ImageImageImageImageImage

Fans will get replica Championship Rings on Opening Night

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

mike2087
Sophomore
And1: 194

Re: Fans will get replica Championship Rings on Opening Night 

Post#61 » by mike2087 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:16 pm

Kawhi Hands wrote:
dagger wrote: As a season seat holder.

you're part of the problem.

Yea screw people who give money to our team so our team can exist /s
tor1234567
Rookie
And1: 990

Post#62 » by tor1234567 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:07 am

Kawhi Hands wrote:just took a look at prices for the game.. they're about as expensive as the games in the finals.

what a joke. f mlse and f this government.

Whoa Whoa, hey now.

Why you hatin' on our government for?

They're not the ones jacking up Raptor tickets. Our government supports the team. Decked out in Blackface and everything.
And1Skip
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,746

Post#63 » by And1Skip » Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:18 am

Kawhi Hands wrote:

How are we season seat holders the problem? Been a die hard fan since inception in 95 as a teenager and carried on my dream to one day become a season ticket holder knowing I’ll need a good career to be able to do so. I became one 7 years ago when they were tanking and super desperate to sell tickets. They even gave me free pairs of courtside seats to 2 games that season to entice me to become a season ticket holder. I didn’t care that they were so bad and Bosh just left. It was my childhood dream. Fast forward 7 years we win the championship and I got to go to all of the finals games paying much less than they were selling in the market. I sold playoff tickets I couldn’t attend to my friends at my cost. Now as I continue to be a season ticket holder I get to go to the home opener and ring ceremony. If you were so committed to going to these in demand games, you should have maybe either paid attention more earlier and figure out how to get in at cheaper prices or just accept that there are way more diehard fans in the GTA than you thought. Yeah there are professional ticket brokers that are flagged and they bought their seats at higher prices than we did and are able to use bots to sell them to make profits. But that’s certainly not us real members. We are actually going to the game because we deserve to go.
2019nbachamps
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,545

Post#64 » by 2019nbachamps » Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:33 am

Unfortunately some folks here dont understand how economics works.

Let the government regulate prices which will reduce the club's revenue and ability to put a competitive team on the court.

The Raptors collect most of their revenues in Canadian dollars and their number one expense is in USD which is 30-35% more expensive than the CAD. Factor in having a team in the city with the highest taxes in the NBA, plus higher labour costs than probably most NBA teams, and an arena in the best part of the city means that the Raptors have to charge a pretty penny for tickets. There definitely is a large element of pricing that is shaped by demand but its hard to complain when the team is so well run and the team is willing to spend whatever it takes to field a competitive squad (eg pay the luxury tax).
RINSE
Head Coach
And1: 1,652

Post#65 » by RINSE » Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:58 am

Kawhi Hands wrote:

get a job
NeoDragonKnight
Starter
And1: 2,582

Post#66 » by NeoDragonKnight » Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:44 am

And1Skip wrote:
Kawhi Hands wrote:

How are we season seat holders the problem? Been a die hard fan since inception in 95 as a teenager and carried on my dream to one day become a season ticket holder knowing I’ll need a good career to be able to do so. I became one 7 years ago when they were tanking and super desperate to sell tickets. They even gave me free pairs of courtside seats to 2 games that season to entice me to become a season ticket holder. I didn’t care that they were so bad and Bosh just left. It was my childhood dream. Fast forward 7 years we win the championship and I got to go to all of the finals games paying much less than they were selling in the market. I sold playoff tickets I couldn’t attend to my friends at my cost. Now as I continue to be a season ticket holder I get to go to the home opener and ring ceremony. If you were so committed to going to these in demand games, you should have maybe either paid attention more earlier and figure out how to get in at cheaper prices or just accept that there are way more diehard fans in the GTA than you thought. Yeah there are professional ticket brokers that are flagged and they bought their seats at higher prices than we did and are able to use bots to sell them to make profits. But that’s certainly not us real members. We are actually going to the game because we deserve to go.

This, I am seriously tired of people on this board demonizing people who can afford tickets, or are just plain smarter or better at saving money and finding deals then these people who proclaim themselves as "true fans" and are entitled to be going to games at a cheaper price that suits them. I am by no means rich, but I hustled and saved to goto games during this past playoffs including the finals and this home opener, you had ALL SUMMER to save up.
RIP Kobe
Analyst
And1: 4,505

Post#67 » by RIP Kobe » Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:26 pm

RINSE wrote:
Kawhi Hands wrote:

get a job

:lol: :lol:

Got a very well paying job, but I absolutely refuse to line the pockets of season ticket holders reselling and scalpers.

