ImageImageImageImageImage

Tickets for home opener

Moderators: Yuri Vaultin, Patman, DG88, pbj, Duffman100, Alfred, Morris_Shatford, Rhettmatic

vulture
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,998
And1: 85
Joined: Oct 04, 2002
Location: At the Border

Tickets for home opener 

Post#1 » by vulture » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:41 pm

Hey guys, I have a good friend visiting from Europe and he wants to go to the home opener.
How hard will it be to score some tickets for that game and how much do you think they will be?
Tor_Raps
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,884
And1: 2,457
Joined: Oct 14, 2018

Re: Tickets for home opener 

Post#2 » by Tor_Raps » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:43 pm

Home Openers are already hard enough tickets to get but add to that we will raise the banner and have the ring ceremony too... It'll be playoff type prices for them.
vulture
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,998
And1: 85
Joined: Oct 04, 2002
Location: At the Border

Re: Tickets for home opener 

Post#3 » by vulture » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:47 pm

Tor_Raps wrote:Home Openers are already hard enough tickets to get but add to that we will raise the banner and have the ring ceremony too... It'll be playoff type prices for them.


Oh I know this will be hard. I usually get my tickets from work and they are random so I don’t want to rely on them.
User avatar
maddskizzle
Senior
Posts: 697
And1: 165
Joined: Jul 14, 2004

Re: Tickets for home opener 

Post#4 » by maddskizzle » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:54 pm

Home opener is a tier 2 premium game this year due to the ring ceremony (in comparison LAL/LAC is tier 1 super premium). Should be a very expensive ticket on the resale market.
User avatar
mintsa
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,786
And1: 2,716
Joined: Jun 28, 2001

Re: Tickets for home opener 

Post#5 » by mintsa » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:00 pm

maddskizzle wrote:Home opener is a tier 2 premium game this year due to the ring ceremony (in comparison LAL/LAC is tier 1 super premium). Should be a very expensive ticket on the resale market.



You saw that it was tier 2 ?

That’s not that bad if you can score some on Ticketmaster, it won’t be spurs/raptors bad like last year.
theaub
Senior
Posts: 610
And1: 944
Joined: Sep 19, 2014
     

Re: Tickets for home opener 

Post#6 » by theaub » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:13 pm

mintsa wrote:
maddskizzle wrote:Home opener is a tier 2 premium game this year due to the ring ceremony (in comparison LAL/LAC is tier 1 super premium). Should be a very expensive ticket on the resale market.



You saw that it was tier 2 ?

That’s not that bad if you can score some on Ticketmaster, it won’t be spurs/raptors bad like last year.


Spurs/Raps was tier 2 last year fwiw (LAL/GSW were tier 1)
User avatar
mintsa
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,786
And1: 2,716
Joined: Jun 28, 2001

Re: Tickets for home opener 

Post#7 » by mintsa » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:27 pm

theaub wrote:
mintsa wrote:
maddskizzle wrote:Home opener is a tier 2 premium game this year due to the ring ceremony (in comparison LAL/LAC is tier 1 super premium). Should be a very expensive ticket on the resale market.



You saw that it was tier 2 ?

That’s not that bad if you can score some on Ticketmaster, it won’t be spurs/raptors bad like last year.


Spurs/Raps was tier 2 last year fwiw (LAL/GSW were tier 1)



Damn.....I stand corrected.
dagger
RealGM
Posts: 38,394
And1: 10,910
Joined: Aug 19, 2002
         

Re: Tickets for home opener 

Post#8 » by dagger » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:44 pm

At this stage, there are a lot of assumptions about pricing tiers, but nothing is final, let alone public. A rep may have an opinion, but there is absolutely nothing online yet
2019 will never be forgotten because FLAGS FLY FOREVER
vulture
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,998
And1: 85
Joined: Oct 04, 2002
Location: At the Border

Re: Tickets for home opener 

Post#9 » by vulture » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:53 pm

dagger wrote:At this stage, there are a lot of assumptions about pricing tiers, but nothing is final, let alone public. A rep may have an opinion, but there is absolutely nothing online yet


Thanks dagger!
User avatar
tradejosehesux
Rookie
Posts: 1,237
And1: 2,194
Joined: May 12, 2010
Location: Beaches
       

Re: Tickets for home opener 

Post#10 » by tradejosehesux » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:03 pm

When do tickets go on sale to the public?
Image
And1Skip
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,796
And1: 5,606
Joined: Jun 08, 2003
       

Re: Tickets for home opener 

Post#11 » by And1Skip » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:23 pm

theaub wrote:
mintsa wrote:
maddskizzle wrote:Home opener is a tier 2 premium game this year due to the ring ceremony (in comparison LAL/LAC is tier 1 super premium). Should be a very expensive ticket on the resale market.



