ImageImageImageImageImage

OT - 'The Starters' Join 'The Athletic'

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

OakleyDokely
RealGM
And1: 63,505

OT - 'The Starters' Join 'The Athletic' 

Post#1 » by OakleyDokely » Tue Oct 8, 2019 3:52 pm

“The Starters” have found a new home in time for the NBA season. The popular quartet has joined The Athletic and will launch a new daily podcast next week. Tas Melas, Leigh Ellis, Trey Kerby and Phil Elder (professionally known as J.E. Skeets) were free agents after Turner did not renew their contract earlier this year following six years of hosting an irreverent TV show on NBA TV.

The podcast, titled “No Dunks,” will be available outside The Athletic’s paywall and will feature the daily musings of the four hosts in their trademark quirky style. Before their run on TV, “The Starters” were among the first media personalities to create a podcast and eventually joined Grantland’s podcast network before creating the TV show.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2019/10/08/starters-will-join-athletic-launch-an-nba-podcast/
TorontoBaller
Analyst
And1: 1,390

Re: OT - 'The Starters' Join 'The Athletic' 

Post#2 » by TorontoBaller » Tue Oct 8, 2019 4:09 pm

Good news

They're a bunch of good Canadian (and one aussie) boys who deserve to keep going.

I can't help but think they should have gone a more Tim n Sid route with Skeets and Tas, but whatever. They're already crazy successful. Glad to see they can keep it going.
UcanUwill
RealGM
And1: 28,785

Post#3 » by UcanUwill » Tue Oct 8, 2019 4:11 pm

I been a fan far before they were the starters. I dont really use twitter, so I wasnt following what is happening to them. I imagine they will have a new name and new facebook page?
wtfbosh
Veteran
And1: 444

Post#4 » by wtfbosh » Tue Oct 8, 2019 4:24 pm

UcanUwill wrote:I been a fan far before they were the starters. I dont really use twitter, so I wasnt following what is happening to them. I imagine they will have a new name and new facebook page?

I think they named themselves "the free agents" after they were let go by Turner
T0R0NT0_RAPT0RS
Analyst
And1: 1,266
Location: [STH] Toronto, ON = ah.. the memories of 500 level seats at skydome...

Post#5 » by T0R0NT0_RAPT0RS » Tue Oct 8, 2019 4:28 pm

Glad to hear they landed on their feet.
macNcheese3
RealGM
And1: 6,915

Post#6 » by macNcheese3 » Tue Oct 8, 2019 5:43 pm

Nice to see them join the Athletic. The Athletic has some good content.
Brinbe
RealGM
And1: 35,481

Post#7 » by Brinbe » Tue Oct 8, 2019 5:54 pm

They found a good home. Very happy for them. They were on the NBA/Internet mesh culture right from the jump and now it's this huge cultural wave.
SwiftyV
Sixth Man
And1: 1,682

Post#8 » by SwiftyV » Tue Oct 8, 2019 6:40 pm

UcanUwill wrote:I been a fan far before they were the starters. I dont really use twitter, so I wasnt following what is happening to them. I imagine they will have a new name and new facebook page?

Their new podcast with the Athletic is called "No Dunks". Their new Instagram page is https://www.instagram.com/nodunks_inc/

Not sure if they have a new Facebook or not.

Return to Toronto Raptors