ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: UFC 242 Khabib vs. Poirier

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Clay Davis
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,691

Re: OT: UFC 242 Khabib vs. Poirier 

Post#61 » by Clay Davis » Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:29 pm

radeonboy wrote:Prime GSP beats prime Khabib. GSP is the legit GOAT and fought clean, cleaned out the division, fought and wanted to pay for better/PED testing, moved up in weight and won a second title, is a class act in and outside of the Octagon, while Khabib laughs and makes the homeless do things for his pleasure, instigates a brawl with his mob buddies who couldn't keep their impulses in check. GSP is far superior in every aspect. Even retired and out of prime GSP would still beat Khabib. GSP is on another level.
I think GSP is the goat but this attempted character assassination of Khabib is hilarious. Are you forgetting about GSP testifying in favour of a Montreal drug lord? It's on his Wikipedia page.

If Danis didn't want any smoke, he should have shut his mouth. You'll find lots of fighters/trainers who support Khabib (including Firas Zahabi, GSP's head coach) for having stood up to what was perceived as bullying behaviour. Zahabi holds Khabib in pretty high regard.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using RealGM mobile app
Steelo Green wrote:People are expecting way too much from Barnes out of the get go. He is a project player who will need 2-3 years before he makes a major impact.
Joker
RealGM
And1: 7,262

Post#62 » by Joker » Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:30 pm

MadDogSHWA wrote:The thing I love about Khabib is that everyone in the arena knows what he's going to do and his opponents still can't stop him. It's like when Rhonda Rhousey was exclusively armbars. Everyone knew it was coming. Her opponents had been drilling armbar defense their entire camp but.it.didn't.matter.

Or like a Steph Curry 3. The sheer talent/execution level at something surpasses anyone's ability to prevent it.
Clay Davis
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,691

Post#63 » by Clay Davis » Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:31 pm

duppyy wrote:
PurpleTrees wrote:One of the Nigerian guys would beat him IMO (i know they are different weight classes), including Sodiq Yusuf who is an up and comer in the division.

So an up and coming striker will beat Khabib? Yeah, I don't see that happening.

Yes, Khabib will get caught one day but it will be by a wrestler with decent to great striking.

Someone that could beat him is Zabit/Zabeast/Abe Lincoln(If he ever decides to move up). He has great grappling and his striking is 1000x better than Khabib's.
Sadly, I don't think they'll ever take a fight with each other. It'd be cool if they did a grappling match for charity or something

Steelo Green wrote:People are expecting way too much from Barnes out of the get go. He is a project player who will need 2-3 years before he makes a major impact.
radeonboy
Analyst
And1: 3,704

Post#64 » by radeonboy » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:38 am

Clay Davis wrote:
radeonboy wrote:Prime GSP beats prime Khabib. GSP is the legit GOAT and fought clean, cleaned out the division, fought and wanted to pay for better/PED testing, moved up in weight and won a second title, is a class act in and outside of the Octagon, while Khabib laughs and makes the homeless do things for his pleasure, instigates a brawl with his mob buddies who couldn't keep their impulses in check. GSP is far superior in every aspect. Even retired and out of prime GSP would still beat Khabib. GSP is on another level.
I think GSP is the goat but this attempted character assassination of Khabib is hilarious. Are you forgetting about GSP testifying in favour of a Montreal drug lord? It's on his Wikipedia page.

If Danis didn't want any smoke, he should have shut his mouth. You'll find lots of fighters/trainers who support Khabib (including Firas Zahabi, GSP's head coach) for having stood up to what was perceived as bullying behaviour. Zahabi holds Khabib in pretty high regard.

Read on Twitter

vs

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2014/6/30/5856322/ufc-gsp-jimmy-cournoyer-statement-drug-dealer-support

GSP releases statement clarifying letter in support of drug dealer Jimmy Cournoyer

The ex-UFC champ has released a letter to fans clarifying that his letter in support of convicted drug dealer Jimmy Cournoyer was "a mistake, my mistake."

June 29, 2014

A letter I signed in support of my friend Jimmy Cournoyer, who has recently pleaded guilty to a number of drug traffic-related crimes in the U.S., has generated a great deal of controversy over the last few days.

First of all, the letter I signed was a mistake - my mistake, I will not go into detail as to why and how the letter came about because it's not going to right a wrong. I simply wanted to help repatriate Jimmy to a Canadian prison, closer to his family, if that was possible.