I’ll give money to the raptors but not the secondary market
Lucky 24
Sixth Man
And1: 2,303

Post#68 » by Lucky 24 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:39 pm

Whenever I take my mom to a game, she always says "how all these riff raff people can afford to get these tickets?". My response - credit is a wonderful thing that a lot of these people live on. Live in the moment at the expense of your future.
dagger
RealGM
And1: 13,498

Post#69 » by dagger » Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:10 pm

Kawhi Hands wrote:
RINSE wrote:
Kawhi Hands wrote:

get a job

:lol: :lol:

Got a very well paying job, but I absolutely refuse to line the pockets of season ticket holders reselling and scalpers.

I’ll give money to the raptors but not the secondary market

That's fine, just don't whine about it. I don't resell for a profit, I actually resell at my cost price to a select group of regulars, extending the value of my 20 years of buying season seats to a wider group. Nobody buying from me is starving their kids. Not everyone is buying tickets to games on credit. Some have very good jobs and aren't saving to buy a house.
2019 will never be forgotten because FLAGS FLY FOREVER
Psubs
RealGM
And1: 10,633

Post#70 » by Psubs » Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:25 pm

I still sell my tickets under face-value and profit from my SSH discount. Though we are allowed to sell for more if we use the Ticketmaster marketplace and MLSE gets a fee as does Ticketmaster. If someone wants to pay that amount then that's what the market is for the game. I sold 1 pair of playoff tickets using this service and it sold for like 75% of the highest asking price on there.
duppyy
RealGM
And1: 13,131

Post#71 » by duppyy » Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:59 pm

Team does well = high ticket prices.
Team sucks = low ticket prices

If you live in LA or New York the ticket prices are high even if the team sucks ass.
Lucky 24
Sixth Man
And1: 2,303

Post#72 » by Lucky 24 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:01 pm

Does anyone know where in the rafters the banner is being positioned? Is it on the north or the south side?
MoMoneyMoProbs
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,465

Post#73 » by MoMoneyMoProbs » Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:01 pm

I sell my tickets to friends, co-workers and acquaintances for significantly less than what market/re-sellers/Raptors value have the games pegged at. Actually, I have other re-sellers messaging me to increase my prices cause I'm cutting into their profit margins. I tell them I refuse to do so.

I.E
Game - Sacramento Kings
My price - $190 for the pair
Ticketmaster (Dynamic pricing) 10 rows in front of me - almost $400 for the pair
Reseller on ticket master 11 rows behind me - almost $230 for the pair
angrylawyeryyz
Ballboy
And1: 9

Post#74 » by angrylawyeryyz » Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:33 pm

I do not understand not sending these directly to SSH. They should be.
Mikistan
RealGM
And1: 38,387

Post#75 » by Mikistan » Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:51 pm

angrylawyeryyz wrote:I do not understand not sending these directly to SSH. They should be.

Well they got a multicoloured hat instead

The year we made ECF with demar every ssh got a collectible wall poster with a game uaed piece of hardwood.

This year we get Nadda
angrylawyeryyz
Ballboy

Post#76 » by angrylawyeryyz » Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:59 pm

Mikistan wrote:
angrylawyeryyz wrote:I do not understand not sending these directly to SSH. They should be.

The year we made ECF with demar every ssh got a collectible wall poster with a game uaed piece of hardwood.

This year we get Nadda

Yes. I'm aware of that. I have all the hats and the poster and even the black ovo duffel they gave out that season they went to ECF.
Mikistan
RealGM
And1: 38,387

Post#77 » by Mikistan » Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:59 pm

angrylawyeryyz wrote:
Mikistan wrote:

This year we get Nadda

Yes. I'm aware of that. I have all the hats and the poster and even the black ovo duffel they gave out that season they went to ECF.

Wtf I wasn't aware there was a duffel...
angrylawyeryyz
Ballboy

Post#78 » by angrylawyeryyz » Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:34 pm

Hmmm. Odd. It was like this.

https://www.xxlmag.com/files/2016/01/Drake-OVO-.jpg

Raptors logo in gold and white on one end and ovo on other end.
angrylawyeryyz
Ballboy

Post#79 » by angrylawyeryyz » Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:37 pm

And I am curious if the hat this year was either in gold, silver and bronze. I have a bronze/copper one, silver one posted in other thread. Not sure about gold.
Psubs
RealGM
And1: 10,633

Post#80 » by Psubs » Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:10 am

Lucky 24 wrote:Does anyone know where in the rafters the banner is being positioned? Is it on the north or the south side?

You would think with We The North, it would be North side.

Return to Toronto Raptors