ImageImageImageImageImage

2019 Official Media Day & Training Camp Thread (TODAY @ 10 AM)

Moderators: Yuri Vaultin, Rhettmatic, Alfred, DG88, Patman, pbj, Morris_Shatford, Duffman100

User avatar
lolwut
Head Coach
Posts: 6,983
And1: 10,539
Joined: Jun 28, 2009
 

Re: 2019 Official Media Day & Training Camp Thread (TODAY @ 10 AM) 

Post#301 » by lolwut » Fri Oct 4, 2019 2:57 am

FVV's shorts were holding him back all this time.
2019-2020 FatherTracker™ - baby raptors looking to be adopted by a warm, loving family man
Image
And1Skip
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,203
And1: 6,266
Joined: Jun 08, 2003
       

Re: 2019 Official Media Day & Training Camp Thread (TODAY @ 10 AM) 

Post#302 » by And1Skip » Fri Oct 4, 2019 3:19 am

Read on Twitter
?s=21
User avatar
Syd-TK3
General Manager
Posts: 8,206
And1: 8,686
Joined: Jun 07, 2015
 

Re: 2019 Official Media Day & Training Camp Thread (TODAY @ 10 AM) 

Post#303 » by Syd-TK3 » Fri Oct 4, 2019 3:37 am

I'm sorry did I just see Ibaka put the ball between his legs???
Image
User avatar
HeadtopChunes
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,746
And1: 8,280
Joined: Apr 04, 2017

Re: 2019 Official Media Day & Training Camp Thread (TODAY @ 10 AM) 

Post#305 » by HeadtopChunes » Fri Oct 4, 2019 4:49 am

bboyskinnylegs wrote:


Things i noticed

- Matt Thomas can really shoot

- Fred looks like hes added legit range as 3pt shooter

- Terence Davis is a stud

- Ibaka has improved his passing like Nurse said

- Ogs handle looks a little better, especially the crossover move towards the end

- Rondae and Siakam seem to have good chemistry.

- This video also doubles as Cam Payne lowlights, i doubt he makes the roster

- Not much good stuff from Powell or Konate
User avatar
Syd-TK3
General Manager
Posts: 8,206
And1: 8,686
Joined: Jun 07, 2015
 

Re: 2019 Official Media Day & Training Camp Thread (TODAY @ 10 AM) 

Post#306 » by Syd-TK3 » Fri Oct 4, 2019 5:27 am

Everything about Terrence Davis is great the more you see the more you like him
Thomas got that JJ Reddick catch and shoot down.
Image
MrStkrdknmibalz
Freshman
Posts: 53
And1: 144
Joined: Dec 14, 2017
   

Re: 2019 Official Media Day & Training Camp Thread (TODAY @ 10 AM) 

Post#308 » by MrStkrdknmibalz » Fri Oct 4, 2019 12:22 pm

bboyskinnylegs wrote:
Matty thomas at 5:58 looking very reddickish

Sent from my LG-H873 using RealGM mobile app
User avatar
Asif16
RealGM
Posts: 16,215
And1: 23,971
Joined: Feb 03, 2013
     

Re: 2019 Official Media Day & Training Camp Thread (TODAY @ 10 AM) 

Post#309 » by Asif16 » Fri Oct 4, 2019 1:16 pm

I guess we shouldnt jump to conclusions without some real games first....but how the hell did Terrence Davis go Undrafted.

This guy not only has a chance to make the team, but could be a key rotational player too.

Trying to temper my expectations before it gets stepped on...but TD looks lethal right now
User avatar
MadDogSHWA
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,218
And1: 2,437
Joined: Nov 17, 2004

Re: 2019 Official Media Day & Training Camp Thread (TODAY @ 10 AM) 

Post#310 » by MadDogSHWA » Fri Oct 4, 2019 2:48 pm

Syd-TK3 wrote:I'm sorry did I just see Ibaka put the ball between his legs???


and then drive and kick...yeah
OG'ed up from the feet up

Image
User avatar
MadDogSHWA
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,218
And1: 2,437
Joined: Nov 17, 2004

Re: 2019 Official Media Day & Training Camp Thread (TODAY @ 10 AM) 

Post#311 » by MadDogSHWA » Fri Oct 4, 2019 3:09 pm

Asif16 wrote:I guess we shouldnt jump to conclusions without some real games first....but how the hell did Terrence Davis go Undrafted.


