ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Enes Kanter Wins WWE 24/7 Title At MSG

Moderators: Yuri Vaultin, Rhettmatic, Duffman100, Alfred, DG88, Morris_Shatford, Patman, pbj

ChimRichalds
Junior
And1: 649

Re: OT: Enes Kanter Wins WWE 24/7 Title At MSG 

Post#61 » by ChimRichalds » Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:30 pm

J-Roc wrote:
Dennis 37 wrote:
J-Roc wrote:
Whoa, how many decades ago were you watching wrestling?? The 80's and 90's had tons of silly drama.

And yes, as a 6yr old kid, I used to debate with my brother how real it was. Good times.

70's

Who were the name wrestlers back then? Bruno Sammartino? I can't imagine anything better than the 80's.

Harley Race, Billy Graham, The Sheik, The Funks, Sammartino, Andre the Giant, etc..
6ixSideSniper
Head Coach
And1: 10,813

Post#62 » by 6ixSideSniper » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:41 pm

Peak wrestling for me was watching Rick Flair, HBK, Randy Savage, that era.
What about DeRozan dawg?!?!

2018-2019 NBA CHAMPIONS
Dennis 37
General Manager
And1: 10,310

Post#63 » by Dennis 37 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:35 pm

J-Roc wrote:
Dennis 37 wrote:
J-Roc wrote:
Whoa, how many decades ago were you watching wrestling?? The 80's and 90's had tons of silly drama.

And yes, as a 6yr old kid, I used to debate with my brother how real it was. Good times.

70's

Who were the name wrestlers back then? Bruno Sammartino? I can't imagine anything better than the 80's.

In hindsight might have been late sixties.

Mad Dog Vachon
The Sheik
Gene Kiniski

are names I remember.
almatic
Veteran
And1: 1,703

Post#64 » by almatic » Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:41 pm

macNcheese3 wrote:
Yosemite Dan wrote:The only thing more cringeworthy that that is anybody who paid money for a ticket to watch this moronic crap. And this is coming from a fan of it back in the 80s and 90s. Now it’s just unwatchable.

Have to agree here. No clue how some follow it religiously still. The attitude era set the bar high and it’s never been the same since. Competition always makes things better (like when WCW) was actually battling WWE in the Monday night wars. Raw vs Nitro.

The Attitude Era was Crash TV/Jerry Springer stuff that could only have been good in its time. People look back at it with rose-colored nostalgia goggles. The actual wrestling wasn't good or as athletic as it is now.

A lot of ignorant people in this thread, but Ive learned to tune out all that negativity.

I have peers & old acquaintances who are in the industry now, so I'll always respect it.
One of the most successful men in Hollywood right now, Dwayne The Rock Johnson, got his break from wrestling. There's obviously merit to it. It's live theater with stuntmen/women. Toxic ignorant people just think "fake fight = garbage" even though some of the realest fighters dabbled in pro wrestling.

People will always be ignorant to wrestling nowadays because WWE... the standard of the industry... nowadays puts out overproduced corporate garbage.

I'll always follow WWE with a side-eye but I'm more into New Japan Pro Wrestling now, and Im anxious to see what the upstart AEW promotion is gonna bring once they're on TV next month. (They're gonna be on TNT in the States. WCW's old home.)

For any old wrestling who miss the old school, NXT is a subsidiary of WWE that's run by Triple H & it's awesome. To me It's much more enjoyt than what Raw & SmackDown are to me nowadays, it just gives me the old school feel that I had when I was a kid.
macNcheese3
General Manager
And1: 4,667

Post#65 » by macNcheese3 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:31 pm

almatic wrote:
macNcheese3 wrote:
Yosemite Dan wrote:The only thing more cringeworthy that that is anybody who paid money for a ticket to watch this moronic crap. And this is coming from a fan of it back in the 80s and 90s. Now it’s just unwatchable.

Have to agree here. No clue how some follow it religiously still. The attitude era set the bar high and it’s never been the same since. Competition always makes things better (like when WCW) was actually battling WWE in the Monday night wars. Raw vs Nitro.

The Attitude Era was Crash TV/Jerry Springer stuff that could only have been good in its time. People look back at it with rose-colored nostalgia goggles. The actual wrestling wasn't good or as athletic as it is now.

A lot of ignorant people in this thread, but Ive learned to tune out all that negativity.

I have peers & old acquaintances who are in the industry now, so I'll always respect it.
One of the most successful men in Hollywood right now, Dwayne The Rock Johnson, got his break from wrestling. There's obviously merit to it. It's live theater with stuntmen/women. Toxic ignorant people just think "fake fight = garbage" even though some of the realest fighters dabbled in pro wrestling.

People will always be ignorant to wrestling nowadays because WWE... the standard of the industry... nowadays puts out overproduced corporate garbage.

I'll always follow WWE with a side-eye but I'm more into New Japan Pro Wrestling now, and Im anxious to see what the upstart AEW promotion is gonna bring once they're on TV next month. (They're gonna be on TNT in the States. WCW's old home.)

For any old wrestling who miss the old school, NXT is a subsidiary of WWE that's run by Triple H & it's awesome. To me It's much more enjoyt than what Raw & SmackDown are to me nowadays, it just gives me the old school feel that I had when I was a kid.

Wrestling is hot trash at its finest. The storylines are what made it back in the day and the fact that we were probably much younger everything seemed cooler.

Things change. Competition always makes things better. WCW vs WWF use to be awesome the Monday night wars.

Return to Toronto Raptors