ImageImageImageImageImage

SI's Top 100 Players

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

ChimRichalds
Junior
And1: 679

Re: SI's Top 100 Players 

Post#21 » by ChimRichalds » Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:16 pm

siakamthemvp wrote:Top 10 is all that's left:

So I guess it will include (in no particular order) LBJ, Curry, Giannis, Kawhi, Harden, Lillard, Paul George, Anthony Davis, Jokic, Embiid.

I guess KD not included due to injury, Klay was dropped a lot but he is expected to return. Unless one of the players I wrote was already in the list and I missed it

I wouldn't order it this way, but I would guess SI would do

LBJ
Giannis
Curry
Kawhi
Harden

then bottom 5 is mostly a toss up

Jokic
Davis
George
Embiid
Lillard
TheBoi10
General Manager
And1: 11,891

Post#22 » by TheBoi10 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:19 pm

Horford 18th and Aldridge 16th?!

Wtf is this trash
traps#10
Head Coach
And1: 8,364

Post#23 » by traps#10 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:46 pm

It’s hard to imagine that if we didn’t trade away DeRozan that Siakam would develop this way and now considered a better player than DD. Goes to show that If you build around the wrong player, you might hinder other players’ growth and suppress them.
Syd-TK3
RealGM
And1: 17,575

Post#24 » by Syd-TK3 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:44 pm

Horford is basically like a big man version of kyle based on being better than the stats actually show, so how exactly is he at 18 while lowry is at 28?
Bank Shot
RealGM
And1: 10,285

Post#25 » by Bank Shot » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:52 pm

Raps in 4 wrote:
Yallbecrazy wrote:
TheAlchemist wrote:Lowry should be around 25 , Siakim 19 or so.

maybe you think they will be, but Lowry is definitely a top 15 player, I have him #12 for the upcoming season

Lowry has started to regress pretty noticeably. He shot 34.7% from 3 last season, and that's his bread and butter.

I agree he's slipped. He can't get to the rim like he used to, but I think a good chunk of that drop from three was due to his back. If you look at his monthly splits, his three-ball drops off hard after his back started bothering him and bounces back after he started feeling better.
Sidthekid87
Sixth Man
And1: 2,973

Post#26 » by Sidthekid87 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:12 pm

HORFORD 18TH?! WHAT IN THE **** LMAO.
gpoon
Pro Prospect
And1: 717

Post#27 » by gpoon » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:17 pm

traps#10 wrote:It’s hard to imagine that if we didn’t trade away DeRozan that Siakam would develop this way and now considered a better player than DD. Goes to show that If you build around the wrong player, you might hinder other players’ growth and suppress them.

Derozan was a team player and i would say his passing ability is better than Kawhi if not on par. Siakam was a really raw player coming in he needed the first couple years to get going, he deserves all credit for his growth and to say it was Derozan holding him back is just wrong.
Courtside
RealGM
And1: 12,379

Post#28 » by Courtside » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:53 pm

gpoon wrote:
traps#10 wrote:It’s hard to imagine that if we didn’t trade away DeRozan that Siakam would develop this way and now considered a better player than DD. Goes to show that If you build around the wrong player, you might hinder other players’ growth and suppress them.

Derozan was a team player and i would say his passing ability is better than Kawhi if not on par. Siakam was a really raw player coming in he needed the first couple years to get going, he deserves all credit for his growth and to say it was Derozan holding him back is just wrong.

That's not what he said.
RonaldArtest
General Manager
And1: 12,531

Post#29 » by RonaldArtest » Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:36 pm

Courtside wrote:
gpoon wrote:

That's not what he said.

To me it was inferred that Pascal would not have developed how he did last season had Demar still been here, meaning DD and his style of play would have squashed Pascal’s growth and he wouldn’t be the player he is today. So Demar would in theory be holding Siakam back. Which to me is hogwash. The team replaced Demar with a player who had a higher usage rate than all but one season Derozan had in Toronto, and he’s a less skilled playmaker. Siakam’s growth can be looked no further than his internal desire to improve, the fact that he started playing ball so late in life, and a player coming into their 3rd season you usually find out what they’re all about, they know the league a bit more. Also replacing Casey with a more competent coach didn’t hurt either.
OakleyDokely
RealGM
And1: 63,477

Post#30 » by OakleyDokely » Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:37 pm

10. Lillard
9. George
8. Jokic
7. Embiid
6. Davis
5. Harden
4. Curry
3. James
2. Leonard
1. Giannis
siakamthemvp
Freshman
And1: 88

Post#31 » by siakamthemvp » Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:58 pm

OakleyDokely wrote:10. Lillard
9. George
8. Jokic
7. Embiid
6. Davis
5. Harden
4. Curry
3. James
2. Leonard
1. Giannis

0. Patrick McCaw

Ranked 0 because of unfair advantage of guaranteed 'ships
Kabookalu
RealGM
And1: 70,114

Post#32 » by Kabookalu » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:15 pm

What helped Siakam is starting and not being hindered by Casey if anything.
Read on Twitter
Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,238

Post#33 » by Raps in 4 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:49 pm

ChimRichalds wrote:
Raps in 4 wrote:
Yallbecrazy wrote:maybe you think they will be, but Lowry is definitely a top 15 player, I have him #12 for the upcoming season

Lowry has started to regress pretty noticeably. He shot 34.7% from 3 last season, and that's his bread and butter.