My friendship with Jimmy is based on our mutual passion for martial arts and going to the gym. I was not aware of Jimmy's crimes until he was arrested by the U.S. authorities. I do not condone any of his criminal actions. He will and should pay for his actions. My position against the use of drugs has been on record for years, and speaks for itself.

I have been to visit Jimmy in prison - twice so far. We also had many conversations since his arrest. Why? Because I believe in redemption, and I believe in loyalty. I will continue to support him - as a friend. In fact, if Jimmy leaves prison one day, I should be there, to help him start over in a better way.

I want to unconditionally apologize to those who have been offended by my actions. But I often say that the wheel of life turns and turns, causing ups and downs for each of us. I was also taught that a real friend is there to offer support at the best and worst of times.

Sincerely,

(signed)

Georges St-Pierre
GordanFreeman
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,165

Post#65 » by GordanFreeman » Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:19 am

tor1234567 wrote:
GordanFreeman wrote:
Danny1616 wrote:
Jon Jones would still be the GOAT.

Peds, being a **** human, etc...

Keep him on the PEDs. Who cares.

I wanna see him go up to Heavyweight and try his luck with Stipe Miocic.

Stipe would probably eat like 50 punches and knock Jones the F out.

These Eastern European guys like Miocic and Khabib are scary man.

Nope. While the playing field will never be level (some fighters will undoubtedly away with cheating), cheaters need to be penalized in every sport. Or peds could be legalized altogether...
GordanFreeman
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,165

Post#66 » by GordanFreeman » Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:41 am

Danny1616 wrote:
I respect Khabib more as a person compared to Jones, but I still think Jones is by far the GOAT.

Why isn't Barry bonds in the hof? Or Roger Clemens? Or any other athlete that got caught cheating? If barry had gotten away with using peds, he'd be considered the goat (or 2nd best ever). Clemens numbers are otherworldly and there will probably never be another pitcher who'll match them. But their legacies were tarnished because of ped use.
jimross
Sixth Man
And1: 2,476

Post#67 » by jimross » Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:01 am

duppyy wrote:
PurpleTrees wrote:One of the Nigerian guys would beat him IMO (i know they are different weight classes), including Sodiq Yusuf who is an up and comer in the division.

So an up and coming striker will beat Khabib? Yeah, I don't see that happening.

Yes, Khabib will get caught one day but it will be by a wrestler with decent to great striking.

Someone that could beat him is Zabit/Zabeast/Abe Lincoln(If he ever decides to move up). He has great grappling and his striking is 1000x better than Khabib's.

I don't see Zabit beating Khabib. He's much smaller (weight), doesn't have great power in his hands and has cardio that is similar to Conors where he starts gassig hard in the 3rd round.
jimross
Sixth Man
And1: 2,476

Post#68 » by jimross » Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:02 am

GordanFreeman wrote:
Danny1616 wrote:
I respect Khabib more as a person compared to Jones, but I still think Jones is by far the GOAT.

Why isn't Barry bonds in the hof? Or Roger Clemens? Or any other athlete that got caught cheating? If barry had gotten away with using peds, he'd be considered the goat (or 2nd best ever). Clemens numbers are otherworldly and there will probably never be another pitcher who'll match them. But their legacies were tarnished because of ped use.

Exactly. People ranking Jones as the GOAT is shameful. You can't just bypass his roid usage. Gives him a big advantage, especially during weight cutting.
Machiavillain
Sophomore
And1: 621

Post#69 » by Machiavillain » Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:51 am

GSP and Fedor are still the GOATs.
dontsettle4less
Senior
And1: 343

Post#70 » by dontsettle4less » Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:30 pm

Joker wrote:
MadDogSHWA wrote:The thing I love about Khabib is that everyone in the arena knows what he's going to do and his opponents still can't stop him. It's like when Rhonda Rhousey was exclusively armbars. Everyone knew it was coming. Her opponents had been drilling armbar defense their entire camp but.it.didn't.matter.

Or like a Steph Curry 3. The sheer talent/execution level at something surpasses anyone's ability to prevent it.

Need to find his FVV haha
PurpleTrees
Bench Warmer
And1: 2,045

Post#71 » by PurpleTrees » Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:01 pm

Jon jones is the GOAT while Anderson silva comes as a close second.

Return to Toronto Raptors