I don't understand it.

EDIT: I just realized my posts speaks to how he was available NOT how he went undrafted.

I think he went undrafted because of the injury issues. Was he even able to workout for anyone?

The only thing I can think is that Denver picked him up early and everyone thought he was signing there. Masai's logic is the man isn't signed until he's signed. We signed him out from under Denver. They dropped the ball. I don't know if negotiations dragged on (or even started) or if they were waiting to evaluate his health.

It's funny for all the terrible jokes about Masai evaluating. He had clearly seen enough of TDj. What a find.
OG'ed up from the feet up

Image
Danny1616
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,627
And1: 5,604
Joined: May 26, 2007

Re: 2019 Official Media Day & Training Camp Thread (TODAY @ 10 AM) 

Post#312 » by Danny1616 » Fri Oct 4, 2019 3:15 pm

MadDogSHWA wrote:
Asif16 wrote:I guess we shouldnt jump to conclusions without some real games first....but how the hell did Terrence Davis go Undrafted.


I don't understand it.

The only thing I can think is that Denver picked him up early and everyone thought he was signing there. Masai's logic is the man isn't signed until he's signed. We signed him out from under Denver. They dropped the ball. I don't know if negotiations dragged on (or even started) or if they were waiting to evaluate his health.

It's funny for all the terrible jokes about Masai evaluating. He had clearly seen enough of TDj. What a find.


I think other teams offered him a two way contract, but Masai offered him a full one year guaranteed.
metafisical
Analyst
Posts: 3,347
And1: 4,393
Joined: Jun 13, 2014
     

Re: 2019 Official Media Day & Training Camp Thread (TODAY @ 10 AM) 

Post#313 » by metafisical » Fri Oct 4, 2019 4:10 pm

tdotrep2 wrote:someone pull up that OG tweet about it being his girl now before i loose it on yall


Read on Twitter
User avatar
720
RealGM
Posts: 18,400
And1: 44,576
Joined: Nov 01, 2012
Location: Mississauga
     

Re: 2019 Official Media Day & Training Camp Thread (TODAY @ 10 AM) 

Post#314 » by 720 » Fri Oct 4, 2019 4:41 pm

TD is going to be our starting guard over Normgod if he continues playing like this.
Image
Lowry is the greatest Raptor of all time.
User avatar
PD28
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,623
And1: 9,591
Joined: Jan 04, 2013
 

Re: 2019 Official Media Day & Training Camp Thread (TODAY @ 10 AM) 

Post#315 » by PD28 » Fri Oct 4, 2019 4:49 pm

Been on the TD bandwagon since his play in Summer League, man he still looks solid out there with NBA players. I can see him come in to shutdown opposing star guards and slowly contribute to the offence as the season progresses.

Also, I had no idea Dewan could move like this. I don't have a real comparison for him but he moves so much like a small 4/big 3 at his height which is unreal.
Image
User avatar
MadDogSHWA
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,218
And1: 2,437
Joined: Nov 17, 2004

Re: 2019 Official Media Day & Training Camp Thread (TODAY @ 10 AM) 

Post#316 » by MadDogSHWA » Fri Oct 4, 2019 4:58 pm

720 wrote:TD is going to be our starting guard over Normgod if he continues playing like this.


I agree 100% unless he ends up being our backup 1. Norm has never played with this kind of poise. The kid has it between the ears.
OG'ed up from the feet up

Image
maternal85
Senior
Posts: 650
And1: 587
Joined: Feb 14, 2016

Re: 2019 Official Media Day & Training Camp Thread (TODAY @ 10 AM) 

Post#317 » by maternal85 » Fri Oct 4, 2019 5:06 pm

Jcity08 wrote:The more I watch TD, the more I feel we got a keeper. His game is easy to watch, he has good two-way potential, could be a versatile scrappy combo guard in the future for us. Has nice size & length to be a really good defender and his offense already looks polished. I hope he's been working on his playmaking skills, and those turnover numbers in college needs improvement. Hopefully, he'll polish those areas in the 905.

