ImageImageImageImageImage

Raptors Championship Video

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

RealGM
And1: 66,420

Re: Raptors Championship Video 

Post#21 » by 720 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:51 pm

J-Roc wrote:
720 wrote:
TheRedRocket wrote:They did for the NBA awards show. Not sure if it was posted but you wouldn't want to see it. Basically validated that the Raptors' championship has an asterisk beside it.

That’s not how validation works.

Not sure if you are referring to a dictionary definition, but showing the Warrior injuries in the highlight package shown to the "NBA World" at the award show is crystal clear in saying to everyone that the Raps won because of Warrior injuries.

A video from the league doesn’t matter. As long as us fans and the organization knows we were better who cares what the Americans try to spin it off as?
yogimvp
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,927

Post#22 » by yogimvp » Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:16 pm

who remembers the blue jays champ videos on vhs?
those were dope.
TheRedRocket
Junior
And1: 351

Post#23 » by TheRedRocket » Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:18 pm

720 wrote:
J-Roc wrote:
720 wrote:That’s not how validation works.

Not sure if you are referring to a dictionary definition, but showing the Warrior injuries in the highlight package shown to the "NBA World" at the award show is crystal clear in saying to everyone that the Raps won because of Warrior injuries.

A video from the league doesn’t matter. As long as us fans and the organization knows we were better who cares what the Americans try to spin it off as?

You're right it doesn't matter to us but when the image of the Raptors' championship win pushed in mainstream media that we won because of the injuries further validates the Raptors do get disrespected in contrast to US based teams.

Yeah, we can say it's an insecurity issue the Raptors fan base has but when you're constantly viewed as a "lesser" or "non-deserving" team, it gets very tiring on a fan base.

At the end of the day, Raptors are the champs... just a little love here and there would be nice.
omar36
Analyst
And1: 4,708

Post#24 » by omar36 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:17 am

r2tdotraps wrote:Found a better quality version:

And yes I understand what he's looking for now, hopefully they produce something.

i know everyone loves tnt but mike breen is the goat voice. best guy for the finals by a huge margin
VC15Era
Bench Warmer
And1: 865

Post#25 » by VC15Era » Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:11 pm

sucks we have to make our own championship video.. blows huge.. I got my blue jays championship vhs tapes converted to digital a long time ago and watch them from time to time.
SFour
RealGM
And1: 58,339

Post#26 » by SFour » Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:18 pm

I still can't believe Raptors won the championship...

Return to Toronto Raptors