ImageImageImageImageImage

KD on Raptors - "It will probably be the last time they will be in the Finals"

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,277

Re: KD on Raptors - "It will probably be the last time they will be in the Finals" 

Post#61 » by Raps in 4 » Thu Aug 8, 2019 12:06 am

KD is a bitch. But I don't blame him for saying this. Our fans are scum.
Tanner
Veteran
And1: 4,173

Re: KD on Raptors - "It will probably be the last time they will be in the Finals" 

Post#62 » by Tanner » Thu Aug 8, 2019 12:14 am

Can we just embrace our role as heels? We can kiss every NBA athletes ass and they’ll still view us the same way. Yeah, we cheered when he got hurt because it improved the Raps chances to win. Own it. Embrace it.
Chevy Chase
Sixth Man
And1: 820

Post#63 » by Chevy Chase » Thu Aug 8, 2019 12:23 am

maternal85 wrote:I laughed at his stupidity, not necessarily his injury. And after reading this article with multiple lies, I'm still laughing at his stupidity. How can he say nobody pressured him, when the teams GM said he made the decision?

No one in management. It was Green who pressured him. Said he was sitting on sidelines while they were in battle. Said, Klay was injured but still playing. Said Looney was playing while injured, so get your ass in there.
RaptorNews
RealGM
And1: 23,156

Post#64 » by RaptorNews » Thu Aug 8, 2019 12:30 am

Lamest dude in the league
OakleyDokely
RealGM
And1: 63,480

Post#65 » by OakleyDokely » Thu Aug 8, 2019 12:31 am

I was at that game.

The crowd cheered because KD fell down, lost the ball and the Raps had a fastbreak the other way. Nobody knew the severity of the injury until trainers went to see him. Once the crowd realized it was a serious injury, we gave him a standing ovation as he left the court.

Just because a couple goofballs courtside taunted him doesn't mean the entire crowd was cheering his injury.

It's not like one of our owners shoved a player or something.
toronto00
Sophomore
And1: 283

Post#66 » by toronto00 » Thu Aug 8, 2019 12:34 am

RaptorNews wrote:Lamest dude in the league
Yup, a lot of bold talk for a guy that needs multiple superstars to win.

His Thunder team lost to a similar GS team we beat with Leonard as the only true Superstar. He had Westbrook and Harden, and a prime Ibaka.

Suck it Loser.

Sent from my SM-N960W using RealGM mobile app
Randle McMurphy
RealGM
And1: 19,295

Post#67 » by Randle McMurphy » Thu Aug 8, 2019 12:39 am

Let's recap this guy's career. He chokes out to the Warriors leading a series up 3-1, gets criticized for being a choker who can't win titles, joins up with that same 73 win team in the offseason in some misguided attempt to prove that he isn't a choker and that he can win titles, goes on to win two of them (because he's a top 3 player in the league who just joined a 73 win team), gets criticized for his titles being counterfeit due to joining a complete dynasty team, defends his legacy through the media and through burner social media accounts for three years at the same time as saying that he doesn't actually care what anybody else thinks and that he's comfortable with both his position with the Warriors and his titles there, joins the Brooklyn Nets (lol) the first chance he gets to prove to everyone he can win a title by himself showing that he clearly has been insecure for the past three years and that the bravado was simply a defence mechanism.

Great basketball player, but the guy's a pathetic joke and he's been exposed as one for a long time now. It's pretty clear he's never going to find whatever it is that he's looking for and his legacy is already irreparably damaged.
One flew east, one flew west, one flew over the cuckoo’s nest.
maternal85
Starter
And1: 1,736

Post#68 » by maternal85 » Thu Aug 8, 2019 12:43 am

Chevy Chase wrote:
maternal85 wrote:I laughed at his stupidity, not necessarily his injury. And after reading this article with multiple lies, I'm still laughing at his stupidity. How can he say nobody pressured him, when the teams GM said he made the decision?

No one in management. It was Green who pressured him. Said he was sitting on sidelines while they were in battle. Said, Klay was injured but still playing. Said Looney was playing while injured, so get your ass in there.

Even worse. He's such an inferior player.
Chandan
RealGM
And1: 21,108

Post#69 » by Chandan » Thu Aug 8, 2019 12:44 am

Clearly Durant isn't that smart and doesn't grasp the concept of probability. Even the most pessimistic tank nation members knows we would go to the finals again at some point.
Randle McMurphy
RealGM
And1: 19,295

Post#70 » by Randle McMurphy » Thu Aug 8, 2019 12:44 am

Drygon wrote:Any unbiased fan would say Durant was the best player for Warriors & has been the primary reason for their 2 Championships.