I hope all our pickups this offseason pan out, a future defensive lineup with Konate & TD could be deadly.


Go back and read my posts. I said he'll be our main back up at least by year 2, and people laughed at me. I'm not an NBA scout (maybe I should be) but when I saw Pascal, Fred, and Powell, I said they'd be good NBA rotational players at least. The Suns released TD and I watched a game he played for them. Then after watching 2 preseason games he played for us, I said "MU did it again. He got us a steal". TD is by far more polished than what Pascal, Fred, and Powell were when they came into the league. TD will be up with the main team for at least half the season, and in the 905 at the other half. I'm glad and excited we got him.
maternal85
Senior
Posts: 650
And1: 587
Joined: Feb 14, 2016

Re: 2019 Official Media Day & Training Camp Thread (TODAY @ 10 AM) 

Post#318 » by maternal85 » Fri Oct 4, 2019 5:08 pm

LBJKB24MJ23 wrote:
Jcity08 wrote:The more I watch TD, the more I feel we got a keeper. His game is easy to watch, he has good two-way potential, could be a versatile scrappy combo guard in the future for us. Has nice size & length to be a really good defender and his offense already looks polished. I hope he's been working on his playmaking skills, and those turnover numbers in college needs improvement. Hopefully, he'll polish those areas in the 905.

I hope all our pickups this offseason pan out, a future defensive lineup with Konate & TD could be deadly.


he's proabably not going to the 905. he's going to be a rotation player in year 1.


Other than just his play, with Kyle being hurt, it'll definitely help him get more PT
navyblue
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,743
And1: 4,949
Joined: Nov 04, 2013
 

Re: 2019 Official Media Day & Training Camp Thread (TODAY @ 10 AM) 

Post#319 » by navyblue » Fri Oct 4, 2019 5:13 pm

PD28 wrote:Been on the TD bandwagon since his play in Summer League, man he still looks solid out there with NBA players. I can see him come in to shutdown opposing star guards and slowly contribute to the offence as the season progresses.

Also, I had no idea Dewan could move like this. I don't have a real comparison for him but he moves so much like a small 4/big 3 at his height which is unreal.

dewan, fvv, norm, td, pascal all have one thing in common, they were very old compared to thier draft class.

even delon.

there definitely is an inefficiency the raptors are exploiting in getting players who are perceived to have "reached their prime potential".

between scouting, and more importantly developing and giving them a chance raptors won a chip.

remember all the hate this board had when they passed on skal lassibier who couldnt even start for his college team and selected pascal.
User avatar
PD28
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,623
And1: 9,591
Joined: Jan 04, 2013
 

Re: 2019 Official Media Day & Training Camp Thread (TODAY @ 10 AM) 

Post#320 » by PD28 » Fri Oct 4, 2019 5:18 pm

navyblue wrote:
PD28 wrote:Been on the TD bandwagon since his play in Summer League, man he still looks solid out there with NBA players. I can see him come in to shutdown opposing star guards and slowly contribute to the offence as the season progresses.

Also, I had no idea Dewan could move like this. I don't have a real comparison for him but he moves so much like a small 4/big 3 at his height which is unreal.

dewan, fvv, norm, td, pascal all have one thing in common, they were very old compared to thier draft class.

even delon.

there definitely is an inefficiency the raptors are exploiting in getting players who are perceived to have "reached their prime potential".

between scouting, and more importantly developing and giving them a chance raptors won a chip.

remember all the hate this board had when they passed on skal lassibier who couldnt even start for his college team and selected pascal.


That is one of the funniest/defining moments of this board. Skal still sucks and everyone forgot about him. I've been on board with most of the moves TD, Dewan, Konate, Thomas...but for the life of me, I cannot defend the Payne acquisition. I hope they saw something I haven't seen but my god does he still not look good in the workout vids.
Image

Return to Toronto Raptors