ImageImageImageImageImage

Predict our win total.

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

MixxSRC
General Manager
And1: 14,092

Re: Predict our win total. 

Post#101 » by MixxSRC » Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:15 am

40-45 wins
vbmeer
Pro Prospect
And1: 735

Post#102 » by vbmeer » Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:39 am

Will Patrick McCaw have more made FGs than Raptors wins this season?
Oakville_Raptor
Head Coach
And1: 3,771

Post#103 » by Oakville_Raptor » Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:46 am

lol at anyone saying 40-45 wins after todays game...clear overreaction.
UneducatedFan86
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,590

Post#104 » by UneducatedFan86 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:13 am

I think it really depends on what Masai decides to do at the deadline. If we start off sluggish and there is some decent interest in our vets/expirings, then I could see us making long-term moves and that would bring our win total down.

If everything goes well: 44-47ish
If things go south: 30-35
Chandan
RealGM
And1: 21,108

Post#105 » by Chandan » Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:39 am

42 wins

lowry and Marc are getting up there in age. They are going to miss a few games here and there. Those will be automatic losses.
Oakville_Raptor
Head Coach
And1: 3,771

Post#106 » by Oakville_Raptor » Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:00 am

Man...this fanbase is depressing lol
yellowknifer
Analyst
And1: 2,337

Post#107 » by yellowknifer » Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:44 am

Will break 60 wins finally. 62 behind continued development and vets with a lot in the tank. Elite D. Elite O still. Depth still a plus. The east is strong at the top but weak at the bottom. Should find a lot of relatively easy wins. Team still has the personel to be an incredible defensive team.
Air Canada
RealGM
And1: 7,556

Post#108 » by Air Canada » Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:18 pm

There's still a lot of talent on this team. And a bunch of young guys with a lot of potential. I'm gonna say 49
Westside Gunn
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,075

Post#109 » by Westside Gunn » Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:41 pm

i miss the days when the bricks was only nineteeeeeeeen, i need a 100 right now
Realkeeper
Junior
And1: 411

Post#110 » by Realkeeper » Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:28 pm

53 - 58.

If I compare this squad to the 2017 - 2018 squad (which won 59 games), I can't see why there would be a drastic difference in win total... the bench is weaker this year, but the starting group is better. Plus, the key players got some valuable experience last season.
MixxSRC
General Manager
And1: 14,092

Post#111 » by MixxSRC » Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:17 pm

We lost Kawhi and Danny Green and didn't replace that production with new additions. Of course it's impossible but we didn't replace it even a little bit. How you can say 50 wins is beyond me. People forget the insane drop in production that Kyle had some months last year. Last year we could manage that. This year we don't.
pingpongrac
RealGM
And1: 16,249

Post#112 » by pingpongrac » Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:02 pm

MixxSRC wrote:We lost Kawhi and Danny Green and didn't replace that production with new additions. Of course it's impossible but we didn't replace it even a little bit. How you can say 50 wins is beyond me. People forget the insane drop in production that Kyle had some months last year. Last year we could manage that. This year we don't.
- further improvement of Siakam and FVV
- expanded role/further improvement of Powell and OG
- a full season of Gasol (assuming no injury, we won't be forced into playing a Monroe-type 15-20 MPG for ~20 games) with an expanding role, not playing conservatively adjusting to a new team with a superstar already on it

Those are a few reasons for high hopes. You have to remember that Kawhi played just 60 games last year and we had numerous other injury issues (JV for two months, Lowry missing 17 games, FVV missing 18 games, OG missing 15 games, etc.). That may happen again, but the injury bug was pretty bad for us last year.

Winning 50+ isn't a lock by any means, but ~50 wins is far more reasonable than the people thinking we'll miss the playoffs and/or barely be a .500 team.

Sent from my LG-H831 using RealGM mobile app
2019nbachamps
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,524

Post#113 » by 2019nbachamps » Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:19 pm

pingpongrac wrote:
MixxSRC wrote:We lost Kawhi and Danny Green and didn't replace that production with new additions. Of course it's impossible but we didn't replace it even a little bit. How you can say 50 wins is beyond me. People forget the insane drop in production that Kyle had some months last year. Last year we could manage that. This year we don't.
- a full season of Gasol (assuming no injury, we won't be forced into playing a Monroe-type 15-20 MPG for ~20 games) with an expanding role, not playing conservatively adjusting to a new team with a superstar already on it

Those are a few reasons for high hopes. You have to remember that Kawhi played just 60 games last year and we had numerous other injury issues (JV for two months, Lowry missing 17 games, FVV missing 18 games, OG missing 15 games, etc.). That may happen again, but the injury bug was pretty bad for us last year.

Winning 50+ isn't a lock by any means, but ~50 wins is far more reasonable than the people thinking we'll miss the playoffs and/or barely be a .500 team.

