ImageImageImageImageImage

This team really lacks young talent

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

kai_bouche
Sixth Man
And1: 10,166

Re: This team really lacks young talent 

Post#61 » by kai_bouche » Tue Oct 8, 2019 11:14 pm

Our biggest weakness is that we don’t have an Antetokounmpo yet.

Johnny Bball wrote:
Mikistan wrote:OP has a point

we dont have James Young, Joe Young, Nick Young, Thaddeus Young or even a Trae Young on the team.

And the guys we do have arent teenagers, but they are YOUNG to the GAME of basketball ;) like Siakam who only started playing as a teen, and TDjr who was a football player before committing to bball

I think our biggest weakness is we don't have a Green. We always got killed by Greens. Jeff Green, Gerald Green, Jamychal Green. Draymond Green... no Danny Green. Coincidence? I think not.
RyderMike
Assistant Coach
And1: 6,799

Post#62 » by RyderMike » Tue Oct 8, 2019 11:25 pm

If the option is elite young talent or a championship banner, I know what I'd pick

Spoiler:
young talent over the title definitely

Kidding
Dennis 37
RealGM
And1: 17,786

Post#63 » by Dennis 37 » Wed Oct 9, 2019 1:15 am

Johnny Bball wrote:

we dont have James Young, Joe Young, Nick Young, Thaddeus Young or even a Trae Young on the team.

And the guys we do have arent teenagers, but they are YOUNG to the GAME of basketball ;) like Siakam who only started playing as a teen, and TDjr who was a football player before committing to bball

I think our biggest weakness is we don't have a Green. We always got killed by Greens. Jeff Green, Gerald Green, Jamychal Green. Draymond Green... no Danny Green. Coincidence? I think not.

We'd have Hills to climb if we had Ahmed, George and Solomon.
Maxpainmedia:
"NYC has the **** most Two Faced fans, but we ALL loved IQ,, and that is super rare, I've been a Knicks fan for 37 years, this kid is a star and he will snap in Toronto"
Dennis 37
RealGM

Post#64 » by Dennis 37 » Wed Oct 9, 2019 1:16 am

kai_bouche wrote:Our biggest weakness is that we don’t have an Antetokounmpo yet.

Johnny Bball wrote:

I don't get it.
Maxpainmedia:
"NYC has the **** most Two Faced fans, but we ALL loved IQ,, and that is super rare, I've been a Knicks fan for 37 years, this kid is a star and he will snap in Toronto"
2019nbachamps
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,551

Post#65 » by 2019nbachamps » Wed Oct 9, 2019 1:21 am

I agree with OP but we're still in great shape. Siakam will be a great #2 option at worst, and hopefully blossom into a #1 guy. We don't have any bad contracts so we can always build through free agency and trades. If we really wanted to, we could also tank for 1-2 years to get some decent draft picks. I rather be in the situation we're in now than previous years where we had some good young players but no chance of competing due to a bunch of awful contracts.
Mikistan
RealGM
And1: 38,388

Post#66 » by Mikistan » Wed Oct 9, 2019 1:25 am

Dennis 37 wrote:
kai_bouche wrote:Our biggest weakness is that we don’t have an Antetokounmpo yet.

Johnny Bball wrote:

I don't get it.

You'd have to be a giannis to figure it out, like really really smart
howlin mad axer
Starter
And1: 1,479

Post#67 » by howlin mad axer » Wed Oct 9, 2019 1:39 am

The young talent on show at today's game vs Houston looked pretty good to me.
WeTheNorth123
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,363

Post#68 » by WeTheNorth123 » Wed Oct 9, 2019 1:47 am

Man Terrance Davis has the chance to be better than some lottery picks......

i mean stanley johnson is top 10 pick.....he is born in the same year as dewan hernandez
Dennis 37
RealGM

Post#69 » by Dennis 37 » Wed Oct 9, 2019 1:44 pm

Mikistan wrote:
Dennis 37 wrote:

I don't get it.

So you're saying we need Marcus?
Maxpainmedia:
kai_bouche
Sixth Man

Post#70 » by kai_bouche » Wed Oct 9, 2019 1:56 pm

Dennis 37 wrote:
Mikistan wrote:
Dennis 37 wrote:
I don't get it.

No I think it means That we need a Morris.