You saw that it was tier 2 ?

That’s not that bad if you can score some on Ticketmaster, it won’t be spurs/raptors bad like last year.


Spurs/Raps was tier 2 last year fwiw (LAL/GSW were tier 1)


If I recall, although the Spurs game was Tier 2 last year (for only purposes for face value), when the tickets were on sale to the public last year the price for the Spurs game was on par with the warriors and lakers games bc MLSE never charges face value on ticketmaster. It prices based on demand so when they realized the demand for the Spurs game was the highest they charged accordingly
2019nbachamps
Freshman
Posts: 77
And1: 90
Joined: Jul 10, 2019
 

Re: Tickets for home opener 

Post#12 » by 2019nbachamps » Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:07 am

When do tickets go on sale?

MLSE better tread carefully with pricing. Yes, we are champions and have a rapid fan base but Kawhi leaving has sucked the enthusiasm out of most of the fans. You wont continue to sell out by asking fans to pay hundreds of dollars to sit in the nosebleeds to watch a team with no prospects of repeating.

At this point it looks like the most exciting aspects of the summer for us will be finding out when tickets release and what our jerseys will look like.
User avatar
ruckus
RealGM
Posts: 10,372
And1: 7,003
Joined: May 18, 2007
Location: From the Slums of Shaolin...
 

Re: Tickets for home opener 

Post#13 » by ruckus » Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:50 pm

2019nbachamps wrote:When do tickets go on sale?

MLSE better tread carefully with pricing. Yes, we are champions and have a rapid fan base but Kawhi leaving has sucked the enthusiasm out of most of the fans. You wont continue to sell out by asking fans to pay hundreds of dollars to sit in the nosebleeds to watch a team with no prospects of repeating.

At this point it looks like the most exciting aspects of the summer for us will be finding out when tickets release and what our jerseys will look like.


Pre-sale tix usually go live 1st or 2nd week of September.
Image
User avatar
maddskizzle
Senior
Posts: 697
And1: 165
Joined: Jul 14, 2004

Re: Tickets for home opener 

Post#14 » by maddskizzle » Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:24 pm

What were resale for lowers going for last year when Demar returned?

Also heard that one of the Bucks games and Houston game is Tier 4 this year for some reason. Great value!
And1Skip
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,796
And1: 5,606
Joined: Jun 08, 2003
       

Re: Tickets for home opener 

Post#15 » by And1Skip » Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:32 pm

maddskizzle wrote:What were resale for lowers going for last year when Demar returned?

Also heard that one of the Bucks games and Houston game is Tier 4 this year for some reason. Great value!


If true for the Bucks game, one is on Tuesday, Feb 25 which will be on TNT and the other is on Friday, April 3. They usually put the early weekday games to a lower Tier and Friday games are higher. So if they are putting the Feb 25 game as Tier 4, that would be great value since its on TNT.
angrylawyeryyz
Ballboy
Posts: 3
And1: 0
Joined: Aug 06, 2019

Re: Tickets for home opener 

Post#16 » by angrylawyeryyz » Yesterday 10:27 pm

As a SSH my presale for extra tickets is 10am on Sept 4. I'm selling my home opener tickets. Will watch at home. Seats are lower, 112. Not sure on pricing but probably 500 to 600 each. Will see how prices are on resale markets.
angrylawyeryyz
Ballboy
Posts: 3
And1: 0
Joined: Aug 06, 2019

Re: Tickets for home opener 

Post#17 » by angrylawyeryyz » Yesterday 10:42 pm

maddskizzle wrote:What were resale for lowers going for last year when Demar returned?

Also heard that one of the Bucks games and Houston game is Tier 4 this year for some reason. Great value!

I did a quick sale on my tickets at 350 each in 112 upper and they sold in 15 minutes and were cheapest on sale at the time.

Return to Toronto Raptors