ImageImageImageImageImage

GT: Rockets vs. Champs, Tuesday 6am, Sportsnet

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Jef
Sixth Man
And1: 3,405

Re: GT: Rockets vs. Champs, Tuesday 6am, Sportsnet 

Post#381 » by Jef » Wed Oct 9, 2019 1:14 am

Finally watched the game.... after reading this thread during the day, of course. Spoilers don't matter preseason.

Siakam - Just a little rusty, if anything. Just a little out of sync with himself. To be expected. The boy will be massive for us this year.

FVV and Powell - both solid, both with less bad decisions

Serge was great.

OG - Did RaptorsNorth only watch the first five minutes of the game? Other than that, he was a pleasant surprise. Defense was very good.

McCaw - defense was excellent, offence zero

Boucher - love it if they are trying him out like a traditional 3, because forget anything else

Stanley Johnson - the only poor performance among the Raps

RHJ - he will be an asset once he gets used to the schemes

Matt Thomas - middling for me. Sweet stroke though.

Terence Davis - he didn't have a great game, like some here are saying... but he certainly is promising, and some G-League time, maybe all season, is coming his way

Cam Payne - CAM PAYNE DID NOT SUCK. Actually, I liked his game, in the limited minutes he got. I hope he gets more, just to see if he can be as restrained and collected as he was tonight

Miller - shone only when Houston's third liners were on, in the last 5 minutes - against 2nd liners, he still wasn't that great. Need to see more

Oshae Brissette - nice debut, let's see more, another exciting G-league development project

Team Defence - they really didn't try too hard on Harden once he got into the lane, and Harden gets the call every time anyway
Norman Powell, after Game 5 Pacers dunk: "That's Norman Powell!"
Syd-TK3
RealGM
And1: 17,582

Post#382 » by Syd-TK3 » Wed Oct 9, 2019 1:34 am

RaptorsNorth wrote:
Syd-TK3 wrote:I'm not going to make major judgments off 1 preseason game but 1 thing I feel I have to mention is McCaw.

If anyone watched McCaw his rookie year and even summer league you could see he was a much different player on offense. It's almost like he lost all his confidence and is constantly overthinking what he should do next
true. The dude has gotten worse in his career. How do you go from this to not taking shots at all.

When I first saw this I thought for sure the warriors got a steal he looked like he could have replaced iggy years later
RaptorsNorth
RealGM
And1: 13,757

Post#383 » by RaptorsNorth » Wed Oct 9, 2019 1:51 am

Jef wrote:Finally watched the game.... after reading this thread during the day, of course. Spoilers don't matter preseason.

Siakam - Just a little rusty, if anything. Just a little out of sync with himself. To be expected. The boy will be massive for us this year.

FVV and Powell - both solid, both with less bad decisions

Serge was great.

OG - Did RaptorsNorth only watch the first five minutes of the game? Other than that, he was a pleasant surprise. Defense was very good.

McCaw - defense was excellent, offence zero

Boucher - love it if they are trying him out like a traditional 3, because forget anything else

Stanley Johnson - the only poor performance among the Raps

RHJ - he will be an asset once he gets used to the schemes

Matt Thomas - middling for me. Sweet stroke though.

Terence Davis - he didn't have a great game, like some here are saying... but he certainly is promising, and some G-League time, maybe all season, is coming his way

Cam Payne - CAM PAYNE DID NOT SUCK. Actually, I liked his game, in the limited minutes he got. I hope he gets more, just to see if he can be as restrained and collected as he was tonight

Miller - shone only when Houston's third liners were on, in the last 5 minutes - against 2nd liners, he still wasn't that great. Need to see more

Oshae Brissette - nice debut, let's see more, another exciting G-league development project

Team Defence - they really didn't try too hard on Harden once he got into the lane, and Harden gets the call every time anyway
this is clear trolling :lol: even the raptors reporters that usually speak highly of OG hardly spoke on him from this game. Dude showed no improvements to speak of :lol: nice trolling though. Man said He was a pleasant surprise :lol: I gotta give you props. This whole thing is actually funny.
“Elephant in the room : Nick Thibodeau” Board member seanbig :lol: :lol: :lol:

"THEY'RE SAYING US AND GOLDEN STATE ARE THE SUPER TEAMS" Knicks PG Derrick Rose :lol:
Scott Hall
RealGM
And1: 62,605

Post#384 » by Scott Hall » Wed Oct 9, 2019 1:56 am

Favorite part of the game was Devlin having none of Leos Syracuse crap on day 1 and casting shade on all
the crappy expert analysts outside of WOJ
Truthrising
RealGM
And1: 7,966

Post#385 » by Truthrising » Wed Oct 9, 2019 1:57 am

Read on Twitter
Masai's to do list
Trade - Ibaka
RaptorsNorth
RealGM
And1: 13,757

