ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Team "Celtics" USA eliminated by France in the quarter-finals

Moderators: Yuri Vaultin, Duffman100, Rhettmatic, DG88, Patman, pbj, Alfred, Morris_Shatford

User avatar
TheBoi10
Veteran
Posts: 2,549
And1: 4,661
Joined: Apr 13, 2018
 

OT: Team "Celtics" USA eliminated by France in the quarter-finals 

Post#1 » by TheBoi10 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:08 pm

Kemba is gonna fit right in with the rest of the frauds in Boston.

http://www.fiba.basketball/basketballworldcup/2019/game/1109/USA-France#tab=boxscore
RaheelWasHere
Ballboy
Posts: 11
And1: 48
Joined: Dec 09, 2013

Re: OT: Team "Celtics" USA eliminated by France in the quarter-finals 

Post#2 » by RaheelWasHere » Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:13 pm

Emmbarasing on the NBA that so many of there players opted to not participate, won't be surprised if next year during the Olympics they still have issues convincing players to play.
TDotJon
Sophomore
Posts: 228
And1: 297
Joined: Aug 03, 2006

Re: OT: Team "Celtics" USA eliminated by France in the quarter-finals 

Post#3 » by TDotJon » Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:20 pm

France had the best player on the court (Gobert) . wow Khris Middleton could only stay on the floor for 18 mins and go 2/7?
RonaldArtest
General Manager
Posts: 9,281
And1: 11,528
Joined: Jul 25, 2008

Re: OT: Team "Celtics" USA eliminated by France in the quarter-finals 

Post#4 » by RonaldArtest » Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:21 pm

They’re dancing in the streets of Paris!
RonaldArtest
General Manager
Posts: 9,281
And1: 11,528
Joined: Jul 25, 2008

Re: OT: Team "Celtics" USA eliminated by France in the quarter-finals 

Post#5 » by RonaldArtest » Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:24 pm

TDotJon wrote:France had the best player on the court (Gobert) . wow Khris Middleton could only stay on the floor for 18 mins and go 2/7?

Bucks were obviously in a tight spot with wanting to retain Giannis, they need to surround him with talent, provide stability and continuity, etc. But man Middleton is incredibly overpaid. Dollar amount to production level that might be one of the worst deals in the league.
User avatar
LBJKB24MJ23
General Manager
Posts: 8,313
And1: 8,117
Joined: Jan 22, 2014

Re: OT: Team "Celtics" USA eliminated by France in the quarter-finals 

Post#6 » by LBJKB24MJ23 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:27 pm

A team full of Celtics and Bucks couldn’t deliver in a playoff environment - not shocked
Reaction to trading for Marc Gasol
fedord wrote:Our already soft as charmin front court got even softer. Smh.

LMAO :crazy:
RaptorsNorth
RealGM
Posts: 12,454
And1: 11,366
Joined: Feb 20, 2017

Re: OT: Team "Celtics" USA eliminated by France in the quarter-finals 

Post#7 » by RaptorsNorth » Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:31 pm

People were still checking for this tournament ? Once all the stars pulled out I lost interest and forgot this tournament was still going on. Great they beat US C team :lol:
Woj Kyle "Stargazer" Lowry named CEO of Brick Bro's brand and Big Fat Burritos

"THEY'RE SAYING US AND GOLDEN STATE ARE THE SUPER TEAMS" Knicks PG Derrick Rose :lol:
User avatar
15Years
Veteran
Posts: 2,898
And1: 6,986
Joined: May 02, 2016
Location: ®ated NYC
 

Re: OT: Team "Celtics" USA eliminated by France in the quarter-finals 

Post#8 » by 15Years » Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:42 pm

RonaldArtest wrote:They’re dancing in the streets of Paris!

Image

i approve this message - Jerome Moiso
User avatar
WuTang_OG
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,941
And1: 9,897
Joined: Sep 26, 2017
 

Re: OT: Team "Celtics" USA eliminated by France in the quarter-finals 

Post#9 » by WuTang_OG » Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:42 pm

This was never really a tournament. Pretty low interest imo. Good on France to capitalize.
Zeno
General Manager
Posts: 9,539
And1: 7,803
Joined: Jun 06, 2001
   

Re: OT: Team "Celtics" USA eliminated by France in the quarter-finals 

Post#10 » by Zeno » Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:49 pm

Gasol is going to win the double.
Celtics are really going to to miss Horford. He's their Lowry, without him they will really struggle to get back to last years win total. The improved chemistry with Kemba helps but they'll struggle.
When will we just change the name of 25 of the 30 teams to the Washington Generals?

Please advise….

Dan G.
Vtop
Senior
Posts: 543
And1: 82
Joined: Dec 11, 2006

Re: OT: Team "Celtics" USA eliminated by France in the quarter-finals 

Post#11 » by Vtop » Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:01 pm

Speak for yourselves, I’m in Athens right now and this is the only thing people are watching. The level of Interest is insane despite Greece having been knocked out
The Nutz
Junior
Posts: 398
And1: 439
Joined: Jul 20, 2005

Re: OT: Team "Celtics" USA eliminated by France in the quarter-finals 

Post#12 » by The Nutz » Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:06 pm

WuTang_OG wrote:This was never really a tournament. Pretty low interest imo. Good on France to capitalize.


Of course it is a tournament... it is still the World Cup, and it is a big deal and that does not change just because US and Canada NBA players did not show. The players and fans of the non North America countries are still very invested.

