ImageImageImageImageImage

Predict Siakam's Stats This Season

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Moon Walk
Bench Warmer
And1: 162

Re: Predict Siakam's Stats This Season 

Post#41 » by Moon Walk » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:30 pm

DNP CD. J/k he would hover around 20 ppg
YogurtProducer
RealGM
And1: 27,165

Post#42 » by YogurtProducer » Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:52 pm

Alfred wrote:
YogurtProducer wrote:Y’all expecting him to increase his PPG and efficiency are really gonna be disappointed most likely.

Probably a 20/7/3 with a dip in efficiency to a 56TS% level with really good defence. It’s Lowry and Gasol I expect to have resurgence a bit with more scoring responsibility

I very much doubt that his TS% is going to fall by 7% this coming season.

Well I think his 3 point percentage will likely drop which will affect it. And then when you consider his teammates will be worse, and now he’s the #1 guy, and will have to take worse shots at times, I can see him having a rough transition year to this role.
What an absolute failure and disaster this franchise is, ran by one of the most incompetent front offices in the league.
- Raptors RealGM Forum re: Masai Ujiri - June 2023
2019nbachamps
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,551

Post#43 » by 2019nbachamps » Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:19 am

All his numbers will go up but I don't care. What I care about is him producing efficiently on a winning team. Any player in the NBA can put up monster numbers on a bad team. Kenny Smith calls them "looters in a riot." Lets see how he responds to opponents focusing their defensive schemes on him. I think we can expect 23+ ppg but a lower shooting % than last year (just under .500).

One other thing we need to keep in mind is Siakam might be surrounded by a ton of bums in the 2nd half of the season if Masai decides to blow things up.
bon
General Manager
And1: 13,395

Post#44 » by bon » Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:36 am

YogurtProducer wrote:
Alfred wrote:
YogurtProducer wrote:Y’all expecting him to increase his PPG and efficiency are really gonna be disappointed most likely.

Probably a 20/7/3 with a dip in efficiency to a 56TS% level with really good defence. It’s Lowry and Gasol I expect to have resurgence a bit with more scoring responsibility

Well I think his 3 point percentage will likely drop which will affect it. And then when you consider his teammates will be worse, and now he’s the #1 guy, and will have to take worse shots at times, I can see him having a rough transition year to this role.

Siakam w/ Kawhi : 41 3P% / 59 2P% / 64 TS%

Siakam w/o Kawhi : 30 3P% / 62 2P% / 61 TS%

So you're right about the 3 point percentage drop but he makes up for it by taking and making more shots inside of the arc (which is the reason why his TS% doesn't drop dramatically). His isolation game during the season was actually better without Kawhi surprisingly which goes against the conventional thinking that's been common in this thread.

Some additional relevant stats to the topic

Siakam w/ Kawhi (per 36): 18.4 ppg / 7.4 rpg / 3.4 apg / 2 tov / 55 FG%

Siakam w/o Kawhi (per 36): 20.3 ppg / 8.4 rpg / 3.6 apg / 2.4 tov / 54 FG%
mowcrowbar
General Manager
And1: 4,179

Post#45 » by mowcrowbar » Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:34 am

21 and 8 with 3 apg and 1bgp. Nothing astronomical, but i expect he will be a big factor on defense. I see an increased role for Marc honestly. Dude has something to prove.
hype_2004
RealGM
And1: 4,664

Post#46 » by hype_2004 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:48 am

24p/8r/4a/1.5bl/1.5st all-star and All NBA 3rd team
Alfred
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,853

Post#47 » by Alfred » Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:16 pm

YogurtProducer wrote:
Alfred wrote:

Right, but a 7 point percentage drop would be the equivalent of someone going from a league average player (55-56% TS%) to out of the league (very few good teams have rotation players with a sub 50% TS%).
macNcheese3
RealGM
And1: 6,915

Post#48 » by macNcheese3 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:39 pm

22 ppg
LoveMyRaps
RealGM
And1: 42,875

Post#49 » by LoveMyRaps » Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:47 pm

I'm honestly fairly confident he gets an MVP vote.
In Masai We Trust :meditate:
HeadtopChunes
Head Coach
And1: 10,224

Post#50 » by HeadtopChunes » Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:49 pm

Pascal stats per 100 when Kawhi did not play in the game last season

28points/5assists/2.3TOs 63% from 2 and 29% from 3- 62TS and 58.5% EFG

The confounding variable here is the lack of Danny Green and the effect on spacing that will have.

But looking at these stats

I wanna guess 24ppg/4ast/2tos with a high 2p% but as everyone else says a drastic drop in 3p%
YogurtProducer
RealGM
And1: 27,165

Post#51 » by YogurtProducer » Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:32 pm

Alfred wrote:
YogurtProducer wrote:
Alfred wrote:I very much doubt that his TS% is going to fall by 7% this coming season.

Right, but a 7 point percentage drop would be the equivalent of someone going from a league average player (55-56% TS%) to out of the league (very few good teams have rotation players with a sub 50% TS%).

Well, he’s not going from a league average player to out of the league. He’s going from an exceptionally high TS season which I’m not sure if he would replicate regardless of Kawhi’s season, to the #1 option on a less talented team. He did only have a 54TS% in the post season when he was game planned for, and I assume more teams will employ the sag off D on him. Now, if his shot wasn’t just a 6 month anomaly and he’s truly capable of hitting 35+%, then yes he will hover around 60TS%.

Maybe 56 was a bit harsh, but I personally would be shocked (pleasantly) if he broke the 60 mark this year.
What an absolute failure and disaster this franchise is, ran by one of the most incompetent front offices in the league.
- Raptors RealGM Forum re: Masai Ujiri - June 2023
Ell Curry
Head Coach
And1: 1,715

Post#52 » by Ell Curry » Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:44 pm

Unless Nurse can figure out how to install an offense that really makes use of Gasol's passing and dribble handoffs to turn Powell and Van Vleet into higher usage guys, I think Siakam is going to have to take a ton of possessions.

His floater game was incredible last year and we've seen guys like D'lo Russell keep offenses afloat with that shot since defences will mostly happily concede it to stop 3s and shots at the rim. Will his shot be good enough to force defences to concede that 5-10 foot floater?

Having one of Stanley or RHJ play serious minutes is gonna hurt spacing and efficiency for drivers like Siakam.

Blake Griffin had 25-7.5-5.4 on a 46-36-73 split. I'd guess similar for Siakam but better 2% because he's got young legs and Blake doesn't, but a bit worse from 3 and less assists since he's just starting to develop that stuff. I'll say 25-8.5-3.5 with a 52-32-81 as he takes above the break ones and not just corner ones now.
Where's the D?
Basketball_Jones
RealGM
And1: 16,761

Post#53 » by Basketball_Jones » Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:03 am

I guess we’ll find out if he’s a superstar. I honestly don’t think it’s out of the realm of possibility. Too bad number two had to quit. Could have been ruling the league together.
2019 Eastern Conference All Stars

Derozan
Lowry
Ibaka
Valanciunas
Van Vleet
Delon Wright
Lebron
Embiid

There are only 2 teams in the league that rank in the top 6 in offensive and defensive efficiency: the Golden State Warriors and the Toronto Raptors.

Return to Toronto Raptors