Forget about Danny Green...we lost one of the top 5 players in the NBA. We have no one capable of filling that void. Siakam might average 5 more PPG but that won't be enough. You talk about Gasol but in the regular season he was as productive as JV so consider his presence a wash. There's no escaping the fact we're weaker this year than last and while many of our fans are still riding the title high, they are forgetting how often we struggled last year when Kawhi wasn't carrying the offensive load. We're still going to make the playoffs easily but I cannot fathom us winning 50+ games. I don't want people coming back at the end of the season saying we fell short of 50 wins due to injuries and other excuses. Our team is extremely weak at the 2 and 3 which is going to hurt us all season. In fact, I can't recall the last time in our history we were this bad in those positions; probably not since we traded Vince.
everdiso
General Manager
And1: 10,125

Post#114 » by everdiso » Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:42 pm

2019nbachamps wrote:
pingpongrac wrote:

Forget about Danny Green...we lost one of the top 5 players in the NBA. We have no one capable of filling that void. Siakam might average 5 more PPG but that won't be enough. You talk about Gasol but in the regular season he was as productive as JV so consider his presence a wash. There's no escaping the fact we're weaker this year than last and while many of our fans are still riding the title high, they are forgetting how often we struggled last year when Kawhi wasn't carrying the offensive load. We're still going to make the playoffs easily but I cannot fathom us winning 50+ games. I don't want people coming back at the end of the season saying we fell short of 50 wins due to injuries and other excuses. Our team is extremely weak at the 2 and 3 which is going to hurt us all season. In fact, I can't recall the last time in our history we were this bad in those positions; probably not since we traded Vince.

Struggled?

They were 17-5 without kawhi in the lineup. A 63 win pace.

A 13-9 record in those games would have been a 50win pace.

They were also 8-1 in games kawhi scored fewer than 20pts.

They were also 17-5 in games kawhi shot lower than 45%.
"I wasn't gonna act surprised - cuz I wasn't surprised."
2019nbachamps
Assistant Coach

Post#115 » by 2019nbachamps » Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:40 pm

everdiso wrote:
2019nbachamps wrote:
pingpongrac wrote:- further improvement of Siakam and FVV

Struggled?

13 of those 17 wins came against non playoff teams. We rested Kawhi strategically against crappy teams. When we rested him vs playoff teams we went 4-5.

Even when Kawhi had a bad game he was still good for 20 pts. Siakam is pretty much the only guy on our team now capable of scoring 20 on a bad night. You aren't getting 20 from any other player shooting in the low 40s.

I'm going into the season with low expectations. I'm enjoying our championship and will enjoy watching our young guys mature. But many fellow Raptors fans will be in for a rude awakening. I suspect 20 games into what will be a tough start to the season when we're hovering around 500, Raptors fans will start to realize how much they overrated the team going into this season.
Mak
RealGM
And1: 4,559

Post#116 » by Mak » Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:14 am

2019nbachamps wrote:
pingpongrac wrote:

Almost this same team won 59 games with Derozan who was a negative net player 2 years ago.
Mak
RealGM
And1: 4,559

Post#117 » by Mak » Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:15 am

2019nbachamps wrote:
everdiso wrote:
2019nbachamps wrote:

Struggled?

13 of those 17 wins came against non playoff teams. We rested Kawhi strategically against crappy teams. When we rested him vs playoff teams we went 4-5.

Are you sure? If i remember correctly he never played on the second game of the back to back. There was no strategy there.
SharoneWright
RealGM
And1: 12,497
Location: A low-variance future conducive to raising children

Post#118 » by SharoneWright » Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:18 am

Mak wrote:
2019nbachamps wrote:
everdiso wrote:
Struggled?

Are you sure? If i remember correctly he never played on the second game of the back to back. There was no strategy there.

Just balls of steel. We did our thing. And then we smashed the playoffs.
Is anybody here a marine biologist?
2019nbachamps
Assistant Coach

Post#119 » by 2019nbachamps » Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:24 am

Mak wrote:
2019nbachamps wrote:
pingpongrac wrote:- further improvement of Siakam and FVV

Almost this same team won 59 games with Derozan who was a negative net player 2 years ago.

DeRozan gave us 23 ppg, we had a deeper bench, the east was weaker, and we had 4 solid starters. We're going into this season with starting SGs and SFs that aren't good enough to start on 85% of NBA teams out there, plus guys like Lowry and Gasol who probably won't be 100% to start the season. It will be a miracle if this team wins 50 or more.
2019nbachamps
Assistant Coach

Post#120 » by 2019nbachamps » Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:30 am

Mak wrote:
2019nbachamps wrote:
everdiso wrote:
Struggled?

Yes we rested him on back to backs but also against the crappiest teams in the league.

We destroyed non playoff teams and struggled against playoff teams without him. Obviously we're going to play 15 playoff bound teams this season so based on our track record last season, we shouldnt continue to point to our non Kawhi record to convince ourselves we'll be a 50+ win team without him.

Return to Toronto Raptors