Typical North American attitude.... we aren't winning, so it's "not really a tournament" :roll:
User avatar
lolwut
Head Coach
Posts: 6,809
And1: 10,228
Joined: Jun 28, 2009
 

Re: OT: Team "Celtics" USA eliminated by France in the quarter-finals 

Post#13 » by lolwut » Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:18 pm

RonaldArtest wrote:
TDotJon wrote:France had the best player on the court (Gobert) . wow Khris Middleton could only stay on the floor for 18 mins and go 2/7?

Bucks were obviously in a tight spot with wanting to retain Giannis, they need to surround him with talent, provide stability and continuity, etc. But man Middleton is incredibly overpaid. Dollar amount to production level that might be one of the worst deals in the league.

The only winner in the Khris Middleton sweepstakes was Khris Middleton.
2018-2019 FatherTracker™ - baby raptors looking to be adopted by a warm, loving family man
Image
User avatar
NinjaBro
RealGM
Posts: 20,170
And1: 34,063
Joined: Aug 21, 2014
Location: Shamblesland
 

Re: OT: Team "Celtics" USA eliminated by France in the quarter-finals 

Post#14 » by NinjaBro » Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:26 pm

"Franchise" player Jayson Tatum was a DNP-CD.
Image
User avatar
fbalmeida
Senior
Posts: 551
And1: 536
Joined: Jul 03, 2019
Location: Braga, Portugal
Contact:
         

Re: OT: Team "Celtics" USA eliminated by France in the quarter-finals 

Post#15 » by fbalmeida » Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:34 pm

Happy for France. Everyone, except for Goliath, loves it when David sticks it to the giant.

Pulling for Spain here. Go-go-Gasol.

With football (soccer) underway and Ronaldo scoring 4 goals against Lithuania for the national team, zero attention is being paid in Portugal to any sport other than football. As usual. I actually tested this the other day.

90 minutes of football, the latest FC Porto - Benfica league game, spawned 7 distinct conversations, 2-3 hours each, which were broadcast live and simultaneously on 7 different Portuguese TV stations, namely SIC News, RTP 3, TVI24, CMTV, SportTV, 11, and Porto Canal.

A ludicrous ratio of commentary time vs 90 minutes of a league game. Those who complain about multiculturalism haven't the foggiest notion how dull its alternative can be - monoculture.
Image
User avatar
WuTang_OG
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,941
And1: 9,897
Joined: Sep 26, 2017
 

Re: OT: Team "Celtics" USA eliminated by France in the quarter-finals 

Post#16 » by WuTang_OG » Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:34 pm

The Nutz wrote:
WuTang_OG wrote:This was never really a tournament. Pretty low interest imo. Good on France to capitalize.


Of course it is a tournament... it is still the World Cup, and it is a big deal and that does not change just because US and Canada NBA players did not show. The players and fans of the non North America countries are still very invested.

Typical North American attitude.... we aren't winning, so it's "not really a tournament" :roll:


Settle down, don't be such a cry baby.

There was zero allure to this tournament with all NA players dropping out, there's no arguing that. The level of interest wasn't there this year from NA due all of these players dropping out. It was a joke of a tournament and yes since USA players did not show, it lowers the value of the entire tournament.
User avatar
traps#10
Analyst
Posts: 3,116
And1: 3,430
Joined: Jul 07, 2007
Location: Toronto
       

Re: OT: Team "Celtics" USA eliminated by France in the quarter-finals 

Post#17 » by traps#10 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:37 pm

Embarrassing, a team of the Boston Celtics “Big 3” and fringe all stars can’t beat a France team? What will the Celtics accomplish this upcoming season with their “Big 3” and role players then? Overhyped as usual.
User avatar
Badonkadonk
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,028
And1: 5,371
Joined: Jul 11, 2012

Re: OT: Team "Celtics" USA eliminated by France in the quarter-finals 

Post#18 » by Badonkadonk » Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:37 pm

WuTang_OG wrote:
The Nutz wrote:
WuTang_OG wrote:This was never really a tournament. Pretty low interest imo. Good on France to capitalize.


Of course it is a tournament... it is still the World Cup, and it is a big deal and that does not change just because US and Canada NBA players did not show. The players and fans of the non North America countries are still very invested.

Typical North American attitude.... we aren't winning, so it's "not really a tournament" :roll:


Settle down, don't be such a cry baby.

There was zero allure to this tournament with all NA players dropping out, there's no arguing that. The level of interest wasn't there this year from NA due all of these players dropping out. It was a joke of a tournament and yes since USA players did not show, it lowers the value of the entire tournament.

The only crying I'm seeing is from US media types who seem shocked that their B players aren't good enough to win tournaments anymore. That would seem to contradict that it doesn't matter to people here.

Anyways, like others have pointed out, this was a huge deal everywhere other than N.A., which actually makes it a huge deal even if it's not what it could have been.
Image
Danny1616
Analyst
Posts: 3,597
And1: 4,263
Joined: May 26, 2007

Re: OT: Team "Celtics" USA eliminated by France in the quarter-finals 

Post#19 » by Danny1616 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:39 pm

Curse of Popovich...was on the '04 team when they lost never coached them again...now he re-joins and they lose.
User avatar
Johnny Bball
RealGM
Posts: 20,715
And1: 19,233
Joined: Feb 01, 2015
 

Re: OT: Team "Celtics" USA eliminated by France in the quarter-finals 

Post#20 » by Johnny Bball » Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:51 pm

The made the olympics. Seems that was the only goal.

Return to Toronto Raptors