ImageImageImageImageImage

Davis should start

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

tor1234567
Rookie
And1: 990

Re: Thomas and Davis 

Post#81 » by tor1234567 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:15 am

HeadtopChunes wrote:
tor1234567 wrote:
Reeko wrote:It is going to be beautiful to watch the ball get kicked out to Matt Thomas and just know in your heart of hearts that the ball is going in. No anxiety, no desperation just a calm confidence that we are about to get 3 more points on the board.

On a scale of 1 to Redick, how automatic is he?

I haven't been watching preseason, but I'm intrigued with having a true gunner being able to hit threes off the dribble.

His release isn’t reddick fast but he’s pretty much automatic if he gets the space

Oh. So he's Terrence Ross then.
Public_Enemy101
Pro Prospect
And1: 940

Post#82 » by Public_Enemy101 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:16 am

Davis looks like a stud out there, he’s a regular. Thomas however, while a good shooter, has huge problems keeping up with his man. He’s always a step behind and has trouble breaking through picks. I’d use him for garbage minutes but never anything meaningful. I watched him during the Rico Hines practice and he was getting destroyed by quicker players.
HeadtopChunes
Head Coach
And1: 10,224

Post#83 » by HeadtopChunes » Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:17 am

tor1234567 wrote:
HeadtopChunes wrote:
tor1234567 wrote:
On a scale of 1 to Redick, how automatic is he?

I haven't been watching preseason, but I'm intrigued with having a true gunner being able to hit threes off the dribble.

His release isn’t reddick fast but he’s pretty much automatic if he gets the space

More consistent than Raptors Ross so far
MadDogSHWA
General Manager
And1: 5,346

Post#84 » by MadDogSHWA » Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:35 am

TD's first span of minutes tonight was exceptional.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using RealGM mobile app
"Packin' a Yak in the back by the rack" ~ Big Pun (probably)
YelloC
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,489

Post#85 » by YelloC » Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:48 am

Asif16 wrote:Davis is so versatile.

He can Defend, Score, Handle, Rebound, Shoot pretty well....this dude is gonna be a key role player for us

Davis, FVVsr. and Kyle were pesky on defence.
Brissett always seems like a net positive when he’s out there. If Stanley gets it for a minute, Masai should trade him and bring up OB.
TDotAllStar
Sophomore
And1: 256

Post#86 » by TDotAllStar » Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:48 am

Raptorfan2012 wrote:Looks like we have too many SGs now; Powell, TD, Thomas, and sometimes FVV. What will our rotation look like? Can one of these guys play SF? OG is going to need some help

TD was running point tonight once FVV came off so we can assume he’s a combo guard and will be playing point off the bench. It does seem like Nurse may go with a Lowry - FVV start and a TD and Powell bench and depending on sizing put FVV as PG off the bench and slide TD to the 2 off the bench and start Powell.
tor1234567
Rookie
And1: 990

Post#87 » by tor1234567 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:08 am

HeadtopChunes wrote:
tor1234567 wrote:
HeadtopChunes wrote:

Orlando Ross then
Tofubeque
RealGM
And1: 14,185

Post#88 » by Tofubeque » Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:10 am

TDotAllStar wrote:
Raptorfan2012 wrote:Looks like we have too many SGs now; Powell, TD, Thomas, and sometimes FVV. What will our rotation look like? Can one of these guys play SF? OG is going to need some help

TD was running point tonight once FVV came off so we can assume he’s a combo guard and will be playing point off the bench. It does seem like Nurse may go with a Lowry - FVV start and a TD and Powell bench and depending on sizing put FVV as PG off the bench and slide TD to the 2 off the bench and start Powell.

I liked that look. I know the ideal is length at every position, but if FVV/Lowry are good enough to close games all the time against other teams' best lineups, then they're good enough to start. And then stagger their rest so that we still usually have one of them on the floor.

With this roster, you probably want Fred playing over 30mpg this year. That's hard to do off the bench unless you play him long uninterrupted stretches at a time.
props Turbozone
dozo
Senior
And1: 299

Post#89 » by dozo » Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:37 am

tor1234567 wrote:
HeadtopChunes wrote:
tor1234567 wrote:

Orlando Ross then

TDavis reminds me of Dion Waiters but with better attitude. (That pass to slim duck was niceeee)
Reeko
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 32,885

Post#90 » by Reeko » Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:39 am

HeadtopChunes wrote:
tor1234567 wrote:
HeadtopChunes wrote:

If it's catch and shoot, he's money. Running off of screens it's less consistent from what I've seen.
Clay Davis wrote:COMPOSED ONLY OF THE COOLEST WOMEN AND THE HOTTEST GUYS, THE TORONTO RAPTORS REALGM BOARD HAS LONG BEEN KNOWN FOR ITS HIGH-QUALITY DISCUSSION, PASSIONATE LOYALTY, TEMPERATE CELEBRATIONS OF VICTORY, AND GRACE IN DEFEAT.
TDotAllStar
Sophomore
And1: 256

Post#91 » by TDotAllStar » Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:48 am

Tofubeque wrote:
TDotAllStar wrote:

I liked that look. I know the ideal is length at every position, but if FVV/Lowry are good enough to close games all the time against other teams' best lineups, then they're good enough to start. And then stagger their rest so that we still usually have one of them on the floor.

With this roster, you probably want Fred playing over 30mpg this year. That's hard to do off the bench unless you play him long uninterrupted stretches at a time.

We should expect Lowry to check out a bit early (before FVV) and see Powell come in as the 2. I doubt at first we’ll see more than 10 - 14 minutes of Davis a game which is probably for the best. TD gets after it well but he needs more practice running offence and executing with high BBIQ. Once he develops that I can see his game becoming something similar to Jrue Holiday (probably his ceiling).
fbalmeida
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,891

Post#92 » by fbalmeida » Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:00 am

I think it's likely we'll have FVV slide into a rotation role at PG with Lowry as the Prince of Posterior's form improves.

At any rate, with a backcourt of Lowry / FVV + Powell / Davis/ Thomas, as good as they all looked in Brooklyn... that's depth. We're all set at the back.
"The Raptors will be fine." - Masai Ujiri, March 26th, 2021
NotMyKawhi
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,025

Re: Davis should start 

Post#93 » by NotMyKawhi » Sat Feb 8, 2020 11:53 pm

Knew he'd start
Tor_Raps
RealGM
And1: 36,784

Re: Davis should start 

Post#94 » by Tor_Raps » Sat Feb 8, 2020 11:58 pm

NotMyKawhi wrote:Knew he'd start

Only took injuries to 2 guys ahead of him but still great lol.

Return to Toronto Raptors