 » by kwajo » Mon Aug 5, 2019 5:56 pm

If you don't like the crazy swings in temperature between Winter and Summer, move to the coasts. The ocean regulates things much more than the wacky continental weather patterns, we get much more mild Winters and cooler Summers, win + win as far as I'm concerned.
”I’m just a man, standing in front of a Raptor, asking them to love me.”
bape_lovers
RealGM
And1: 17,911

Post#50 » by bape_lovers » Mon Aug 5, 2019 6:24 pm

Joining you in Florida bruh

Jcity08 wrote:I love the heat, so I'm not complaining. As soon as I retire, I'm going to be a snowbird and fly south for the winter.

Credit to JaysRule, Detective
Rapsalot
Head Coach
And1: 1,646

Post#51 » by Rapsalot » Mon Aug 5, 2019 6:46 pm

Maybe it is just a down town thing? Next 10 days only shows 25 for the best high?
Now if you want to talk humidity than that is the Mid US issue. Every year the Minnesota, Ohio and Mississippi rivers flood US has had wet winter and spring. This puts more water in the ground and when Summer comes it evaporates and adds to the heat index. Dryer winters and springs in Mid US mean less humidity for Great Lakes to North East plus Ontario and Quebec. Maybe next year?!
wolywood
Ballboy
And1: 76

Post#52 » by wolywood » Mon Aug 5, 2019 6:57 pm

Personally I like how Toronto has 4 distinct seasons. Even Kawhi mentioned how he enjoyed getting the "full Mother Nature experience" that you can't really have in San Antonio or LA.
Senbonzakura
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,920

Post#53 » by Senbonzakura » Mon Aug 5, 2019 7:02 pm

This heat is all a hoax created by the Chinese. They have moved on from turning the frogs gay and creating fake moon landing footage to artificially increasing temperatures to push their globalist fantasies. I for one will be grabbing my rifle and waiting for FEMA to come to my home so I can protect myself and my family from the impending New World Order. The illuminati is upon us and we must stand up to their ways.
Basketball_Jones
RealGM
And1: 16,759

Post#54 » by Basketball_Jones » Mon Aug 5, 2019 7:16 pm

It honestly hasn’t been heat wave territory. It’s been kind of perfect. Some 30 degree heat but mainly high 20’s. This really isn’t a problem. It’s not like we’re in Japan or Italy with people literally dying in 40 degree heat.
2019 Eastern Conference All Stars

Derozan
Lowry
Ibaka
Valanciunas
Van Vleet
Delon Wright
Lebron
Embiid

There are only 2 teams in the league that rank in the top 6 in offensive and defensive efficiency: the Golden State Warriors and the Toronto Raptors.
Oakville_Raptor
Head Coach
And1: 3,771

Post#55 » by Oakville_Raptor » Mon Aug 5, 2019 8:14 pm

Get the f@ck out complaining about the Toronto summer weather...go live in Nunavut then
lobosloboslobos
RealGM
And1: 17,824

Post#56 » by lobosloboslobos » Mon Aug 5, 2019 8:34 pm

Living in Ottawa we get way more extreme weather than Toronto. Way colder in winter and way hotter in summer.

Ottawa had 17 days over 30 degrees last month and Toronto only had 2!

gotta get out and enjoy it or else you'll spend your life complaining and hiding from it
Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,407

Post#57 » by Raps in 4 » Mon Aug 5, 2019 8:38 pm

wolywood wrote:Personally I like how Toronto has 4 distinct seasons. Even Kawhi mentioned how he enjoyed getting the "full Mother Nature experience" that you can't really have in San Antonio or LA.

Most of the world gets all 4 seasons. Winter is definitely the dominant season here (it lasts from November to April). States like PA or NY are a much more balanced representation of 4 season weather.
will
RealGM
And1: 49,385
Location: Pat's Homestyle Jamaican Restaurant. Shouts to Sheryl's Caribbean Cuisine

Post#58 » by will » Mon Aug 5, 2019 8:44 pm

Hello laaaayyyyyyyyydeeeeeeeeeeeees!
RealGM
And1: 66,480

Post#59 » by 720 » Mon Aug 5, 2019 8:46 pm

Basketball_Jones wrote:
720 wrote:
Basketball_Jones wrote:Lol @ enjoying winter over summer. Snow storms, ice storms, power outages, traffic accidents, wind chill blowing all in your face when walking outside, yeah it’s great...

I’d honestly take the wind directly hitting my face during the middle of winter over this humidity.

The way I see it you can always prepare for the cold when you’re outside (just bundle up) but with the summer you can be shirtless and still feel like you’re being cooked alive. I hate it.
Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,407

Post#60 » by Raps in 4 » Mon Aug 5, 2019 9:40 pm

720 wrote:
Basketball_Jones wrote:
720 wrote:I’d honestly take the wind directly hitting my face during the middle of winter over this humidity.

The way I see it you can always prepare for the cold when you’re outside (just bundle up) but with the summer you can be shirtless and still feel like you’re being cooked alive. I hate it.

You can't cover your face in winter unless you wear a ski mask.

Summer can be mildly uncomfortable. Winter is painful.

Return to Toronto Raptors