(I admit mine was off the mark, but these are beyond bad Dad jokes lmao)
tecumseh18
RealGM
And1: 10,099

Post#71 » by tecumseh18 » Wed Oct 9, 2019 2:55 pm

This board lacks young talent.
Mikistan
RealGM
And1: 38,388

Post#72 » by Mikistan » Wed Oct 9, 2019 3:51 pm

kai_bouche wrote:
Dennis 37 wrote:
Mikistan wrote:You'd have to be a giannis to figure it out, like really really smart

Morris may be a Marcus, but he is certinaly not Smart (video from yesterday's game that makes me lmao)

LBJKB24MJ23
RealGM
And1: 21,171

Post#73 » by LBJKB24MJ23 » Wed Oct 9, 2019 4:45 pm

Raptors haven't been in the lottery for a long time now. so the high upside players - Raps are going to miss out on from the start of their careers.

Spurs haven't been in the lottery since 1997. Tim Duncan though.

Raps just need to continue drafting well and spend well in free agency.
raf1995 wrote:I just don’t think he has that kind of potential. I think we will regret not trading him for a haul in a few years when he’s a mid-tier starter with nice playmaking and defense and a shaky jumper.
mihaic
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,077

Post#74 » by mihaic » Wed Oct 9, 2019 4:54 pm

Dennis 37 wrote:

Johnny Bball wrote:

I don't get it.

Me neither. We have McCaw, I don't understand why NBA is taking so long to give us the 2020 trophy.
Jadoogar
RealGM
And1: 14,760

Post#75 » by Jadoogar » Wed Oct 9, 2019 5:25 pm

Well that generally happens for teams that consistently win 50 games and just won the title.
Slo
Head Coach
And1: 8,532

Post#76 » by Slo » Wed Oct 9, 2019 5:33 pm

Brandon_Roy wrote:
vbmeer wrote:Meme that Giannis is coming to the point you actually start believing he's going to come the closer the deadline arrives and then grow resentful when he doesn't sign with Toronto and start the cycle again on another player and another year.

I actually don't even believe he will come but I never used to believe we could acquire players like Kawhi.
Knowing what we know now about how strong Kawhi's desire to play at home or near home really was, im pretty positive the only reason we for Kawhi was because the Spurs wanted to send him a big F you by trading him to furthest possible away from where he wanted to go. No way our deal was the best one, Pop just probably wanted to spite him. (Which obviousky backfired in the end).
Tha Cynic
RealGM
And1: 24,415

Post#77 » by Tha Cynic » Wed Oct 9, 2019 5:39 pm

The Raptors are stacked with young talent. In fact they're a star player away from being legit Eastern Conference champions again. Sure, they don't have elite young players, but you don't really need that with the way Masai has built this team from the development, coaching, training, to the depth. They can continue to plug players in and make home run swings to acquire that one last piece every year.

This imo is the best way to rebuild a team, rather than gutting it. You're just constantly retooling with the hope that you can somehow acquire that one player who makes all the difference.
Kobe Bryant:You asked for my hustle - I gave you my heart, because it came with so much more."~Kobe #MambaOut
MadDogSHWA
General Manager
And1: 5,360

Post#78 » by MadDogSHWA » Wed Oct 9, 2019 5:41 pm

OakleyDokely wrote:Masai was able to win the title, keep all his future #1s, keep the roster relatively young and have a lot of cap flexibility moving forward.

If there was such a thing as sentence of the year this is up there.

Wow.

To see that all summarized like that is unreal.
"Packin' a Yak in the back by the rack" ~ Big Pun (probably)
kai_bouche
Sixth Man

Post#79 » by kai_bouche » Wed Oct 9, 2019 7:23 pm

He got a Pre season tech lmfao
He bonked him in the head ..doof!
What a moron Morris is.

Mikistan wrote:
kai_bouche wrote:
Dennis 37 wrote:

Morris may be a Marcus, but he is certinaly not Smart (video from yesterday's game that makes me lmao)

WuTang_OG
RealGM
And1: 43,434

Post#80 » by WuTang_OG » Wed Oct 9, 2019 7:52 pm

OakleyDokely wrote:The Raptors (before Kawhi) were a tier below the top teams. But definitely not a treadmill team. Examples of treadmill teams are DET and CHA. .500 teams that aren't good enough to win a playoff round and not bad enough to get a top pick.

7-11 as leiweke called it

Return to Toronto Raptors