ImageImageImageImageImage

Best all-time Raptor #2

Moderators: Yuri Vaultin, Patman, DG88, pbj, Duffman100, Alfred, Morris_Shatford, Rhettmatic

Best all-time Raptor out of this list

Vince Carter
16
11%
DeMar DeRozan
29
21%
Chris Bosh
1
1%
Kawhi Leonard
91
65%
Jose Calderon
0
No votes
Pascal Siakam
1
1%
Antonio Davis
0
No votes
Alvin Williams
1
1%
Morris Peterson
1
1%
Other
0
No votes
 
Total votes: 140

Retro_Junkball
Junior
Posts: 273
And1: 200
Joined: May 09, 2018

Re: Best all-time Raptor #2 

Post#41 » by Retro_Junkball » Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:49 am

RyderMike wrote:The most important basket by a player wearing #2 for the Raptors


I refuse to click the link. This is the Raptors equivalent of being RickRoll'd. LOL.

IMHO, KL2 gets number two. VC gets 3. DD gets 4.
User avatar
Randle McMurphy
RealGM
Posts: 22,447
And1: 9,580
Joined: Dec 07, 2009

Re: Best all-time Raptor #2 

Post#42 » by Randle McMurphy » Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:04 am

XxIronChainzxX wrote:
Randle McMurphy wrote:
XxIronChainzxX wrote:
It's basketball. One guy makes all the difference.

It does. Still doesn't make him any more than a mercenary for this franchise.


He's way more than a mercenary. He played his absolute hardest and won us a title. There's nothing to criticize his attitude or play for. He left it all on the court.

I agree with everything in bold completely. And yet he was still a mercenary for this franchise.
One flew east, one flew west, one flew over the cuckoo’s nest.
XxIronChainzxX
RealGM
Posts: 13,520
And1: 6,788
Joined: Oct 22, 2004
   

Re: Best all-time Raptor #2 

Post#43 » by XxIronChainzxX » Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:10 am

Randle McMurphy wrote:
XxIronChainzxX wrote:
Randle McMurphy wrote:It does. Still doesn't make him any more than a mercenary for this franchise.


He's way more than a mercenary. He played his absolute hardest and won us a title. There's nothing to criticize his attitude or play for. He left it all on the court.

I agree with everything in bold completely. And yet he was still a mercenary for this franchise.


That's silly. Why isn't a guy who's here for 4 years a mercenary if that's the length of his contract and he leaves after? Why does the length of years on the contract matter?

DeMar was here for years building a career on accolades he doesn't deserve. Why isn't he a mercenary?
User avatar
Raps in 4
RealGM
Posts: 42,536
And1: 28,041
Joined: Nov 01, 2008
Location: Toronto
 

Re: Best all-time Raptor #2 

Post#44 » by Raps in 4 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:44 am

In terms of talent?

1. Kawhi
2. VC
3. Lowry
4. Bosh
5. Derozan
User avatar
Randle McMurphy
RealGM
Posts: 22,447
And1: 9,580
Joined: Dec 07, 2009

Re: Best all-time Raptor #2 

Post#45 » by Randle McMurphy » Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:19 am

XxIronChainzxX wrote:That's silly.

I don't think so. He came for one year to an organization that he didn't want to be any part of, did his job to the best of his ability, and left at his first opportunity. That's the purest definition of a mercenary there is. And perhaps Dave Winfield wasn't even the best example. Kawhi was basically what Roger Clemens was for the Blue Jays, just with team success (the best pitcher in baseball who came to Toronto for the money, posted a few of the best seasons in MLB history as a Jay, and left at his first chance). Do you think Clemens is making any all-time best Blue Jays lists any time soon despite being one of the best pitchers who ever lived and posting his best ever seasons with the organization?


DeMar was here for years building a career on accolades he doesn't deserve. Why isn't he a mercenary?

I'm no DeRozan fan, but he's going to end up playing the majority of his career in Toronto while posting some very good numbers. His overall legacy is going to be forever tied to the organization for better or worse. While people in Toronto will always remember the season fondly, Leonard's overall career won't be tied to Toronto. It will be one brief stop in a HOF career.

When determining something like the best player in a franchise's history, longevity with that franchise is a factor just like anything else. It might even be the biggest factor.
One flew east, one flew west, one flew over the cuckoo’s nest.
Tribe
Pro Prospect
Posts: 829
And1: 1,531
Joined: Aug 28, 2017
   

Re: Best all-time Raptor #2 

Post#46 » by Tribe » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:44 am

Fred

You cant be the finals mvp and not be top 2
ConSarnit
Sophomore
Posts: 179
And1: 99
Joined: May 05, 2015
 

Re: Best all-time Raptor #2 

Post#47 » by ConSarnit » Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:55 pm

What are the qualifications here? The best or the greatest? For example: Wade is the greatest Heat (means the most to the franchise) but Lebron is obviously their best player ever.

Best: Kawhi, VC, Lowry

Greatest: Lowry/VC (almost too close to call, as sour as things ended with Vince he put us on the map)
User avatar
OakleyDokely
RealGM
Posts: 14,133
And1: 32,549
Joined: Aug 02, 2008
Location: 416
 

Re: Best all-time Raptor #2 

Post#48 » by OakleyDokely » Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:03 pm

Randle McMurphy wrote:
XxIronChainzxX wrote:That's silly.

I don't think so. He came for one year to an organization that he didn't want to be any part of, did his job to the best of his ability, and left at his first opportunity. That's the purest definition of a mercenary there is. And perhaps Dave Winfield wasn't even the best example. Kawhi was basically what Roger Clemens was for the Blue Jays, just with team success (the best pitcher in baseball who came to Toronto for the money, posted a few of the best seasons in MLB history as a Jay, and left at his first chance). Do you think Clemens is making any all-time best Blue Jays lists any time soon despite being one of the best pitchers who ever lived and posting his best ever seasons with the organization?



If Clemens won a WS in Toronto he would definitely make all-time lists.

It shouldn't be about games played. It should be about impact made.
DrCoach
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,211
And1: 2,413
Joined: May 24, 2014

Re: Best all-time Raptor #2 

Post#49 » by DrCoach » Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:18 pm

OakleyDokely wrote:For me, it's not about games played, it's about impact made in the games played. No player had the impact of Kawhi in Raptors history.



Not tru

Vince Carter easily, even without a Title
User avatar
Sandman88
Analyst
Posts: 3,284
And1: 3,676
Joined: Mar 19, 2012

Re: Best all-time Raptor #2 

Post#50 » by Sandman88 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:59 pm

Vince did more for Basketball in Canada and longevity matters.
Image
User avatar
dTox
RealGM
Posts: 12,569
And1: 10,647
Joined: Jan 26, 2007
Location: 416
   

Re: Best all-time Raptor #2 

Post#51 » by dTox » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:58 pm

Sandman88 wrote:Vince did more for Basketball in Canada and longevity matters.
Winning a title, smashing viewership records on least on 8 different occasions, 3 million people attending the parade, over 35 USA national TV games tells me the VC era was miniscule compared to this season. And this is coming from a guy who watched basketball cause of VC and wants to see his jersey retired

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Image
TBZ for the win
User avatar
dTox
RealGM
Posts: 12,569
And1: 10,647
Joined: Jan 26, 2007
Location: 416
   

Re: Best all-time Raptor #2 

Post#52 » by dTox » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:59 pm

If it's About games played then give mo Pete or Jose Calderon the #2 spot lol

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Image
TBZ for the win

Return to Toronto Raptors