I'm not saying you are right or wrong, but if Durant actually believed that himself, he'd still be a Warrior.
One flew east, one flew west, one flew over the cuckoo’s nest.
B-Ball Freak
RealGM
And1: 11,433

Post#71 » by B-Ball Freak » Thu Aug 8, 2019 12:57 am

That statement rings truer for him than it is for the Raptors franchise.
right between the eyes
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,513

Post#72 » by right between the eyes » Thu Aug 8, 2019 1:01 am

One thing people quickly forget is how Durant completely disrespected Van Vleet and was talking smack right in his face before the injury and crowd cheering...I myself cheered when it happened but it was because of how he disrespected Van Vleet
XxIronChainzxX
RealGM
And1: 7,659

Post#73 » by XxIronChainzxX » Thu Aug 8, 2019 1:01 am

Randle McMurphy wrote:
Drygon wrote:Any unbiased fan would say Durant was the best player for Warriors & has been the primary reason for their 2 Championships.

I'm not saying you are right or wrong, but if Durant actually believed that himself, he'd still be a Warrior.

I understand in a way why the title broke him. In his mind, he did everything that would normally anoint someone as the #1 player in the NBA. He had an epic run in the WCF going 16-0. He beat LeBron 4-1 in the Finals. He hit an epic shot. He got Finals MVP.

He's just missing all the little details. Kawhi getting hurt. The Cavs being comically outmatched. And so on.

It's got to break him that after joining the Warriors the only end result was everyone lauding LeBron as the clear #1 player. Especially after people were arguing Curry had taken the crown in 2016.
Clay Davis
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,691

Post#74 » by Clay Davis » Thu Aug 8, 2019 1:05 am

TheBoi10 wrote:I cheered when he got hurt, don't regret it.

He better get used to losing to the Raptors now that he is in the East.

Daamn that honesty
Steelo Green wrote:People are expecting way too much from Barnes out of the get go. He is a project player who will need 2-3 years before he makes a major impact.
Klayforspicy
Head Coach
And1: 7,248

Post#75 » by Klayforspicy » Thu Aug 8, 2019 1:07 am

This is like when he dissed Kawhi and McCollum when there was no reason to
2019nbachamps
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,525

Post#76 » by 2019nbachamps » Thu Aug 8, 2019 1:11 am

I love KD as a player but dude is one of the biggest mental midgets I've ever seen in sports. Someone with his talents, achievements, money, and status should not give a damn about how others think about him. He's been a complete douche since he got scolded for joining the Warriors.
Raptorstorm
Sixth Man
And1: 1,029

Post#77 » by Raptorstorm » Thu Aug 8, 2019 1:13 am

Fak Brooklyn, fak this salt grinder
"IN MASAI WE TRUST" 8-)
RyderMike
Assistant Coach
And1: 6,799

Post#78 » by RyderMike » Thu Aug 8, 2019 1:15 am

RyderMike wrote:Also the last time he will be in the Finals

This just became my most And-1'd post ever. Thanks everyone :lol: :lol: :lol:
XTC
Head Coach
And1: 6,256

Post#79 » by XTC » Thu Aug 8, 2019 1:32 am

Can you really blame him for his remarks?

There was a bunch of idiots cheering when the guy went down. Durant grew up a Raptors/Vince fan, he has no reason to attack the fan base, but his hate is justifiable.

If you where in his shoes, and you suffered a devestatijt injury and you heard fans cheering, how would you feel?
VanWest82
RealGM
And1: 17,675

Re: KD on Raptors - 

Post#80 » by VanWest82 » Thu Aug 8, 2019 1:51 am

OakleyDokely wrote:I was at that game.

The crowd cheered because KD fell down, lost the ball and the Raps had a fastbreak the other way. Nobody knew the severity of the injury until trainers went to see him. Once the crowd realized it was a serious injury, we gave him a standing ovation as he left the court.

Just because a couple goofballs courtside taunted him doesn't mean the entire crowd was cheering his injury.

It's not like one of our owners shoved a player or something.

The issue wasn’t the initial reaction. It was the second round of cheering/jeering KD as he was being helped off the court. That happened and it was ugly hence the reaction from guys like Kyle and Serge. Given how loud it was I don’t think we can say it was just a few bad apples, but rather a large percentage who got a little too caught up in the moment and forgot themselves.

Return to Toronto Raptors