Three point shooting is not, nor has it ever been, Lowry's "bread and butter"

His impact on the game when his shot isn't falling is limited. It's great that he can draw charges and distribute the ball, but so can Rajon Rondo. He needs his shot to be falling to be effective. His poor shooting was masked by Kawhi's presence last season.
ChimRichalds
Junior
And1: 679

Post#34 » by ChimRichalds » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:55 pm

Raps in 4 wrote:
ChimRichalds wrote:
Raps in 4 wrote:

His impact on the game when his shot isn't falling is limited. It's great that he can draw charges and distribute the ball, but so can Rajon Rondo. He needs his shot to be falling to be effective. His poor shooting was masked by Kawhi's presence last season.

I'm not even going to put effort into disputing why you're objectively wrong and your post is monumentally stupid. Just never post this asinine opinion and Lowry/Rondo comparison ever again, please. You're embarassing yourself.
Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,238

Post#35 » by Raps in 4 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:10 pm

ChimRichalds wrote:
Raps in 4 wrote:
ChimRichalds wrote:

I'm not even going to put effort into disputing why you're objectively wrong and your post is monumentally stupid. Just never post this asinine opinion and Lowry/Rondo comparison ever again, please. You're embarassing yourself.

The only monumentally stupid post here is suggesting that Lowry's 3pt shooting regressing isn't a big deal. Lowry is 33 years old. His game has regressed substantially. You can accept reality, or you can continue living in delusion.

I don't see why some people have a hard time accepting reality. Players get old. They regress. That's how the human body works. Lowry's prime was beautiful to watch. But that was a long time ago. It's time to move on and accept that he isn't the same player he was then.
LBJKB24MJ23
RealGM
And1: 21,152

Post#36 » by LBJKB24MJ23 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:14 pm

Badonkadonk wrote:
Mattd97 wrote:
Yallbecrazy wrote:maybe you think they will be, but Lowry is definitely a top 15 player, I have him #12 for the upcoming season

Yallbecrazy

In terms of true impact and actual value on the court, I think you can comfortably make the case for top 15.

maybe last year. and years past but if we are talking about next year, at the age of 33, top 15 would be reaching tbh.
raf1995 wrote:I just don’t think he has that kind of potential. I think we will regret not trading him for a haul in a few years when he’s a mid-tier starter with nice playmaking and defense and a shaky jumper.
LBJKB24MJ23
RealGM

Post#37 » by LBJKB24MJ23 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:17 pm

Syd-TK3 wrote:Horford is basically like a big man version of kyle based on being better than the stats actually show, so how exactly is he at 18 while lowry is at 28?

big men are luxury items vs Lowry who is a guard who are dime a dozen.

position matters if you're comparing Lowry to Horford. there is simply less elite big men vs elite guards.
raf1995 wrote:I just don’t think he has that kind of potential. I think we will regret not trading him for a haul in a few years when he’s a mid-tier starter with nice playmaking and defense and a shaky jumper.
hsb
RealGM
And1: 15,858

Post#38 » by hsb » Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:17 pm

Raps in 4 wrote:
ChimRichalds wrote:
Raps in 4 wrote:

The only monumentally stupid post here is suggesting that Lowry's 3pt shooting regressing isn't a big deal. Lowry is 33 years old. His game has regressed substantially. You can accept reality, or you can continue living in delusion.

I don't see why some people have a hard time accepting reality. Players get old. They regress. That's how the human body works.

It's baffling really. So many insults and they're on the wrong side of this imo.
"I definitely knew he traveled, but I didn't know they were going to call it. That was one of them situations in which a great player made a move...and they called the call. And I was like, 'Oh, man, there is a God.'
LBJKB24MJ23
RealGM

Post#39 » by LBJKB24MJ23 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:18 pm

Raps in 4 wrote:
ChimRichalds wrote:
Raps in 4 wrote:

I don't see why some people have a hard time accepting reality. Players get old. They regress. That's how the human body works. Lowry's prime was beautiful to watch. But that was a long time ago. It's time to move on and accept that he isn't the same player he was then.

ya i don't get it either. Lowry is still a great player but dude is 33 and this is projecting for the 19-20 season. at 33 i can't expect the same output as the Lowry of the last 3-5 years.
TheBoi10
General Manager
And1: 11,891

Post#40 » by TheBoi10 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:24 pm

Raps in 4 wrote:
ChimRichalds wrote:
Raps in 4 wrote:

You couldn't be more wrong.

Return to Toronto Raptors