Post#386 » by RaptorsNorth » Wed Oct 9, 2019 2:06 am

Pascal actually selling clothing with that logo on it, or it's just for himself :lol:
“Elephant in the room : Nick Thibodeau” Board member seanbig :lol: :lol: :lol:

"THEY'RE SAYING US AND GOLDEN STATE ARE THE SUPER TEAMS" Knicks PG Derrick Rose :lol:
bootsythornton
Sixth Man
And1: 1,727

Post#387 » by bootsythornton » Wed Oct 9, 2019 2:14 am

RaptorsNorth wrote:Pascal actually selling clothing with that logo on it, or it's just for himself :lol:

sick logo, but cooler if he doesn't sell it. Pure star move to have his own limited line
Bruin
RealGM
And1: 38,621

Post#388 » by Bruin » Wed Oct 9, 2019 3:27 am

sportsyard wrote:
RaptorsNorth wrote:Pascal actually selling clothing with that logo on it, or it's just for himself :lol:

sick logo, but cooler if he doesn't sell it. Pure star move to have his own limited line

I saw a guy wearing one of his hoodies the other day so I’m guessing he does sell it lol
LJKO
RealGM
And1: 16,356

Post#389 » by LJKO » Wed Oct 9, 2019 3:29 am

Truthrising wrote:
Read on Twitter

I'm sorry but that is hilarious :lol: :lol: :lol:
Kevin Willis
RealGM
And1: 7,941

Post#390 » by Kevin Willis » Wed Oct 9, 2019 4:01 am

Pascal is jokes and a talker. Such a good personality.
Ska needs to make a comeback.
tecumseh18
RealGM
And1: 10,094

Post#391 » by tecumseh18 » Wed Oct 9, 2019 5:12 am

Jef wrote:

Not just "some here". The "Global" commentators on League Pass, who I assume are from Houston, were raving about Davis throughout the second half. At one point they compared him to Westbrook.

He clearly has an "it" factor that the Raptors without Lowry were missing in this game. But it would be nice (and necessary) to see him play against actual NBA regulars before making a determination.
Son Goku 25
RealGM
And1: 40,592

Post#392 » by Son Goku 25 » Wed Oct 9, 2019 5:45 am

Lmfaoo that was funny
Read
mtcan
RealGM
And1: 20,442

Post#393 » by mtcan » Wed Oct 9, 2019 12:37 pm

tecumseh18 wrote:
Jef wrote:

Not just "some here". The "Global" commentators on League Pass, who I assume are from Houston, were raving about Davis throughout the second half. At one point they compared him to Westbrook.

He clearly has an "it" factor that the Raptors without Lowry were missing in this game. But it would be nice (and necessary) to see him play against actual NBA regulars before making a determination.

TD is being developed as a point guard in the Raptors system. He played more as a 2 in college...perhaps even as a combo guard. I don't care what position he plays...I want to see him in the game...I just hope the coaching staff doesn't make the same mistake they made with Bruno...trying to develop him as a certain positional player. Grizzlies are letting Bruno play...that's all that matters...and he is showing something. I would rather let TD's physical tools and skills dictate the type of player he will be.
Kingsway_fan
RealGM
And1: 8,890

Post#394 » by Kingsway_fan » Wed Oct 9, 2019 12:44 pm

Yeah would love to have Bruno back....
alan_156
Senior
And1: 755

Post#395 » by alan_156 » Wed Oct 9, 2019 1:10 pm

I thought TD played pretty well. Sure he had some turnovers but I think overall he looked good. He definitely needs to get some minutes off the bench with this team, not the G league.

Same garbage with OG, good defense and robotic with no handles on offence.
sbsat
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,648

Post#396 » by sbsat » Wed Oct 9, 2019 1:29 pm

Kingsway_fan wrote:Yeah would love to have Bruno back....

is there much of a difference b/w Bruno and OG?
wazabifuzz
Starter
And1: 599

Post#397 » by wazabifuzz » Wed Oct 9, 2019 1:42 pm

alan_156 wrote:I thought TD played pretty well. Sure he had some turnovers but I think overall he looked good. He definitely needs to get some minutes off the bench with this team, not the G league.

OG doesn't really have trade value now, maybe later in the year he might get this stock up higher and raps trade him for something for the playoffs ?
PoundTown
Sixth Man
And1: 1,154

Post#398 » by PoundTown » Wed Oct 9, 2019 1:44 pm

alan_156 wrote:I thought TD played pretty well. Sure he had some turnovers but I think overall he looked good. He definitely needs to get some minutes off the bench with this team, not the G league.

I say first month we throw him in the G league and see if McCaw can do anything off the bench with a longer leash. We all know Davis is going to go in and destroy the G league similar to Freddy and norm. Will also let Davis run the point in the G. Then we bring him back in and integrate him in to the lineup in a combo role.

Return to Toronto Raptors