ImageImageImageImageImage

With Pascal possibly at the 3, should RHJ be the 4?

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

YogurtProducer
RealGM
And1: 27,125

Re: With Pascal possibly at the 3, should RHJ be the 4? 

Post#61 » by YogurtProducer » Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:48 pm

Johnny Bball wrote:
YogurtProducer wrote:
Johnny Bball wrote:
Yeah, OG does. Stanley Johnson was projected to be better as a draft pick but that's 4 years ago at this point. Unless SJ is the latest of all bloomers and can learn to shoot, maybe he had the worst work ethic ever and it changed, he doesn't have the highest upside. You can't shoot 37% for 4 years and have the highest upside.

Shown nothing? Nah. Sure he has, OG had shown more in his first year than either of them did alone. Last year was a right-off and Leonard and Siakam took his starting spot justifiably is all.

RHJ isn't even in the discussion.

Even in OG’s rookie year he started out of pure necessity and not really because he was so good he deserved it.

The only thing separating OG from RHJ and SJ is his jump shot. If (and can I **** emphasize if because people can’t understand it) RHJ or SJ come into this year with similar shot as OG they will be the more productive player. I understand OG’s ability to (kinda?) shoot is what is pushing him ahead of them... but that’s it. Literally that is it.

I have more faith in RHJ or SJ learning to shoot, than I do OG learning to dribble, pass, and rebound. That’s all I’m trying to say.

Let's look at a large sample size of opinions. As free agents, SJ got 3.5 and RHJ got 2.5 (both RFAs that were not kept). That's how much the rest of the NBA sees for their potential. I'm pretty damn sure OG could have brought better than either player back in a trade or would get more if he was an RFA in July and Toronto renounce his cap hold.

I mean we also got Bizmack for scraps, FVV I drafted, Siakam at 27, and Lowry for a mid round first. Teams aren’t always the best at evaluating talent.

Let’s see what these guys look like in a capable system before writing them off. OG is getting massively overrated as well, it is absolutely insane.
What an absolute failure and disaster this franchise is, ran by one of the most incompetent front offices in the league.
- Raptors RealGM Forum re: Masai Ujiri - June 2023
Johnny Bball
RealGM
And1: 48,707

Post#62 » by Johnny Bball » Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:53 pm

YogurtProducer wrote:
Johnny Bball wrote:
YogurtProducer wrote:
Even in OG’s rookie year he started out of pure necessity and not really because he was so good he deserved it.

The only thing separating OG from RHJ and SJ is his jump shot. If (and can I **** emphasize if because people can’t understand it) RHJ or SJ come into this year with similar shot as OG they will be the more productive player. I understand OG’s ability to (kinda?) shoot is what is pushing him ahead of them... but that’s it. Literally that is it.

I have more faith in RHJ or SJ learning to shoot, than I do OG learning to dribble, pass, and rebound. That’s all I’m trying to say.

Let's look at a large sample size of opinions. As free agents, SJ got 3.5 and RHJ got 2.5 (both RFAs that were not kept). That's how much the rest of the NBA sees for their potential. I'm pretty damn sure OG could have brought better than either player back in a trade or would get more if he was an RFA in July and Toronto renounce his cap hold.

I mean we also got Bizmack for scraps, FVV I drafted, Siakam at 27, and Lowry for a mid round first. Teams aren’t always the best at evaluating talent.

Let’s see what these guys look like in a capable system before writing them off. OG is getting massively overrated as well, it is absolutely insane.

Nobody is writing them off. Or at least that's not been any part of our discussion. We are talking about potential and that is mostly an opinion more than a tangible quality. Which is why I find that relevant.

I fail to see what the others on draft day have to do with potential 4 years later, other than to demonstrate exactly what I'm saying, that it changes. As is should, and has, for SJ.

If teams aren't best at it... who is then.
YogurtProducer
RealGM
And1: 27,125

Post#63 » by YogurtProducer » Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:50 pm

Johnny Bball wrote:
YogurtProducer wrote:
Johnny Bball wrote:

Nobody is writing them off. Or at least that's not been any part of our discussion. We are talking about potential and that is mostly an opinion more than a tangible quality. Which is why I find that relevant.

I fail to see what the others on draft day have to do with potential 4 years later, other than to demonstrate exactly what I'm saying, that it changes. As is should, and has, for SJ.

If teams aren't best at it... who is then.

well yes teams are best at it, but that doesn’t mean they have a 100% success rate is what I meant.

I personally am down on OG. I do not see the potential in him that others see and don’t think he will amount to much. But that’s just me.
What an absolute failure and disaster this franchise is, ran by one of the most incompetent front offices in the league.
- Raptors RealGM Forum re: Masai Ujiri - June 2023

Return to Toronto Raptors